• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Yeah I've been having fun going through bronze packs since you can basically open 1-2 packs a game and the number of common unlocks aren't too bad. But once I switch over to silver it's gonna be pretty yuck trying to go through common through ultra rare at 5000 req points a pop.

you can do it - I play somewhat casually and didn't spend a dime until clearing silvers.

edit: and g0su, I got the shinobi helm & armor in my 94 gold pack spree two days ago :)

MaGlock

Yeah I've been having fun going through bronze packs since you can basically open 1-2 packs a game and the number of common unlocks aren't too bad. But once I switch over to silver it's gonna be pretty yuck trying to go through common through ultra rare at 5000 req points a pop.

I saved up for a gold pack a few days ago and got 2 uncommons so I decided to grind out bronze only too learn I Need to grind silvers for the rest of the uncommon

MaGlock

So I can't say I'm clean on not buying anything since I did support the HCS pack and I don't even use those skins : / but I am seriously debating buying the cosmetic pack am I bad gaf?

Madness

So I can't say I'm clean on not buying anything since I did support the HCS pack and I don't even use those skins : / but I am seriously debating buying the cosmetic pack am I bad gaf?

O1gjZDF.jpg
ewUWznQ.jpg

No you're not bad, 343 gonna eat good once the new premium pack drops. Guaranteed cosmetics for Arena, you know a lot of people will buy it.

Akai__

No, you are not bad. It's your money. You are also supporting the devs, the pro players and the overall community with that.

BraXzy

No you're not bad, 343 gonna eat good once the new premium pack drops. Guaranteed cosmetics for Arena, you know a lot of people will buy it.

I mean.. It's tempting me. Gotta be honest. 14*3 cosmetic unlocks would get me pretty close to finishing my REQ collection customisation wise.

I saved up for a gold pack a few days ago and got 2 uncommons so I decided to grind out bronze only too learn I Need to grind silvers for the rest of the uncommon
Yep this will be me. I'm not sure i want to get any gold packs until all the uncommons are unlocked - only that will take 12 months lol.

EDIT:
What is the cosmetic pack? Is that the arena thing for like 25 bucks?

I repped the Noble helmet for a good while but I've gotta say, the Hunter helmet combined with Raijin Stormstrike armour is badass.

I'm waiting for some more Mythic Legendary stuff, c'monnnnnn Arena REQ bundle.

Why some of those legendary armors look basic tho.. :3

Trup1aya

I know the DMR whining is getting old. But I just realized I have about 150 rare items and none of them are DMRs.

Statisitcally, if all of these items classified rare actually have the same probability of being unlocked, my current situation would be extremely unlikely.

I repped the Noble helmet for a good while but I've gotta say, the Hunter helmet combined with Raijin Stormstrike armour is badass.

I'm waiting for some more Mythic Legendary stuff, c'monnnnnn Arena REQ bundle.

I'm going hunter as soon as I unlock it - only like 10 more ultra rare armors left, then alllll legendary baby

BraXzy

I know the DMR whining is getting old. But I just realized I have about 150 rare items and none of them are DMRs.

Statisitcally, if all of these items classified rare actually have the same probability of being unlocked, my current situation would be extremely unlikely.

Thats so unfortunate :/

I am one of the luckiest players because I got week 1. What is your SR? Have you been doing the Silver -> Gold method?

BraXzy

Finding 0 matches in SWAT atm, there's gotta be some Diamond+ SWAT players online atm? Is this what it feels like for pro's searching in Team Arena :L

Yeah it's really crazy that it takes most people so long to unlock it. It's not exactly a power weapon, so it should be easier to get imo.

Trup1aya

Thats so unfortunate :/

I am one of the luckiest players because I got week 1. What is your SR? Have you been doing the Silver -> Gold method?

I'm SR65. I know of several folks who didn't get it until 80 or better.

I actually started with bronze, I jumped to silver before I completed bronze, and have been doing silver ever since.

Interestingly, I still have 8 common unlocks to get, but haven't gotten a single common item in any of my silver packs...

I'm just beating odds I guess...

Yeah it's really crazy that it takes most people so long to unlock it. It's not exactly a power weapon, so it should be easier to get imo.

I'm cool with it being Rare... It just seems like it's more rare than all the other weapons classified as rare. I have 11of18 rare helmets and 0of6 rare DMRs statistically that makes no sense to me, if rarities are identical.

I got the hunter armor on now :p

Hah!
Not that I have as much armor unlocked as the rest of you, but so far I haven't strayed from the operator armor and mark VI helm. It just looks too good and old school to switch. Seriously, doesn't get any more sexy than this:
F0XBpDm.png

EDIT: Woohoo my plan is working! Let the interwebs vanity begin :D

I've been rocking the ATLAS armor. Pretty great stuff.

spartan

EDIT: Man, I don't know what it is about the web renders, but they make the visors (all of it in general really, but especially the visors) look like shit.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Helioskrill is still the best aside from Fred's armor or Achilles. I've no desire to spend money. I'd rather they had more unlockable armor

The fact that Denver is winning this game right now is vomit inducing. Lucking their way into the SB is a joke.
I was tempted to post a speed test from work, but i'll be good.
mayyybe ;)

Top Bottom