• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the Plasma Caster pack & SAW pack today, I seriously wonder if I'm like one of the only people who have the PC pack, that weapon is such garbage. Even the tier 2 & 3 versions in WZ don't feel like power weapons, lol.

I have it.

Immediate delete for refund every time I get one in a pack.

I'd take a standard Rail Gun over any of the PC variants.

Fuchsdh

There's just not enough areas for PC to shine really, compared to SAWs and Shotguns (base defense) and things like the Railgun, rockets, or snipers.

It's a fun weapon in Arena though.

Ramirez

Guess I shoulda been more specific, I maxed the commendations for both of those, lol. I had a lot of Answer's, that thing wrecks.

There's just not enough areas for PC to shine really, compared to SAWs and Shotguns (base defense) and things like the Railgun, rockets, or snipers.
The PC is just as, if not more effective than the SAWs and Shotguns at base defense considering there's no friendly fire in Warzone. And the same goes for offense: Spawn with PC, roll up to enemy base, unleash explosive hell from everywhere, drawing enemies out of cover for easy pickings from your teammates. Even if you're playing solo, look for randoms who are attacking bases to make use of the PC's explosive power, abundant ammo supply, and bothersome radius of little plasma bits exploding everywhere lol.

I don't know, I've been loving the PC and find it as one of Halo's more diverse weapons. Only spot I think it's weak is CQC where you run the risk of killing yourself and/or letting the enemy kill you before your explosives go off.

The PC is just as, if not more effective than the SAWs and Shotguns at base defense considering there's no friendly fire in Warzone. And the same goes for offense: Spawn with PC, roll up to enemy base, unleash explosive hell from everywhere, drawing enemies out of cover for easy pickings from your teammates. Even if you're playing solo, look for randoms who are attacking bases to make use of the PC's explosive power, abundant ammo supply, and bothersome radius of little plasma bits exploding everywhere lol.

I don't know, I've been loving the PC and find it as one of Halo's more diverse weapons. Only spot I think it's weak is CQC where you run the risk of killing yourself and/or letting the enemy kill you before your explosives go off.

Fun idea: Coordinate with a buddy who spawns with a Speed boost and maybe an Overshield. Stick him with a charged shot right outside an armory and have him run in. PvP suicide grunts!

Trup1aya

Finally got around to playing BTB. Never been a BTB guy. But I'm having a lot of fun so far.

The maps are atrocious, but generally play very well. The visual clarity actually is actually much better than 343s maps.

I do wish I could see headlong get proper treatment though.

BraXzy

Social slayer that launches as a community cartographer playlist alongside Forge? Or would people prefer purely dev done stuff?

Fuchsdh

The wait for new maps was historically longer than a month, although Halo 4's first pack dropped around that timeframe.

The wait for new maps was historically longer than a month, although Halo 4's first pack dropped around that timeframe.

It'd be nice if we get DLC maps along with the Waterworks forge map, though I'm guessing the forge map will be the only thing to tide us over until DLC arrives later.

Holy fucking shit... down like 10 kills the whole match pretty much... came back a bit... was 49-44 and we got 6 straight kills to win...

I'm still vibrating...that was some crazy ass come back

malfcn

Amazon had the LCE under a hold and review due to complaints.
Now the page is edited: [Digital game download code only/No disc included]

Available again.

z3phon

Picked up the game and xbox one over the weekend and played it for the first time today. Got my ass handed to me in team arena and I consider my self to be pretty decent in FPS games. Need to get used to the controller and the game.
Though the game feels pretty great from the few rounds I played.

BraXzy

Picked up the game and xbox one over the weekend and played it for the first time today. Got my ass handed to me in team arena and I consider my self to be pretty decent in FPS games. Need to get used to the controller and the game.

You ass will be served on a platter for awhile. Maybe get started in Campaign to get to grips woth the basic movement mechanics, or hop into Warzone. Also run around maps in customs to get a feel for them so you aren't running blind online. Good luck ;)

Madness

Campaign is best way to get acclimated to the controls and get a general 'idea' of how the new mechanics work, and how the new weapons shoot and play as well.

Also, maybe go into warzone or BTB where there isn't as great an emphasis on one single person's skill and get carried for a bit as you get adjusted.

I don't know how familiar you are with Halo, but it's not a game you can pick up and be good at, it has a steep learning curve and large skill gap. So yeah, getting your ass handed to you is going to be a frequent experience at first, as others have said your best bet is to play the campaign and BTB/Warzone so you can get used to the controls. Don't feel discouraged, because when you're successful/in the zone it's one of the most rewarding feelings in gaming.

Leyasu

Banned
Finally got around to playing BTB. Never been a BTB guy. But I'm having a lot of fun so far.

The maps are atrocious, but generally play very well. The visual clarity actually is actually much better than 343s maps.

I do wish I could see headlong get proper treatment though.

I love BTB. I had some great games last night. The highlight being a ctf where nearly everyone on my team had a mic.

I yearn for some sexy maps though. Another thing deadlock when I am on blue team, I sometimes have difficulty seeing the red players due to my colour blindness. Some time off day variants would mix things up a little I think.

Detective

I know how you feel! Don't think a server fix/server choice is happening though:( they must be aware of the issues by now and they haven't said anything. If anything I'm getting even less EU servers than I was before.

That being said, I still love the game though. It's so satisfying when it clicks. Would love some Firefight/additional gamemodes in amongst more EU servers, it could really do with being fleshed out.

Thanks for understanding.. It's really frustrating you know..

I love the game thou. Have been playing it since release and I will be playing it all time forward.

I hope a firefight/ PVE mode will appear soon too. It will be amazing with how the gameplay is.

Of to Spain for some vacation :p

I got the Plasma Caster pack & SAW pack today, I seriously wonder if I'm like one of the only people who have the PC pack, that weapon is such garbage. Even the tier 2 & 3 versions in WZ don't feel like power weapons, lol.

Is there a Plasma Caster variant that isn't absolutely terrible?

pieface

do any Halo players use the elite controller in this thread?

how do you set the trigger sensitivity to use the hairline triggers?

In my Xbox Accessories app, there's no "Trigger sensitivity" option.

Septic360

Banned
do any Halo players use the elite controller in this thread?

how do you set the trigger sensitivity to use the hairline triggers?

In my Xbox Accessories app, there's no "Trigger sensitivity" option.

I use the elite controller but I'm a bit stumped with the hairline triggers too.

ALso it sucks that I cant use certain weapons that require them to be powered up like the plasma pistol etc.

Just opened my Warzone packs:

Well the first one is crap:

8ngtfKK.jpg

But the second one looks pretty decent:

Is the Heartseeker any good?

Trup1aya

Man, just played a game of strongholds in Basin... Why do people hate BTB strongholds again?

It was probably the most fun I've had yet in H5, which says a lot. A narrow come from behind victory.

This mode is well suited for BTB. The Spartan chatter and the wealth of info provided in the HUD make it easy to 'coordinate' even if teammates aren't using mics.

Well done

Ramirez

Is there a Plasma Caster variant that isn't absolutely terrible?

The tier 2 version shoots out two grenades instead of one. I think the tier 3 has proximity detonation. I think you could combine both of these traits and maybe finally have a real power weapon in arena, lol.

The tier 2 version shoots out two grenades instead of one. I think the tier 3 has proximity detonation. I think you could combine both of these traits and maybe finally have a real power weapon in arena, lol.

It's rubbish in Arena but pretty awesome in WZ Assault, one of the few power weapons I bother using there. Really good for clearing out people camping in the armory/core room.

i hope so bad that with the release of forge theyll say OH AND ODDBALL AND OTHER GAMETYPES YOU LOVE ARE NOW IN THE GAME TOO ISNT THAT COOL

Glass

Man, just played a game of strongholds in Basin... Why do people hate BTB strongholds again?

It was probably the most fun I've had yet in H5, which says a lot. A narrow come from behind victory.

This mode is well suited for BTB. The Spartan chatter and the wealth of info provided in the HUD make it easy to 'coordinate' even if teammates aren't using mics.

Well done

Yeah, I'm loving H5 BTB and think Stronghold suits it well. Get a lot of close games. Just when you think one team has run away with it, they fail to secure a second spot and the other team comes racing back.

Trup1aya

Yeah, I'm loving H5 BTB and think Stronghold suits it well. Get a lot of close games. Just when you think one team has run away with it, they fail to secure a second spot and the other team comes racing back.

I think it's far and away a better game type that slayer for BTB.

Good players can carry players who die a lot, by maintaining control of two strongholds. So it works well even if there is a variety of skill levels in the same match.

the fact that enemies can only score when they have two strongholds even gives lesser players a chance to git Gud and contribute without always being a detriment to the team. Lack of such a mechanism is why I've always shied away from BTB in the past.

BraXzy

sweet. thanks. seems like it has a use in certain places but may be too limited dependant on terrain.

It's basically anywhere with a slope from the sounds of it, but obviously not everywhere has a gap worth pulling this off. It's apparently super hard to pull off consistantly, but I assume it'll get patched.

Trup1aya

i hope so bad that with the release of forge theyll say OH AND ODDBALL AND OTHER GAMETYPES YOU LOVE ARE NOW IN THE GAME TOO ISNT THAT COOL

That would be cool. But If I don't here anything why the time forge launches, I'm just gonna assume we'll never get them before the population disappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom