• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

I really wanna know....

What is your winrate and K/D.

You say you wanna drive your mmr down to where it should be... But all signs point to the fact you cant deal with losing and just wanna dong on people worse than you.

Show me that stat Ramirez dropped is fake because if you really have a 60% winrate.... ummmm....

He said it himself last week!

Finding quite a few players use the AR in breakout... I've been playing warzone almost exclusively, trying the weekend breakout and im finding it easy to drop all these guys wielding the AR with my pistol.

My tip is to learn to use the pistol, its an important weapon.

RSB

Banned
It's probably the 30fps.

Destiny is commonly held in very high regard with how good the gunplay and movement feel.
If only the game didn't hate it so much when you try to use both at the same time... LOL. Although, personally, even when judging the gunplay and the movement separately (which wouldn't make any sense) I still don't think they are all that good. The gunplay is way too dependent on ADS for me to consider it anything more than just ok; and while the movement mechanics are pretty fun, the base movement speed is just too slow. And yeah, 30fps sucks.

Coming back to it (to try TTK) after a month playing Halo 5 makes the problems with Destiny's gameplay more obvious than ever.

Lmao in middle of a breakout arena game on the rig... Daughter comes up and pushes the xbox button...

We were dominating too lol

Guy messages me and says thanks for quitting i made them lose.

Oops muh bad guyzzz

I just got done watching yesterday's livestream on the December Update. Did they inadvertently announce Wednesday as being the day the update comes out? We knew Ranked Seasons are going to be one month long and Bravo said that the first season will be running through January 16th. So it sounded like the Cartographer's Gift is coming on December 16th. I don't know if anyone else had speculated that as I haven't been keeping up with this thread this past week.

I really wanna know....

What is your winrate and K/D.

You say you wanna drive your mmr down to where it should be... But all signs point to the fact you cant deal with losing and just wanna dong on people worse than you.

Show me that stat Ramirez dropped is fake because if you really have a 60% winrate.... ummmm....

Yes, I love beating up on bad kids so much that I have a 1.029 K/D with a glistening 0.903 K/D in Slayer. Sure am self-selecting for performance there, champ! LMAO!

Generally speaking, most of my quits happen before the combined score of the two teams reaches 10. I've left games when I was positive and negative.

BraXzy

Out of curiosity, what do you like about it? It feels absolutely nothing like Halo to me. None of the exciting back and forth fire-fights. Just a lot of crouch walking, camping, hiding, with a few second bursts of shallow combat.

I'm glad you enjoy it man, and I'm glad that you have a dedicated playlist for it so you can play it whenever you want.

I want it out of the Team Arena pot in the worst way. I'm trying not to quit matches right now to drive my MMR down, but damn it's tough to resist the urge to bail the SECOND that gametype title card comes up.

I suppose it fills the twitch shooter side of things I like, a hole which I'd usually fill with occasional switches to CoD. Instead of hopping between Halo and CoD (not bought BO3), I hop between regular stuff and Breakout. I like the fast pace, I love the tension of last man standing and the clutches you can pull out. It is certainly not classic Halo, and it won't ever replace it. It's just a great change of pace for me when in the mood. It can certainly be frustrating at times, but I find it less frustrating as a mainly solo player than other gametypes that rely more on teamshooting and coordination. If I had a team I ran with all the time I'd more than likely be doing nothing but Slayer/Arena.

And I entirely agree that it doesn't belong in Team Arena. It's way too different and has it's own place. Arena Breakout would fit a lot better, with tweaks people have mentioned (like side swapping and slight delay after spawning to gather thoughts).

Lmao in middle of a breakout arena game on the rig... Daughter comes up and pushes the xbox button...

We were dominating too lol

Guy messages me and says thanks for quitting i made them lose.

Oops muh bad guyzzz

You're a bad person and should feel bad
<3

Strider

So what you're saying is... your K/D is at 1 and your winrate is significantly above 50%...?

Sounds like your slightly below what your rank should be. So yea I'd say you trying to go down is pretty silly.

Your K/D isn't "in the toilet" ... Your K/D is right around what it should be if MM is working correctly.

Generally speaking, most of my quits happen before the combined score of the two teams reaches 10. I've left games when I was positive and negative..

lol. Whichever team gets the first wave of powerups and power weapons typically jumps out to an early lead. So you quit if the enemy team grabs them and gets up 7-2 or some shit? That's typical Halo man.

¤&#937;

You're a bad person and should feel bad
<3

I guess they needed the gosu to carry them to victory.

Sorry fellas. Next placement match i gotchuuuuu

>_<

Edit:

Also anti is basically saying he doesn't want a challenge and just wants to punish ppl who dont play as good as him.

So he is upset that he loses. Looks for a reason. Sees ranks and blames the system. But when he wins. Its all gravy baby like snoop double oh g. Except he makes sure he is consistent in his argument so he bitches about ranks. Lol

Of course he wants to rank down. He just wants to be a bully and not go against ppl who would own him or give him a challenge. Then might possibly complain about how its so easy and then suggest player drop off. Lol

Well thats my take on his string of complaints. Idk though. He plays the shit out of this so idk what his motive is. /shrug

Someone needa a box of chocolates maybe?

BraXzy

I guess they needed the gosu to carry them to victory.

Sorry fellas. Next placement match i gotchuuuuu

>_<

I was playing a match of reg Breakout before and I had nearly pulled a 1 v 3 clutch, on the final guy my TV inadvertently decided to switch to the PC input source and I got dong'd on hard. We still won but god did that frustrate.

I was playing a match of reg Breakout before and I had nearly pulled a 1 v 3 clutch, on the final guy my TV inadvertently decided to switch to the PC input source and I got dong'd on hard. We still won but god did that frustrate.

Oh man. Got ghosts in your house trolling you. Haha

So what you're saying is... your K/D is at 1 and your winrate is significantly above 50%...?

Sounds like your slightly below what your rank should be. So yea I'd say you trying to go down is pretty silly.

Your K/D isn't "in the toilet" ... Your K/D is right around what it should be if MM is working correctly.

What's your K/D?

You're not going to be telling people their K/D ought to be .900 in Slayer if everything is in working order, while sporting a 1.2 or higher are you?

Cause that would be pretty laughable.

'Like hey, my experience is totally different than yours, but please let me tell you exactly how your experience should be from my ivory tower' LOL

Strider

What's your K/D?

You're not going to be telling people their K/D ought to be .900 in Slayer if everything is in working order, while sporting a 1.2 or higher are you?

FeYDYVB.png

My stats.

My K/d is a little bit above 1 and my winrate is about 56%. That's because I started at a rank that was too low for me and worked my way up. I put up good numbers when I was Plat and low Diamond and that's why my overall stats are slightly above the targeted goal. (1 K/D. 50% winrate). Now that I'm Onyx My K/D in slayer is probably between .95-1 with a winrate of 50%ish (slightly higher).

If your K/D in slayer is between .9-1.1 with a winrate around 50% (and it sounds like it is) MM is working. If it's not in that range then youll win/lose a good number more than the targeted 50% goal and MM adjusts. I've played enough games to know the ranking system matches you accordingly and adjusts to your skill level as it should.

FeYDYVB.png

My stats.

My K/d is a little bit above 1 and my winrate is about 56%. That's because I started at a rank that was too low for me and worked my way up. I put up good numbers when I was Plat and low Diamond and that's why my overall stats are slightly above the targeted goal. (1 K/D. 50% winrate). Now that I'm Onyx My K/D in slayer is probably between .95-1 with a winrate of 50%ish (slightly higher).

If your K/D in slayer is between .9-1.1 with a winrate around 50% (and it sounds like it is) MM is working. If it's not in that range then youll win/lose a good number more than the targeted 50% goal and MM adjusts. I've played enough games to know the ranking system matches you accordingly and adjusts to your skill level as it should.

Dude, you're +700 overall. Im -100 in one playlist alone LMAO

Strider

And -100 is pretty damn close to an even number of kill and deaths?

I provided a reason for being +700 but I guess that doesn't matter huh

Edit: honestly it doesn't even matter lol I won't see your response

Glass

I like to think this other guy was also English and we were both too polite about hogging the gun

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Glass Dallas/video/13214572

Also the range of Blaze of Glory is crazy, the game even seems to pause a second to see if it wants to give me the kill or not

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Glass Dallas/video/13214603

Lastly are servers still borked? Had one crash to dashboard as I was starting my first Warzone this morning, and this is how my second looked, not seen such an empty Warzone before

that stealth brag tho

And -100 is pretty damn close to an even number of kill and deaths?

I provided a reason for being +700 but I guess that doesn't matter huh

Edit: honestly it doesn't even matter lol I won't see your response

Yes. Its close, on the negative side of 1.0, while you've had a completely different experience that has put you on the positive side by a factor of 7x my own gap. Funny how much more fun you've had with the game, eh?

But please, keep telling others who have had completely different experiences how they should feel. Perhaps next you'll be telling the inhabitants of Siberia to stop complaining about the cold?

Thought I could've at least placed Diamond in Arena Breakout, I was playing pretty well. 4 losses cemented me in Platinum like every other playlist. :(

Was playing well in Slayer too but had lag spikes that killed me multiple times and as a result lost the match. One happened when I had over shield and snipe. That'll do it for me tonight. Anyone else have issues tonight after the servers were down?

Glass

I saw this image on Reddit hahaha it's pretty funny and SAD at the same time, what happened to my Mark V :(

343 is making a point of letting us know they're listening to feedback and implementing changes based on it. Well, I think this is a great opportunity to take the team working on Infection, KOTH and other modes and move them instead to work on improving this helmet design. Priorities people.

Madness

dammit I miss my emblem, out of all the emblems that 343 took away why did it have to be mine

forest_yellow_spartan-on-silver_shield

dean-crying-o.gif

please bring it back :(

aYvsC6n.jpg

No kidding. Still waiting to be able to have anything remotely similar to this back. Just crazy how they can cut something so integral and REMOVE customization. Let's remove decades worth of emblems but add smiley face strawberries and tangerines and turkeys etc.

Tawpgun

Runes were one of the default emblems in Halo 5. No Reqs needed. The chosen emblem. Since Halo 2

But I am rocking the groundpound one because it's pretty sweet and I love ground pounds.

CeeSaw

aYvsC6n.jpg

No kidding. Still waiting to be able to have anything remotely similar to this back. Just crazy how they can cut something so integral and REMOVE customization. Let's remove decades worth of emblems but add smiley face strawberries and tangerines and turkeys etc.

I agree that it sucks that some of the classics are missing. IMO a bunch of the new ones are

What happened?

343's art direction happened.

Sad but true :'( I mean come on what happened even the armour looks better on Halo 4!

343 is making a point of letting us know they're listening to feedback and implementing changes based on it. Well, I think this is a great opportunity to take the team working on Infection, KOTH and other modes and move them instead to work on improving this helmet design. Priorities people.

You are 100% right, 343 Industries if you are reading this post you know what to do . . .

giphy.gif

Defect

aYvsC6n.jpg

I love my happy tangerine.

Trup1aya

Man, I opened my silver win pack from yesterday and got 200RP... I thought that only happens when you don't have anymore common-rares to unlock

From Bungie's Lead Sandbox Engineer.

Mmmm... nah.

Battlefield 4 gave me a ludicrous amount of options on PC, from reticle size and color to the scale of hitmarkers when I make a kill versus when I land a shot. Never mind the sensitivity options I've got for everything from on-foot to ADS to scoped-ADS.

I love having options like these. For the average player, they don't mind. For the experienced player, it's a godsend.

Trup1aya

I almost got into a match, but there were only 6 of us, and some error kicked me out. I wonder if the others got to play...

Now my wife and kid are up... No win pack for me today I guess :(

Herbs

Banned
Fcuking UK connection issues. At least I leave for the states on Saturday and leave this messiness behind

Finally got in. Won Warzone and got Oathsworn in that pack.

Mmmm... nah.

Battlefield 4 gave me a ludicrous amount of options on PC, from reticle size and color to the scale of hitmarkers when I make a kill versus when I land a shot. Never mind the sensitivity options I've got for everything from on-foot to ADS to scoped-ADS.

I love having options like these. For the average player, they don't mind. For the experienced player, it's a godsend.

Lol.. some people I cant understand. Giving the players more options to fine tune their experience is bad now? How can an actual developer think this? Not everyone is ok with one specific amount of deadzone / aim acceleration etc. there is no one perfect setting that feels good to everyone.

Options are a good thing. This simply cannot be argued. Giving the players the tools to refine how they feel comfortable is something that all games should be doing. If some are fine with how the options are they can leave everything at default. there is no excuse. that guy sounds more like he is tricking himself into thinking its somehow a burden or a hassle for someone to go into the options and fine tune something perfectly to their preferences..

Trup1aya

Finally got a got a game of Breakout arena. It was awesome. Teams need to switch sides though, especially on asymmetrical maps.

My win pack was garbage again... 100 req points.

Why is everyone else getting permanent items while I get RP? Still have plenty of common-rare items to unlock...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom