• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Rev3rb

Ordnance = random item given to you no matter how much you suck.

Random weapon drop = random weapon drop in set locations at random times on the map completely nullifying any concept of map or weapon control. Remember them awesome exciting close games where that final setup and push for rockets decided the outcome? Not anymore. You'll lose because you're team had grenades spawn next to you while your opponents got a 'BiRi'.

smh.

wwm0nkey

Plywood made a .gif out of the best moment in my video, I feel it deserved a repost over here :)
biffbam14dma.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
wwmonkey, your Exile vid single handedly doubled my hype. Everything just looks so fun.

Omni

Random weapon drop = random weapon drop in set locations at random times on the map completely nullifying any concept of map or weapon control. Remember them awesome exciting close games where that final setup and push for rockets decided the outcome? Not anymore. You'll lose because you're team had grenades spawn next to you while your opponents got a 'BiRi'.

You forgot to mention that everyone gets told where the weapon drop is occurring before it happens. If you don't want the other team getting rockets, you better get your ass over there and fight for them.

MrDaravon

Shame there's no BTB objective in MM.

Yeah, this is kind of a bummer and something I've been ragging on for a bit now. I'm usually on with a bunch of people and we usually always play BTB (or it's equivalent), and having Slayer be the only thing in there for larger than 6v6 kinda sucks. Especially since to be quite honest a few of the guys aren't great, and prefer to play objective gametypes since they feel they can help more than in Slayer. Hopefully they'll do something about that at some point, but I'm not sure we'll still all be around at that point.

MrDaravon

Not until Monday. Props to anyone who can deal with shipping on major games like Halo. I HAVE to have that at midnight, no exceptions.

Yup. If I could get Amazon Prime to use Fedex to ship to me instead of UPS I would probably still use them. Fedex always gets to my place before noon, but UPS without fail shows up at around 4pm at the earliest, and usually around 5-6. If I care enough to actually buy a game day 1 (which isn't that often anymore) I'd like to actually play it that day, especially since Tuesdays were my day off during the week, and Amazon would use UPS about 95% of the time for me.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Shame there's no BTB objective in MM.
Yeah, I agree. I'm thrilled that 343 is putting so much effort into reviving BTB, but the job won't be done until they at least put BTB CTF in matchmaking.

Dominion is 6v6, though, right? That's close!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Not until Monday. Props to anyone who can deal with shipping on major games like Halo. I HAVE to have that at midnight, no exceptions.

It looks like I'm going to have to deal with not getting this Halo at midnight. I'm a dumbass for not pre-ordering the Limited Edition months ago but I have a GAF member who has secured one for me from Amazon. I'm lucky actually!

Yeah, I agree. I'm thrilled that 343 is putting so much effort into reviving BTB, but the job won't be done until they at least put BTB CTF in matchmaking.

Dominion is 6v6, though, right? That's close!

Yeah, Dom's 6v6 and probably my go to playlist.

But one day, I do wanna see BTB feature some objective.

Possibly just IS, CTF and Dominion and nothing else.

I wonder if there will be special weekend playlists? They haven't mentioned anything, so I assume not.

Top Bottom