• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

bigmac996

I was wondering if anybody who has the game can help me out with this problem I had today.

I had some friends over and with two copies of the game we attempted system link, but it kept saying that each other's parties were unjoinable. Do we have to be connected to Live to do it or something?

Also, we tried doing matchmaking on one xbox over xbox live and it wouldn't let my friends on as guests without xbox live gold accounts. Is this just a bug or something? I haven't played online with guests since Halo 3, so I don't know if this is a new thing or not. Perhaps we just did something completely wrong?

Thanks!

Redford

aka Cabbie
It would have been really cool to have Ordnance drops communicated over the radio by someone on the Infinity, instead of Steitzer, like the Target Locator in Reach firefight. I always thought that was cool.. =(

Yeah I think so. That did not pop up for my halo USB, but it did for MassEffect drive and I never had any problems.

Many thanks!

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
I was wondering if anybody who has the game can help me out with this problem I had today.

I had some friends over and with two copies of the game we attempted system link, but it kept saying that each other's parties were unjoinable. Do we have to be connected to Live to do it or something?

Also, we tried doing matchmaking on one xbox over xbox live and it wouldn't let my friends on as guests without xbox live gold accounts. Is this just a bug or something? I haven't played online with guests since Halo 3, so I don't know if this is a new thing or not. Perhaps we just did something completely wrong?

Thanks!

I don't know about the Matchmaking/Guest thing, but for the System Link you probably need to press start and manually change your networks to System Link. If you don't do that, then you can still see the other people over the network, but you can't join each other.

jediyoshi

h48zjw9.gif

bigmac996

I don't know about the Matchmaking/Guest thing, but for the System Link you probably need to press start and manually change your networks to System Link. If you don't do that, then you can still see the other people over the network, but you can't join each other.

Thanks for the help man! We definitely did that, pressing start, going to network and changing from My Xbox 360 to System Link and it still said unjoinable. We tried everything haha. But yeah, thanks again for the reply nonetheless!

GavinGT

Banned

Thanks!

For system link: It's possible that one Xbox had the title update and the other didn't.

For guests on Xbox Live, I would imagine they're restricted to certain playlists. Try Big Team Battle.

Frankie/343 folk, when can I start streaming SP?

I know the obvious answer would be 12:01 AM Nov.6th, but I was just curious if I could stream earlier.

<3 Thanks for letting me stream MP earlier though... There was more than 600 people watching for a while, tons of fun :)

bigmac996

For system link: It's possible that one Xbox had the title update and the other didn't.

For guests on Xbox Live, I would imagine they're restricted to certain playlists. Try Big Team Battle.

OH MY GOD. I can't believe I didnt think of that. You nailed it. Thank you good sir.

As for Live, I'll try that again when I get some people over. Thanks again!

Booties

Banned
Frankie/343 folk, when can I start streaming SP?

I know the obvious answer would be 12:01 AM Nov.6th, but I was just curious if I could stream earlier.

<3 Thanks for letting me stream MP earlier though... There was more than 600 people watching for a while, tons of fun :)
Why would you want to stream early? Who really cares?

Oozer3993

24 Hours

Ghosts of Onyx takes place over a large period of time, but it definitely starts before Halo Reach; probably beginning midway through Fall of Reach. There are Spartan III's on Reach, remember? It does end around where you've placed it though. Approx. the same time as Halo 3.
The Cole Protocol does not keep track of it's year, which makes it difficult/impossible to place it chronologically. The only thing that is for sure is that it takes place during The Human-Covenant war, so after Reach and before 3.

It's been awhile since I read Ghosts of Onyx, so I had forgotten that it covered the formation of the Spartan III program. I only remembered the events on Onyx. Thanks for the correction!

Fuchsdh

Ghosts of Onyx takes place over a large period of time, but it definitely starts before Halo Reach; probably beginning midway through Fall of Reach. There are Spartan III's on Reach, remember? It does end around where you've placed it though. Approx. the same time as Halo 3.
The Cole Protocol does not keep track of it's year, which makes it difficult/impossible to place it chronologically. The only thing that is for sure is that it takes place during The Human-Covenant war, so after Reach and before 3.

Cole Protocol takes place before 2540 at the latest, as it details Lt. Keyes becoming Commander. Last I heard the author listed it as something like 2537, but I don't have a hard date.

GrizzNKev

Banned
If I just walk into a Gamestop tomorrow night at midnight I should be able to get a regular copy right? I'm considering cancelling my Amazon order since it still hasn't switched to "Shipping Soon" and I really don't want to sit around all day Tuesday since I won't be busy.

Oozer3993

If I just walk into a Gamestop tomorrow night at midnight I should be able to get a regular copy right? I'm considering cancelling my Amazon order since it still hasn't switched to "Shipping Soon" and I really don't want to sit around all day Tuesday since I won't be busy.

I'd be shocked if you couldn't. They should have a huge stock of the regular edition.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I guess the 8GB number is just the maximum (and thus recommended) amount that will be used after multiple Spartan Ops seasons, etc.

Dead

well not really...yet
My LE has been shipped by Amazon :D

Ill be too scared to play it if I get it in the mail tomorrow though, lol :(

GrizzNKev

Banned
My LE has been shipped by Amazon :D

Ill be too scared to play it if I get it in the mail tomorrow though, lol :(

Wait are you serious, I just cancelled my order like 5 minutes ago. My ship time was 2 days though, and it hadn't shipped yet. Is that normal?

Dead

well not really...yet
Wait are you serious, I just cancelled my order like 5 minutes ago. My ship time was 2 days though, and it hadn't shipped yet. Is that normal?
Yeah, it was shipping soon this afternoon, and is now in shipped status with tracking info already available.

Top Bottom