• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Played a game on overgrowth today. Yeah... not sure I like that map. I got mega donged on. Then I got empire and immediately proceeded to have a much better game while frolicking around with the storm rifle.

BraXzy

Personally, prob somewhere between Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer and League of Legends in terms of microtransactions, lol.

These are the only 3 games I've ever spent extra $ on like this, mostly because of how much playtime I put into each

Heh... That's probably the exact description I'd give too, but swap out League for Dota.

blamite

I'm really loving the Standoff remake in BTB! Can't wait for Nokyard's final version to make it into matchmaking!
UI updates are not massive but instead are nice touches that improve the overall experience.
So... +2 to all font sizes? (Please!)

Played a game on overgrowth today. Yeah... not sure I like that map. I got mega donged on. Then I got empire and immediately proceeded to have a much better game while frolicking around with the storm rifle.

I feel Overgrowth can be a better map if we didn't have shotgun and sword, a game can turn one sided easily against a decent team controlling both.

jfoul

I like the layout of Overgrowth with all of the cutoffs, but having sword AND shotgun is what ruins it. I think sword needs to be removed permanently from the map.

BraXzy

I'm really loving the Standoff remake in BTB! Can't wait for Nokyard's final version to make it into matchmaking!
So... +2 to all font sizes? (Please!)

Hopefully it gets in this update? They might not have had time to test, who knows!

Finally! Last time I purged unwanted REQs it took me like 30 minutes.

Besides sometimes getting rid of stuff when I actually open a pack, I gave up selling stuff. Getting through a stack of 50 uncommon random weapons is such a slog.

mo60

I haven't played a match on overgrowth in weeks. :) I'm not joking about this.I usually play around an hour or two per day on the weekend of team slayer in arena and I have never played a match on that map since early January.The RNG gods must like me a lot.

I haven't played a match on overgrowth in weeks. :) I'm not joking about this.I usually play around an hour or two per day on the weekend of team slayer in arena and I have never played a match on that map since early January.The RNG gods must like me a lot.

Truth and Colliseum are great, but I rarely get them =(

If Halo had a map picker like CS, I would play this game a lot more. I understand why it's not included, but most of the maps irk me.

mo60

Truth and Colliseum are great, but I rarely get them =(

If Halo had a map picker like CS, I would play this game a lot more. I understand why it's not included, but most of the maps irk me.

The whole map picking system reminds me of splatoon sometimes(thankfully not as bad as that game) because I seem to get the same maps over and over again sometimes especially in warzone.

The whole map picking system reminds me of splatoon sometimes(thankfully not as bad as that game) because I seem to get the same maps over and over again sometimes especially in warzone.

Yep. I rarely play Warzone but I keep getting Apex 7. It's tiresome.

mo60

Yep. I rarely play Warzone but I keep getting Apex 7. It's tiresome.

The game kept on putting me in matches on escape on arc like a week or so ago. I think it took more than 5 matches for me to stop playing on that map.I hope once more warzone maps release that we aren't forced to play on the same one multiple times.

I need to farm req points like crazy today.

I'm only missing a small amount of gold unlocks in the current collection.

I've been doing this all night. Got up to 49 000 right now. Going to continue some more tomorrow.

I tend to do BTB because playing Warzone alone is one of the most slow, grueling, boring things you could ever do and I hate it.

But I love it with other people

clav

I've been doing this all night. Got up to 49 000 right now. Going to continue some more tomorrow.

I tend to do BTB because playing Warzone alone is one of the most slow, grueling, boring things you could ever do and I hate it.

Play Warzone Assault.

Fastest way to get REQ points if it ends first round for both teams.

IHaveIce

Banned

I do Warzone assault it feels to be the fastest way to farm IMO even when you lose.
How much do you get per btb match?

Damn I'm far away of completing the covenant and promethean weapons.

Right now I'm trying to finish ground pound and assassination first

Madness

Hm may try this. I usually get around 1200-1800 per BTB match. But keep in mind I have a lot of fun with BTB

BTB gives me around 1000-1200 if I think back, Warzone Assault usually gives me way more. I like Assault because it's faster paced and shorter allowing for instant engagement.

Sometimes there's just nothing you can do and you get steamrolled, other times, it's a white knuckle finish trying to hold off. I want to know what it'd be like if we got a huge group and just went into Assault for a few hours and got a ton of REQ points, padding stats.

Madness

Couple clips.Here's my first time calling in Nornfang:

http://xboxclips.com/lPwnsome/7ebb1ad8-8d5d-412f-b4c9-bb0a402ecf73

You can see how nervous I was that someone was going to sneak up on me before I could get some use out of it. This thing is a beast.

Kind of funny triple kill defending a stronghold base in BTB:
http://xboxclips.com/lPwnsome/18d83b06-e746-4a0a-b643-9185c519684f

Double post, but solid Nornfang use. I could feel your nervousness through the clip lol. I think once they up the despawn time to 20 seconds, I'll call in a lot more ultra rare and legendary stuff that I'm hesitant to lose.

IHaveIce

Banned
BTB gives me around 1000-1200 if I think back, Warzone Assault usually gives me way more. I like Assault because it's faster paced and shorter allowing for instant engagement.

Sometimes there's just nothing you can do and you get steamrolled, other times, it's a white knuckle finish trying to hold off. I want to know what it'd be like if we got a huge group and just went into Assault for a few hours and got a ton of REQ points, padding stats.
I would like that

Edit:let us get a group rolling later today

maximrace

All I want for the UI is a way to see medals ( I have no idea why it isn't there, the guy who decided this must have not really played Halo MP) and a way to sort reqs by rarity in customisation.

Count me in for the Warzone team I want to play with you guys randoms are terrible!

jfoul

Hm may try this. I usually get around 1200-1800 per BTB match. But keep in mind I have a lot of fun with BTB

In assault you will get around 1350 as the winner, or 1250 as the loser. You will usually get this payout if the match lasts at least 6 minutes.

Loomba

As a solo player it's so hard if you care about rank, I try not to but when you have games where a guy suicides 3 times trying to get the splinter grenades on Pegasus or your whole team practically go -10. Makes it well tough.

I just want diamond ;_;

Played my Breakout placement matches to get my least favorite game mode out of the way, Onyx.

Now to get my Onyx in Swat (EZ), FFA (EZ), Slayer, and Arena.

Hope I get Onyx after my placement matches. Don't want to have to grind my way out of Diamond.

jfoul

I'm really tired of getting matched against a full team in Warzone Assault, or any mode. I just got out of a bullshit game that lasted WAY too long. They let us cap the garage and armory in the last minute to prolong the kill farming. I hid most of the time to avoid having a hugely negative KDA, but I was able to jack their Banshee Ultra and kill one of their Phaetons. If anything makes me quit playing, it'll be the match making in this game.

I don't know if it's the time of day I play (12am-12pm EST), but it also feels like I'm walking in mud and the other players always have ping advantage on me. If I play during regular hours, it's totally different.

EDIT: I just got Whispered Truth from my daily Warzone pack.

V6m3jC2.gif

Tow

Neo Member
As a solo player it's so hard if you care about rank, I try not to but when you have games where a guy suicides 3 times trying to get the splinter grenades on Pegasus or your whole team practically go -10. Makes it well tough.

I just want diamond ;_;

I'm currently Diamond 2. You want to team up, see if we can help you climb the ranks?

CeeSaw

Saw something I have never seen before. A guy snuck up on me while I was randomly throwing some grenades and I got lucky that I was throwing a sticky. Only thing that could have been better if it would have saved me.

Glass

Saw something I have never seen before. A guy snuck up on me while I was randomly throwing some grenades and I got lucky that I was throwing a sticky. Only thing that could have been better if it would have saved me.

You should stick that on Reddit, that's awesome.

@Goldenboy Pool C is the group of death

What's especially death-y abou Group C? Because EG are the clear winners?
I hope Renegades beat Liquid, that would make for such a great story.

Renegades making their Halo debut announcement video, nicely done, tis hype as faaak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjbgfuBRt4I

Hope it brings in some new blood and viewers

Akai__

Again, just LMAO at Triggers Poun. You couldn't be any more obvious with that team name and now even the logo.

SK is somewhere mad at them. :p

EG should win their pool easily, allegiance sadly has a way too easy pool

Easy pools can also quickly backfire, by being overconfident. Happens only every once in a while, but I loved the upsets in the Qualifiers. haha

jfoul

I wanted to run through co-op campaign on Heroic or Legendary, but I just noticed co-op doesn't have matchmaking. Co-op is in serious need of some update love. I think co-op needs match-making, scoring, and REQ rewards. If they aren't going to give us Firefight, at least give us a more robust sp co-op experience.

E92 M3

I've been thinking of an idea: What if with every major update, 343 gives all players one free gold pack to test their luck. It'll bring in a lot of folks to try the game out and keep interest in booting up Halo at very least once a month.

Oh wow, then if there are no huge upsets or surprises I can already see which 8 will make it easily.

Except Optic's new roster is very good abd makes the LCQ

Maybe the first one passes and the other have to dispute some kind of bracket. I'm not sure. I went to MLG website but didn't find anything

I've been thinking of an idea: What if with every major update, 343 gives all players one free gold pack to test their luck. It'll bring in a lot of folks to try the game out and keep interest in booting up Halo at very least once a month.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Doesn't cost them anything and yet it'll get people to play (at least for a little while).

I love what 343 has done with the REQ system and think it's an extremely effective carrot on a stick that keeps people who like the game playing even more. But I also don't think they're leveraging it to its full potential. Arena and Warzone daily packs were great first additions, but what about something like:
  • Weekly challenges for 10 wins that would give you a weekly pack (which could guarantee like 2 permanent unlocks for ultra rares/legendary items)
  • A season long challenge for 40 wins or 1000 kills or something which would guarantee 5 legendarys
  • Or even challenges for the entire community similar to Spartan Companies
I feel like stuff like that would go a long way in sustaining or rebuilding the population of the game.

Instead of a GOLD they should be promotional packs specific to the new update maybe?

Makes people think they have even more of a chance to get that new armor/helm/weapon/skin etc. Even though on the back-end they don't. It'll be all smoke and mirrors!!

MUAHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAH >=D

Top Bottom