• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

It's a shame that they mentioned aim acceleration curves and other cool stuff that they were planning to add for aiming config. We're only getting acceleration so far but its a start.

link1201

It's a shame that they mentioned aim acceleration curves and other cool stuff that they were planning to add for aiming config. We're only getting acceleration so far but its a start.

They did say that they would be giving it at least one more pass so more options should be coming.

Shield Worlds? Halo Wars and Halo 4 had one so far (Halo 3's one is the Halo 4 one, so I don't count it twice). Now, I don't think Halo Wars 2 will have one again, but since (end game spoiler for Halo 5 ahead)
Halo 6 has a Halo Ring under Cortanas controll, it could end up in a situation where it gets fired and people hide in a Shield World from it's deadly pulse

And yeah, I'm still wtf'ing at the Spartan Ops ending. It's like... You create this interesting and unknown world and then there's literally one button of doom which can blow up Requiem and poops on everything you created. It was so dumb...

Yeah seriously. I was hoping for something awesome about it. Explore some of the ruins or whatever.

Hey guys see that sun? Yeah. Thnx

Edit: now thinking about halo 5 ending..

No more htt cause
all networks are now taken over from cortana right? Only makes sense with all the ai helping her now too.

Well im just pretty excited they let me know to use 2 as the aim accelleration to go back to halo 5 beta.

Howver i believe there maybe more than just aim accelleration but im no expert

I'm just asking because I can't really think of anything else myself lol. Once you have base sensitivity, acceleration, and both deadzones it seems like you have almost complete control over the mechanical aspects of the aiming.

Edit: unless you want to do something really wacky with the acceleration curve I guess, like those Elite presets.

Whelp, as Weekend Arena Breakout comes to a sad end for me tonight, I will always remember it fondly... I do personally feel that Arena Breakout is a very good gametype. I think it's much better then Breakout and should become a permanent playlist. It's the only thing I played this weekend in Halo 5 (aside from Black Ops 3). Frankie, if my being part of the Stinkles Chain Gang has any sway then please make it a permanent playlist... please.

I still say that I shouldn't have been ranked Platinum though. I just destroyed the other team in many games. Should have at least been ranked Diamond.

My updated stats for posterity (all matches done with Solo matchmaking).

zYoa1tr.jpg

343. Please fix the dam lag. You are killing me here.

Had some lag off and on tonight as well. Resulting in grenade delay and shot delay. Happened in two or three matches.

It's really frustrating you know.

It's like am shooting water bubbles. Nothing happens.

one sec the player in one place and the other is on a different one.

Yes don't worry I understand, yesterday I was making a live stream playing with my subscribers and it happened to me too, damn I can't imagine what it's going to happen on christmas day

wow the legendary beam rifle is rubbish, it's triple shot but you can't headshot with it if only one beam hits (believe me I tried) and the kick from burst fireing means you have to completely reaim your follow up shots, it's shit.

sell it for the +175 req it's not a good killing weapon.

Detective

Yes don't worry I understand, yesterday I was making a live stream playing with my subscribers and it happened to me too, damn I can't imagine what it's going to happen on christmas day

Not good.

I really hope they will fix that.

Love the game. It's the only thing I play now.

Not the campaign though:/

wow the legendary beam rifle is rubbish, it's triple shot but you can't headshot with it if only one beam hits (believe me I tried) and the kick from burst fireing means you have to completely reaim your follow up shots, it's shit.

The Beam rifle is terrible at range for head shots, it never hits when a sniper would.

Welfare

That's why all my headshots weren't headshots.

Gun fucking sucks.

Trup1aya

You know what would be a great Christmas gift? For Arena Breakout to be made a permanent playlist as part of the content update.

Or at least add it into the team arena queue...

Welfare

Arena Breakout is my favorite Arena mode, full stop. So much fun and the perfect amount of stomp and rage, this mode is so good.

Detective

The sound on this game is just crazy good.

I plugged my headphones into my Halo controller so I get all the sound from it, muted the TV. Just wow :D

I play team DM and get bopped, somehow I feel like I play better in arena breakout for some reason, maybe because i'm not being shot in the back so often.

also never play halo gone 2am you won't find local matches and just get angry, like I just did.

link1201

I played 6 games of Arena Breakout. I think it is vastly superior to regular Breakout. I also think a flag melee should be a instant kill.

Trup1aya

I played 6 games of Arena Breakout. I think it is vastly superior to regular Breakout. I also think a flag melee should be a instant kill.

I'm kind of torn. Because pulling off a perfect flagnum kill on the guy standing between you and a victory is pretty rewarding...

It's cool to be able to be on the offensive while carrying the flag. But if it were one hit kill AND flagnum, it would be OP.

link1201

I'm kind of torn. Because pulling off a perfect flagnum kill on the guy standing between you and a victory is pretty rewarding...

It's cool to be able to be on the offensive while carrying the flag. But if it were one hit kill AND flagnum, it would be OP.

Now that they have juggling back I'd be ok with no flagnum. I am just so used to having it be a one hit kill and am having a hard time in the heat of battle remembering that it isn't.

Welfare

Just remembered, what happened to the progress bar for your rank? It's still there in the background, but you have to go to Halotracker to see how far you have until you rank up.

link1201

Just remembered, what happened to the progress bar for your rank? It's still there in the background, but you have to go to Halotracker to see how far you have until you rank up.
I miss it too. You can see it on Halowaypoint too. It is the ring around your rank. I hope they add it back into the game UI.

Velikost

Anyone wanna play Arena Breakout? Trying to get ranked before the playlist goes away. Think I'm hovering around Platinum right now but no idea

The sound on this game is just crazy good.

I plugged my headphones into my Halo controller so I get all the sound from it, muted the TV. Just wow :D
I agree. I do this at night when i have enough energy. End up playing for hours because i get so much from this game. Pleasure for my eyes n ears

Man the matchmaking in this game is atrocious and discouraging. Just got matched up against two Onyx's, a Diamond, and a Platinum 6. Our highest ranked guy was a Platinum 6 with two others a lower Platinum. Another was unranked in Slayer.

I hate how we can just tell when we're playing against higher skilled players a minute or two in the game.

Madness

Do you really care about your WZ win/loss?

Of course, especially if it's displayed as prominently as it is and that I had nothing to do with a couple of the wins/losses. Nothing game changing, but I don't know, it matters. I always play to win first, and then the fun comes with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom