• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I recently got this game and got ranked in platinum. But i feel as if this game has such a higher TTK than the Master Chief Collection (1-3). Can someone explain this feeling to me?

Yeah, without headshots your TTK goes up quite a bit.

4 shots with the br
5 magnum
5 dmr
i think 8 for carbine? maybe 12? there is some chart floating around that details the TTK with body shots and head shots.

SOMEONE HALP

shoreu

Yeah, without headshots your TTK goes up quite a bit.

4 shots with the br
5 magnum
5 dmr
i think 8 for carbine? maybe 12? there is some chart floating around that details the TTK with body shots and head shots.

SOMEONE HALP

I think it's 8 with the carbine,

also how could you forget the Lightrifle 3 shot perrrrrfect.

Trup1aya

Ok, I recently got this game and got ranked in platinum. But i feel as if this game has such a higher TTK than the Master Chief Collection (1-3). Can someone explain this feeling to me?

TTK is roughly the same as other halo games. But the added manueverabilty makes landing that last shot a little more tricky.

Antitype is a B tier poster

Most likely b tier at the game if be thinks rockets aren't powerful enough.

I never said the RL wasn't powerful enough. I said it's splash damage has been reduced (but the speed of the projectile slightly increased), so it wouldn't dominate the confined spaces of the Rig.

And I'm fully aware that I'm a B-tier player. I'm in Platinum. I'm fine with it. It would be cool if I was matched with other B-tier players instead of Diamonds and Onyxs though.

I heard someone constantly yell that the other team were hackers lol.

This was a game of Warzone assault. We were the attackers, trying to get The Spire.

hehe it was funny for about 20 seconds, then i had to mute him.

BraXzy

I have a job interview in a little over 30 minutes.

RIP In Peace Halo 5 and HaloGAF, was nice spending time with you. :(

Just wait till they call you back for a second interview in a week and then the week later they say they went with the other candidate.

:'(

I think I'm the only UK-er to own this game, never heard another English person in chat, only Americans.

I'm a UK-er. Doubt of played in a match with you though scrub ;)

I hope they push Forge more out to the public. I don't think many people that know of halo know about what Forge really can do.

My hopes of Forge being a win10 app with cross uploading capabilities are crushed. Could have had a lot of potential for people who soley only want to create forge maps, but don't want to buy an xbox one, a chance to be involved.

Suprise announcement guys!
FORGE is now an WIN 10 APP and is FREE! as long as you sign in with your MS account you can participate in uploading your forge map to the community to play.

lulz look at my pipe dreams leading to dispair.

JackHerer

Starting to unlock some cooler certs. Anyone here tried the Blaze of Glory? Sounds nice

It's quite good. Has like twice the range of the standard shotgun.

I got the third tier of the rocket launcher as well as the Hydra. Called Hi-Five and White Fang respectively. I haven't used them yet but someone killed me with Hi5 and all I saw was a rocket curve around a blind corner and hit me right in the face. Description says it shoots 5 heat seeking hydra missiles.

K maybe I won't sell all my gungooses...

They're super useful both for attacking and defending the core in WZ Assault. When attacking you can just do that, when defending park it in the core room and use the unlimited grenades to lock down one of the front entrances to the room.

Strider

It's quite good. Has like twice the range of the standard shotgun.

I got the third tier of the rocket launcher as well as the Hydra. Called Hi-Five and White Fang respectively. I haven't used them yet but someone killed me with Hi5 and all I saw was a rocket curve around a blind corner and hit me right in the face. Description says it shoots 5 heat seeking hydra missiles.

I hope the req weapons are available in forge so bad. 343 pleeeeaaaaase.

--

Also random but I hope they bring the Saw to some of the arena maps as a power weapon. Through updating current maps or with the new dlc maps.

Love that gun.

Leyasu

Banned
I think I'm the only UK-er to own this game, never heard another English person in chat, only Americans.
I'm a UKer... I live in France though. There's a few UK gaffers that I play with regularly.

Sometimes I get nothing but EU/UK players, then 343 gonna 343 and it's fucking US servers. I hope that social is gonna let us choose the datacenter now ranks ain't involved... No excuses 343 in all honesty.

Spotted this on Reddit, really nice trick jump montage in a really well put together video.

5 has had such a focus on the competitive multiplayer, this reminds you how much more there is to Halo games. Very satisfying to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggytXCy2Nhg&feature=youtu.be

Holy shit, it's like the best part of 2 and 3's physics were distilled into a really practical baby with some new hotness thrown in (like the "stacking aerial physics" impulse thing like in that Plaza frag-to-plasma jump). This also really makes me want to do an H5G machinima of sorts.

Tawpgun

I never said the RL wasn't powerful enough. I said it's splash damage has been reduced (but the speed of the projectile slightly increased), so it wouldn't dominate the confined spaces of the Rig.

And I'm fully aware that I'm a B-tier player. I'm in Platinum. I'm fine with it. It would be cool if I was matched with other B-tier players instead of Diamonds and Onyxs though.

It's splash damage is fine. Unless you're experiencing a lot of lag or something.

It doesn't have the fuckhuge splash damage of CE/Reach/4. It's pretty on par with Halo 2 if I remember that one correctly. Halo 3 had the smallest splash damage in the series.

It's splash damage is fine. Unless you're experiencing a lot of lag or something.

It doesn't have the fuckhuge splash damage of CE/Reach/4. It's pretty on par with Halo 2 if I remember that one correctly. Halo 3 had the smallest splash damage in the series.

I wasn't complaining about the splash damage on the RL. I agree it's fine. But it isn't such that it would break The Rig if it replaced the Plasma Caster IMO.

Tawpgun

I didn't care about unlocks because the gameplay and maps were so good.

It's anything but shallow, there were many ways to engage a battle and move around the map.

I don't think getting kills in H5 is as satisfying as say Halo 2 or 3 where the ragdoll physics would make the spartan do a backflip or fallback from headshots. In H5 they just collapse.

Oh it was fun as hell to move around. The titans were fun too but the shooting was super shallow. Didn't feel satisfying at all. They should have done with Black Ops did and let you maintain accuracy while mobile. The actual gunplay was the worst thing about the whole game.

Halo, to me, is king of console FPS gunplay.

And I miss the headshot flips too :( But that's not what was satisfying about kills in H5. H5 takes more skill to me.

Getting a perfect reversal is so gooood

@antitype: Ah yeah I see. However the Caster is probably most useful on that map than any other its on.

Just wait till they call you back for a second interview in a week and then the week later they say they went with the other candidate.

:'(

I got the job :D

They even let me pick exactly when I start... I told them I'll start next week... heh... Planned to start this week...but one more week of all Play and Fun sounds too good.

If you think H5's physics are boring, hop into Team Snipers and get shot in the face while you're airborne. It looks like your Spartan is trying to transform into a car.

Monocle

So I might be picking up an Xbox One next month in the New Years sales, and I since I have heard a lot of good things about the multiplayer, I really want to buy this game. For context, I used to be a huge fan of Halo before 4, and spent a stupidly long amount of time in Reach's multiplayer. I also own a PS4 (along with Deatiny, Battlefront, Battlefield) and a Wii U (Splatoon) and I was wondering, is Halo 5 enough of a return to form to draw me back in and is it worth the additional cost of XBL gold for the multiplayer?
Yes, absolutely. The mechanics are the best they've ever been and the campaign is definitely better than 4's and Reach's.

Trup1aya

I got the job :D

They even let me pick exactly when I start... I told them I'll start next week... heh... Planned to start this week...but one more week of all Play and Fun sounds too good.

Congrats on the job man. I hope you still find time to do what you like to do...

I'm married, have a 3mo old son, work at least 60hrs a week, on call 24/7, with just 4 days off a month... And I still try to squeeze in time to play halo and post here. It keeps me sane!

Congrats on the job man. I hope you still find time to do what you like to do...

I'm married, have a 3mo old son, work at least 60hrs a week, on call 24/7, with just 4 days off a month... And I still try to squeeze in time to play halo and post here. It keeps me sane!

Jeez... I sometimes struggle to find time for gaming and I'm only an unmarried PhD student hahah.

A CHAMPION of life you are.

Trup1aya

Jeez... I sometimes struggle to find time for gaming and I'm only an unmarried PhD student hahah.

Man, it is a struggle. A lot of times when I get called at night, I can handle the issues over the phone. So since I'm up, I'll play a couple games.

Sometimes I'll wake up early and play before my commute.

Baby sleep, wife on an errand = halo

A CHAMPION of life you are.

Haha, that depends on who you ask

Man, it is a struggle. A lot of times when I get called at night, I can handle the issues over the phone. So since I'm up, I'll play a couple games.

Sometimes I'll wake up early and play before my commute.

Baby sleep, wife on an errand = halo

Haha, that depends on who you ask

Bolded the samee for me except i have an almost 3 yr old and a 2 month old. And im not on call 24/7 . i admire your hard work.

Edit: congrats on the job speedy blue dude!!!

Trup1aya

Bolded the samee for me except i have an almost 3 yr old and a 2 month old. And im not on call 24/7 . i admire your hard work.

Edit: congrats on the job speedy blue dude!!!

To be fair, if you have children, you know what it's like to be on call 24/7. I can say with certainty the my wife's day at home is tougher than my day at work. Thankfully there is no greater joy than being a parent.
Pulling a reversal in Halo 5 is about as close as it gets

To be fair, if you have children, you know what it's like to be on call 24/7. I can say with certainty the my wife's day at home is tougher than my day at work. Thankfully there is no greater joy than being a parent.
Pulling a reversal in Halo 5 is about as close as it gets

Ahaha true that! I agree with all said. Glad to hear im not the only halo dad here.

Hahaha maaaybeee:p

I can say i dont play like my halo 2 glory days anymore tho =...

Plz understand lol edit:
Im not that old.. Am i?

31 here, only a puppy daddy and husband so far - but yeah, I'm old so I hope everyone can plz understand why I'm not as good as I was 13 years ago.

Tawpgun

I think I reached peak Halo skill in at the end of high school into college. Aka reach years.

I still consider myself pretty good at this game but I'm incredibly inconsistent in this game.

I ltierally had one set of games where I went like 25 and 5 one game and 5 and 20 the next.

If I played more I'd probably be really good.

I think I reached peak Halo skill in at the end of high school into college. Aka reach years.

I still consider myself pretty good at this game but I'm incredibly inconsistent in this game.

I ltierally had one set of games where I went like 25 and 5 one game and 5 and 20 the next.

If I played more I'd probably be really good.

Player 2 joins Old Balls Team Inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom