• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be the first 2 maps towards the 15(?) promised free maps. They never did say if the Forge maps were included in that count. Usually when they don't say... It's not good.

Yeah, that's the biggest disappointment about BTB for me -- how all the maps are created in Forge. They're all different enough, but that gametype sorely needs some original maps with original artwork.

i just dont really care about new maps until there are new gametypes to play on them...

Same. Snooze fest. Somebody wake me when we have 11-12 true, non-remix, non-forge, multiplayer maps with assault, 1flag, oddball, juggernaut and infection gametypes. Seriously 343i... more REQ junk... we dont need that... we could use the core gametypes back first and foremost.

Toa TAK

Banned
You know that if they add new game types they'll just be cycled for a weekend and then pulled. Lol

I'm surprised they didn't pull half of the playlists back in the day when they took over Reach.

Same. Snooze fest. Somebody wake me when we have 11-12 true, non-remix, non-forge, multiplayer maps with assault, 1flag, oddball, juggernaut and infection gametypes. Seriously 343i... more REQ junk... we dont need that... we could use the core gametypes back first and foremost.

Did you really play that stuff all that often in the older halo games?

I'm all for variety but I would much rather 343 focus on maps over fringe gametypes like juggernaut

I know infection was more mainstream but I would take a new map over it any day

Should say I'm dissapointed in 343's policy to call remixes and forge maps new maps - so I would much rather effort focused on actual new maps than game types.

Hell removing gametyles like breakout will make me happier than having more gametyles

I'm all for variety but I would much rather 343 focus on maps over fringe gametypes like juggernaut

I sure did... going back to H2. You'd be surprised how popular stuff like oddball, assault and 1 flag were. Jug was great but more of a custom game thing. We dont even have any of these in custom game options. Ugh. Such a brilliant set of bones Halo 5... yet there is no meat at all.

Trup1aya

Should say I'm dissapointed in 343's policy to call remixes and forge maps new maps - so I would much rather effort focused on actual new maps than game types.

Hell removing gametyles like breakout will make me happier than having more gametyles

Are you serious? Team Objective existed for a reason. yes CTF and Slayer are the most popular modes. But people loved jumping into objective playlists to break up the monotony.

Just allowing these gametypes to be played on existing maps would take major strides towards adding some much needed diversity AND it should be much easier and less time consuming than creating new maps.

There's no reason we shouldn't be expecting them to be doing both.

I sure did... going back to H2. You'd be surprised how popular stuff like oddball, assault and 1 flag were. Jug was great but more of a custom game thing. We dont even have any of these in custom game options. Ugh. Such a brilliant set of bones Halo 5... yet there is no meat at all.

Oddball assault and 1 flag are good but I guess it depends on prioritisation

I would want 343 to prioritise maps first

I just hope we aren't both be left sad as 343 must be tempted to prioritise req packs above all else

Strider

Yea it really can't be stated enough how we need more game types.

Remove slayer and breakout from team arena. Add oddball and KotH at least with assault and 1-flag too if possible.

E92 M3

I only just started playing Halo 5 MP last night. I'm not sure what REQ's are and how they work. Also, the controls feel awkward. It's OK until ADS and then it's really hard to aim. It's like the sensitivity is too high but adjusting that setting doesn't affect ADS sensitivity only movement. Is this normal and just the learning curve or is there something wrong here?

There are issues with aiming that they are working on.

Oddball assault and 1 flag are good but I guess it depends on prioritisation

I would want 343 to prioritise maps first

I just hope we aren't both be left sad as 343 must be tempted to prioritise req packs above all else

I too want more maps Arena maps. They've focused so heavily on the uber-casual front with Warzone and the whole Req point system... i really hate the whole thing. Previous Halo titles launched with 11-13 (i believe) unique, developer made maps and gametypes ranging from Slayer all the way through Griffball.

The "core" arena players are left out in the cold with H5 so far.

Herbs

Banned
Will there be a separate Forge thread once that launches? Just curious really as I look forward to playtesting GAF maps and such.

I only just started playing Halo 5 MP last night. I'm not sure what REQ's are and how they work. Also, the controls feel awkward. It's OK until ADS and then it's really hard to aim. It's like the sensitivity is too high but adjusting that setting doesn't affect ADS sensitivity only movement. Is this normal and just the learning curve or is there something wrong here?

Some controllers had issues but that was fixed in the last update AFAIK. It takes a while to get used to the aiming and it is very unforgiving if you try to use weapons outside of their effective range (when the reticle doesn't turn red any more) which often makes it a bit more apparent when using ADS.

There's an update on the way which will give more options for configuring the aiming but it's probably not going to make it any easier, just play the game and you'll get used to it after a while.

Strider

Yea I over aim a good bit when scoped in... I hope one of the controller options that launches this month allows us to have a different sensitivity for when we scope in as opposed to firing from the hip.

Would keep my sens at 4 like it is right now but lower it to 3 when zoomed in most likely.

mcrommert

Banned
As someone said on the last page...looks like they are guaranteeing some monthly content until june next year. Perhaps they might go to paid dlc after that? Would be fine either way. Because that is a shorter map rollout than is usual in a halo game

As someone said on the last page...looks like they are guaranteeing some monthly content until june next year. Perhaps they might go to paid dlc after that? Would be fine either way. Because that is a shorter map rollout than is usual in a halo game

I would be very surprised if they ever created paid DLC for this game. REQ packs are clearly raking in a lot of money, they wouldn't want to disincentivise people from buying them by breaking the "deal" of REQ packs in exchange for free content updates.

I imagine that date is there in case the population dies completely in order to avoid having to support a dead game past a certain date, but as long as people are playing and spending some money I assume they will keep creating content in some form or another.

mcrommert

Banned
I would be very surprised if they ever created paid DLC for this game. REQ packs are clearly raking in a lot of money, they wouldn't want to disincentivise people from buying them by breaking the "deal" of REQ packs in exchange for free content updates.

I imagine that date is there in case the population dies completely in order to avoid having to support a dead game past a certain date, but as long as people are playing and spending some money I assume they will keep creating content in some form or another.

Hopefully that is considered...if they make a lot of money on reqs they keep supporting

Regarding prioritizing maps versus gametypes... It's just kind of crazy to me that we're even debating how soon we need new gametypes instead of just, ya know, already having them at launch...

Before Halo 5 I would have never considered the idea of a Halo game lacking core gametypes. :\ It would be one thing if we were just waiting for them to show up matchmaking, but straight up not have half these modes at all is just absurd.

Toa TAK

Banned
Regarding prioritizing maps versus gametypes... It's just kind of crazy to me that we're even debating how soon we need new gametypes instead of just, ya know, already having them at launch...

Before Halo 5 I would have never considered the idea of a Halo game lacking core gametypes. : It would be one thing if we were just waiting for them to show up matchmaking, but straight up not have half these modes at all is just absurd.
No kidding. Talk about taking things for granted....

Haruko

There look to be three helmets that are dupes, but look new. The LOCUS helmet is new to 5, so is Mark IV. Are Wetwork and the one next to it new? Hard to remember if they're in 5 or they're just transplants from 4.

EDIT: Also, the little "new content every month" disclaimer says through June 2016. So presumably from then on our it's up to community sustain. Hopefully they provide the support needed so that works.

LOCUS and Wetwork are in the REQ collection already; i think they are already in (they are just Ultra Rare+ i believe)

Well the map count can exceed 18+, since they changed it on their GOLD announcement. I do forsee Forge maps being counted since they go in- art it up, place spawn points and whatever else.

10-5_h5-infographic-92640374178f47f5a83d11c4309540c0.jpg

still hurts that the warzone maps were a big lie.

Come on 343i, stop over-promising and under-delivering. Warzone has 3 maps ( RAID/ARC/MARCH) 6 different alterations. Dont count those alterations as maps, they are not remixes*. Placing walls and changing timers shouldn't count as another map when they have the same exact building/art placement as the three mentioned.

To think we're getting 6 more, well now i know to expect 3 actual maps and 3 alterations for warzone assault.

/rant

Caja 117

This remix maps are not really a problem for me takem they are like Truth and Regret, they are remix, but they feel like two different maps, IMO is like a difference between Zealot and Midship. Both Truth and Regret look and play like two totally different maps.

I still hope to see more Developer maps in the future and hopefully also some Koth or Oddball.

Magwik

Banned
Man, are the spawns in BTB getting progressively worse or something? I'm constantly spawning right next to the other team.
Also BR starts still need to go

This remix maps are not really a problem for me takem they are like Truth and Regret, they are remix, but they feel like two different maps, IMO is like a difference between Zealot and Midship. Both Truth and Regret look and play like two totally different maps.

I still hope to see more Developer maps in the future and hopefully also some Koth or Oddball.

They're all similar i dont care what anybody says... playing the remixes is nothing like playing a truly different map. Sure, they might have made a few tweaks and put something in / took something out... but it's the same 75% of the map. IT really just seems like a corporate calculated strategy to maximize profits while keeping costs to a minimum. And i cant fault them for that... they're a business just like any other and they're focusing their time on what is netting them the most profit... the utter shit Warzone and Req system.

JackHerer

The sustain plan is a bait and switch, it's how they are covering for releasing an unfinished game.

The game isn't missing features guys, it's just "sustain", it's for the fans, the population will be better because of it! Totally intentional!

I Really hope someone in a meeting didnt say .. "well we have this content ready to go for launch, but lets just take some of it out and release it over time. Maybe tweak it a little and make it a little better, if you can. We can move these items to our 'sustain' project that lasts until june 2016.How does that sound team?"

Team - "sure"

Fuchsdh

So in terms of playlists, what are people looking for as the ultimate rollout? The only stuff I really want is a social slayer list, an objective (ranked), and action sack (unranked). Then you've got the current BTB, Arena, TS, SWAT, and Breakout + Warzone lists, and then rotational list every week.

So in terms of playlists, what are people looking for as the ultimate rollout? The only stuff I really want is a social slayer list, an objective (ranked), and action sack (unranked). Then you've got the current BTB, Arena, TS, SWAT, and Breakout + Warzone lists, and then rotational list every week.

This sounds perfect to me. Rotational should be stuff like Griffball and Rocket Race.

Tawpgun

I'm fully setting expectations to no new gametypes this December....

It's been a highly requested thing and 343 has said nothing on it.

JackHerer

I'm fully setting expectations to no new gametypes this December....

It's been a highly requested thing and 343 has said nothing on it.

I think it's almost certain at this point. Maybe this update will include Grifball (couldn't care less) as I believe they said that would be one of the first to return but I definitely do not expect all the missing gametypes. They would have at least mentioned it by now with all the complaints going around. I'd be very happy to be proven wrong.

If they don't mention it in the next weekly the gametype dream will definitely be dead for this update.

I think it's almost certain at this point. Maybe this update will include Grifball (couldn't care less) as I believe they said that would be one of the first to return but I definitely do not expect all the missing gametypes. They would have at least mentioned it by now with all the complaints going around. I'd be very happy to be proven wrong.

If they don't mention it in the next weekly the gametype dream will definitely be dead for this update.

Grifball means Assault, so that's 2 :p

Trup1aya

Man launching forge w/o support for all the other game modes would be a slap in the face really. I've got my fingers crossed that they'll all be in for community and customs, even if they aren't added to an Arena playlist.

Karl2177

After browsing waypoint I realized some of the medals are bugged, at least on the website.

I'm missing some I know I've gotten and some are just off by huge amounts. Waypoint says I have just 4 total sniper kills for example....

What is your Gamertag?

MouldyK

This will be the first 2 maps towards the 15(?) promised free maps. They never did say if the Forge maps were included in that count. Usually when they don't say... It's not good.

Warzone Map counts as 2 Maps though cuz 343i gonna 343i...

They're all similar i dont care what anybody says... playing the remixes is nothing like playing a truly different map. Sure, they might have made a few tweaks and put something in / took something out... but it's the same 75% of the map. IT really just seems like a corporate calculated strategy to maximize profits while keeping costs to a minimum. And i cant fault them for that... they're a business just like any other and they're focusing their time on what is netting them the most profit... the utter shit Warzone and Req system.

Remix or not, how does offering more maps for free maximize profits?

maximrace

You know what I hate the most? The fucking skill ranks everywhere, they just take my enjoyment out of the game. It's just no fun when you play solo

You know what I hate the most? The fucking skill ranks everywhere, they just take my enjoyment out of the game. It's just no fun when you play solo

I'm with you. Warzone is basically all I ever play solo because it's more relaxed. Social playlists were always the only place I played in previous Halo games so they cannot come soon enough for Halo 5.

link1201

I'm not going to argue for less options but I have thoroughly enjoyed my ranked games for the most part. I'd go as far as wishing WZ was ranked.
Maybe they'll add in social in December. This weeks community update should be a good one.

Glass

I'd love it if there were emotes or some way of saying 'GG' Rocket League style without needing a mic. Some games are so much fun you just want to say 'Nice match' to your team without needing a mic. At the moment it's sort of all or nothing, either someone has a mic or no communication.

Going to stream for an hour maybe: twitch.tv/akai__

Message AkaiGAF if you want to join.

Sending you a message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom