• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Own it! I feel like i should be high platinum or low diamond, but right now I'm gold 3 lol... scrub status confirmed :D

Are you streaming today? I'll turn it on at work if you are.

EDIT:

I guess he was the first to switch teams. Was it also right before the tournament? Seems fitting that EG won in the end and beat the team Lethul switched to, and that Allegiance beat RNG to take 3rd - leaving Stellur (Renegades) out of any prize money. Maybe i'm the jerk lol.

EG literally poached Commonly from Renegades. Stellur went to Renegades. They don't deserve that. :-(

Akai__

First match as a Onyx 1501 and I get immediately matched against a Champion 104? WTF?!

Own it! I feel like i should be high platinum or low diamond, but right now I'm gold 3 lol... scrub status confirmed :D

Are you streaming today? I'll turn it on at work if you are.

Not today, sorry.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I can't argue against that. As long as WL is the main factor I think this system will be accurate...

either way though, this system will gain accuracy over time.

Looking at the CSR distribution for last season the bell curve looks pretty good for every playlist except Swat, so I'd say it's working mostly as intended.

Like last season, the number of people stuck in Lvl 1 of there division looks hire than ideal. But that's a symptom of the inability to rank down.

Appears I'm middle of the pack at Gold 6 last season, which is honestly astounding given with how bad I am.

jem0208

Because he ditched optic gaming right before x-games. I know players move around to different teams all the time, but it was kind of a dick move on his part to do it right before a tournament. Being completely new to following the pro-scene, i've developed a liking to flamesword. His personality is so even-keel and I love his awareness when he plays. He basically knows what is going on at all times. It's impressive to watch.
Stellur told Flamesword about the offer as soon as he received it and FS actually told him to take it. This was one of the least shady of the moves caused by Hurricane Lethul. Stellur even stayed in the Optic house for a few days after he left the team and he still regularly plays with FS.

This definitely wasn't a dick move on his part.

Optic weren't even going to X-games either.

m23

I don't know what 343 has done the last couple of weeks, but I've been getting some real laggy games. Launch was perfect, so this is really weird. Really makes me not want to play when this shit happens.

EG literally poached Commonly from Renegades. Stellur went to Renegades. They don't deserve that. :-(

Stellur told Flamesword about the offer as soon as he received it and FS actually told him to take it. This was one of the least shady of the moves caused by Hurricane Lethul. Stellur even stayed in the Optic house for a few days after he left the team and he still regularly plays with FS.

This definitely wasn't a dick move on his part.

Optic weren't even going to X-games either.
See I obviously don't know the whole story. Nice that Stellur was up front about everything, but it still put Optic Gaming in a bad spot. And I didn't know about commonly getting snatched up by EG. What happened there?

See I obviously don't know the whole story. Nice that Stellur was up front about everything, but it still put Optic Gaming in a bad spot. And I didn't know about commonly getting snatched up by EG. What happened there?
Once lethul left, EG initially asked naded but naded refused.

Then they asked commonly because he was their second choice and commonly agreed.

Nutter

Dear 343, stop matching me up against Onyx teams in placement matches. Thanks.

If your MMR is high enough from last season there is no reason for it to it not match you up against onyx players. Every single placement match I have played this season has been against 1700+ onyx and champion players.

#gitgud

Akai__

Used a mission victory boost... Won the game... No bonus :(

Since we were in the same game... I used a Rare RP Jackpot and got 1100 RP total, which is what I always get without boosts. Servers acting up?

Anyways, sorry for bailing on you. I need to grab some food.

Trup1aya

Since we were in the same game... I used a Rare RP Jackpot and got 1100 RP total, which is what I always get without boosts. Servers acting up?

Anyways, sorry for bailing on you. I need to grab some food.

Don't worry I left too, my kid woke up :(

MaGlock

You guys talking about dropping victory who do you think they can add to close the gap between RNG and the top 3 squads? Probably any of the 4 on liquid but I doubt they would leave after just setting the lineup

Back to D6! If you want something done right, do it yourself.

Screenshot-Original.png

If your MMR is high enough from last season there is no reason for it to it not match you up against onyx players. Every single placement match I have played this season has been against 1700+ onyx and champion players.

#gitgud

lol I still can't believe you qualified higher onyx than me last night after those performances ;)

#gitgud

MaGlock

Finished my bronze packs today after screwing around in silver with the occasional gold. Still have like 35 uncommon and uncounted rares. Need to seriously grind to not get stuck with the junk reqs in the coming months

Finished my bronze packs today after screwing around in silver with the occasional gold. Still have like 35 uncommon and uncounted rares. Need to seriously grind to not get stuck with the junk reqs in the coming months
I have 9 common cards left to unlock. I want that 2nd stance and the game is going to give it to me as the very last common unlock... I just know it.

Ramirez

GDS blows once skill matching kicks in, lol. I've just went back to Arena/Slayer, 10 is too many, and I'm still getting sweaty matches, so what's the point?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Lol just had a match where a teammate spartan charged me off spawn because I took his smg of all things. So, I proceed to drop his shields and get him killed by the enemy and he is LIVID. Cussing me out on his mic, talking trash, all that shit. I put my mic and and call him on his own shit starting it and tell him to relax and he kills his mic.

Best part though, after the match I get a voice msg from him saying "lol bro, you fucked up! I work at 343 and your ass is getting IP banned!"

Ahahaha

Can someone link me to the HCS rosters?
https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHalo/comments/43tdlp/hcs_halo_teams_list_february_2016/
http://halo.esportspedia.com/

EDIT:
Lol just had a match where a teammate spartan charged me off spawn because I took his smg of all things. So, I proceed to drop his shields and get him killed by the enemy and he is LIVID. Cussing me out on his mic, talking trash, all that shit. I put my mic and and call him on his own shit starting it and tell him to relax and he kills his mic.

Best part though, after the match I get a voice msg from him saying "lol bro, you fucked up! I work at 343 and your ass is getting IP banned!"

Ahahaha
Wuuut? Some people are ridiculous. You should have told him that you'll have Frankie get right on that lol.

I'd agree I've put in over 3 days in war zone/arena and about 45% overall, I get you want people to spend money but dang man
Yeah I've been having fun going through bronze packs since you can basically open 1-2 packs a game and the number of common unlocks aren't too bad. But once I switch over to silver it's gonna be pretty yuck trying to go through common through ultra rare at 5000 req points a pop.

Top Bottom