• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arena Breakout is the truth.

I still don't like how these playlists are weekend only. Should be weeklong rotations

I think the intention is to make it an event; if it's all week, people procrastinate and maybe don't get on at all, but if it's a weekend you get a lot more playtime.

Arena Breakout should swap in for regular Breakout in the Arena playlist. Keep the current one in its own playlist.

Akai__

Arena Breakout is the truth.

I still don't like how these playlists are weekend only. Should be weeklong rotations

We played today for a little bit. I was so fucking bad, but got placed in Diamond. We also played against a Champion 194. That was pretty fun.

Glass

I hope Arena Breakout creates new Breakout fans who didn't like it previously, I think there's so alot of potential in a round based mode. I'd like to have a first person option when you die and spectate, wonder if its a conscious decision to not have it there?

Trup1aya

I'm never gonna get out of play 1 at this rate. Had a teammate inches away from capping the flag, turns around to help in a fire fight...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
You know you had a good game when you get nasty messages afterward. 36-5, but your salty tears are even more rewarding!

IHaveIce

Banned
true. Arena Breakout is better than regular Breakout.

Though a friend of mine and I had a bug were we had 6!! games in a row Regret.

Though I think some powerweapons are a little too strong in the breakout variants... the RL on Eden? Damn.

QFNP

Yeah I agree put Arena Breakout in the Arena playlist, normal Breakout stays in its own list

Tawpgun

I'd be fine with them removing normal breakout out of Team Arena and replacing with Arena Breakout. Sounds like the most logical thing to do.

BraXzy

I only use two paddles.. I just cant get on with four.

I have sprint on the left and mêlée on the right.

My commons are done and I only have a handful of uncommons left. Funny thing is, the silver packs are giving me almost nothing but rares lol. I badly want Raijin (if that is what it is called) and Deadeye. There are some sexy sets in this game, but these two for me are the standouts!

Yeah I think that my set up will be two paddles. I'll certainly try 4 paddles but I'll almost definitely be using 2.

I've been doing that for a time now. The thing is bronzes can give you nothing lol

They are funny, I had like 6 packs give me nothing and then 6 give me something every time. Keep at it, you'll get there :3

They should have both.

Win a game - req pack
Play 8 games - req pack with silver teir rewards

Win 3 games in arena - req pack with silver teir rewards

Win 3 games in warzone - req pack with silver tier rewards

Weekly challenge
Play 50 games of(interchangeable playlist) - req pack with hold tier rewards

Weekend bonus - play 10 games(in the weekend hopper) to place and receive a bonus req pack in silver tier reward

Hire gosu

There's soooooooooooo much they could do with it, with the REQ system now in place. I get that they are testing the waters but I wish they would hurry up and get expansive challenges in. I love things to work towards as a side thing.

Don'tHireGosuPls

Hire poodles

That was my suggestion too </3

HappyHunting

Neo Member
Sorry for not replying, was away. I play team slayer and am usually trying to stick close to team mates. I know I poke my head out all too often and can assume map positioning is a big issue as getting team shotted happens often.

Glass

After getting the art book the other day, and being super excited for the update, I decided to make a patch poster. Was going to put a date on there, but '(Week beginning) 14.12.2015 didn't look quite right! Might make it a series of posters for subsequent patches if I can think of things.
1YKEki8.jpg

After getting the art book the other day, and being super excited for the update, I decided to make a patch poster. Was going to put a date on there, but '(Week beginning) 14.12.2015 didn't look quite right! Might make it a series of posters for subsequent patches if I can think of things.

Pretty good!

Vico

Nice!
You should definitely keep them coming.

JackHerer

On my Elite I've been using the smaller bottom paddles flipped in the top slots with the bottom two slots empty. I just feel like the grip is uncomfortable with all 4 paddles in, no matter what configuration. Needs solid grip. I feel like 4 Paddles is a bit unnecessary although if they were more comfortable I would use them. I used Scufs previously and I prefer the Elite by far.

I use bumper jumper with thrust on left and zoom on the right paddles. Clicking the thumbstick on Xb1 controller feels iffy to me. It can throw off my aim so I use the paddle instead.

Hatchtag

Banned
I had an idea, and I was wondering what ya'll thought of it: how about, in breakout, there's an extra stock for each quitter on a team?

Breakout is like the mode that gets hurt the most by quitters, and i kinda wonder if something like that could work.

BraXzy

Niiiiiiiiicee! Loving it, sweet work. All you needed was a wolf/eagle hidden somewhere and you'd have referenced everything ;)

Looks nice, I really like the style.

Akai__

Nice one!

Just played a great Warzone game - only to have 6 players from the enemy team quit near the end because they didn't want to lose. Finished at 1000-780 so it wasn't even like we dominated all the way through.

I know from being on the other side of it how shitty that can be so fuck all of them. Really hoping 343 steps up the quitting penalties

You guys think well see more worlds like requiem? Sphere worlds is it?

I was really bummed how it ended in halo 4 spartan ops. Like wtf really?? I wanted to see more of that world.

JackHerer

I have gotten the "may not be enough players to support this playlist" lately in BTB. It can take a bit to find a match sometimes when it does succeed.

Is this a server issue or is there really a pop issue?

Edit: I'm located in NYC for reference.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I have gotten the "may not be enough players to support this playlist" lately in BTB. It can take a bit to find a match sometimes when it does succeed.

Is this a server issue or is there really a pop issue?

Never seen it. Based on the issues I've had with matching/live the last couple days, I'd lean towards some issue

Akai__

I was really bummed how it ended in halo 4 spartan ops. Like wtf really?? I wanted to see more of that world.

Shield Worlds? Halo Wars and Halo 4 had one so far (Halo 3's one is the Halo 4 one, so I don't count it twice). Now, I don't think Halo Wars 2 will have one again, but since (end game spoiler for Halo 5 ahead)
Halo 6 has a Halo Ring under Cortanas controll, it could end up in a situation where it gets fired and people hide in a Shield World from it's deadly pulse

And yeah, I'm still wtf'ing at the Spartan Ops ending. It's like... You create this interesting and unknown world and then there's literally one button of doom which can blow up Requiem and poops on everything you created. It was so dumb...

JackHerer

Never seen it. Based on the issues I've had with matching/live the last couple days, I'd lean towards some issue

I regularly get matched against champs as a diamond 2 player in BTB. I just had a game with 3 or 4 champs on the other team and all Diamond and platinums on mine. They were obviously a party of 8. The mismatch could be a symptom of low pop.

It kind of feels like at least half the time I am playing against a full party in BTB.

Strider

Its probably not a total population problem it's probably just because few people are ranked High in BTB. That's the same error I've seen pros get when they queue MM in the other playlists (they are champion ranked).

I'm only gold in BTB and MM is really fast.

BTB has always been really popular. Would be surprised if a few thousand people weren't playing it at all times.

Strider

Did they happen to say when their "aim fix" is coming? Is it supposed to go back to the Beta curves?

It's coming this week sometime... No exact date given. Hopefully Tuesday...

The aiming won't automatically change to beta curves but you can switch it yourself with one setting. When the update goes live switch the new aim acceleration setting from 3 to 2.

Here's a link to their blog post about the settings: Link

Just grinded out the AR commendation in WZ Assault since I never use the weapon otherwise. The long range AR feels very dirty at times, still felt SO good to go back to the magnum afterwards.

Mode definitely needs more maps though, I won't be able to play after this week since I'm going home over the holidays but by the time I'm back the January update should be about to drop so I'll hopefully have plenty of new content to be excited about (and social BTB!).

maximrace

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the forerunner built around 50 shield worlds, so the possibility is there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom