• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trup1aya

Thing is that if Im with my friends, the chatter seems intrusive if they are making callouts too. Tonight Im turning it on, I feel there are lots of times I get killed because of my lack of awareness.

Hmm, IMO the sound mixing is pretty good. Player voices drown out the Spartan chatter so I never really have any conflicts. I can see why it would be an issue for some though.

IHaveIce

Banned
Man Ghosts are really annopying to fight on open maps.. And since there area where you can board them now is supersmall it is even worse

Trup1aya

Man Ghosts are really annopying to fight on open maps.. And since there area where you can board them now is supersmall it is even worse

That's the advantage provided by that particular vehicle... It's just like using a power weapon under the right circumstances.

Best not to take them on 1v1 unless you lure them into a tight space.

Karl2177

IMO vehicle fights are pretty miserable now. It doesn't feel rewarding to shoot a vehicle with a regular weapon and kill it. It doesn't feel fair when I'm killed by a vehicle(the Warthog turret is the lone exception). It doesn't feel good to kill with a vehicle. It doesn't feel good dying by bullet fire when I'm in one. The vehicle health model since Reach has been garbage.

JackHerer

Wrecked. Seemed like a lot of his pistol shots were registering even when they looked off target. Weird.

Seriously. One situation he was shooting at the air with the guy behind cover and he still registered two shots.

This was happening to me last night a couple games. Multiple times where I just thought: "No way should I have hit that shot".

Seems like I'll shoot a guy in the waist sometimes and get a headshot...

IHaveIce

Banned
IMO vehicle fights are pretty miserable now. It doesn't feel rewarding to shoot a vehicle with a regular weapon and kill it. It doesn't feel fair when I'm killed by a vehicle(the Warthog turret is the lone exception). It doesn't feel good to kill with a vehicle. It doesn't feel good dying by bullet fire when I'm in one. The vehicle health model since Reach has been garbage.
Yep agreed on every point Karl. vehicular combat is very weird in Halo 5, I didn't like Reach' and 4's either but they were better than this.
Especially as a gunner on a Warthog, you die way too fast it is like the autoaim for others is highly increased against gunners.

I Mentioned this game a few days ago and found out my brother recorded on his account. 36 to 49 come back to win team slayer on Truth. http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/CTownSnipesYIDB/video/13038418
Holy shitballs I've expierenced stuff like this back in Halo3 and it was always amazing
Wrecked. Seemed like a lot of his pistol shots were registering even when they looked off target. Weird.
Sometimes it is only a theater issue

JackHerer

Yep agreed on every point Karl. vehicular combat is very weird in Halo 5, I didn't like Reach' and 4's either but they were better than this.
Especially as a gunner on a Warthog, you die way too fast it is like the autoaim for others is highly increased against gunners.

Holy shitballs I've expierenced stuff like this back in Halo3 and it was always amazing

Sometimes it is only a theater issue

Likely a combination of theater inaccuracy and the real effect of enhanced bullet magnetism. The bullet magnetism is also part of why it is so easy to kill gunners. You can wildly sweep your BRs reticle as they go by and get an easy headshot.

Not sure of a solution though, maybe they can tone it down a bit but the game is already hard enough as it is I think. If they could tone magnetism down on just the BR that could help or maybe make only the gunner less of a "magnet".

BraXzy

Clips recorded from theatre are super inaccurate and shouldn't ever be looked at as representative of in-game play. Unless your recordings are DVR'd from the moment they happened.

I hope they can fix the weird delay/offset though. Clips and montages look really odd when they have been grabbed from Theatre. It makes it look like the game has ridiculous bullet magnetism :L

HTupolev

Clips from Theater should be more accurate since they are pulled from the servers.
Not in terms of showing where you were aiming. Aiming is asynchronous, and what the host knows is delayed and imprecise. The host doesn't simulate your gun firing in the direction it thinks you're facing, it receives data about where your Xbox says you shot and at most checks if that's roughly plausible.

It's not much different from looking at replays in any other Halo game, and looking from the point of view of players other than the person who saved that replay file.

I go solo all the time. Thankfully the game is designed in such a way that I know where all my teammates are at all times, if they are being attacked, and sometimes they even make call outs (in game Spartan chatter).

As a solo player I use my teammates all the time, most of the time they don't even know it... even when I do team up with my freinds the amount of actual "teamwork" is very limited.

I'm not pro or anything (platinum 4 as of right now) but the game is not frustrating at all playing solo except for when your teammates start leaving when you get down 5 kills or so... the great thing about halo is you never out of the woods, I've had some amazing comebacks.
Difference between ranks I think. As an Onyx matching against Onyx/Champions, they will rek shit if your teammates run straight over and over after respawning. You can follow your teammates all you want, but if they are oblivious to higher level play, then you will get steamrolled and there's little you can do about it except wait for the inevitable loss.

It's an impossible situation many times as you're left laughing/raging to yourself, "There is nothing I can do about this. No one's talking, no one's timing, no one's coordinating attacks, no positions being held.."
Was there just a bunch of geometry posts? Feels like Halo!

I don't know why they continue to do that shit part of CE and 2s greatness was the straight edges and no bullshit during gunfights.

All the greats have simplified geometry in the mp maps.

Actually that is a bug in theater mode. Spec and theater mode are very bad. They show you missing when you are not.

It's not a bug, just a fundamental feature of how they've implemented it and the limitations of non-zero ping. This way every player gets the same clip at the end, the alternative is that you get exactly what you saw during the game but every player has a different clip.

Difference between ranks I think. As an Onyx matching against Onyx/Champions, they will rek shit if your teammates run straight over and over after respawning. You can follow your teammates all you want, but if they are oblivious to higher level play, then you will get steamrolled and there's little you can do about it except wait for the inevitable loss.

It's an impossible situation many times as you're left laughing/raging to yourself, "There is nothing I can do about this. No one's talking, no one's timing, no one's coordinating attacks, no positions being held.."

Im not at that level yet, I may never get there but I would think that if someone could make there way to Onyx level they would at least have some idea how to use there teammates to help them.

Akai__

It's not a bug, just a fundamental feature of how they've implemented it and the limitations of non-zero ping. This way every player gets the same clip at the end, the alternative is that you get exactly what you saw during the game but every player has a different clip.

You mean how it actually was for 8 years now? I'd rather take that, than this dumb system. Theater has become so worthless:

-Can't take clips, because it's displaying stuff that didn't actually happen...
-Can't take screenshots (Halo 3 rendered screenshots in like 4K and made them 1080p). Xbox One Screenshots look like poop.
-Can't load up Campaign videos.

I don't understand why they can't improve these things, instead of downgrading them. You wouldn't even be able to share them, because there is no File Share yet. This is pretty sad...

IronWarrior

Neo Member
You mean how it actually was for 8 years now? I'd rather take that, than this dumb system. Theater has become so worthless:

-Can't take clips, because it's displaying stuff that didn't actually happen...
-Can't take screenshots (Halo 3 rendered screenshots in like 4K and made them 1080p). Xbox One Screenshots look like poop.
-Can't load up Campaign videos.

I don't understand why they can't improve these things, instead of downgrading them. You wouldn't even be able to share them, because there is no File Share yet. This is pretty sad...

They should just record it locally as they always did, and add an option in to download the server version. The server version is cool if you want to watch it without having a specific point of view, but it means that you can't ever go back and rewatch anything with precision (snipes/headshots etc).

Theater just keeps getting worse, did MCC ever get an option to even save movies? :/

Was part of the losing team in a warzone game last night which lost 1000-43

The other team were so damn good, coverage and communication was perfect.
Our team either ran straight at the nearest base on their own or tried to take out a boss when our core was vulnerable... Must be the lowest warzone score yet!

mo60

I'm on mission 14. Fighting the three wardens. 4 Focus turrets spawn when two are dead. Who thought this was a good idea???

I got ridiculous lucky on that warden battle on heroic difficulty and managed to beat it, but it took dozens of tries. There should be incineration cannon ammo somewhere in the area you are fighting the wardens in which should help take down the wardens. I used an incineration cannon to take out the first two wardens, but I don't remember what I did to take out the last one.

Glass

Can you actually get into the back of a scout warthog? I've never found the button prompt for it. And if not, whats the point of them?

Ramirez

Me, hysterically: "Someone grab the caster and shoot it into the fucking tower!!!!"

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/8800d62e-cca4-4264-9c7a-6fd50e959f13

Can you actually get into the back of a scout warthog? I've never found the button prompt for it. And if not, whats the point of them?

I see people drive them around on the first wave of Assault just being a jackass, but it actually causes the other team to be idiots and chase a Scout Hog while you mop them up. There's really no point to them.

Scout warthogs only seem useful for me for a HALO MMO.

rent Warthog for 15 minutes . 6000 RP
rent Scout Warthog for 15 minutes 1000 RP

and then isntances would allow wraiths and scorpions depending on which faction you were helping.

HTupolev

Halo 3 screenshots were unfortunately compressed to tiny jpegs, even if the source render was great.

Now that we've got a console with built-in png capture, Halo doesn't have screenshot mode. :/

it actually causes the other team to be idiots
That's pretty much their intended purpose.

Glass

Oof just lost an entire Warzone Assault on Apex 7 in 3 mins 5 seconds total. They used the exploit but at that speed I ain't even mad, that's some good REQ points to time spent ratio.

Fuchsdh

Scout warthogs only seem useful for me for a HALO MMO.

rent Warthog for 15 minutes . 6000 RP
rent Scout Warthog for 15 minutes 1000 RP

and then isntances would allow wraiths and scorpions depending on which faction you were helping.

Scout warthogs can actually wreck uncoordinated teams if you just go on a splatter frenzy. My vehicle-fu is weak tho so unless I'm trying to sprint across the map without wasting REQ energy I usually sell them off.

Trup1aya

They seem useless at first glance, but they cause quite a distraction for some reason... And an Assualt gunner in the passenger seat can do serious damage.

This only applies to the ONI variant ofcourse

Glass

They seem useless at first glance, but they cause quite a distraction for some reason... And an Assualt gunner in the passenger seat can do serious damage.

This only applies to the ONI variant ofcourse

Yeah they are great for whizzing past the team and having 5 guys turn and go after it, just would love it if you could have 3 guys in the back, get people from A to B really quickly, would really make for a fun team element.

I don't know how people buy bronze packs until they get all their unlocks, so many packs with nothing permanent in them, I can't bring myself to wasting any more points on em :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom