• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Retro

What are my chances of walking into Best Buy Tuesday morning and snagging an LE?

Wasn't sure I'd even be getting this because I need a new HDD (I still have my original 8gb), but I was able to swing it after all but only in the last couple of weeks.

I'm guessing not good, huh?

What are my chances of walking into Best Buy Tuesday morning and snagging an LE?

Wasn't sure I'd even be getting this because I need a new HDD (I still have my original 8gb), but I was able to swing it after all but only in the last couple of weeks.

I'm guessing not good, huh?

I'm pretty sure LEs everywhere are sold out

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I still say Halo 4 is somewhat influenced by Metroid Prime considering the fact that
Promethean Vision is basically Thermal Vision in MP
. Yes Im right there halo 4 preemies...
:D

Retro

Only noticed 1 dip ever in SP and absolutely no dips in MP.

HaloGAF isn't playing yet?
JUWnj.gif

S1kkZ

Is framerate more stable than in Reach? Reach could get dips in heavy MP. Is Halo 4 more smooth or consistent?

solid 30 fps. only one small area in campaign has drops (and thats only for a few seconds). runs much better than reach in campaign, spartan ops and multiplayer.

jet1911

Soooooo, for those of you who played it. How's the campaign? Any cool memorable moments? Levels you absolutely want to replay? Is it more reminescent of Halo CE's campaign with a cool sense of discovery of the planet or a more "military" campaign like 3 and Reach?

Fjordson

Sorry to ask such a broad question and one that might not be easily answered until the game has been out for a while...

But is there anyone on here with an early copy enjoying H4 multiplayer despite not liking Reach's MP? I'm picking this up for the campaign either way, but I'm just curious how the online's being received.

robot

Has the AMEX deal been posted yet? Pretty awesome deal.

(Thanks to LinkinPrime at CAG)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331104

- $10 Statement Credit for enrolling

- Complete the 'Operation Completion' achievement and get $50 back when you spend $100 at Best Buy using your synced card. (Complete a Spartan Ops Mission on any difficulty)

- Complete the 'Wake Up John' achievement and get a one-time $25 statement credit within 8 weeks after unlocking the offer. (Complete the campaign on normal or harder)

- Be one of the first 25 syned Cardmembers to complete the 'Lone Wolf Legend' achievement and win a trip to E3 in 2013 for you and a friend! (Completed the Campaign solo on Legendary difficulty)

Sweet, my power returned after Sandy hit. I'm staying somewhere else now, but hopefully internet is back too. Regardless, I'll still be able to play the campaign at least on launch.

S1kkZ

Sorry to ask such a broad question and one that might not be easily answered until the game has been out for a while...

But is there anyone on here with an early copy enjoying H4 multiplayer despite not liking Reach's MP? I'm picking this up for the campaign either way, but I'm just curious how the online's being received.

hated reachs multiplayer (bad framerate, awful forge maps, standard maps not that great, leveling up/unlocking new armor took way too long), love the h4 multiplayer so far. but i am just a "casual" mp guy.

wwm0nkey

Reach's MP wore on me pretty fast, so far this games MP is excellent.

leng jai

solid 30 fps. only one small area in campaign has drops (and thats only for a few seconds). runs much better than reach in campaign, spartan ops and multiplayer.

That's great news. The frame rate in Reach was borderline unplayable for me in a few spots.

Has the AMEX deal been posted yet? Pretty awesome deal.

(Thanks to LinkinPrime at CAG)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331104

- $10 Statement Credit for enrolling

- Complete the 'Operation Completion' achievement and get $50 back when you spend $100 at Best Buy using your synced card. (Complete a Spartan Ops Mission on any difficulty)

- Complete the 'Wake Up John' achievement and get a one-time $25 statement credit within 8 weeks after unlocking the offer. (Complete the campaign on normal or harder)

- Be one of the first 25 syned Cardmembers to complete the 'Lone Wolf Legend' achievement and win a trip to E3 in 2013 for you and a friend! (Completed the Campaign solo on Legendary difficulty)

that would definitely get me to sign up for an AMEX. I'll remember this for Halo5.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
With launch so close, I'm really starting to regret ordering online, but I just couldn't pass up $48 with no tax and free shipping from Newegg. Hopefully it shows up before the weekend. :x

S1kkZ

Soooooo, for those of you who played it. How's the campaign? Any cool memorable moments? Levels you absolutely want to replay? Is it more reminescent of Halo CE's campaign with a cool sense of discovery of the planet or a more "military" campaign like 3 and Reach?

-campaign is great.
-memorable moments? no story spoilers, just gameplay/visual impressions:
nothing like the scarab fight in halo 3 but some really great looking areas that made my jaw drop.
-levels i want to replay? yes, there are some really great levels that i already replayed 2-3 times. also: no bullshit levels like library or cortana.
-its a mix between the h1 thing and military.

Is framerate more stable than in Reach? Reach could get dips in heavy MP. Is Halo 4 more smooth or consistent?
There were only a couple of times in campaign where framerate would dip, most notably the very first time you encounter enemies in mission 2. MP has been fairly solid so far, except I also had some frame drops during a BTB match in Vortex.

Have the campaign length worries been suficiently squashed? Is it around the original Halo/Reach lenght?
It is Halo Length™. Nothing to worry about if you didn't mind the length of the previous games.

Regarding the sense of discovery, I never really felt like the game 'let' me take in the environment. The characters didn't really seem to care about this crazy world they were in and I felt rushed from place to place. Otherwise there are lots of cool moments and I definitely can't wait to replay it in co-op.

The Halo OT seems to be obsessed with the MLG events, so I'll ask this here:

Has 343 made it so everyone – that is, standard edition buyers – will be able to access all the specs at launch when you reach the right level? There will be no waiting for the rest to be unlocked?

The Halo OT seems to be obsessed with the MLG events, so I'll ask this here:

Has 343 made it so everyone – that is, standard edition buyers – will be able to access all the specs at launch? There will be no waiting for anyone?
All I've heard is that people playing up to the 20th will get access to them. I got no source on that on hand but that's what I recall.

Card Boy

Banned
Finally. Grunts have always been the Jar Jar Binks of Halo. They're funny, but more obnoxious than anything else. I'm excited for the species of the Covenant to feel more menacing over all.

this is AWESOME news.

These posts make me sad. Some of the Grunt moments in Halo CE to ODST where hilarious.

Some noteable ones just from Halo 3 alone.

"My spidey sense is tingling!"
"I just wet my pants!...Wait, I'm not wearing pants..."
"I GOT THE POWER!
"Leader Dead! Everybody! Panic!" (After killing a Brute)
"Don't go into the light, Jimmy!"
"Suck it, Heretic!"
"Does that mean I'm in charge?" (After killing a Brute)
"How ya' like me now, bitch?"
"Here's one for your mama!"
"Time to open up a can of whoop-ass!"
"I'll get ya, you BIG, BULLYING, JERK!"

Craploads more here

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Unggoy/Quotes

Watching a couple of streams now - this game sounds really good. Can't wait to rock my speakers with it. Kind of has a "BF3 War Tapes" thing going.

blamite

Thanks. That's good to hear. I wish 343 would say this, though. Like put it on Waypoint or something.

I don't think it's been anywhere on Waypoint, but the big Halo 4 countdown on the dashboard links to a video about specializations, and at the end there's a screen that says it.

Top Bottom