• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried to stay positive on the subject. But losing the overwhelming vast majority of the time and being locked down on maps because of team work really gets to you when it happens every single time you try to play 4v4.

Yeah playing solo when natchmaking forces randoms to match teams is ridiculous and just shouldn't be a thing.

If you see me on throw an invite - spotted you guys on a few days ago but was just heading off which is a shame

link1201

I've tried to stay positive on the subject. But losing the overwhelming vast majority of the time and being locked down on maps because of team work really gets to you when it happens every single time you try to play 4v4.
I can imagine. Hopefully they reveal more Friday on the subject. Some ranks will reset so that will help you I think for awhile at least. I play almost always solo too and wouldn't mind a lone wolves style 4v4 ranked playlist.

Edit: Making the team arena playlist open for teams and limiting the team slayer playlist to two in a party might be the sweet spot, idk.

In any event hopefully we get some meaty adjustments in December.

Tawpgun

I don't know if their MM algorithm takes actual trueskill MMR into account versus placed rank.

But if we're gonna get rank resets and the system is primarily MMR based, it won't matter right?

Because I'm kinda with Ram right now. I love this game but last time I got on to play Slayer/Arena I got dumped on 4 games in a row and just loaded up Battlefront.

Akai__

So, my Xbox One controller has the drifting stick disease on the Left Stick. If I stay still and don't do anything it will automatically walk forward, which is pretty annoying in every game with precision movement. Just checked with the "joy.cpl" file on PC and it's showing the drifting clearly.

I heard it's a software issue in most cases, but I'll attempt to open and clean it anyways. I also don't understand why this is an issue with these controllers. I went through 6 Xbox 360 controllers, because of this. Don't want to buy 6 Xbox One controllers... Wish me luck. lol

Ehh will link it later. must be 4 germans playing on 19th december on 14 o'clock., and yep 4vs4

EDIT: got it: http://play.eslgaming.com/halo/europe/halo5guardians-one/major/hwc/hwc-2016-qualifier-cup-germany/

I'll be too busy to participate. If it wasn't Christmas time, I probably would try to play with you. Sorry mate.

link1201

So, my Xbox One controller has the drifting stick disease on the Left Stick. If I stay still and don't do anything it will automatically walk forward, which is pretty annoying in every game with precision movement. Just checked with the "joy.cpl" file on PC and it's showing the drifting clearly.

I heard it's a software issue in most cases, but I'll attempt to open and clean it anyways. I also don't understand why this is an issue with these controllers. I went through 6 Xbox 360 controllers, because of this. Don't want to buy 6 Xbox One controllers... Wish me luck. lol
Are you a preview member?

Welfare

I have this problem on one of my controllers but it's the right stick so I'm constantly looking up.

Good thing I bought an extra one of these at launch that wasn't used much. I tried to adapt but it's so annoying.

Akai__

Are you a preview member?

Yeah. Is that a known issue?

I have this problem on one of my controllers but it's the right stick so I'm constantly looking up.

Good thing I bought an extra one of these at launch that wasn't used much. I tried to adapt but it's so annoying.

That would probably be even more annoying in Halo. I'm already falling off ledges because of it. lol

IHaveIce

Banned

I'll be too busy to participate. If it wasn't Christmas time, I probably would try to play with you. Sorry mate.

Ah sucks, don't worry would have been fun :)

Herbs

Banned
Void's tear is one of those REQs I am just completely unwilling to call in because I feel like I'll instantly die :p

haha, that feels. Yeah. The other one I worry about is the The Answer. That thing tears shit up and has a lot of ammo so it's like duck and run with it to use it to its full potential/

link1201

Yeah. Is that a known issue?
Not that I know of but they have given me two new controllers each time I have had this issue. I just went to chat with cs and tell them the problem and say I'm on preview program. I get a new controller in a week or so. Last time I did this was a month ago.

JackHerer

I don't know if their MM algorithm takes actual trueskill MMR into account versus placed rank.

But if we're gonna get rank resets and the system is primarily MMR based, it won't matter right?

Because I'm kinda with Ram right now. I love this game but last time I got on to play Slayer/Arena I got dumped on 4 games in a row and just loaded up Battlefront.

I'm Onyx in most playlists and my experience has been pretty similar. I've been playing a lot less 4v4 lately. It's just not fun to be at such a disadvantage. It really kills that "just one more" feeling that Halo should give. Instead it often makes me want to shut my Xbox off and do something else.

I've been playing a lot of Warzone (which I don't even like that much) and BTB (still diamond) which has its own matchmaking problems. Waiting for social at this point since I assume this issue will be a lot less pronounced in those playlists.

Akai__

Not that I know of but they have given me two new controllers each time I have had this issue. I just went to chat with cs and tell them the problem and say I'm on preview program. I get a new controller in a week or so. Last time I did this was a month ago.

Thanks for letting me know. That's pretty good.

IHaveIce

Banned
Spo I guess I just wanted to get something off my chest, I really love the gameplay of this game, eventhough gametypes and maps are lacking I love the gameplay.

BUT
I'm still puzzled by 343's support group and their networking with the servers.

I made a thread about a problem I had :
My GAf Thread This problem is still there, I'm still getting disconnected from games very often without losing internet for real, without lags beforehand.

Nobody could help me, others showed up and said they have the same problem.. we don't have anything in common networking wise... so no settings issue on my side.
Turns out there is a 34 page long thread on Halo Waypoint in the support area with people with the same problem TO THIS DAY!!:Waypoint Thread

David Ellis was so nice to PM me, he forwarded my issue and info to the support team, David is a nice guy.

But the support team neither did make a visit in the Waypoint thread, nor did 343 adress this problem officially in an update.

I am really lost for words I can only finish like 35% of the games I start,

FFA down to 6? Social playlists? Warzone Assault glitch getting fixed? Fileshare?

It's been a busy weekend, so I'm late, but there's a fair amount of changes here, I'm hyped. Now, hopefully some of those additional REQ UI changes include a sell-all/sell-some option!

I just want snipers and doubles to be permanent playlists already.

Snipers was a ton of fun this weekend. Felt good playing it again.

I do wish they had gametype variants within that playlist, though. Like one gametype where you spawn with beam rifles, maybe one with binary rifles. Would help round out the old commendation chest too.

Welfare

Something needs to be done about leavers, because it seems like an automatic loss if someone leaves at point in a game.

If they try to leave via the Leave Game option, make them fill out a form on why they are quitting. That'll discourage them.

If they quit by some other means after attempting to leave through the form, ban 'em.

Maybe that JiP window will be added in Arena in the future.
Like the first 30 seconds or some small window like that.

I wonder how it will play out in BTB. Probably have that window from the beginning of the match till the last 2minutes. Maybe had a parameter if the winning team is less than 5 kills from winning, the window is closed.

hopefully the social playlists has 4+

Social BTB
Social BTB Slayer
Social Objective
Social Slayer

i doubt they will have a lot of playlists due to population concerns.

Maybe that JiP window will be added in Arena in the future.
Like the first 30 seconds or some small window like that.

I wonder how it will play out in BTB. Probably have that window from the beginning of the match till the last 2minutes. Maybe had a parameter if the winning team is less than 5 kills from winning, the window is closed.

hopefully the social playlists has 4+

Social BTB
Social BTB Slayer
Social Objective
Social Slayer

i doubt they will have a lot of playlists due to population concerns.

What do these "social" playlists offer that normal BTB, Slayer and Objective (if there was one) don't? Are you just looking for versions of each that just don't affect your rank?

What do these "social" playlists offer that normal BTB, Slayer and Objective (if there was one) don't? Are you just looking for versions of each that just don't affect your rank?

I used to think it was unnecessary, but I've come to realize that people need playlists that don't require a serious level of play for every game. Something you can just hop into with your friends and have a good time and not worry about deranking, etc.

I realize that part of the issue is in the mind, you could just not care about your ranks, but at the same time, having to come home after a long day and put on your MLG gloves for every game can drain you.

Strider

Multiple BTB playlists is unnecessary.... Just... why lol

Slayer (ranked)
Slayer (social)
Team Arena/Objective (ranked)
Team Arena/Objective (social)
Breakout (ranked)
Free-For-All (Ranked)
Big Team Battle (Social)
Swat (ranked)
Doubles (Ranked)
Action Sack (Social)

Off the top of my head but something like that is what we need IMO. That's 10 playlists. Enough to keep a variety but not so much that the playerbase is spread thin as hell.

I know that more options is typically a good thing but eeehhh too many playlists isn't necessarily a good thing when you factor in skill based and regional MM. 343 just needs to make sure every base is covered and every type of player has playlists they enjoy.

Edit: Oh yea maybe a solo playlist too. You could potentially take out Social Slayer and just have the Social Arena playlist include all gametypes and put in a social queue playlist in Social Slayers place.

Leyasu

Banned
For me. Social would let us choose where we matchmake because no ranks, with jip and are hopefully more of a laidback experience. I wonder if they will stop you earning req points in social??

Hey, I unlocked a rare "Projection" SMG last night and I can use it at the same REQ level as the regular SMG. Is there any difference between the two besides the scope?

Strider

I kinda hope the mm is the same as it is now and they just hide your rank.

Yea. It wouldn't be a horrible solution... But the problem where friends of significantly different skill levels would still remain. I've partied up with people that are both way better than me and way worse than me and neither is a good time :/

You either get donged on or your forced to carry while your friend gets donged on. Not ideal.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Spo I guess I just wanted to get something off my chest, I really love the gameplay of this game, eventhough gametypes and maps are lacking I love the gameplay.

BUT
I'm still puzzled by 343's support group and their networking with the servers.

I made a thread about a problem I had :
My GAf Thread This problem is still there, I'm still getting disconnected from games very often without losing internet for real, without lags beforehand.

Nobody could help me, others showed up and said they have the same problem.. we don't have anything in common networking wise... so no settings issue on my side.
Turns out there is a 34 page long thread on Halo Waypoint in the support area with people with the same problem TO THIS DAY!!:Waypoint Thread

David Ellis was so nice to PM me, he forwarded my issue and info to the support team, David is a nice guy.

But the support team neither did make a visit in the Waypoint thread, nor did 343 adress this problem officially in an update.

I am really lost for words I can only finish like 35% of the games I start,

Hey Ice, apologies for the frustration. We are still actively investigating a solution. It's a very complex problem and many cases we run into are different, while some are oddly similar. Top folks are on it.

Sai

Hey, I unlocked a rare "Projection" SMG last night and I can use it at the same REQ level as the regular SMG. Is there any difference between the two besides the scope?
Don't think so, just the scope/iron sights, or lack there-of. The Projection SMGs' Smart-Link is like the default AR's.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hey Ice, apologies for the frustration. We are still actively investigating a solution. It's a very complex problem and many cases we run into are different, while some are oddly similar. Top folks are on it.

oEkKlJt.gif

replace men with folks/people

link1201

Yea. It wouldn't be a horrible solution... But the problem where friends of significantly different skill levels would still remain. I've partied up with people that are both way better than me and way worse than me and neither is a good time :/

You either get donged on or your forced to carry while your friend gets donged on. Not ideal.
You may get that randomly though. Playing in ranked in Halo 5 has been a great experience for me. (middle of Bell curve) I don't care about rank per se but the matches that I have had on the whole are a lot better than in past games. I hate games of 20 something to 50. I feel like I'm going through the motions on either side of that. Halo 5 has produced a lot of close matches for me.

Tldr: I don't care if ranks are shown or not but I really like the mm experience so far in Halo 5.

Well some people just want to play Slayer, on every map possible.
Some people just want to play objective based games w/o worrying about kill counts to win.

So that's why i put both.. like how previous halo's had them.

For me i care way less about the outcome when it's strongholds or ctf. It's just a bit easier to get some target practice for me since i know where a majority of the opposing team will be or are headed to.

/shurg

Why wouldnt you get req from playing social? That doesnt make any sense. Of course you will

How many things has 343i done that made sense? How many that didnt?

I could also use the Warzone population card too. business first right? or wrong? you tell me

IHaveIce

Banned

I really appreciate your response tashi, you are good people.

Just want to be able to play :'(

Strider

I could also use the Warzone population card too. business first right? or wrong? you tell me

They are far from perfect and of course they've made some bad choices but to act like most of their decisions are completely illogical is just silly.

To just assume the worst outcome given all the improvements in the pipeline already... I dont even...

Multiple BTB playlists is unnecessary.... Just... why lol

Slayer (ranked)
Slayer (social)
Team Arena/Objective (ranked)
Team Arena/Objective (social)

Breakout (ranked)
Free-For-All (Ranked)
Big Team Battle (Social)
Swat (ranked)
Doubles (Ranked)
Action Sack (Social)

Off the top of my head but something like that is what we need IMO. That's 10 playlists. Enough to keep a variety but not so much that the playerbase is spread thin as hell.

I know that more options is typically a good thing but eeehhh too many playlists isn't necessarily a good thing when you factor in skill based and regional MM. 343 just needs to make sure every base is covered and every type of player has playlists they enjoy.

Edit: Oh yea maybe a solo playlist too. You could potentially take out Social Slayer and just have the Social Arena playlist include all gametypes and put in a social queue playlist in Social Slayers place.

cant say id want these right now with so little gametypes to choose from. ranked slayer, and 2 team arena playlists, ranked and unranked, seem to be the more until we get some variety

Strider

cant say id want these right now with so little gametypes to choose from. ranked slayer, and 2 team arena playlists, ranked and unranked, seem to be the more until we get some variety

Well yea of course. Working under the assumption more gametypes get added in soon as well (hopefully the January update bc unless they pull a shocker it's not coming this month)

The Action Sack playlist alone depends on that. This is just what I'd hope to see over time.

Glass

Can't wait for social BTB. As fun as it is getting ranked, there's plenty of other playlists to do that in. As I'm getting higher in BTB, I'm no longer even looking at the rocket hogs because I can see the enemy getting an easy two kills, but gunning it around a map and blowing up in glorious fashion with another person crazy enough to get into the warthog with you is exactly what BTB is all about.

Well some people just want to play Slayer, on every map possible.
Some people just want to play objective based games w/o worrying about kill counts to win.

So that's why i put both.. like how previous halo's had them.

For me i care way less about the outcome when it's strongholds or ctf. It's just a bit easier to get some target practice for me since i know where a majority of the opposing team will be or are headed to.

/shurg

Makes sense to me. I can see how some would wan't ranked and non-ranked. I personally leave my rank up to the gods as i do with every type of game that has ranking and never think/care about it or any stats or ratios... other than my personal fun/enjoyment ratio lol. Though i know i'm in the minority here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom