• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
The character animation framerate knows no bounds, in one of the fadeout shots of blue team, for the last 2 or so seconds their animations half lol.

Why does it even affect a cutscene???

HappyHunting

Neo Member
I see people saying that you need a team to get higher but when I keep going 3-14 per game yeah, Im shit at this game.

Not sure what to do at this point but I think dropping it would be the wise choice. Bah.

Rant overrrr.

wwm0nkey

I see people saying that you need a team to get higher but when I keep going 3-14 per game yeah, Im shit at this game.

Not sure what to do at this point but I think dropping it would be the wise choice. Bah.

Rant overrrr.
Don't try to get good, just try to keep on doing better little by little.

Also tweak your aim settings when the update comes out

Rant overrrr.

How is your playstyle? Do tou use the map to your advantage? Do you stick with your teammates? What playlist do you jump into?

The character animation framerate knows no bounds, in one of the fadeout shots of blue team, for the last 2 or so seconds their animations half lol.

You're talking about the second blue team mission right? I was wondering the same but the second time I saw it you can see that there is a lot going on in the skybox. I guess that's just too much for the Xbone to handle.

Plasma

Banned
Just got dropped into a warzone match where our team had already lost all three bases and were penned into our home base in the opening few minutes, cheers game.

Madness

Just got dropped into a warzone match where our team had already lost all three bases and were penned into our home base in the opening few minutes, cheers game.

Join in progress... What do you expect. Happened to me too. I'd rather wait 5 minutes more for a match to start from the beginning fairly then be thrown into a loss or be put into an already started match.

Karl2177

Join in progress... What do you expect. Happened to me too. I'd rather wait 5 minutes more for a match to start from the beginning fairly then be thrown into a loss or be put into an already started match.
Fine with me. I'll enjoy the free rp for doing nothing.

BraXzy

I want to save my req but im so impatient :( just trying to get my commons out the way asap.

Commons? Rookie. I'm getting close to finishing up Silver packs :D

I'm hoping that at some point, when a new REQ set drops, I can just buy a gold pack and have it no matter what. UnlimitedPower.jpg

Madness

Fine with me. I'll enjoy the free rp for doing nothing.

But it's an instant loss on the record. That's the only part I hate. Just wish there was an option to prioritize fair starts with longer wait times as opposed to quicks starts and JiP for those of us who don't want to join already in progress matches.

Watching the stream now. I like the duplication feature but it looks like you can't mirror a base for example. In other words, the bridge on red base is on the left side. You dupe the base but when you rotate it to make it blue base the bridge in opposite the red side one. I was hoping there was a mirror option so you could make symmetrical bases face each other like the Pit for example.

Rant overrrr.

You'd have to post gameplays or something so we can see if you are doing something obviously wrong.

I'd suggest getting on twitch whenever you have some spare time and watch pros play. Do what they do they've literally put in thousands and thousands of hours testing out what doesn't work already so you don't have to. They also have theater in the game so take advantage of that watch your gameplay and see what you could have done differently.

Also learn all the map jumps. Don't just try a few and fail and go back into MM. Practice the jumps so you can do them all 100% of the time without even thinking about them. This way you can actually implement them into gameplay. Took me getting banned from MM for 30 minutes before I finally figured out how to do the Fathom top mid jumps ~99%. Now I'm confident enough to make that part of my opening depending on spawn location. Its just these little things that eventually turn you into a better player.

Learn the spawn system. If you want to get super analytical watch your gameplays mark location of death and your spawn location. Then remember everything. When you get a kill think if you just died there based on this situation (Where your team and there team is right now generally) where is he most likely to spawn? That's how the great players pretty much always know where the other team is going to be regardless of radar or communication.

As for individual skill, I always think of it as just do your best, you're going to have a set natural skill level you can only increase so much. Play FFA to practice as an individual.

Commons? Rookie. I'm getting close to finishing up Silver packs :D

I'm hoping that at some point, when a new REQ set drops, I can just buy a gold pack and have it no matter what. UnlimitedPower.jpg

I have an excuseee! Remember :p "im a dad and old.

plz understand
"

I just wish i got more jackpot rp cards :p thats alll i ever want. Idc about the xp boosts as promotion packs suck.

So just had half of my team quit in BTB and lost 100-55 as a result. Remind me what are the punishments for quitting? Because it really doesn't feel like there are any.

Team slayer 8vs4on guillotine is not fun guys

BraXzy

Trying to get used to Elite controller paddles is mindfucking me so much

I'm not looking forward to adjusting years of muscle memory to incorporate them. But it'll be worth it in the end! Out of interest, what actions have you mapped to the paddles? I'm gonna go with Jump and Thrust I think.

I just wish i got more jackpot rp cards :p thats alll i ever want. Idc about the xp boosts as promotion packs suck.

I am constantly running out of boost cards for Arena, I have quite the stockpile for Warzone though. That's why I kinda like these daily REQ packs with boosts in.

nahlakhai

Doesn't feel like there are penalties for quitting at all. 343 needs to fix that ASAP. Social playlists should help, but as soon as a game becomes 3v4 it seems like 90% of the time its an automatic loss.

tootsi666

I'm not looking forward to adjusting years of muscle memory to incorporate them. But it'll be worth it in the end! Out of interest, what actions have you mapped to the paddles? I'm gonna go with Jump and Thrust I think.
Jump, reload, weapon switch and crouch

Long term I think they should do this with Breakout:

1. Remove Breakout from Team Arena
2. Make Breakout Arena more permanent, in place of Breakout. (At this point VR Space Forge map would no longer be playable except customs)
3. Work on a ton of VR maps and make a weekly playlist in the future like a couple months down road.
4. Every now and then swap em out for each other with new maps. So when Arena breakout gets stale (The like 5 maps that came with the game) Swap in the new VR maps. Wait for more Arena Free DLC maps. Then swap Breakout Arena back in.

This makes players coming back have a bit more randomness to whats available makes more of a reason to check up on Halo every now and then to see whats available.

So just had half of my team quit in BTB and lost 100-55 as a result. Remind me what are the punishments for quitting? Because it really doesn't feel like there are any.

Team slayer 8vs4on guillotine is not fun guys

I was playing yesterday and 75% of my games, half my team quit while the other team had a full roster. Sucked the fun right out, I just shut that shit off. Did not have fun.

I say take the quit option out of multiplayer. If you really have something come up and cant play, you can quit the game because you wont be playing anyway.
Couple that with an option to surrender only if your entire team agrees. That way if you get stuck in some shit you can still choose to end it early.

And more logical playlist management separating breakout from slayer from objective etc will keep people in the gametype they actually want to play and not make them as likely to quit. I know even some people on gaf claim to quit whenever certain types of games come up, which is because arena just throws everything together.

Team Slayer
Team Objective
BTB
Breakout (Regular and Arena variants in one playlist)
FFA
Rotating/Weekend

2. Make Breakout Arena more permanent (At this point VR Space Forge map would no longer be playable except customs)
3. Work on a ton of VR maps and make a weekly playlist in the future like a couple months down road.
4. Every now and then swap em out for each other with new maps. So when Arena breakout gets stale (The like 5 maps that came with the game) Swap in the new VR maps. Wait for more Arena Free DLC maps. Then swap Breakout Arena back in.

This makes players coming back have a bit more randomness to whats available makes more of a reason to check up on Halo every now and then to see whats available.

I say remove breakout from team arena and just have one dedicated breakout playlist that includes both the regular kind and the arena kind.

Karl2177

2. Make Breakout Arena more permanent (At this point VR Space Forge map would no longer be playable except customs)

The fact that "Arena Breakout" and "Breakout Arena" are two separate things makes this more confusing than it needs to be. Can we just call this weekend's mode Neutral Flag Elimination?

NOKYARD

Trying to get used to Elite controller paddles is mindfucking me so much

I tried getting used to the paddles, hands started cramping up so I gave up.

I tell anyone who will listen. Flip the paddles to the upright position for a more comfortable fit and quicker response.
IMOl4DN.jpg

Strider

Yea I just got my elite Friday and the paddles are ridiculously sensitive so I flipped them around too. Makes a big difference.

Ramirez

But it's an instant loss on the record. That's the only part I hate. Just wish there was an option to prioritize fair starts with longer wait times as opposed to quicks starts and JiP for those of us who don't want to join already in progress matches.

Do you really care about your WZ win/loss?

Karl2177

I still need... 42 commons :/

Which comes out to around 84 bronze packs.

BAH

I have 33 commons left, not including emblems. At this point I tend to get more boosts from Bronze than I do permanent unlocks, so I've been going Silver. The other bonus of going Silver is that I'm building up my Warzone weapon collection. Have like 15 Whiplashes sitting on hand.

The problem is that i don't know how to get the REQ screen :(

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...ions/categories/customization?ownedOnly=False

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...quisitions/categories/loadout?ownedOnly=False

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...ns/categories/powerandvehicle?ownedOnly=False

The problem is that i don't know how to get the REQ screen :(

Games -> Service Record -> Requisitions.

From there you'll need to do some addition.

I have 33 commons left, not including emblems. At this point I tend to get more boosts from Bronze than I do permanent unlocks, so I've been going Silver. The other bonus of going Silver is that I'm building up my Warzone weapon collection. Have like 15 Whiplashes sitting on hand.

Yeah, you've only got a 50% chance of a permanent in a Bronze pack, so you're not necessarily saving any points going Bronze. But the chance of getting Uncommons and Rares in Silvers complicates things a little :/

Funny thing is, the Beta last year, hadnt this 30fps animations...

But i never noticed this in Cutscenes.

Leyasu

Banned

I only use two paddles.. I just cant get on with four.

I have sprint on the left and mêlée on the right.

My commons are done and I only have a handful of uncommons left. Funny thing is, the silver packs are giving me almost nothing but rares lol. I badly want Raijin (if that is what it is called) and Deadeye. There are some sexy sets in this game, but these two for me are the standouts!

They should have both.

Win a game - req pack
Play 8 games - req pack with silver teir rewards

Win 3 games in arena - req pack with silver teir rewards

Win 3 games in warzone - req pack with silver tier rewards

Weekly challenge
Play 50 games of(interchangeable playlist) - req pack with hold tier rewards

Weekend bonus - play 10 games(in the weekend hopper) to place and receive a bonus req pack in silver tier reward

Hire gosu

IHaveIce

Banned
Arena Breakout is the truth.

I still don't like how these playlists are weekend only. Should be weeklong rotations

true. Arena Breakout is better than regular Breakout.

Though a friend of mine and I had a bug were we had 6!! games in a row Regret.

Though I think some powerweapons are a little too strong in the breakout variants... the RL on Eden? Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom