• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just keep close to Team Frankie members. >=D

Well keep you safe.

ce121c5ef80c0fec04c71eae6e7a0bfebb2aca8ea3eda000e13450bf7cbd1733.jpg

you gun pay up doe

is that why I only got 100 req points in my daily? fuck sake 343 give us a bone. Are you that worried that 400 req extra per day is going to put you out of business? your matchmaking is already doing that for you.
I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere. I'm not sure if I'm remembering wrong since I haven't played in a few weeks. I was getting somewhere between 1000-1200 per game. Today, I got 500 and 900.

I just learned that the infection isn't in the game. Holy hell, 343. I've been a part of your defence force for a while now but that's 6 levels of stupid. That's after they neutered infection in Halo 4 too.

Trup1aya

is that why I only got 100 req points in my daily? fuck sake 343 give us a bone. Are you that worried that 400 req extra per day is going to put you out of business? your matchmaking is already doing that for you.

Apparently payout reductions were a glitch associated with testing for the next update

With the return of the pistol and the spnkr, I think I know what's next. Bring back that grenade launcher goodness.
Weapons:
Grenade Launcher
Variants: Standard, Explode on impact like the Gungoose​
Sticky Detonator
Variants: Remote Mines, Proximity Mines​

Vehicles:
Falcon
Variants: Chaingun, Grenade Launcher, Gauss
(lololololololol)
Chopper
Variants: Standard, high velocity Spiker rounds​

Detective

This is what I have to put up with:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LEWAA 10/video/13248004

I mean what am I supposed to do here? Move to US?

I've never been angry at a halo game before . It used to be fun playing.

First day Xbox and halo fan here and am about to give it all up because of you. First it was MCC ( Which I got a refund for right before H5 launch) and now this.

I understand it works for you guys but what about the rest?

I've dedicated my playing time for Halo, And now almost every time I play it I just want to smash it along with the XBOX H5 edition. Which I bought just for Halo even though I have another one.

Would you please, look into it? Acknowledge the issue?

of course i'm going to moan when a full priced digital download I can't get a refund on can't manage to pair up people well outside of america, I nearly waited it out after the MCC issues but bought it day 1 anyway, and of course microsoft suddenly launch a rewards campaign for people who buy the game after day 1 leaving preorder guys high and dry.

I can only go so far before I give up completely, I want to love halo and I used too with halo 1 through reach but this... i'm still angry at 343 removing regional server selection becuase it's just not working very well in automatic mode.

Oh and while I was typing this my controller disconnected because that's yet another xbox issue that will not go away and microsoft seem to ignore it's fault.

Honestly, I love H5G's latent priority-kill system where if you damage an enemy and they fall off the map you get it, if you're spartan charging teammates and they get headshotted you don't get a betrayal, etc. I'm pretty sure it's been in since at least Halo 3, but it's definitely the most prevalent in H5G.

How is this bad matchmaking?

That looks like it was a fairly good match to me, why the complaints?

It's my only my third match in FFA. My highest rank in H5 is Diamond 2 and that's only in SWAT. Everything else is Platinum. I am not good at Halo. Only CTF and objective based modes where it's more about strategy than kills.

Now unless the ranking tiers are lowered in FFA, I shouldn't be matched up with Onyx's should I?

First day Xbox and halo fan here and am about to give it all up because of you. First it was MCC ( Which I got a refund for right before H5 launch) and now this.

I've dedicated my playing time for Halo, And now almost every time I play it I just want to smash it along with the XBOX H5 edition. Which I bought just for Halo even though I have another one.

It's really disappointing that Halo 5 doesn't use the same system as TitanFall did, which let players select the server closest to them.

I'm in Western Canada on a 100/10 line, and the lag I get at times is simply unacceptable for a game in 2015.

jem0208

It's my only my third match in FFA. My highest rank in H5 is Diamond 2 and that's only in SWAT. Everything else is Platinum. I am not good at Halo. Only CTF and objective based modes where it's more about strategy than kills.

Now unless the ranking tiers are lowered in FFA, I shouldn't be matched up with Onyx's should I?
Ranks in FFA and SWAT are massively over inflated.

Your matching isn't even based off of your rank. It's a separate system called MMR, you definitely shouldn't be complaining about a match like that. Just ignore the symbols next to the names.

Ramirez

I think basically everyone in FFA is Onyx, I wouldn't put much thought into it.

The lag is getting ridiculous. To the point were i play couple games and realize its unplayable. Then i don't end touch halo 5 for at least a couple day. And then rinse and repeat.

Such a great game but this ruins it. I live in Canada and have wired connection to the xbox.

link1201

I live about in the middle of the US and I get that more than I'd like. On Sunday it was almost unplayable for the last few games I played. I do hope they make it better for everyone but it's not perfect for those in the US either.

Detective

It's really disappointing that Halo 5 doesn't use the same system as TitanFall did, which let players select the server closest to them.

I'm in Western Canada on a 100/10 line, and the lag I get at times is simply unacceptable for a game in 2015.

I got the same speed here.

Its really unacceptable. Disappointing. I would never have thought in my life that halo would make me feel like this . Never. Not Halo.

Haruko

Oh and while I was typing this my controller disconnected because that's yet another xbox issue that will not go away and microsoft seem to ignore it's fault.

FWIW, a survey up on the dashboard Preview Program app was asking about users experiencing the controller DC bug

Detective

The lag is getting ridiculous. To the point were i play couple games and realize its unplayable. Then i don't end touch halo 5 for at least a couple day. And then rinse and repeat.

Such a great game but this ruins it. I live in Canada and have wired connection to the xbox.

It's really sad to hear that.

I live about in the middle of the US and I get that more than I'd like. On Sunday it was almost unplayable for the last few games I played. I do hope they make it better for everyone but it's not perfect for those in the US either.

Well.. It seems there are a problem. Are they aware of it?

Trup1aya

You held your own... You were 4 kills away from winning. You had the second lowest amount of deaths. Sounds like you were matched against the right folks...

Folks really have to lose their enfatuation with the rank emblems, and focus on the quality of that match. That was a good match.

Detective

It's been reported since launch, and they've been trying fixes every now and then to improve it but I think we really just need a datacenter picker/ping display.

So maybe it will take time or it will not be fixed. Unless a datacenter picker which it will never happen.

We're how many weeks post launch though, and there are STILL people who think trying to cap a base is a better use of their time than contributing to killing Warden Eternal in a close match in the 700s.

I just.... it blows my mind.

Yeah - BC boy here, and the lag is often times horrendous.

But TF has always been butter... so I just don't understand (plz).

Trup1aya

343 I thinks they are so slick... Putting these RP/XP boosts in the daily win pack... Tryna trick me into playing more...

it works

Detective

What kinda controller setting most of you use? Anyone playing with the default setting like COD? Am using Halo 4 setting.

But maybe it's faster to aim with the default? With the left trigger ? What so you guys think?

BraXzy

I wish they gave at least one perm item though.

That'd be quite nice since it'd be like half a silver pack kind of, but with boosts to keep you playing instead of REQ cards to burn.

What kinda controller setting most of you use? Anyone playing with the default setting like COD? Am using Halo 4 setting.

But maybe it's faster to aim with the default? With the left trigger ? What so you guys think?

I'm a Default scrub, I just couldn't get used to Bumper Jumper again and my bumper is really finnicky anyway.

Elite Controller for Christmas though so my thumbs won't really leave the thumbsticks :D

Holy shit, GET OUT OF THE DOORWAY, you worthless, pointless, witless, B-tier AI!

Has any developer, between campaign and multiplayer EVER made worse 'allied' AI than 343i? My fucking GOD.

Hehe. Arena game...

3 v 4

We were down a man. Rekt them so hard 3 of their teammates quit. Lol. So we had to wait till it was over cause one guy wanted to stay and hide.... -_-

Buy man those first few mins were so satisfying. Felt like a true gosu for a moment.

Edit: are the bumbers on the elite controller the same as the 3.5m jack ones? (lunar, etc)

i prefer the og style bumpers

Noble Team says hello.

I don't remember any of the AI in Reach setting up camp in the doorway and essentially refusing to let your desperate, running-for-cover ass through.

But then, there weren't THAT many Reach environments with traditional tight doorways. Bungie seemed smart enough to ensure most of the environments were pretty wide, even for interior environmental bottlenecks.

343i on the other hand.... feels like the artists bullied the designers in a lot of cases. Lots of pointless decorative nonsense interfering with moment-to-moment gameplay.

mo60

I got the same speed here.

Its really unacceptable. Disappointing. I would never have thought in my life that halo would make me feel like this . Never. Not Halo.

I also live in Western Canada and I do sometimes weird lag spikes but my internet is way slower than your guy's internet. My internet speed is 15mb down/0.5 up on average even though I get a faster download speed on my xbox one. I haven't played the game in a few days and I can test to see if I get the same issue as you guys.

Detective

That'd be quite nice since it'd be like half a silver pack kind of, but with boosts to keep you playing instead of REQ cards to burn.

I'm a Default scrub, I just couldn't get used to Bumper Jumper again and my bumper is really finnicky anyway.

Elite Controller for Christmas though so my thumbs won't really leave the thumbsticks :D

Hmmm..haven't tried that. Am using the old method. Zoom in with the right stick .

Any one here still using that?

Maybe it's faster to zoom with RT? :/

Trup1aya

I wish they gave at least one perm item though.

Oh me too, but I guess this is their way of dangling the carrot. They won't give me the item, but they give me things that will help me get the item at a slightly faster pace.

It's encouraging me to play a few games more every day than I normally would... Hell normally, I wouldn't play ever day (I really don't have time).

Hmmm..haven't tried that. Am using the old method. Zoom in with the right stick .

Any one here still using that?

Maybe it's faster to zoom with RT? :/

LT zooming automatically zooms back if you are descoped, but meleeing with R stick on Helljumper (bumper jumper variant) is a pain in the ass.

Madness

Yeah - BC boy here, and the lag is often times horrendous.

But TF has always been butter... so I just don't understand (plz).

Haven't noticed much lag at all yet. Working flawless for me. Only some issues when they have server issues like slow to connect or the REQ system not up.

Leyasu

Banned
So maybe it will take time or it will not be fixed. Unless a datacenter picker which it will never happen.

If the social playlists don't let us choose where we matchmake when there is no rank bullshit excuse, then yeah it is never coming. I don't understand why they fucking refuse to give people the opportunity to have the best experience possible??

For you north Americans, I have been noticing you guys more and more getting shafted on EU servers. I'm sorry to say it, but it is quite amusing hearing you guys not understanding why you got three shotted, but the other people need five shots lol.

Personally, my experience is getting better and better. To the stage where I rarely even check where I am playing. This shit still needs to be addressed pronto though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom