• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

Why is everyone else getting permanent items while I get RP? Still have plenty of common-rare items to unlock...

Have you gotten a warzone daily pack yet? It could be that warzone dailies give better rewards. I've only gotten the arena daily so far and my pack was similar to what you're getting

Those few Breakout games were nice last night Braxzy. It was nice to finally get some thumper dumping action on my side of the match. Breakout is such a different mode when you've got a majority of the team communicating, it fits together so darned well.

Trup1aya

Have you gotten a warzone daily pack yet? It could be that warzone dailies give better rewards. I've only gotten the arena daily so far and my pack was similar to what you're getting

Not yet... Makes sense that weapon unlocks would be skewed towards Warzone, but it was hoping win packs would be a good way for me to knock out some of the useless customization items W/o wasting RP

Detective

Never thought I'd see Halo decline that much.
Sales wise and in most played games.

It's not even in top 10 anymore. Really sad after almost two months.

Plus I can't get into a match. Connection error.

Trup1aya

Never thought I'd see Halo decline that much.
Sales wise and in most played games.

It's not even in top 10 anymore. Really sad after almost two months.

Plus I can't get into a match. Connection error.

Inability to connect probably is part of the reason it isn't top 10 for the moment. It's usually right in the mix of things.

Arena Breakout would be half decent if they removed the flag.

I love the flag. Having 2 ways to win really Emphasizes strategy.

Some rounds the flag is capped, others it comes down to elimination, and the flag is untouched. Had a round this morning where the opponent was inches away from scoring the flag, but we killed the carrier and then exterminated them. It was thrilling.

BraXzy

Those few Breakout games were nice last night Braxzy. It was nice to finally get some thumper dumping action on my side of the match. Breakout is such a different mode when you've got a majority of the team communicating, it fits together so darned well.

It sure makes a world of difference, they were some fun games :D

I partied up with someone a bit later on and he straight up refused to believe I'd hit Diamond 6 mainly playing solo haha.

Hatchtag

Banned
No glitch, someone left and a round after that another player joined

i'm guessing a glitch still. At least normal breakout, is fairly glitchy, especially the audio. a lot of the times the wrong side is named as the winner, wrong things are called out, etc. in normal breakout i once lost momentum and fell to my death during the launch sequence too.

It sure makes a world of difference, they were some fun games :D

I partied up with someone a bit later on and he straight up refused to believe I'd hit Diamond 6 mainly playing solo haha.

Well, if I were to judge based on my experience I'd have a hard time believing you as well!

I'm on now getting my Arena Breaout on if anyone is interested, GT: Crimson Angelus

My first 4 daily reqs have been total crap. It doesn't matter if they're Warzone or Arena, I get junk either way D:

they are suppose to be little treats and not silver or gold packs, you get some req credit and a few items from your unlocked list, better then nothing when you sell everything and walk away with about 600 req.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Got the angry gorilla emblem, but like everyone else apparently, I have to rock Santa. Also got the scourge of fire (plasma caster, any good?) cert

Got the angry gorilla emblem, but like everyone else apparently, I have to rock Santa. Also got the scourge of fire (plasma caster, any good?) cert

It's pretty much just a better plasma caster, so it's even better at clearing out the armory and core room in Assault but still very situational outside of that.

maximrace

Screenshot-Original.png

Now that was a great team lol

Haruko

Does arena breakout has JIP? Someone just joined in my game lol

My brother betrayed me after "Round Won" popups in the first two rounds, and got booted accidentally for betrayals...

He was then somehow able to rejoin around Round 4 and finish the game.

When it ended, we had to wait out 4~ minutes left on his Arena matchmaking ban for betrayals. Weird.

(He only ever betrays after Round/Game Over screens, as used to be Halo custom.)

BraXzy

Pfft, who needs to save up when you can unlock everything else and auto unlock legendaries since that's all that is left.
I am going to start saving as of today :3

Strider

Why are you saving REQ points?

So I can buy as many packs as I can on the day the new reqs release so I can hopefully get the Raijin set the day it comes out.

Eventually I'll unlock it no matter what by process of elimination and if I spent the points now technically that means each pack would give the set a higher drop rate... But if I spent all my points now I'd be opening very little on the day it actually releases so my chances would be lower to get it asap

Holy shit, people do not know how to react to flag runs in Arena Breakout, hahaha. I just had a match on Regret where I capped all five flags and we won 6-1 in like 3 or 4 minutes. Having the increased health really lets you go for bigplays.gif

Holy shit, people do not know how to react to flag runs in Arena Breakout, hahaha. I just had a match on Regret where I capped all five flags and we won 6-1 in like 3 or 4 minutes. Having the increased health really lets you go for bigplays.gif

For some reason people feel the need to push to the other base with no intention on getting the flag. Makes no sense and you can just cap it.

I had a breakout arena match where someone on the enemy team was flashing visible and invisible, we got stomped because no one was really able to kill him.

Part of what I really like about the flag in Arena Breakout is that it forces map positioning to be an ever-real consideration. Without it, the best strategy would inevitably be "group together and try to out-teamshoot the other guys." With the the flag, you need to have people spread throughout the map to prevent sneaky people from bringing the flag in.

Trup1aya

People will get the hang of it. I almost lost a match on regret, because my team refused to stop the rush. Admittedly, the cap point being lower than the flag spawn makes rushing pretty tempting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom