• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Lanbeast

I wish I would have hit up some of those pre-order deals when they were around. Now I'm having trouble finding anything worthwhile for this or blops2.

Lanbeast

Actually if anyone else is buying both shooters coming out, Microsoft store has Halo 4 pre-orders for $60 with $25 microsoft store credit. That store credit could then be used to pre-order BLOPS.

LosDaddie

Banned
Alright, it's pay day. What is all Double XP stuff? Where do I get it?

Mtn Dew and Doritos bags at the gas station?

Speaking of that, does anyone here actually play with rumble during online play? It feels like a gimmick that has run it's course IMO.

Always have it on.

From the cool other thread that is now for less mainstream hipsters.

IZgvj.jpg

hmm..may have found my new FB cover.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Pretty awesome that we'll already have 16 maps next month (or 13 not counting the Forge maps).

That said Relay looks like a decent one in it's own right.

Actually if anyone else is buying both shooters coming out, Microsoft store has Halo 4 pre-orders for $60 with $25 microsoft store credit. That store credit could then be used to pre-order BLOPS.

That's assuming you get the credit in time, the fine print says up to 10 days to get your email :/

LosDaddie

Banned
Also I"m on the outskirts regarding reach anyway. I personally think it's the best Halo game to date.

I'm with you. But hey, I've enjoyed each new Halo game. I really, really enjoyed Reach.

Dat ending. I am so hyped right now.

I haven't watched any FUD yet. I was waiting until I had the DL code from my LE.

Should I watch all of FUD before playing Halo 4?

Lanbeast

That's assuming you get the credit in time, the fine print says up to 10 days to get your email :/

Good point. I can take the risk though since I'll be putting time into Halo. I don't mind not getting black ops on release day as long as I can get a $25 discount.

AirBrian

That it was too late to pre-order. The website is allowing me to pre-order at the asme store though for pick up. Wondering if I should chance it or not.

I walked in the store yesterday and tried to pre-order on the kiosk with no luck. Asked the guy and he said if it's not on the kiosk then it's too late. As I'm walking out the door there's a rather large display on an end-cap with physical pre-order cards. So re-check your BB and look for the pre-order cards if you don't want to pre-order online.

I see some of you guys are about to get your copies today. Is MS still banning early players or are you guys just going offline or gonna wait till tues?
Someone said on the last page they haven't been banned despite being playing all day.

Thank fuck because I'm sick and I could really use some Halo.

"Theater Mode in Campaign did not make the cut for launch for various reasons of scheduling, rendering issues and some significant engine changes," she added. "However, we are treating Title Updates very differently for Halo 4 and rather than simply using them as opportunities for simple big fixes, we are thinking of them as a way to sustain and grow features and options, so it is possible you could see Saved Films made available for Campaign (as well as some other significant features) at some time in the not-too-distant future, but that's yet to be determined."

Oh please oh please oh please.

Hagi

Sweet went into a store in glasgow where they just got their stock and the manager asked me if i wanted a copy. Good to hear people aren't getting banned that would ruin my plans for the night.

Miles X

Anyone in UK ordered from GAME before and received their game on a Saturday? (When release date was Tuesday)

Wishful thinking :p

Looked everywhere for online preorders for the Limited Edition, and everybody was sold out, except for the Microsoft Store, which appeared to still have stock, or at least I assume they do, as they allowed me to check out and I have now received a receipt.

Looks like I probably won't get it on launch day, but that's alright. I'm happy enough that I was still able to get an LE 3 days ahead of launch, after finally deciding a week ago that I was going to purchase the game.

Whooaaa just watched the last episode of Forward Unto Dawn...

I'm surprised they showed Kelly's face (who was the guy Spartan? Fred? James?) I thought it was actually pretty well done and it showed just how young they are at the beginning of the war. They looked like I'd expect a Spartan to look. Chief still seemed old as hell though. It was weird seeing them with different armor though, what was up with that?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Whooaaa just watched the last episode of Forward Unto Dawn...

I'm surprised they showed Kelly's face (who was the guy Spartan? Fred? James?) I thought it was actually pretty well done and it showed just how young they are at the beginning of the war. They looked like I'd expect a Spartan to look. Chief still seemed old as hell though. It was weird seeing them with different armor though, what was up with that?

Very minor FUD spoiler.

That's
Fred he's 104.

Omni

Oh please oh please oh please.

I fear some people are going to overreact to that comment.

I'd love to see it return, but I'm certainly not going to hold my breath for it. Campaign scoring on the other hand... that should've been in the game already. It's a shame no one asked about it in the bulletin.

Who is Frankie? I just got the game and I´m unsure if I should play it.
Works at 343i.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

I'd love to see it return, but I'm certainly not going to hold my breath for it. Campaign scoring on the other hand... that should've been in the game already. It's a shame no one asked about it in the bulletin.

Works at 343i.

If much rather see theater than campaign scoring. Though theater is obviosley harder to implement.

GlamFM

Banned

Works at 343i.

Can you give me a link where he said that? I really want to be sure.

Top Bottom