• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

That or 3v3, if you have to. Like Ram said, getting 8 people together is a nightmare.

He's talking the HaloGAF only tournament. The community tournament was awesome if it weren't for the fact that my dad was in a car accident and I was running around trying to figure out which hospital they were talking him to. It was literally just a sprain, but they sent him to 3 different hospitals.

We gave you the win. Y'all were out because shadow stopped responding and it came to a coin flip. My team even won the coin flip, but since none of us were playing Reach anymore we gave it to your team.
Thank you kindly.

Tawpgun

Matched against swift 2 times in a row and holy shit my teammates drove me crazy

plug your mics in idiots. So many fucking kills unfinished.

As long as they don't redesign the wheel, 343 should have more than enough time and resources to prioritize features that Halo's needed for a long time, like that forfeit option, searchable custom games, matchmaking toggles, etc.

Halo 5 multiplayer as a platform is the way to go.

jfoul

As long as they don't redesign the wheel, 343 should have more than enough time and resources to prioritize features that Halo's needed for a long time, like that forfeit option, searchable custom games, matchmaking toggles, etc.

I totally agree, just keep giving us content with upgrades to the graphics engine when Halo 6 releases.

My best moments in matchmaking almost never get recorded. I get completely distracted from thinking about recording a clip because the moment was so intense and then later i remember and am too lazy to go back through the game files to make a clip. Anyone else experience this?

I bought the Arena REQ bundle thingy last week after finishing my Silvers.

But when do I get the packs every week? Is it on a specific day?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Absolutely. Keep it almost exactly how it is in terms of movement of character, weapons and vehicles. It's almost flawless.

Focus for Halo 6, IMO, should be on the single player campaign. Make it as epic as possible and please have some sort of easy co-op play.

By that I mean either have split screen for Halo 6 or do what Gears of War: UE did and have it so random people can jump in and out of your single player game. Trying to coordinate with friends on the East Coast or in the UK make it pretty much impossible to play the single player campaign together.

Leyasu

Banned

Yeah halo 5 is an amazing game. They don't need to touch it. Like you said, they can easily put resources into other areas. Gotta be honest, I would rather a spin off next and a sexy next gen halo 6.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ranked Plat again after being diamond.. only because I played with my silver friend.. playing against low ranks and being dominant dpesn't increase the rank at all it seems :)

I went like 31-5 in one game.

Matched against swift 2 times in a row and holy shit my teammates drove me crazy

plug your mics in idiots. So many fucking kills unfinished.

What's wrong, you can't finish?

Oh yeah, I was gonna ask who messaged me a week or so ago in warzone assault? I ran into some gaf players, including Hypertrooper. Someone messaged me GG afterward because I got slaughtered lol. All i could respond with was ugh... :D

Yeah, definitely voting against crossplay if keyboard/mouse is allowed.

KB/M is fine and of course it will be the primary option on PC but with as competitive as Arena is set up right now I'm not trying to get smacked by someone with a clear advantage.

belushy

Banned
I don't want crossplay if it means people will whine about mouse/keyboard to be removed. Thats literally the whole point of it being on PC lol.....

Chittagong

Gold Member

Has to be quoted once more since it's the truth.

343 should have the vision to see that not killing the player base on each release is an awesome model for a franchise. It's almost insane that FPSs simply wipe the slate clean every one or two years. Unlike WoW for example.

Halo 5 is the perfect base, the MP balance is damn near perfect.

Has to be quoted once more since it's the truth.

343 should have the vision to see that not killing the player base on each release is an awesome model for a franchise. It's almost insane that FPSs simply wipe the slate clean every one or two years. Unlike WoW for example.

Halo 5 is the perfect base, the MP balance is damn near perfect.
Yep I'd be happy if they focused on the single player as a 3 year cycle but they did an annual expansion for Halo 5's matchmaking - it could include 15+ new maps and whatever other additions/reqs/gametypes (stuff like that) that they wanted. Price it at no more than 30 bucks and print it.

wwm0nkey

Yep I'd be happy if they focused on the single player as a 3 year cycle but they did an annual expansion for Halo 5's matchmaking - it could include 15+ new maps and whatever other additions/reqs/gametypes (stuff like that) that they wanted. Price it at no more than 30 bucks and print it.

Also include engine enhancements as well. If we are going by potential PC release or new Xbox models w/ better specs I would like to see engine improvements and better textures. Other than that I 100% think Halo online needs to be a service with each new release being a paid expansion

clav

Also include engine enhancements as well. If we are going by potential PC release or new Xbox models w/ better specs I would like to see engine improvements and better textures. Other than that I 100% think Halo online needs to be a service with each new release being a paid expansion

This is an old article and has been posted several times on this forum.

http://arstechnica.com/information-...-development-practices-into-the-21st-century/

Read it and think about what's happening now.

I think Halo is following this sort of cycle. Some of it is publicly displayed in those Sprint shorts.

Windows 10 is obviously feeling it due to its perpetual beta nature. Some quirky bugs on some setups out there.

Kibbles

Wow, Microsoft wants me to pay for a replacement elite controller, my LB button is fucked up already. This controller can't even handle bumper jumper, what a fucking wasteee :(

I don't think you did. I haven't played Halo in awhile. Like weeks.

EDIT: That is even assuming you are speaking about this handle. lol

Oh i just seen their "nickname/shortname" as "doge" and was carrying the team. So i figured it was you lmao.

Welp good thing then lmao!!

Placed Diamond 3 after being in Onyx 1600s last season...hmmm

Last qualifying match had 2 platinums and an unranked (he went 2-13) vs two
1700 Onyx
. Hate the first couple days of placcements.

Top Bottom