• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its all relative, but what controller schemes do people think are the best? I've been running 10 outer and 8 inner and its still hit and miss sometimes (or you know im just bad now)

Siiiiigh.

Getting gunned down 3-on-1 five or ten seconds after spawning is getting real old...

I know its all relative, but what controller schemes do people think are the best? I've been running 10 outer and 8 inner and its still hit and miss sometimes (or you know im just bad now)

Sensitivity 3
Aim accel 2
Inner deadzone 0
Outer deadzone 5

Sometimes I feel that the pistol fires a little too quickly, I said this before i'm sure but it's such a fast weapon.

I have a LOT of problems with Halo 5, but if there's one thing I think 343i absolutely nailed it's the balance of the weapons - and the precision weapons in particular.

The pistol's fire rate ensures it's still viable against the lines of the BR, DMR, Carbine, etc. With a slower fire rate, it's just a less effective DMR, really.

You've got to be good, but if you nail your shots, that fire rate lets you content with BRs, Carbines and BRs if you can navigate the battle into closer range. At longer range, they all seem to destroy the pistol.

The only precision weapon I would consider making a change to is the Carbine. And not much of a change, just one shot less for a perfect. I don't feel like it has the same auto-aim advantage as the BR, yet doesn't have the same fire-rate/TTK advantage of the pistol, and it doesn't have the range of the DMR either. It's stuck in limbo.

Although, to be honest, I think scrapping the Carbine for the Needle Rifle would have been the best choice, because the Needle Rifle actually brought something new to the party with its option for a super combine with a bunch of extra shots if you felt you couldn't nail the headshot.

The Carbine just feels like a cheap DMR knockoff at this point, design-wise (and yes, I realize the Carbine came first, but DMR is bae).

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I just got recognized by some dude in a bar. His GF however was wearing the most wtf expression of all time. Now he has to explain all this to her. I hope I didn't destroy a romance.

JackHerer

;)

Sens 4
Accell 2
Inner 0 (if u have drift increase by 1 until it stops)
Outer 8

U can thank me later

Is there a particular reason why you have your outer DZ at 8% or is that just what your controller required? I use exactly the same setting except 2% outer DZ and it really is godly.

Still only played Noctus once :( I also wish there was an Assault version of it. I can't stop using the classic BR, and even though the long shot is generally more useful on the huge WZ maps, the classic scope feels/looks so nice while zoomed.

I just got recognized by some dude in a bar. His GF however was wearing the most wtf expression of all time. Now he has to explain all this to her. I hope I didn't destroy a romance.
Once his gf saw that little sparkle in his eye for you, it's all downhill from there. Way to go.

singhr1

Did he say that you played a Janitor in a famous Sci-Fi Epic? Cause I don't know where else he'd recognize you.

Also, didn't know this was a way to splatter. Gunner didn't know what was comin
HyDfneW.gif

Caja 117

I booted up Reach because I needed to update my service record with my new gamertag, so I Decided to put one game, slayer elite in a forge map all grey.....bloom, sub hd and a weird framerate (guess is the emulator) yup, thats Reach.

Is there a particular reason why you have your outer DZ at 8% or is that just what your controller required? I use exactly the same setting except 2% outer DZ and it really is godly.

Still only played Noctus once :( I also wish there was an Assault version of it. I can't stop using the classic BR, and even though the long shot is generally more useful on the huge WZ maps, the classic scope feels/looks so nice while zoomed.

I just feel like if it have it at zero i havr to pegg the stick. I dont push it out that far and i think the 8% is the sweet spot.

You knownwhat i meaannn

BraXzy

At least she didn't say something like "Oh hey look, there's that weird janitor" lmao.

Did he say that you played a Janitor in a famous Sci-Fi Epic? Cause I don't know where else he'd recognize you.

Also, didn't know this was a way to splatter. Gunner didn't know what was comin
HyDfneW.gif

LOL, the vehicle physics in this game are just.... yikes.

He t-bones you, and his vehicle gets the worst of it?

K.

Clearly nobody at 343i has ever been in or seen or researched a car accident in their lives.

And was that an ONI hog to boot?

Wow. Way to reward those REQ point expenditures.

:facepalm:

Chittagong

Gold Member
Two really weird things have happened

1 - my Slayer rank has been reset
2 - my banner and icon are someone elses

Anyone know what's going on?

singhr1

K.

Clearly nobody at 343i has ever been in or seen or researched a car accident in their lives.

I actually think it was a normal one, just in bad lighting. Can't really tell from the clip. He took a beating from two warthog gunners b4 this too so he wasn't in as good condition as mine.
Also, it's Halo physics like who cares if its not super realistic... what car has wonky Warthog driving physics in the real world anyway.

K.

That isn't even a T-bone they were nearly head on and in my experience that gif is no different then 2 warthogs colliding in all halo games from 3 on.

I actually think it was a normal one, just in bad lighting. Can't really tell from the clip. He took a beating from two warthog gunners b4 this too so he wasn't in as good condition as mine.
Also, it's Halo physics like who cares if its not super realistic... what car has wonky Warthog driving physics in the real world anyway.

Fair enough. I know it would irritate the hell out of me if I crashed my warthog into the passenger door of another Warthog and it was my car that went flying.

Caja 117

K.

Thats not nice considering you dont know if someone at 343 might had lost a loved one in a car accident.

Siiiiigh.

Getting gunned down 3-on-1 five or ten seconds after spawning is getting real old

If you are complaining about getting shot 10 seconds after respawning, then you never played Halo before.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
My most played is Gears of War: UE at 132 hours but that was because I got my Xbox One around September.

Have 112 hours logged into Halo 5. Haven't played much Gears since Halo 5 came out and have managed to beat The Witcher 3, Ori and put 20 hours or so into MGSV.

I have almost 30,000 in Req points. Do I get 3 Gold packs, 1 Gold pack and 4 Silver etc.? Normally I always buy Gold packs, have a lot of certs like DMR, Scorpion, Ghost Ultra but I've heard so many differing opinions on whether it's better to spend Req points on Gold packs, Silver packs or a combo of both.

My most played is Gears of War: UE at 132 hours but that was because I got my Xbox One around September.

Have 112 hours logged into Halo 5. Haven't played much Gears since Halo 5 came out and have managed to beat The Witcher 3, Ori and put 20 hours or so into MGSV.

I have almost 30,000 in Req points. Do I get 3 Gold packs, 1 Gold pack and 4 Silver etc.? Normally I always buy Gold packs, have a lot of certs like DMR, Scorpion, Ghost Ultra but I've heard so many differing opinions on whether it's better to spend Req points on Gold packs, Silver packs or a combo of both.
The only right thing to do is buy all gold packs. You could get mark IV. You know you want to.

BraXzy

If you want to unlock everything, and give your gold packs more chance of being good, the tried and true formula is start on Bronzes and work up.

So if you have commons left, open Bronzes till you get a REQ point card. Then open Silvers till all Rares are unlocked etc.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Haha, I think I blew it. Once the MP mode failed to load my Slayer rank and I started from zero, I played a few games before posting for advice. Now after reset I am still at the low rank, so it seems to have overwritten my old rank. Well, at least I get my K/D up substantially now :D

BraXzy

The funny thing about that site is the images are just backgrounds with text written over it, I nearly posted all my pics as just templates :L

Cool site though. Love stat tracking stuff like this.

mo60

WOAH WOAH WOAH

HaloGAF company has a bronze amongst its midst?

Who is it? So we can expel this embarrassment amongst our most elite of organisations.

:D

I'm the lone bronze player. I'm technically bronze 3 right now.Also even though I don't really care about my arena K/D I got it above 1 recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom