• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he's a scrub with the pistol??

j2xURIU.png

Glass

How do you follow someone on XBL? Looked at a few profiles and all I see are options to add as friend, but I thought the whole point of following was that you could follow updates without friending someone?

How do you follow someone on XBL? Looked at a few profiles and all I see are options to add as friend, but I thought the whole point of following was that you could follow updates without friending someone?

Friending is following, they don't have to accept or follow back.

Just finished playing BTB Slayer on Guillotine with my brother and my cousin in my party. I somehow nabbed the banshee at spawn, and proceeded to start off the match with a Rampage, giving my team a pretty steady 20 point lead. Should have won easily.

Except, my brother and cousin both suck, and only got 5 kills between both of them.

We blew the game in the last minute and lost 97-100. I just about unplugged my Xbox and cried.

Anyone else got friends/family they love to play with, but can't shoot the broad side of Scorpion from a foot away?

wwm0nkey

Just finished playing BTB Slayer on Guillotine with my brother and my cousin in my party. I somehow nabbed the banshee at spawn, and proceeded to start off the match with a Rampage, giving my team a pretty steady 20 point lead. Should have won easily.

Except, my brother and cousin both suck, and only got 5 kills between both of them.

We blew the game in the last minute and lost 97-100. I just about unplugged my Xbox and cried.

Anyone else got friends/family they love to play with, but can't shoot the broad side of Scorpion from a foot away?
My friend is blind and can only see shapes and colors so it takes him awhile to adjust to a game. He has been getting better though!

My friend is blind and can only see shapes and colors so it takes him awhile to adjust to a game. He has been getting better though!

My brother has no such excuse. I mean, I can usually carry a team, but it's harder in H5 BTB than previous games (probably because of smaller maps, crazy spawns).

I've put him on a strict regimen of Breakout and SWAT so he can get his fundamentals together.

Trup1aya

Just

1. Competitive Halo in MLG and so on has pretty much always been BR.
2. All the other playlists will still be AR/Pistol.
3. BR and AR have never been closer balanced and now is a great time to have them as starts.
4. The Battle Rifle!
itsamiracle.jpg

All your ideas sound great except for BR starts.

All of the competitive players value skill gap, and the pistol starts reward skill more than BR starts. I've heard nothing but praise for pistol starts from pro players thus far. Pistol is the weapon that requires the most skill to use.

I shutter to think how competitor matches would play out on these 4v4 maps ever cross map BR team-shotting was a thing.

I never said they call the shots. I said they were influential, and that's still too much in my book. I understand where your coming from, but the beta aiming was perfect - there was no need to change it at all. I am still waiting for a strong defense when it comes to that argument.

I just don't see how asking their opinion on matters makes them 'too influential' .

The beta aiming did feel very good, I don't disagree. But the current aiming allows for quick fine or course adjustments once you get Over the learning curve. With the benefit of hindsight, I think 343i would have kept the beta curve, but it sounds like the control change happened after scrutinizing as a studio, not simply because pro team liked the change. 343i misjudged the value of the first impression in a lot of ways with this game.

NOKYARD

Over on the bottom of the casual side you have the weekend playlist. However once the weekend is over Action Sack should be switched in the weekend playlists place. Once it becomes the weekend Action Sack should be swapped out for the Weekend Playlist. This helps the playlist number stay low but always keep a weirder Halo variant available to the community.

Weekend Playlists won't change much but when Action Sack comes around during the week it will include most Weekend Playlist past variants and it will also include Fiesta games as well as the Armory. The armory is basically games with one set weapon. So you can get practice with each weapon and get practice beating enemies that have the same weapon as you. So for instance you will play a game of Swords on Eden or Light Rifles on Plaza or Needlers on Regret. No weapons will be on the maps and you have to outplay your opponent who have the same weapon as you. .

Well done! The only part i disagree with is the bolded.

Using Halo 3 as an example, the primary reason people flocked to the DXP Weekend was because they were huge events and, in most cases, the only place to scratch the itch for the various game types outside of customs.

Adding one or two Infection variants to Action Sack will deflate the players pent up expectation for the upcoming Infection Weekend, and the weekend will no longer be seen as a big event.

Infection players want one big gluttonous weekend of Infection, not to be spoon fed, or spin the wheel for a 1 in 16 chance it comes up in Action Sack.

I shot 39,632 bullets with the battle rifle. So, 39,632 / 3 = 13,210.6667 times I pressed the right trigger with the BR alone. Some crazy stuff.

I think you are confusing Social Playlists with new game modes here. Besides that, where did they say next week? All I see is "On next week’s Halo Livestream" and update "set to drop the week of December 15".

Not entirely; the wording just wasn't very clear. From the community update (bolded important parts):

Additionally, social playlists - one of which will be Big Team Battle - will arrive with this next update. Limited join-in-progress windows will be turned back on to allow for full matches of vehicular mayhem at (nearly) all times, and as a note, all social playlists will feature appropriate join-in-progress windows. We know you also want a mix of non-BTB social modes, and we’ll have a mix of currently available modes in a social playlist too - more on that next week.

Source

So while they're not 100% clear, we are getting social playlists next week, and we are getting non-BTB social modes. Oddball? Maybe, maybe not. But we're getting modes that definitely aren't Arena modes, which was my point.

I don't know or particularly care what the top tier or 'pro' scene looks like, but the Rig would benefit from some weapon replacements.

Sight lines aren't good enough to make sniper use appealing, Plasma Caster is the Plasma Caster... so pretty much nobody ventures to that corner of the map... unless it's to try camping with the sniper.

Replace Plasma Caster with RL, replace Sniper with Railgun.

Replace Plasma Caster with RL, replace Sniper with Railgun.

Rockets would be far too devasting, considering the size of the map and limited sightlines. Unless the holder made a stupid, stupid mistake, they'd basically be guaranteed four kills at minimum. Players tend to bunch up on The Rig due to how tightly it's designed, which means splash-damage multikills would be super common.

Plus, the map already carries cloak. RL + cloak is a nightmare we don't need to deal with. Regret already showed us how nightmarishly powerful OS + Fuel Rods are. We don't need that on steroids.

As for the Railgun, not with Rockets. A team that controls both would shut down the entire game, with pretty much no chance of recovery. Again, those sightlines do not promote the use of the railgun, unless your targets are deliberately exposing themselves.

Sniper on that map is not perfect, and the PC is really underpowered, but I wouldn't dare suggest RL+Rail on The Rig. Not even just RL. If the sniper spawn was removed and the Railgun was made the sole power weapon of the map (like Fathom), then sure, that's my ideal power weapon setup.

Rockets would be far too devasting, considering the size of the map and limited sightlines. Unless the holder made a stupid, stupid mistake, they'd basically be guaranteed four kills at minimum. Players tend to bunch up on The Rig due to how tightly it's designed, which means splash-damage multikills would be super common.

Plus, the map already carries cloak. RL + cloak is a nightmare we don't need to deal with. Regret already showed us how nightmarishly powerful OS + Fuel Rods are. We don't need that on steroids.

As for the Railgun, not with Rockets. A team that controls both would shut down the entire game, with pretty much no chance of recovery. Again, those sightlines do not promote the use of the railgun, unless your targets are deliberately exposing themselves.

Sniper on that map is not perfect, and the PC is really underpowered, but I wouldn't dare suggest RL+Rail on The Rig. Not even just RL. If the sniper spawn was removed and the Railgun was made the sole power weapon of the map (like Fathom), then sure, that's my ideal power weapon setup.

Nah, 343i cut the balls off the RL. The splash damage is barely there. You team shoot a RL user, you've taken maybe one death in the process. It's not like the old days, where you could shoot a rocket on the ground between two enemies and kill both.

Furthermore, teams have to basically choose which power weapon to rush at the start of a match. If a team gets both.... spoiler, they were going to win anyway. Cause they're better. 343i matchmaking fail? Probably. But that's another issue.

lose a match with 6 people versus 8, rank down.
win a match with 7 people versus 1, rank back up.
halo 5.

Throw two grenades at an enemies feet. They walk through without issue.

Enemy throws grenade 10 feet past you. The explosion leaves you one-shot, and somebody picks you off with an AR.

Halo 5.

Throw two grenades at an enemies feet. They walk through without issue.

Enemy throws grenade 10 feet past you. The explosion leaves you one-shot, and somebody picks you off with an AR.

Halo 5.

I get this a lot and it drives me up the wall. Getting put in the US dedis does that I guess.

R3cki

Banned
really looking forward into the next update.
not only because of the forge but:

• Additional Controller Settings are being added (look for a blog next week).

CONTROLS
The sandbox team has been hard at work on reviewing your feedback and implementing new tuning tools for controller settings, and as promised, this update will also include some additional updates for those who’d like to further refine their controller settings. For those of you who don’t wish to make any changes, you need not be concerned with what you just read, as the update won’t adjust your current settings. We’ll have more on the specifics coming at you next week from the sandbox team themselves.

full update info:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/cartographer-s-gift-sneak-peek

In future I'd like to see 343 include an assassination where instead of killing you with the knife, they use the armour restraint gizmo and you are just stuck in place for a few seconds (complete with visual effect) before you respawn. That would leave people hella salty.

Icing on the cake is that they could call it "Armor Locke".

In future I'd like to see 343 include an assassination where instead of killing you with the knife, they use the armour restraint gizmo and you are just stuck in place for a few seconds (complete with visual effect) before you respawn. That would leave people hella salty.

Icing on the cake is that they could call it "Armor Locke".

How about...

-Player slaps restraint device on other player
-Steps back to survey work
-Suddenly and brutally plunges a knife in under chin

mo60

Does anyone have any tips for warzone and warzone assault? I seem to struggle to get kills in these modes and I get killed a lot by the enemy AI or the enemy team. I do get legendary boss kills, but not as many as I would like.I also won against a team someone from 343i was on and it was in warzone assault.

Akai__

Not entirely; the wording just wasn't very clear. From the community update (bolded important parts):

Source

So while they're not 100% clear, we are getting social playlists next week, and we are getting non-BTB social modes. Oddball? Maybe, maybe not. But we're getting modes that definitely aren't Arena modes, which was my point.

Our entire point was this post here:

[*]Yep. But we're getting them this week.
[/LIST]

Now you said "next week", which is correct.

And yeah, the wording could mean anything. They could just duplicate the Arena Slayer list and make it Social for all I know (that would be non-BTB social, too). I'm just saying that you should be careful when you say new gamemodes like Oddball are being added to Social, because it was never confirmed or denied. It's best to wait for the stream and not to hype people up with potential false hope.

Lvl 62 and still no DMR. The Gods of RNG have forgotten me :(

Just curious, but how did you handle your REQ openings? The best way to get any desired weapon is being done with Bronze REQ's and then opening Silver REQ's only. Don't open Gold packs if you go for these weapons. Leave those until the end, when you are hunting for Ultra Rare and Legendary unlocks.

Theres still pretty large skill gap with the Battle Rifle in fact its so powerful you literally cannot mess up your shots or you are already doneskis.

Also I have heard Pro's say BR starts would be great. I'll try and get some proof. They also may not know they want it because its been awhile but most of them are going to drop their pistol in games for the BR when they come across it...So basically they agree the BR is the best but they dont even realize its what they want to start with.

Some of them have simply given up thinking they can change anything at this point and have just accepted the fact they now have a pistol that isn't terrible anymore (Like H2 and H3's pistol)

Also traditionally the Halo's have had BR starts playlist and every other playlist AR/Pistol. Now this game only have AR/Pistol starts. One playlist should be Battle Rifle start.

I feel better using the Battle Rifle as well. Not a better player, Like my feels feel better using it. So I'd enjoy a playlist I could depend on to get BR starts from.

Rizzi

I dunno if it's just the fact that I live in Australia, but I cannot find a match of any game mode past like 8pm.
It's super lame.

maximrace

Our entire point was this post here:

Just curious, but how did you handle your REQ openings? The best way to get any desired weapon is being done with Bronze REQ's and then opening Silver REQ's only. Don't open Gold packs if you go for these weapons. Leave those until the end, when you are hunting for Ultra Rare and Legendary unlocks.

Yeah that's my strategy. I must be really unlucky. Almost all common and uncommon reqs are unlocked

There's a well organised team going around on warzone being jerks... They pinned us in the base on apex, jumped up the top and everything, not interested in taking out the core, just killed us over and over and destroyed the core just before reaching the kill limit.

Just beat us, don't spawn kill us over and over

Sai

There's a well organised team going around on warzone being jerks... They pinned us in the base on apex, jumped up the top and everything, not interested in taking out the core, just killed us over and over and destroyed the core just before reaching the kill limit.

Just beat us, don't spawn kill us over and over
Griefing kinda goes hand-in-hand with Halo & gametypes with objectives, unfortunately.

Had one Warzone match where we were pinned down similarly on Escape from ARC. We were losing around 300-900, and then they suddenly got careless somehow. Guys on my team started rolling out tanks to breach the line, and a couple of others went ahead to capture the enemy team's armory. That sparked some discord that allowed us to take all three bases. I had an Ultra Ghost ready, and destroyed the core.

Felt good.

E92 M3

All your ideas sound great except for BR starts.

All of the competitive players value skill gap, and the pistol starts reward skill more than BR starts. I've heard nothing but praise for pistol starts from pro players thus far. Pistol is the weapon that requires the most skill to use.

I shutter to think how competitor matches would play out on these 4v4 maps ever cross map BR team-shotting was a thing.

I just don't see how asking their opinion on matters makes them 'too influential' .

The beta aiming did feel very good, I don't disagree. But the current aiming allows for quick fine or course adjustments once you get Over the learning curve. With the benefit of hindsight, I think 343i would have kept the beta curve, but it sounds like the control change happened after scrutinizing as a studio, not simply because pro team liked the change. 343i misjudged the value of the first impression in a lot of ways with this game.

They are not getting paid a salary + benefits to only have their "opinion." Otherwise 343 could just get opinions for free from the forums. The pro team is influential when it comes to multiplayer design. Why would the majority of the studio come up with an idea to make the game harder to control? The Pro Team set the idea in motion and the team followed-up with all final decision.

Trup1aya

They are not getting paid a salary + benefits to only have their "opinion." Otherwise 343 could just get opinions for free from the forums. The pro team is influential when it comes to multiplayer design. Why would the majority of the studio come up with an idea to make the game harder to control? The Pro Team set the idea in motion and the team followed-up with all final decision.

What makes you think they don't get free opinions from forums and such?

They certainly do.

But my argument isn't that 343i pays a proteam to help with design, but doesn't give a shit about what they say. My argument is that pro-team opinion is just own of many factors that go into making a decision. They represent one of many sources of feedback, just like there is community feedback, play tester feedback, and feedback from in-house developers.

Your argument seems to be that pro players shouldn't be a source of feedback at all.

Their goal was never simply to make the game harder to control. Even the pro-team wouldn't say "hey let's make the game harder to control for the sake of being harder to control". Obviously, the final decision was based on a assumption that pros outweighed the cons.

The goal was to provide a more nuanced control method, that allows for fine and course adjustments depending on where the user is operating the joystick. It allows for more control, but comes with a learning curve because it is new. I think 343i misjudged when it comes to how long it would take for players to pick it up. Just reading comments from people around here, when it clicks, it feels awesome... Unfortunely, 1.5 months in, it still hasn't clicked for a lot of people.

343i didn't do it because simply Pro-team told them too. Reading their comments, it's clear that they scrutinized over several control methods over the course of two years, and settled on one that they thought would be the best in the long run. It turns out that they thought wrong.

No doubt about it though, proteams involvement has helped the game in many ways that benefit casual and competive players alike. This control method just isn't one of them.

Akai__

Yeah that's my strategy. I must be really unlucky. Almost all common and uncommon reqs are unlocked

Aw man that sucks. You probably have a ton of Armor, Helmets and Emblembs unlocked, too?

Wished 343i would have splitted cosmetical and gameplay stuff in different packages, but I see why they wouldn't.

Trup1aya

Theres still pretty large skill gap with the Battle Rifle in fact its so powerful you literally cannot mess up your shots or you are already doneskis.

Also I have heard Pro's say BR starts would be great. I'll try and get some proof. They also may not know they want it because its been awhile but most of them are going to drop their pistol in games for the BR when they come across it...So basically they agree the BR is the best but they dont even realize its what they want to start with.

Some of them have simply given up thinking they can change anything at this point and have just accepted the fact they now have a pistol that isn't terrible anymore (Like H2 and H3's pistol)

Also traditionally the Halo's have had BR starts playlist and every other playlist AR/Pistol. Now this game only have AR/Pistol starts. One playlist should be Battle Rifle start.

I feel better using the Battle Rifle as well. Not a better player, Like my feels feel better using it. So I'd enjoy a playlist I could depend on to get BR starts from.

The BR simply has more auto-aim, requires fewer shots, and has Better range than the pistol.

It's much easier to land a perfect kill with a BR than a pistol at any range.

The pistol compensates for this by having a faster TTK.

As such, despite the inherent disadvantages, the pistol rewards skill more so than any other precision weapon. It Requires more shots, and these shots are harder to land, BUT if you land them all, you will get the kill.

It needs to continue to be the starting weapon is competive play.

If Pro's are dropping the Pistol for BR, it's because the BR is easier to use, which makes them feel like they are gaining an advantage. Which is fine, because that's the trade off that weapon pickups are supposed to provide. The upside is that in this game, those with skill, who can't get to a BR, can still win their duels.

Fuchsdh

Matt Forbeck interview with BGE.

He wrote Halo: New Blood.

Cool read.

Does anyone have any tips for warzone and warzone assault? I seem to struggle to get kills in these modes and I get killed a lot by the enemy AI or the enemy team. I do get legendary boss kills, but not as many as I would like.I also won against a team someone from 343i was on and it was in warzone assault.

Besides playing with a competent or communicative team, I think the best advice I can give you is stick to a role. You're going to rack up many more kills staying on defense in a contested area than you are running for warzone kills (with that said, the bosses are important, so if no one else is going for them you kind of have to.)

Griefing kinda goes hand-in-hand with Halo & gametypes with objectives, unfortunately.

Had one Warzone match where we were pinned down similarly on Escape from ARC. We were losing around 300-900, and then they suddenly got careless somehow. Guys on my team started rolling out tanks to breach the line, and a couple of others went ahead to capture the enemy team's armory. That sparked some discord that allowed us to take all three bases. I had an Ultra Ghost ready, and destroyed the core.

Felt good.

Warzone has some of the most exceptional Game of Throws I've seen aside from Dota 2. Anything less than a 500 point deficit you can come back from if the enemy team just starts trying to goof off.

Aw man that sucks. You probably have a ton of Armor, Helmets and Emblembs unlocked, too?

Wished 343i would have splitted cosmetical and gameplay stuff in different packages, but I see why they wouldn't.

Same. It would be very beneficial for those of us who don't touch Warzone at all. Greater chance at stuff that' s "useful" for us and less chance at thumb cramps from selling 5 billion Warzone-orientated Req cards.

E92 M3

What makes you think they don't get free opinions from forums and such?

They certainly do.

But my argument isn't that 343i pays a proteam to help with design, but doesn't give a shit about what they say. My argument is that pro-team opinion is just own of many factors that go into making a decision. They represent one of many sources of feedback, just like there is community feedback, play tester feedback, and feedback from in-house developers.

Your argument seems to be that pro players shouldn't be a source of feedback at all.

Their goal was never simply to make the game harder to control. Even the pro-team wouldn't say "hey let's make the game harder to control for the sake of being harder to control". Obviously, the final decision was based on a assumption that pros outweighed the cons.

The goal was to provide a more nuanced control method, that allows for fine and course adjustments depending on where the user is operating the joystick. It allows for more control, but comes with a learning curve because it is new. I think 343i misjudged when it comes to how long it would take for players to pick it up. Just reading comments from people around here, when it clicks, it feels awesome... Unfortunely, 1.5 months in, it still hasn't clicked for a lot of people.

343i didn't do it because simply Pro-team told them too. Reading their comments, it's clear that they scrutinized over several control methods over the course of two years, and settled on one that they thought would be the best in the long run. It turns out that they thought wrong.

No doubt about it though, proteams involvement has helped the game in many ways that benefit casual and competive players alike. This control method just isn't one of them.

Yes, there are many factors that go into making a decision, but you're being extremely naive if you think 343 doesn't "give a shit" about the pro team's opinions and ideas. And I have no idea why you keep saying that I think the pro team tells them to do stuff and they do it. I said the pro team is INFLUENTIAL. That means 343 listens to them and might render a decision that they suggest or they might not.

Secondly, they probably thought this aiming system raises "the skill ceiling" when in fact every previous Halo (including H4) played well and had a high skill ceiling. What does play well mean? Play well means that pros still dominated and beginners had fun killing each other.

We come back to the same question, on what logical basis did they decide that the beta controls weren't good enough?

maximrace

Yes, I almost have all AR's (2 missing), BR's ( 3 missing) and SMG's ( 5 missing) too. But no DMR :p

link1201

No doubt about it though, proteams involvement has helped the game in many ways that benefit casual and competitive players alike...
I agree with this. If anything the pro team needs a raise. This is the best Halo in years. I say this as an average player. This is the most fun I've had in Halo in years.

Trup1aya

Yes, there are many factors that go into making a decision, but you're being extremely naive if you think 343 doesn't "give a shit" about the pro team's opinions and ideas. And I have no idea why you keep saying that I think the pro team tells them to do stuff and they do it. I said the pro team is INFLUENTIAL. That means 343 listens to them and might render a decision that they suggest or they might not.

Secondly, they probably thought this aiming system raises "the skill ceiling" when in fact every previous Halo (including H4) played well and had a high skill ceiling. What does play well mean? Play well means that pros still dominated and beginners had fun killing each other.

We come back to the same question, on what logical basis did they decide that the beta controls weren't good enough?

I think you need to read my comment again. I'm aware that 343i "gives a shit" about what pro-team has to say. I'm saying Pro-teams influence doesn't outweigh all of the other factors that go into decision making. If you think halo5 would be a better game if 343i didn't have pro-team to help with balancing (which is absolutely exquisite in this game) then I disagree.

You seem to think that pro-team having the ability to offer an opinion is inherently too much influence. I disagree. Every source of feedback is influential. As an asset Pro-team is an influence by default. But that influence is counteracted by other forces. Obviously, there are checks and balances. There are other influences that effect the development process

343i had various sources of feedback, considered everything, and made what they thought was the best call for the game. This control issue just means they made a bad call. It doesn't mean pro-team has too much influence. It just means 343 made a mistake when weighing their options.

Like They have already stated, they made the decision in the hopes that players would pick up on the new controls fairly quickly, and appreciate the added level of control it provided. It turns out they were wrong. Sometimes, things don't go according to plan.

Was skill ceiling part of the decision making process, maybe. But like I said I don't think any developer would make their games controls harder just for the sake of making them harder, no matter what a group of pro players had to say. It's obvious to me that they thought these changes would benefit the general populace in the long run.

E92 M3

I think you need to read my comment again. I'm aware that 343i "gives a shit" about what pro-team has to say. I'm saying Pro-teams influence doesn't outweigh all of the other factors that go into decision making. If you think halo5 would be a better game if 343i didn't have pro-team to help with balancing (which is absolutely exquisite in this game) then I disagree.

You seem to think that pro-team having the ability to offer an opinion is inherently too much influence. I disagree.

343i had various sources of feedback, considered everything, and made what they thought was the best call for the game. This control issue just means they made a bad call. It doesn't mean pro-team has too much influence. It just means 343 made a mistake when weighing their options.

Like They have already stated, they made the decision in the hopes that players would pick up on the new controls fairly quickly, and appreciate the added level of control it provided. It turns out they were wrong. Sometimes, things don't go according to plan.

It's rather apparent that we fundamentally have different ides and opinions about this, but who do you think proposed an idea for a more "refined control scheme?"

I am looking forward to the update, until then, H5 is a big hassle to play.

mcrommert

Banned
Same. It would be very beneficial for those of us who don't touch Warzone at all. Greater chance at stuff that' s "useful" for us and less chance at thumb cramps from selling 5 billion Warzone-orientated Req cards.

I can see them rejiggering this in the future. I also see them putting out more skins only packs like they did for hcs.

I really hope this game is treated as a platform. If we are honest there are few ways of pushing the game forward without going away from the haloness of the series. They were able to make a large leap forward this time with the movement stuff but its at a pretty good place. It should be treated like cs go and halo 6 should be more maps, new platform updates, a campaign with more time spent on it and new modes like firefight, etc. Halo is a waning franchise, unfortunately, and it should be seen that the ever two years new game is not going to work anymore. Destiny should be looked to as something to emulate in terms of persistence in some modes.

I can see them rejiggering this in the future. I also see them putting out more skins only packs like they did for hcs.

I really hope this game is treated as a platform. If we are honest there are few ways of pushing the game forward without going away from the haloness of the series. They were able to make a large leap forward this time with the movement stuff but its at a pretty good place. It should be treated like cs go and halo 6 should be more maps, new platform updates, a campaign with more time spent on it and new modes like firefight, etc. Halo is a waning franchise, unfortunately, and it should be seen that the ever two years new game is not going to work anymore. Destiny should be looked to as something to emulate in terms of persistence in some modes.

I fully agree with this. They nailed the difficult part (imo) the core mechanics and gunplay.... id be perfectly content with this Halo 5 bone structure and new maps/modes/missions/skins etc. for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom