• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronWarrior

Neo Member
Thought about trying H5 again, decided to get the 1 month gold trial, it didn't accept my payment, talking to MS rep about it...

CinxrMF.png

:O

Trup1aya

Serious question. What other games are you playing where the devs are communicating more than 343 does?

IMO between the CUs, streams, reddit posts, Twitter updates, and even Tashi's and stinkles posts here Imo they do a damn good job keeping the community up to date. Their info shits all over Deej's and the info bungie provides us Destiny fans for example.

Go read a Deej blog post and just roll your eyes while he dances around Faqs by just saying "we're working on stuff. Keep talking" and makes snarky jokes for no reason. Bravos updates are a breathe of fresh air to me.

To answer your question. I'm not playing any other games.

You make a good point. But generally I don't desire as much communications with other devs because the games I buy usually ship with an adequate amount of content.

I really just wanna know when/if the content we all expect will ever come. I don't think that's asking a lot. Also much of 343i's communication boils down to: we hear you, we're doing stuff, will be doing so for some undisclosed amount of time, and we'll give you details later. It's really not informative.

singhr1

343 fix your bad spawns. Me and 2 other players spawned in a fucking object and we couldn't kill ourselves. 5 fucking minutes twiddling our thumbs.

http://xboxclips.com/Welfare+Queen+I/87867cb7-b0c1-4d9a-95da-bc7445f6eca1

Free 1,300 REQ tho

It's the buddy spawn system that's buggy. There's video of people spawning inside the rocks too.

That's a good point. But I don't desire as much communications with other devs because the the games usually ship with an adequate amount of content.

I really just wanna know when/if the content we all expect will ever come. I don't think that's asking a lot. Also much of 343i's communication boils down to: we hear you, we're doing stuff, will be doing so for some undisclosed amount of time, and we'll give you details later. It's really not informative.

It's probably because they don't know either. They've told everyone over and over its "monthly". We just got the BTB update like 2 weeks ago. We got the HCS skins just now. The dev process isn't super streamlined when you're trying to push out so much different content. Forge, Warzone map, Arena map, 2 forged BTB maps, new REQs including new weapons and skins. That's all on top of bug fixes for things like Warzone Assault, Basin spawn, UI fixes, etc. Then there's obviously going through cert for a few days. Everyone here is hungry for more content, obviously, but complaining about communication is just off

Strider

That's a good point. But I don't desire as much communications with other devs because the the games usually ship with an adequate amount of content.

Well I'm with you on the lack of content and wanting more. It's why I'm anxious for the update too. I just don't think lack of communication on their end is really an issue overall.

BraXzy

No way is the creator of Stanley Parable working with the co-creator of Rick and Morty on a VR game :O

Recognised the voice straight away in this little free demo thing, Google'd it and saw that.

Also, gief update pl0x.

Decided to get off of Counter-Strike in order to get enough REQ points to purchase the HCS pack.

80,000 REQ points? Damn.

gonna take like 50 War Zone matches... Here comes the grind.

Can I get the HCS stuff from the regular gold packs? Almost rather open 8 gold packs and hope for the best.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Bought hcs, equipped the armor, emblem and skins (fuck that ugly ass helmet) then proceeded to have one of the worst matches ever as I kept getting confused what team I was on and which color to shoot at. Seriously, being on blue team but seeing the red hcs coloration on my gloves from first person kept screwing me up, turning me backwards. Over and over again. I'm such a noob sometimes.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Decided to get off of Counter-Strike in order to get enough REQ points to purchase the HCS pack.

80,000 REQ points? Damn.

gonna take like 50 War Zone matches... Here comes the grind.

Can I get the HCS stuff from the regular gold packs? Almost rather open 8 gold packs and hope for the best.

Just buy it dude. $10.

Trup1aya

Well I'm with you on the lack of content and wanting more. It's why I'm anxious for the update too. I just don't think lack of communication on their end is really an issue overall.

I feel like they talk a lot. But it's mostly fluff... I'd rather have clear, consise, useful and accurate communication than to simply have frequent communication.

My issue isn't a lack of communication. It's a lack of effective communication. They need to learn the virtues of over delivering

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
It's the buddy spawn system that's buggy. There's video of people spawning inside the rocks too.

It's probably because they don't know either. They've told everyone over and over its "monthly". We just got the BTB update like 2 weeks ago. We got the HCS skins just now. The dev process isn't super streamlined when you're trying to push out so much different content. Forge, Warzone map, Arena map, 2 forged BTB maps, new REQs including new weapons and skins. That's all on top of bug fixes for things like Warzone Assault, Basin spawn, UI fixes, etc. Then there's obviously going through cert for a few days. Everyone here is hungry for more content, obviously, but complaining about communication is just off

Actually we are vague because the cert process can expose unpredictable problems and we don't want to commit and then have it miss by a few days.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Actually we are vague because the cert process can expose unpredictable problems and we don't want to commit and then have it miss by a few days.

Is it better or worse than Apple's iOS cert process?

Glass

Finally got to 80k... and now thinking about all the normal packs I could buy with that, I think I might just purchase the HCS pack.

Trup1aya

Hey, I'm certainly not envious of their jobs, but I think I have every right to be critical of the communication. There was one point in time when we were all expecting 21 maps at launch EXCLUDING forge maps... 6 of which were to be Warzone maps. We all know how that turned out.

As long time halo fans, we all expected classic modes like oddball, and KotH to be in game. 1+ month later we still don't have them, and also have no clue if there is any intention of ever including them.

We were told that Req money would fun 18+ free DLC maps through June. We'll soon receive our 6th DLC map, made in Forge, by community members. Do those count as Req funded maps, because they shouldn't... Forge maps have always been free. No word on the matter from 343.

Will we ever get BTB maps made with dev tools? Who knows...

So, I'm just not happy with the way info is handed down...I don't think I'm the only one.

Madness

I know ivy, I know.. We'll never know the answers to Halo's most puzzling questions.

Isn't this December update that brings your CE pistol to Warzone? Pretty sure they were working on it same time as the SPNKr.

What I want to know is whether Warzone weapons will eventually make their way to Arena/Customs. A lot of these weapons exist in campaign and Warzone, so there should be no real reason it wouldn't exist in Arena.

Strider

I just want everyone to know if I can't bet req points on HCS matches then I will be disappointed.

They said Valve inspired them on how to handle post launch support. Well gambling is basically why CS:GO is so popular now lol

Might not be here for over an hour D:

Bravo tweeted half an hour ago that he is typing it up...

Ah good. At least it's coming :)

Isn't this December update that brings your CE pistol to Warzone? Pretty sure they were working on it same time as the SPNKr.

What I want to know is whether Warzone weapons will eventually make their way to Arena/Customs. A lot of these weapons exist in campaign and Warzone, so there should be no real reason it wouldn't exist in Arena.
As loadouts:
  • Pistol with Silencer
  • Pistol with different scopes
  • Pistol with energy bullets
  • Grenades that explode into Pistols
  • Pistols that shoot in 3-round bursts and other alt. fire modes
What do?

There is no conceivable way grinding 80k REQ is worth $10 of my time.

The unfortunate part is that I give no shits about the Halo Tourney skins, I just want the next pack and the pack after that for the rare items...

Just played a 20 minute match of Warzone and the game didn't give me any REQ points because it couldn't find my stats or something. Hope this gets fixed.

Just played a 20 minute match of Warzone and the game didn't give me any REQ points because it couldn't find my stats or something. Hope this gets fixed.

You will get your req points even if the stats don't load, it usually gives the req points soon after the intermission timer runs out.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

It does, give it time. Generally when that happens I quit to menu, open the req screen and don't see my points, close it and re-enter and there they are.

Glass

Started spending my 80k, off to a bad start with a bunch of common unlocks from silver packs, redeemed when I got my first Noble helm. From now on its a toss up between the Mark IV and that. The older look armours can't be beat.

BraXzy

How would that even happen? I thought they were strictly limited to employees.

They are supposed to be but for some reason they are (or were) in the loot pool for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0LdlVxzK8s

Started spending my 80k, off to a bad start with a bunch of common unlocks from silver packs, redeemed when I got my first Noble helm. From now on its a toss up between the Mark IV and that. The older look armours can't be beat.

Buy 5-10 Bronze packs to make your Silvers more worthwhile perhaps.

BraXzy

Interesting early concept for the Req packs. This was used to pitch the initial idea, I like the idea of themed crates rather than just generic card packs... But this concept at least is super dull compared to what we have now. It's a lot more bright and shiny and fun to open what we currently have which is obviously more enticing etc etc.

BraXzy

Community update is finally up!!

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/cartographer-s-gift-sneak-peek

File Share Confirmed

At launch, Forge will support a basic implementation of File Browser, which will allow you to bookmark, play, and share maps and modes created by players on your active roster. This doesn’t require a “mutual” friendship, but only that you follow the player you want to grab a map from. From the player details page, you’ll be able to view a player’s files and their bookmarks. To grab a map or mode, simply bookmark the file, and it’ll be ready to play in custom games or open up in Forge.

Live Community Update Stream next week

But, there’s plenty more Forge ahead. On next week’s Halo Livestream community update (in case you’re skimming, it’s Friday, 12/11 at 3 PM PDT on Halo Channel & Twitch.tv/Halo), we’ll be talking with the Forge team, showing off new features, and also taking your community questions. Be sure to join us!

Update releasing week of Dec 15 along with Seasons

The January 2016 Season will begin with the Cartographer’s Gift update (set to drop the week of December 15) and end on January 31, which will make the first season a little over a month long. Moving forward, we’re going to keep an eye on feedback regarding season length.

SOCIAL PLAYLISTS finally.

Additionally, social playlists - one of which will be Big Team Battle - will arrive with this next update. Limited join-in-progress windows will be turned back on to allow for full matches of vehicular mayhem at (nearly) all times, and as a note, all social playlists will feature appropriate join-in-progress windows.

FFA 6 Player Count

Over the past month, the multiplayer team has been playtesting tons of FFA in order to get the experience just right, and come the Cartographer’s Gift update and the January 2016 Season, Halo 5 FFA will be moving to 6 players.

Cranster

Banned
There’s more to come in the December update (join us next Friday to see some of it in action) and lots more happening here across the entire studio. The Warzone team is currently running final tests on updates to Warzone level progression, the multiplayer team is hammering on new playlists and modes,
Please be the missing gametypes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom