• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an EU Xbox owner. I bought mine from the U.S. marketplace. What I did was get a billing address from borderlinx, then I bought US store credit from play Asia.. I buy every game that way.

I am all digital this Gen.

I have a us address I could use but I would be getting the code via amazon.com so it would be delivered that way :/

Leyasu

Banned
Yeah, its beautiful. I think a Pit remake would be pretty cool for Breakout canvas.
Man that would be incredible!!! And relatively simple I (armchair dev) imagine.

Please do this pronto 343.

@above. Play Asia e mail you the code instantly

They are running on Microsoft's multi billion dollar azure network though. Honestly, I have only had 3 or 4 laggy games out of the 400+ plus that I have played. It's the latency that I experience more.

I've had nothing but lag the past week - was fine up until then.

western Canada here.

BraXzy

It is worth to save 80000 req points?

Unless you desperately want the HCS skins, not really. You'd be much better off having 16 silver packs which would unlock 32 permanent items.

I have a us address I could use but I would be getting the code via amazon.com so it would be delivered that way :/

The US address is to register the US Xbox account. Amazon would probably email the code to you wouldn't they? If you are unsure, don't risk it. What kind of saving is it getting you?

Unless you desperately want the HCS skins, not really. You'd be much better off having 16 silver packs which would unlock 32 permanent items.

The US address is to register the US Xbox account. Amazon would probably email the code to you wouldn't they? If you are unsure, don't risk it. What kind of saving is it getting you?

But i think it's not even certain that you receive weapon skins?

Madness

As long as you get the code, you are good to go. I haven't read anywhere that codes are region locked aside from currency/ms points.

So amazon.com just needs a US address I think for digital services. Otherwise there should be no issues on your end once you are sent the code.

BraXzy

But i think it's not even certain that you receive weapon skins?

Your first purchase gets you the HCS armour, helmet (which I think look terribad) as well as the three weapon skins which are decent. You can then rebuy the pack, which then gets you 5 random customisation REQs at rare or higher rarity.

Your first purchase gets you the HCS armour, helmet (which I think look terribad) as well as the three weapon skins which are decent. You can then rebuy the pack, which then gets you 5 random customisation REQs at rare or higher rarity.

I need to check the skins.. So everyone gets the same on the first pack?

Madness

you can get 5 rare or higher after you get the HCS tho

But if you think about it, wouldn't 8 gold packs or even 16 silver packs serve you better in the long run? I mean yeah 5 guaranteed rare skins/armor is solid, but I don't know.

I wonder if anyone has found a way to cheese REQ points yet. To get one HCS pack, I have to play more Warzone in 3 days, than I've played all launch month. Just not doable for me.

Tawpgun

If they wanna do the weekend event they can. Make it double XP, increased RP or something in the weekend.

But keep the playlist running the whole week. I barely got to play any of the weekend playlists.

Strider

THe HCS pack is definitely not worth 80k points. Buy it with cash if you want it otherwise just stick with the the standard packs.

Glass

I'm not that surprised... But I am disappointed...

http://imgur.com/yX4q5yF

new Warzone map is reusing assets.

Yeah I dont see why they can't make the bases look like the maps their on. A huge amount of the fighting is done in those garage's and bases. Bet thats half the reason people are crying out for more Warzone maps, because most of the time your fighting in a room/building which is in most maps, making it seem way more repetitive.

Trup1aya

Damn. Getting late over there at 343... Surely the community update will drop any minute now... I hope...

Beginning to think it ain't coming.

I'm not that surprised... But I am disappointed...

http://imgur.com/yX4q5yF

new Warzone map is reusing assets.

Is that the garage? The first 3 WZ maps at least had unique central locations.

With all the reused assets, I can't help but wonder why their are so few maps in this game.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
My inbox blew up slightly while I was sleeping :3

5fec8b8bf7c297cc5c009acca5efc498.png

You've beaten my top by a mile.

Y2IY4d8.png

BraXzy

You've beaten my top by a mile.

Y2IY4d8.png

Damn son I remember seeing that on the front page.

While we are all waiting folks, I recommend you try the free game that just got put on Steam from the Stanley Parable dev. Pretty random but interesting little 15 minute game.. Then maybe the community update will be out.. right?

Trup1aya

Same :/

Maybe tashi was just misinformed. Who knows. They usually come much earlier in the day than this tho

What's killing me is that there's no correction. There's no "hey guys community update has been delayed".. Just radio silence.

It's maddening... I feel like I'm forming a love hate relationship with 343i over this game

Ramirez

What's killing me is that there's no correction. There's no "hey guys community update has been delayed".. Just radio silence.

It's maddening... I feel like I'm forming a love hate relationship with 343i over this game

It's just a CU, damn, lol.

Noobcraft

18000 Req points so far... 80000 is going to take a while. Anybody down for some Warzone Assault with me? It seems like it's pretty good for points.

Halo 5: Guardians(TM) is re-using Expansive Free In-Game Asssets(R)? In a mode whose core tenets of Visceral Hyper-Spartan Gameplay(CR) revolves around various structures requiring capture, all of which were evaluated prior to launch so as to be distributed across multiple maps whilst retaining Optimal Combat Flow(ASPCA), and by extension of which is being done as a means of propagating distribution of Free New Content(SNM), all of which has been carefully orchestrated as a means of Providing a Solid Core Base Game at Launch While Still Allowing For Fresh Content Updates In The Future(MTV)? Shocking!

Strider

I mean it's not that serious lol I'll get over it if it doesn't drop... And perhaps it's still coming. Wouldn't surprise me if people worked late over at 343... We'll see.

How do you get access to that HCS pack? I only see gold, silver and bronze.

Are you looking on waypoint or in-game?. It shows up in the end game store to the left of the gold packs for me. I've no idea if it's available through waypoint though.

Trup1aya

It's just a CU, damn, lol.
I mean it's not that serious lol I'll get over it if it doesn't drop... And perhaps it's still coming. Wouldn't surprise me if people worked late over at 343... We'll see

No it's not just the CU, it's everything. I love so much about the game, but I hate so much about how they are handling it, particularly their communication.

Trup1aya said:
Me too. But I'm expecting nebulous info, a lack of concrete dates, comments that leave more questions than answers and of course, a promise of more info 'in the coming weeks'.

Learning to keep my expectations low when it comes to getting information from these guys. Hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

My prediction about how they would handle the December content reveal is ringing too true. We have no dates and tons of questions about what we're getting. They were more concrete than expected regarding when we would get more info (today), but have seemingly missed that target... They suck at deciminating information, period.

I mean we have no clue if they are even interested in bringing back classic gametypes that are missing... The game has been out for over month and doesn't have oddball... Will it ever? Who knows. It's insane.

They've been annoying misleading or silent regarding just about every current critism of the game.

Hopefully they tell all in the next few hours and make me look like a lunatic, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Granadier

Damn son I remember seeing that on the front page.

While we are all waiting folks, I recommend you try the free game that just got put on Steam from the Stanley Parable dev. Pretty random but interesting little 15 minute game.. Then maybe the community update will be out.. right?

That gif used an insane amount of bandwidth. Props to imgur and their infrastructure.

CgdERA9.png

Granadier

Holy shit snacks. That's impressive as hell.. And that's just one (admitted super popular) GIF.

Yep. They handle that shit on the daily x20 I bet.

edit: hahaha, a stat from 3 years ago said they handled 4.10 PB of data per month, or 4,100 TB.
edit2: looks like they actually offload everything to the AWS cloud rather than managing it themselves.

Strider

No it's not just the CU, it's everything. I love so much about the game, but I hate so much about how they are handling it, particularly their communication. .

Serious question. What other games are you playing where the devs are communicating more than 343 does?

IMO between the CUs, streams, reddit posts, Twitter updates, and even Tashi's and stinkles posts here Imo they do a damn good job keeping the community up to date. Their info shits all over Deej's and the info bungie provides us Destiny fans for example.

Go read a Deej blog post and just roll your eyes while he dances around Faqs by just saying "we're working on stuff. Keep talking" and makes snarky jokes for no reason. Bravos updates are a breathe of fresh air to me because at least I feel like I get worthwhile info out of them.

JackHerer

So I'd only played two matches in snipers and the following three there is a champion on both teams. Why is an unranked player having to compete with champion level players? Seems like an odd decision.

Damn Mark IV looks awesome, I can't wait to never pull it in a REQ pack. I hope they add challenges or direct purchases with REQ points later, all of this new stuff is kind of pointless if you don't pay for REQ packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom