• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
12348223_991557960887186_222068277_n.jpg

got this bad boy the other day at gamestop, didn't even know these existed o_O they even had a Locke variant

twas a good $30 spent

Trup1aya

Some new (old) gametypes would be a fantastic xmas present 343...

On another note, one of my employees just told me he passed up on an halo5 console as a gift for his son because of the always online policy... 2 years later and MS messaging is still haunting them.

Herbs

Banned
Some new (old) gametypes would be a fantastic xmas present 343...

On another note, one of my employees just told me he passed up on an halo5 console as a gift for his son because of the always online policy... 2 years later and MS messaging is still haunting them.

damn. harsh

I'm with you, man. Lack of modes? Ok, true, we need some oddball and KotH. But maps? C'mon, if you play Team Arena, you get 11 different maps and 4 different games modes.

That's not even counting Warzone, BTB, and the rest of Breakout maps. I just don't...

For Halo standards that is pretty bad in terms of modes

Fuchsdh

Well, I asked once if the Stand off remake would work on a 5 v 5 or 4 v 4 in Halo 5, IMO, I think it does. but I agree that there is a clear separation between Arena and BTB in this game, in some cases is good because I dont want to see myself playing a 4 v 4 in Valhalla, which I hated so much. while in the other hand Playing 8 v 8 slayer in Construct was so much fun .

I think it's sort of an overcorrection on 343's part. The majority of their DLC were large, BTB-esque maps that ended up in rotation in 4v4 and 5v5 situations too often (I loved Harvest. It was not a 4v4 map.)

Now they've put up firewalls between all of the game mode which has its benefits but also some downsides when it comes to variety.

Glass

One of the things I'm most excited about with Forge is seeing what other possibilities there are with Breakout, does it work on normal maps etc. I really hope they make some sort of forge playlist where you can play maps and modes that have gotten good ratings by the community, would keep things forever fresh and interesting.

GreyWind

Question about the HCS pack. Anyone know if people who unlocked the 343i employee AR skin are going to get them removed from the game?

Strider

Guy on my team starts 0-3 so just team shoots the rest of the game.

*sigh*

Give me a social playlist with friendly fire off asap

Strider

Don't be like this asshole

Dying on purpose all game and team shooting. I know turning off friendly fire in social playlists can only prevent one of these but this is a prime example for why I want FF to be off when the social playlists do come. If people wanna throw in social lists so be it but at least they can't completely fuck me over.

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

21 total damage
facepalm.gif

Strider

What's the point of this if he can't go below diamond 1?

My guess is once he started 0-3 and saw we were behind he gave up and just wanted the game over ASAP. Since he might get banned for quitting he just dies on purpose and tries to make his teammates die as well so it's over faster.

It's a shame people like this just ruin games. Increased rate of toxic behavior is typically why I avoid ranked modes in most games.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Don't be like this asshole

Dying on purpose all game and team shooting. I know turning off friendly fire in social playlists can only prevent one of these but this is a prime example for why I want FF to be off when the social playlists do come. If people wanna throw in social lists so be it but at least they can't completely fuck me over.

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

21 total damage
facepalm.gif

while players like that can certainly suck the fun out of the match, in my experience this is pretty rare. i've only ran into a tiny handful of players that betrayed on purpose or continually pinged teammates shields.and most of those either got booted, quit, or seemingly got tired of harassing others and stopped.

its a problem, but i'd DEFINITELY rather keep friendly fire ON in all modes

Ramirez

Yea, no thanks to FF off, that shit is garbage. No FF & grenade hitmarkers are the biggest problems when it comes to grenade spam. I really wish they'd get rid of the hit markers in Arena.

Strider

its a problem, but i'd DEFINITELY rather keep friendly fire ON in all modes

Agree to disagree then. All I know is I expect betrayals to be even more common in Social playlists where ranks arent on the line at all... teammates will be coming for those power weapons.

Obviously I'd never want it off for ranked games...

But this game is not friendly to people that queue solo at all right now. I think at the least they should give us FF off for social lists so I can avoid crap like that from randoms in arena in some playlists

JackHerer

Which part of Truth does the callout "car bubble" refer to? I know it obviously has something to do with carbine tower. Is it just another name for red and blue bend?

Glass

Having so much fun in BTB. When it works, and you have even enough teams, no quitters, people who can play the objectives well enough, it's so good. Sadly that's alot to ask for every single game, but when it all clicks, it's great.
Wouldn't say no to an AR start trial since the maps feel kind of claustrophobic sometimes, but all in all I'm having a grand ol time.

Karl2177

Servers were butt yesterday also. I'd be fine with an hour of downtime for some server maintenance or more commonly known as reboot.

Had some of my best games today in a party of 4 and went on some big win streaks. Probably my most successful time with H5 since launch. Went from Platinum 3 to 6 in slayer.

Trup1aya

Still No community update?They usually are out by now, right? It's after 3pm on the west coast... Close to quitting time, no?

Leyasu

Banned
Servers were butt yesterday also. I'd be fine with an hour of downtime for some server maintenance or more commonly known as reboot.
They are running on Microsoft's multi billion dollar azure network though. Honestly, I have only had 3 or 4 laggy games out of the 400+ plus that I have played. It's the latency that I experience more.

BraXzy

As a EU Xbox One owner, can I buy the digital code off amazon.com for this game and have it work fine on my eu system?

Pretty sure you would need to set up a US account and then download it through that, then log into the EU account. Don't quote me, look into it. It isn't as simple as region free codes I don't think?

Leyasu

Banned
As a EU Xbox One owner, can I buy the digital code off amazon.com for this game and have it work fine on my eu system?
I'm an EU Xbox owner. I bought mine from the U.S. marketplace. What I did was get a billing address from borderlinx, then I bought US store credit from play Asia.. I buy every game that way.

I am all digital this Gen.

Karl2177

They are running on Microsoft's multi billion dollar azure network though. Honestly, I have only had 3 or 4 laggy games out of the 400+ plus that I have played. It's the latency that I experience more.

Last night reqs and pgcrs weren't loading at all for my roommate and I. We would have to wait multiple games before any req points were deposited from matches.

For some reason the DMR and the Carbine feel so much tighter to me than the other precision weapons (not counting sniper weapons).

Can't quite put my finger on why....

Madness

Codes are universal I think, but Amazon.com would require you to have a US shipping address I think.

Only because I haven't read anywhere aside from currency that it's restricted to regions. I know people who redeem Australia codes in the US, redeem Canadian codes in UK etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom