• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe i need to retire the ol good green thumb....

Im starting to dislike that i need more actions available faster/easier than face buttons allow. Especially with the trick jumps that require a combo

O rly. Aim - jump - (A) - hover (LT) - aim - crouch toggle*(b) - uncrouch (b) - clamber (a)

My thumb goes all ova tha place..... All ova.

Im starting to dislike that i need more actions available faster/easier than face buttons allow. Especially with the trick jumps that require a combo

O rly. Aim - jump - (A) - hover (LT) - aim - crouch toggle*(b) - uncrouch (b) - clamber (a)

You need to confess yourself to the Bumper Jumper temple. That would be LB + RS + LS + LB again, which you don't need to move your finger AT ALL.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Gah, my live issues better get sorted before cartographers gift launches. Running speed tests shows everything is fine. Google searches find a variety of widespread-ish issues with live at various times in the past, but its a bit concerning I see nothing related currently and the Xbox live status page shows 100%.

And what's with Xbox support these days? Twitter is my only contact?

BraXzy

You need to confess yourself to the Bumper Jumper temple. That would be LB + RS + LS + LB again, which you don't need to move your finger AT ALL.

Pfft, join the elite controller master race Kappa.

Gah, my live issues better get sorted before cartographers gift launches. Running speed tests shows everything is fine. Google searches find a variety of widespread-ish issues with live at various times in the past, but its a bit concerning I see nothing related currently and the Xbox live status page shows 100%.

Fingers crossed it sorts itself for you :(

Only thing I can think is redownloading the tag or something but I don't see what that'd fix :/

Fuchsdh

Well, I wasted a Whiplash immediately by dying in a game of Warzone Assault, but some powerful Void's Tear charged shots to lay down some area denial helped us clinch the win on core defense. It's probably my favorite REQ overall, even if it's not strictly the most useful.

Detective

LT zooming automatically zooms back if you are descoped, but meleeing with R stick on Helljumper (bumper jumper variant) is a pain in the ass.

Yeah...I have used the halo 4 setting will the time. Tried to switch zoom in with LT. I can play it like COD with the zoom in, but the rest of the button mapping feels weird.

Man every time that I try to pre order the Elite controller on Amazon MX they run out of stock :( at least I have my pre order on a retail store but I don't want to buy it there

(Amazon MX $126 USD + free shipping vs retail store $161 USD)

Detective

And what's with Xbox support these days? Twitter is my only contact?

Will everyone get the gift?

I hope it will be sorted out for you :)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
NgxHqqj.gif

Man every time that I try to pre order the Elite controller on Amazon MX they run out of stock :( at least I have my pre order on a retail store but I don't want to buy it there

(Amazon MX $126 USD + free shipping vs retail store $161 USD)
Walmart online had them in stock this morning... Snagged one with next day shipping for $10. Keep an eye out there they keep getting stock.

Yeah you guys were right, I was put into Onyx for FFA. Probably my highest ranking ever lol.

Can someone explain what the MMR system is all about then?

shoreu

we can be friends again G0SU i'm glad you came to the light side.

I can't wait to play infection with you guys it's gonna be so good lol.

Haruko

[lLT zooming automatically zooms back if you are descoped, but meleeing with R stick on Helljumper (bumper jumper variant) is a pain in the ass.

It worked like that in beta, but I believe they changed it for retail. Trigger scopers have to re-pull when descoped AFAIK

What is your sensitivity at, and have you been playing games like Fallout?
I keep it at 4-5 and my roommates got Battlefront recently which I've been playing with them. I started playing Halo 5 again a few nights ago and have been slowly getting worse with today being a real shitfest.

shoreu

I keep it at 4-5 and my roommates got Battlefront recently which I've been playing with them. I started playing Halo 5 again a few nights ago and have been slowly getting worse with today being a real shitfest.

Cut your sensitivity down to 3 for a few matches to calm your shot down (I'm guessing your having trouble keeping accurate shots) Go play some warzone assault to get your headshots back. Then you just have to grind back into Team slayer Cut your sensitivity back up after a few days or even hours depending on how you feel.

When it comes to Arena Placement and map knowledge is key you have to know where each fight is, how to get there, how your team is faring, and what you need to do when you get there.

For instance: If your team is in Flowers on plaza, and the enemy is in Plaza by the hydra launcher. Don't just walk into the room with them to give them support. You should instead be going (Plaza Sneaky, light rife, or Tram-station) meaning always try to cut off and surprise the enemy instead of just jumping into direct combat. Games are won by picking up every kill not just winning one on ones.

OS, and invisibility are extremely important they are each on a 2 minute timer and can easily turn the tide of a match so keep an eye on the clock and make sure your in position to get them.

I started playing like shit after too much Fallout 4 but the sensitivity trick helped me get my perfect shots back.

Tawpgun

Ugh.

Hate shit randoms so I play the smaller playlists with 2 other friends and we get romped by teams better than us.

So we switch to BTB/warzone and get fucked by shit randoms.

What a shitty halo night. Only won one game.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Plasma89/video/13253548

Yep of course the enemy eliminated him, clearly wasn't me.

I just sit there and wait to get my full clip in as they're about to die. I love taking Boss kills from the other team. So satisfying inducing that salt.

Common occurrence in Warzone. I honestly don't know how the game was let out the door balanced this way.

They knew what was going to happen. :p https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHVMi4Gf-aM

I just sit there and wait to get my full clip in as they're about to die. I love taking Boss kills from the other team. So satisfying inducing that salt.

They knew what was going to happen. :p https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHVMi4Gf-aM

Fair enough. I'm just always puzzled by design decisions that seek to undermine the player's effort rather than reward it.

If I can pump tons of ammo into an enemy, and fight off the other players trying to kill me and him in the process for a good minute, only for one shot from a freshly respawned player I happened to miss (thanks limited FOV!) to undermine all of it, what's my motivation to try? Let alone use REQ cards for it.

I'm at the point now where I don't spend REQ cards until my team has a 300 point lead, and I never use them on bosses, only on other Spartans. At least that way, I'm guaranteed to be rewarded for my efforts, even if the reward is as simple as the kill medal popping on screen.

Vico

I'm still trying to figure out what happened here. Hijacked a banshee, but got booted from it for no reason. Heck, the stranger driver actually went on my profile, and commented on that video, not knowing either. He knew I was going to make it a clip ahah. Fun times.

Also, got a couple of good moments lately
Warzone, in the middle of the fortress, controlled by the enemy :
http://xboxclips.com/ol69/292a29d0-d0c7-4a83-a26f-c877f332a5ee

Arena Breakout, two extinction medals ;
http://xboxclips.com/ol69/8d3e32a1-9728-4d4f-83da-be7abfa44c3a
http://xboxclips.com/ol69/006cf975-326d-4ad0-ac7e-068eec1da09b

I'm still trying to figure out what happened here. Hijacked a banshee, but got booted from it for no reason. Heck, the stranger driver actually went on my profile, and commented on that video, not knowing either. He knew I was going to make it a clip ahah. Fun times.

Also, got a couple of good moments lately
Warzone, in the middle of the fortress, controlled by the enemy :
http://xboxclips.com/ol69/292a29d0-d0c7-4a83-a26f-c877f332a5ee

Arena Breakout, two extinction medals ;
http://xboxclips.com/ol69/8d3e32a1-9728-4d4f-83da-be7abfa44c3a
http://xboxclips.com/ol69/006cf975-326d-4ad0-ac7e-068eec1da09b

It looks like you got knocked when he looped back under the bridge?

Check theater mode and view it from his perspective. It might actually look pretty damn swanky, if totally unintentional.

Trup1aya

Yeah you guys were right, I was put into Onyx for FFA. Probably my highest ranking ever lol.

Can someone explain what the MMR system is all about then?

It's the behind the scenes calculations that determines who you should matched against.

Sometimes it differs a bit from Rank, because 1) there is no deranking, 2) quitters are screw with the ranking system, but the MMR will be based on games completed.

So if you're a platinum who went up against a diamond, it could be because your MMR is approaching diamond levels, and your opponents MMR is approaching platinum levels. You can't assume just by looking at the ranks that it's a bad matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom