• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't say I'm impressed with the matchmaking. Matching groups against randoms feels like it happens a lot and I also don't feel like I'm getting matches with people at similar skill levels.

So many games I play seem to end up with scores either wildly for or against. Very rarely any hotly contested games with close scores. Am I crazy or is anyone else getting this as well?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
My live is booked. Nothing shows in the other "blades" of the live dash, I can't sync game saves, halo tells me I need to be on live to launch it. Ugh, got off work early, just want to play halo.

BraXzy

My live is booked. Nothing shows in the other "blades" of the live dash, I can't sync game saves, halo tells me I need to be on live to launch it. Ugh, got off work early, just want to play halo.

Restart everything including the kitchen sink? :(

Fathom is my favorite of the H5 launch maps. Simple, symmetrical, and a lot of ambiance. Not overcomplicated.

Replacing standard Breakout with Breakout Arena would be a huge improvement.

How about just removing breakout from the arena playlist and having both variants 50/50 under a single Breakout playlist?

op_ivy

I must be a scrub, I have fun on nearly all halo maps

Yeah, everything else is fine.

m23

With the return of the pistol and the spnkr, I think I know what's next. Bring back that grenade launcher goodness.

Trup1aya

I still can't say I'm impressed with the matchmaking. Matching groups against randoms feels like it happens a lot and I also don't feel like I'm getting matches with people at similar skill levels.

So many games I play seem to end up with scores either wildly for or against. Very rarely any hotly contested games with close scores. Am I crazy or is anyone else getting this as well?

The majority of my matches have been competitive.

Sometimes the score in strongholds matches can be lopsided, but in that gametype, one inch could be the difference between starting an 80pt run or surrendering one. The final score doesn't tell the whole story.

Edit: also noticed that when I talk and callout, my team does better, even if they aren't talking back. Sometimes, they turn their mic one because they hear me... So that helps too.

Fathom is my favorite of the H5 launch maps. Simple, symmetrical, and a lot of ambiance. Not overcomplicated.

How about just removing breakout from the arena playlist and having both variants 50/50 under a single Breakout playlist?

That would be the absolute ideal.

But they need to add modes like KOTH, VIP and Oddball into the Team Arena playlist. Otherwise you's be left with just 3 modes.

op_ivy

Just ran the network multiplayer diagnostic tool under settings and it tells me I have high pocket loss, %100.

Detailed network status looks fine, but mtu is 1500. Is that ping?

Wow, what would cause this?

some guy just 4 burst killed me with that light version of the needler from long range, is the top tier version that good or am I just being bullshitted on? they don't home in at extreme ranges.

Wait guys, is it true that social BTB has removed CTF? (Some dude on Reddit posted a pic and the description says its only Strongholds and Slayer)

8cMWjFb.jpg

this game is so bullshit right now, if the control update doesn't help me then i'm out, had enough burn from this game's terrible auto servers.

Trup1aya

I'd really like Arena breakout in the Team Arena playlist. I don't want to be subject to Breakout at all. Great gametype, just not for me.

Akai__

One night were I decide tp play BTB and I'm losing connection to the server... Why does this always happen at the worst times possible? We were just comming back from a close Strongholds game...

Come on man, you can't leave me hanging

Spill the deets!

Not much to say. He was doing the Warzone Assault exploit on us.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually hoping that the update doesn't come until Wednesday or later, because I finally got all of the Common/Uncommon/Rare REQs and don't want to have to start opening silvers again just yet.

I just want Helljumper.

Strider

Wait guys, is it true that social BTB has removed CTF?

Thers's no way to know for sure until the update is live. BTB isn't actually social yet that's just some glitch that people are seeing... Probably a byproduct of some behind the scenes stuff they do before the patch goes live.

It makes no sense for them to remove CTF from BTB so I doubt it's true.

Welfare

Not much to say. He was doing the Warzone Assault exploit on us.

TBH, I had done this several times when the glitch was posted here, but it just got boring to do and really is a bitch move.

Can't wait for it to be patched, because whenever I forget about it someone fucking does it to us.

Yay! I'm FINALLY a member of Gaf!

You guys wouldn't know this but I've been lurking and waiting for a chance to get to post with you. I've been with you since the first OP and even the sales topic.

Loving this game. I've yet to play anything else outside of 3 and 4 with my nephew besides this. It's not flawless (the story in the campaign had a few issues) but the mechanics, balance of weapons and MP more than make up for any shortcomings imho.

Anyway, this is my first post on this site and I wanted it to be in a topic with a franchise I love with you good people.

My GT is my username btw. Hope to converse and play with you guys soon.

OH MY GOD someone wanted the fuel rod that dropped I was grabbing so they plasma'd me and the enemy that last touched me got the kill, not a betrayel... is that a glitch or what???

are people doing that kind of shit in arena now?

BraXzy

You guys wouldn't know this but I've been lurking and waiting for a chance to get to post with you. I've been with you since the first OP and even the sales topic.

Loving this game. I've yet to play anything else outside of 3 and 4 with my nephew besides this. It's not flawless (the story in the campaign had a few issues) but the mechanics, balance of weapons and MP more than make up for any shortcomings imho.

Anyway,this is my first post on this site and I wanted it to be in a topic with a franchise I love with you good people.

My GT us my username btw. Hope to converse and play with you guys soon.

Welcome to the site and welcome to HaloGAF! Make yourself at home, we don't bite.
Keep your teeth at bay Samurai.

Welfare

OH MY GOD someone wanted the fuel rod that dropped I was grabbing so they plasma'd me and the enemy that last touched me got the kill, not a betrayel... is that a glitch or what???

Welcome to competitive Halo that will be one death please.

Anyway,this is my first post on this site and I wanted it to be in a topic with a franchise I love with you good people.

My GT us my username btw. Hope to converse and play with you guys soon.

nice to have you here :D add me: dark silver89

there are fun times to be had

Strider

Now? People have always done this

Anyway, this is my first post on this site and I wanted it to be in a topic with a franchise I love with you good people.

giphy.gif

That would be the absolute ideal.

But they need to add modes like KOTH, VIP and Oddball into the Team Arena playlist. Otherwise you's be left with just 3 modes.

Well yeah that's a given. It's should be embarrassing to 343 that the game even launched without the standard halo playlist set.
There's just no excuse. Someone, somewhere along the chain of corporate command, made dumbass decisions. And hopefully these mistakes are rectified sooner rather than later.

No it isnt a glitch that's just how it works. It's actually a good system under normal circumstances, it can just be taken advantage of.
If you're in a clusterfuck of a firefight you won't get booted for grazing a teammate. If an enemy has significantly damaged a player very recently it will favor attributing the death to the enemy.

Well hello there >=D welcome. And enjou your stay...

Muaahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

*dracula laugh

Too late braxzy

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

Welcome!

I remember that wait between signing up and getting in. All I wanted to do was talk about Bloodborne, but by the time I got accepted I'd already Platniumed the game at was a bit over it. It's still a good time though. Glad you're enjoying the game!

Cranster

Banned
Well yeah that's a given. It's should be embarrassing to 343 that the game even launched without the standard halo playlist set.
There's just no excuse. Someone, somewhere along the chain of corporate command, made dumbass decisions. And hopefully these mistakes are rectified sooner rather than later.
Agreed, there are atleast 7 core gametypes missing and it was foolish of them to not include them. Without them Forge will not be able to be to used to it's full potential.

What's your rank?

Also, did the Warzone RP payout get lowered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom