• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

Thats not nice considering you dont know if someone at 343 might had lost a loved one in a car accident.

If you are complaining about getting shot 10 seconds after respawning, then you never played Halo before.

You're talking to a guy who just called them 'waddling retards' a day or two ago and then edited it later.

So I think I'm pretty screwed now. I was playing Slayer with some friends and they were ranked in the low Silvers but I hadn't played any yet this season. Previously I was Gold 4-5 and I was just wrecking house in the games with my friends last night. After my 10 games I'm ranked Platinum 5...

I normally queue solo so now I'm going to be put up against players that are way better than me and I'm really not going to be enjoying it. Gold 4-5 was competitive for me and I tended to have close games, I feel like I'm pretty much doomed to get donged repeatedly.

I been able to really play for the first time today for 2 weeks. So rusty. Still trying to adjust my settings for the new controls.

Yeah its a bit tough finding your sweet zone when there are more options now. I see it as i want as much analog input with my sticks so i have my inner at 0. My lunar doesnt drift when im not touching it so it feels great. I have my outer at 8 because i dont ever push my stick all the way to the edge that much for that long so in my theory at 0 would require me to hold it longer at the pegged state to do my turn.

Good luck on finding your settings.

Idk if these will work for you

Sens 4
Accel 2
Inner 0
Outer 8

Those are my setting. Brought me back to my beta days of perfects everywhere.

The season rank thing is murdering me. Played my ten games and im plat 5.... My highest before was plat 1 all solo and my ten games werent event me doing that well. I just got back into slayer after spending the last month in btb...

Im getting demolished vs these guys. I gotta go play non ranked now cuz i cant solo vs these guys with actual fire teams who are ranked 60-80... Wtf. Im only level 29 by xp...

Platinum by name, not by game... :(

arimanius

Yeah its a bit tough finding your sweet zone when there are more options now. I see it as i want as much analog input with my sticks so i have my inner at 0. My lunar doesnt drift when im not touching it so it feels great. I have my outer at 8 because i dont ever push my stick all the way to the edge that much for that long so in my theory at 0 would require me to hold it longer at the pegged state to do my turn.

Good luck on finding your settings.

Idk if these will work for you

Sens 4
Accel 2
Inner 0
Outer 8

Those are my setting. Brought me back to my beta days of perfects everywhere.

Awesome I'll give them a try.

Right now I'm doing

Sens 3
Acc 1
inner 0
outer 0

Hatchtag

Banned
Forge or no, I'm really digging btb.

Same. It'd be better with more maps and some more developer-made maps/tools (as impressive as forge is, there's never going to be fan-made elephants), but the core gameplay is amazingly solid. I want them to add a one flag pretty badly, though.

BraXzy

Once again. Quitting all games on Fathom. I vote with my playtime.

I get that you might not like the map.. but this is so illogical. If you're voting with your playtime and quitting to play on a map you like, you are only going to end up being banned for longer than said match on Fathom.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Same. It'd be better with more maps and some more developer-made maps/tools (as impressive as forge is, there's never going to be fan-made elephants), but the core gameplay is amazingly solid. I want them to add a one flag pretty badly, though.

It is known

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
With Forge now released, I think it's time HaloGAF Customs return. Thoughts? Who will be the knight in shining armor?

Chitown B

riddle me this:

my buddy and I both played 10 qualifying games together on Breakout. I did better than him in kills and K/D on nearly all games, (and we won 8 out of 10) yet he ranks Gold 3 and I rank Silver 2. WTF? I call BS on "all that matters is wins" or even that wins + kills or wins + KD is the qualifier. Makes no sense.

Anybody know if there's a way to turn off Power Weapon alerts in custom games? Some of us don't want the Halo equivalent of Navi from Zelda letting everybody know it's time to grab the sniper rifle.

riddle me this:

my buddy and I both played 10 qualifying games together on Breakout. I did better than him in kills and K/D on nearly all games, (and we won 8 out of 10) yet he ranks Gold 3 and I rank Silver 2. WTF? I call BS on "all that matters is wins" or even that wins + kills or wins + KD is the qualifier. Makes no sense.

The matchmaking in this game is nonsense.

So has 343i said anything about the Warzone PvE last-hit mechanic changing? I feel like the last hit point attribution has been universally negatively received.

If it was Overgrowth I'd sort of understand but Fathom? It's one of the better maps.

I can't stand Promethean grenades and Fathom seems to have an infinite amount of them, and not only that, but the central mechanic of Fathom is grenade spam on the ramps. It's extremely unfun.

I can't stand Promethean grenades and Fathom seems to have an infinite amount of them, and not only that, but the central mechanic of Fathom is grenade spam on the ramps. It's extremely unfun.
You know what's unfun?
Radar
, especially in Doubles on Overgrowth with the Sword, Shotgun, Camo and Toggle Crouch Warriors™

BradC00

people complaining about match making should play R6: Siege...I've been waiting for the last 20 minutes looking for a 10th player...

Raide

With Forge now released, I think it's time HaloGAF Customs return. Thoughts? Who will be the knight in shining armor?

They will gloriously return to test out some crazy Forge inventions.

We should do some Forge themed events and see what we can come up with.

minx

Something is up with the rotation in the game. Why is the same map being played 5 times in a row? Why can I not remember the last time I defended the spire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom