• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the Halo 1 Magnum and the Gravity Hammer were in this update too though, would have really competed the classic feel.

It would be cool if the Spnkr and the Classic BR were in matchmaking on the new arena maps too!

Strider

a gold magnum skin O_O I need it

I love this group of reqs compared to the first dlc set. Both the Mark IV and Raijin armor sets look good to me.

This update is gonna be soooo damn great.

link1201

a gold magnum skin O_O I need it

I love this group of reqs compared to the first dlc set. Both the Mark IV and Raijin armor sets look good to me.

This update is gonna be soooo damn great.
It's coming at a great time too. I know I'm going to play a lot over the break.

yeaaaaahhhhh!!!
dec-cu-req-poster-allon-1120-6106f202e8124cfabbec0550d5b5fed4.jpg

oh snaP!
nice trRY!

EDIT:

I kind of want some type of additions to the Store. Like a certain amount of REQ to purchase any common/uncommon/rare/ultra-rare cosmetic cards. Legendary still would require the RNG.

I want some helm and armors and i feel with the amount i play, i'll never truly get what i want =/

Can I save my premium REQ packs from this week? or do I need to open them now? I wan't to increase my chances of getting the Mark IV helmet and armour,
sure is not my Mark V but it's way better than the majority of the armours on H5.

New stuff looks fantastic.

SPNKr definitely being its own weapon makes me super hopeful for its inclusion in Forge and Customs.

And those Gold Standard skins... lawd.

link1201

Can I save my premium REQ packs from this week? or do I need to open them now? I wan't to increase my chances of getting the Mark IV helmet and armour,
sure is not my Mark V but it's way better than the majority of the armours on H5.
I believe you can save them if you like.

pleasejusthavenewgametypespleasejusthavenewgametypespleasejusthavenewgametypespleasejusthavenewgametypespleasejusthavenewgametypespleasejusthavenewgametypespleasejusthavenewgametypespleasejusthavenewgametypespleasejusthavenewgametypes

Glass

I got my hopes up when i heard 'classic BR' thinking it's the original model/scope, but it looks like just the scope is different? Maybe the sound too? Looking forward to it either way, the skins look great. Can't wait for Fridays stream, bet there's a jump in viewing numbers with all the forge goodness right round there corner.

Why didn't I think of this.

pleasejusthavenewgametypespleasejusthavenewgametypespleasejusthavenewgametypespleasejusthavenewgametypespleasejusthavenewgametypespleasejusthavenewgametypespleasejusthavenewgametypespleasejusthavenewgametypespleasejusthavenewgametypes

343i should embrace you and label one of their gametypes 'The Jackdog'.

it's kind of catchy.

"hey man, lets fire up some halo 5 and play the jackdog"

wait.. nevermind.

I've been enjoying BTB lately apart from Basin being horrible horribly designed and that crazy lighting on recurve and the standoff map.

But, you know what, it's nearly coming up 2 months, and I still don't have any of my warzone req or launch req packs.

343 please look into it.

343i should embrace you and label one of their gametypes 'The Jackdog'.

it's kind of catchy.

"hey man, lets fire up some halo 5 and play the jackdog"

wait.. nevermind.

everyone wants it you were just the first to suggest it.

cartographers of halo, its in your hands now.

It should probably be 3 flag oddball infection slayer ricochet mix with a bomb and regicide elements.

everyone spawns in tanks.

youre WELCOME 343

everyone wants it you were just the first to suggest it.

cartographers of halo, its in your hands now.

It should probably be 3 flag oddball infection slayer ricochet mix with a bomb and regicide elements.

everyone spawns in tanks.

youre WELCOME 343

How about everyone spawns on the back of a gungoose. everyone has unlimited shields so gernade wont kill them. you have to nade push them off the map.

Kinda like sumo wrestling, except with gernades. in the middle of a space.

How about everyone spawns on the back of a gungoose. everyone has unlimited shields so gernade wont kill them. you have to nade push them off the map.

Kinda like sumo wrestling, except with gernades. in the middle of a space.

i like it, but its not nearly dumb or convoluted enough. we could go dumber.

ive got it.

3 flags. two at each base. one in the middle. but the flags at the base dont matter. those are decoy flags. you think id just leave the real flag at the base, where ANYONE could find it?

no. you want the bomb. team takes the bomb (theres bombs) to the other teams base. when armed, you get 3 mins. when thrown, 1 min. (RICOCHET). During this window, and only during, can you score the neutral flag at your base (isnt this actually possible in the new forge with scripting?). killing the leader in kills (the king) automatically sets the opposing teams timer to zero so they can no longer score the flag. if you hold the other teams bomb, you can score the flag too (oddball!) but only if youre in your own base with their bomb.

Classic BR? F*ck yeah!

giphy.gif

We need a "Jet black" skin for the BR, like now.

343 needs to make it easier to show off the loot. It will create more inherent value.

This is where the Halo 4 multiplayer lobby system worked well, it would show your spartan with chosen armor, pose and colours before every match to everyone who was connected.

Now all we see is a tiny thumbnail of their already designed avatar in a choice of selected colours, no spartan to show off.

I wish the Halo 1 Magnum and the Gravity Hammer were in this update too though, would have really competed the classic feel.
Probably saving it for when the Mk. V armor is released.
So... is Mark IV not a REQ then?
It is, but I don't think it has any variants which is why it's not shown as a card?
343 needs to make it easier to show off the loot. It will create more inherent value.
Yup, they really, really do.

Akai__

Update looks good. Kinda weird that it doesn't show the Gravity Hammer, though. I thought that would be comming with Forge for sure.

Anyways, my 80k REQ points (and counting) will be ready.

Classic BR, daaaaaamn. Gonna have to load up the game for a bit.

I wish there was a more specific way to acquire cards, though. I just want my NOBLE helmet. :'(

JackHerer

Damn I'm interested to see the classic BR for sure. Hopefully it means it has a non-ADS scope. Am I the only one who was expecting the CE magnum in this update? How long are they gonna sit on that?

Classic BR, daaaaaamn. Gonna have to load up the game for a bit.

I wish there was a more specific way to acquire cards, though. I just want my NOBLE helmet. :'(

Same, I'd be happy to pay 100k REQ for the Security set... Finally got the armor today but it's the helmet I really want.

I'd really like my red cross emblem back in a REQ pack, or better yet a caduceus, so when I'm shooting people in the face they also know that I'm there to help.

Also, I could have sworn the CE magnum was part of this update. I guess not. :(

Hopefully that means the M6D and Mk. V in one pack.

Yeah i think they need more parameters to indicate a legit quit, a disconnect, afk and etc.

I apologize in advance when i need to change a diaper right in the middle of a game and end up being booted because i was afk for too long.

shit happens, literally.

Yup, some of us have things more important than gaming that require our attention (ie - wives, dogs, babies, etc.)

Plz to bring social playlists for this very reason.

A good way to show off Armor/Stances At the end of a game flash a player card for top players. Battlefront does something similar except it's gamerpics.

Trup1aya

Now this is how you add new Reqs... Not a tone of vehicle skins that add no value. Not a ton of common items that you'll immediately sell.

Nope, just a bunch of soon to be highly sought after items permanent items. And the common item is something no one would complain about getting in a gold pack.

Can't wait

Akai__

Damn I'm interested to see the classic BR for sure. Hopefully it means it has a non-ADS scope. Am I the only one who was expecting the CE magnum in this update? How long are they gonna sit on that?

Completely forgot about the CE Magnum. Probably saving that for the next (or one of the next) update(s)?

Everything CE gets the shaft in Halo games:

Halo 2? Barely any sign of CE outside of the CE Pistol on Tombstone
(YEAH, REAL FUNNY BUNGIE).
Halo 3? Teased with a return to CE's roots, the Magnum hyped prerelease, heartbroken post release.
Reach? Yo but we got this Anniversary thing coming out that will be just like Halo CE! Heartbroken post release.
Halo 4? Mk. V as paid DLC.
Halo 5? RNG DLC.​

Halo 6 needs to launch with Mk. V as the default armor and everyone gets a CE Pistol as their third weapon. That's right, Halo 6 needs to add a third weapon option to Halo and it needs to be a CE Pistol. You heard it here first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom