• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

E92 M3

At this point we're so close to getting the armor, I wouldn't feel comfortable with anyone getting kicked out. Of course, if it's been a month since they played that's a different story.

That said, I think we're on lockdown now anyways lol.

At this point we're so close to getting the armor, I wouldn't feel comfortable with anyone getting kicked out. Of course, if it's been a month since they played that's a different story.

new rule

pay us money to stay in the company

have to feed my mods

Uhh so tired of this sandbox, your forced to pick up automatics and crouch walk. Do call of duty nade checks then just sprint thruster into a room. This tier 2 and 3 is idiotic. Hope the population drop off shows 343 they are on the right track, but need major refinements.

Also they took the only decent social list and turned it into a diceroll playlist. 2 grav hammers on torque, whyyyyy.

Magwik

Banned
Uhh so tired of this sandbox, your forced to pick up automatics and crouch walk. Do call of duty nade checks then just sprint thruster into a room. This tier 2 and 3 is idiotic. Hope the population drop off shows 343 they are on the right track, but need major refinements.

Also they took the only decent social list and turned it into a diceroll playlist. 2 grav hammers on torque, whyyyyy.

Uhh so tired of this sandbox, your forced to pick up automatics and crouch walk. Do call of duty nade checks then just sprint thruster into a room.
uwotm8

Akai__

343i managed to make Riptide even worse. Now it all comes down to camping the Blue/Green Room with the Beam Rifle and wait until people rush it. Works pretty great with team mates that go 3-13 and rush it over and over and over and over again.

Ramirez

I'll probably be 4 days without playing.
I have never been so much time without playing Halo 5 :eek:
And I don't wanna be kicked out of the SC :(

lol, no one gets kicked out for a week of inactivity, hell not even 2 weeks.

Yea, the roster is set until the armor comes in.

Brolic, when I checked your GT you hadn't played since early Feb aside from a couple breakout games. WZ was like early Feb as well, I just felt there were people more active in the community waiting to get in. Nothing personal, just trying to be fair.

As for the removal of the FRC on Riptide, I noticed it's made the map play much slower and campy. I just think slayer in general in this game is extremely campy the higher you get, the radar and nade markers need to go, but they probably won't. Also, the SPNKR on Overgrowth SH is a great addition, IMO. Too many of these maps are hard to break without a power weapon like that, the plasma caster was alright on OG, but I prefer rockets because it ensures that everyone will try and move for them, opening up more possibilities in a match.

Dude, I fucking suck, and even I know that shit won't fly.

This is some Bronze-tier shit right there.

I'm feeling like I'm hitting a wall in terms of trying to get better at this game. I used to be so much better when I had a headset to use, gave me better situational awareness, but for some reason, my aiming has just gone to shit.

I'm actually starting to develop some weird sort of blisters on my thumbs from playing so much.

Any tips on how to improve my aim/ just general things to help me get better? (Besides the obvious communication factor? :p)

those are called calluses, ian

git gud imo

On a serious note, I feel like I've steadily been improving at the game, mainly because I've finally found some aiming settings that work for me.

Sordid

I've applied to the Halogaf SC so if any space opens up feel free to add me, work is calming down a bit so I'll be actually be able to switch my Xbox on again!

Akai__

As for the removal of the FRC on Riptide, I noticed it's made the map play much slower and campy. I just think slayer in general in this game is extremely campy the higher you get, the radar and nade markers need to go, but they probably won't. Also, the SPNKR on Overgrowth SH is a great addition, IMO. Too many of these maps are hard to break without a power weapon like that, the plasma caster was alright on OG, but I prefer rockets because it ensures that everyone will try and move for them, opening up more possibilities in a match.

This is 100% correct. The FRG let you at least push into some areas. Instead of removing it completely, they could have lowered the ammo for it and that's it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
lol, no one gets kicked out for a week of inactivity, hell not even 2 weeks.

Yea, the roster is set until the armor comes in.

Brolic, when I checked your GT you hadn't played since early Feb aside from a couple breakout games. WZ was like early Feb as well, I just felt there were people more active in the community waiting to get in. Nothing personal, just trying to be fair.

Ram, I played last weekend! I play nearly every weekend mosty on Sundays.

And when I play breakout I play all 10 together to place. Then I fuck around in WZ to farm. Maybe the game log was messed up. But I definitely play nearly every weekend.

Not taking it personal, no worries there. Just would like to stay in the company if I can. If not, just hit me with a fuck off and it will be done lol.

Here is my play history. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...ic gaoler?gameModeFilter=All&start=0&count=10

Now we're in a Halogaf thread

giphy.gif

What, a whopping 2 times?

Abusing game mechanics is ok as long as it's not happening to you, right?

Arenas meant to foster competitive settings, I bring up an obvious sandbox issue and you respond with "lol warzone bks". I apologize for being good and playing with other good people to the point we break the game by being better. I'll make sure to try less. Now if 343 developed competent spawn systems, or things such as a mercy rule, or a much overdue surrender option. Alternatively dare I say develop maps that aren't a sheet on glass that break easily we wouldn't be having this discussion.

It's not like your borderline forced into warzone with the massive imbalance of XP/RP vs arena or anything. If this tier 2/3 power weapon system didn't exist that has .2 sec+beatdown killtime weapons spawning every 15 seconds on segmented cod-esqe maps I wouldnt be in warzone period.

IHaveIce

Banned
Arenas meant to foster competitive settings, I bring up an obvious sandbox issue and you respond with "lol warzone bks". I apologize for being good and playing with other good people to the point we break the game by being better. I'll make sure to try less. Now if 343 developed competent spawn systems, or things such as a mercy rule, or a much overdue surrender option. Alternatively dare I say develop maps that aren't a sheet on glass that break easily we wouldn't be having this discussion.

It's not like your borderline forced into warzone with the massive imbalance of XP/RP vs arena or anything. If this tier 2/3 power weapon system didn't exist that has .2 sec+beatdown killtime weapons spawning every 15 seconds on segmented cod-esqe maps I wouldnt be in warzone period.

Hey trapping them in spawns is one thing, we were able to do that many times without even setting up vehicles.

But your company farms kills. Then let them get the first objective, to then farm them even further at the second stage. This has nothing to do about a player being good, because nobody can fight back against this.

Hey trapping them in spawns is one thing, we were able to do that many times without even setting up vehicles.

But your company farms kills. Then let them get the first objective, to then farm them even further at the second stage. This has nothing to do about a player being good, because nobody can fight back against this.

uhhh, ok? I don't do that, way to generalize. I just play halo and want this badass helmet.

Blame Tashi for not flipping the radar switch to off or to be sprint/shooting-based, he's been there long enough. He was supposed to be our inside guy.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
This freezing shit in warzone is annoying. Always happens at the worst times too

BraXzy

FYI

If I see any HG peeps in the DZ come tuesday.

I will rob you and will leave you for dead.

<3 u all

I'll be on PS4 so thankfully I won't see your ugly mug :p

I'm the wildcard of the group in the dark zone though. If there's a group extracting I'm that guy that pulses and nades.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Alright, I've had two war zone games lock up and crash to dashboard in a row. Anyone else having this?

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
And a third game in a row crashes to dashboard. This time arena. Sigh

343i managed to make Riptide even worse. Now it all comes down to camping the Blue/Green Room with the Beam Rifle and wait until people rush it. Works pretty great with team mates that go 3-13 and rush it over and over and over and over again.

yeah it's pretty much the best setup for the map now.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Can someone give me a crash course on plasma caster and hydras?

Plasma caster I manage only to betray people with, direct hits on enemies don't seem to do much good. Hydras I can get kills with but I don't understand the logic, I think I read that they are supposed to go behind cover but I can only score direct kills.

Plasma caster I manage only to betray people with, direct hits on enemies don't seem to do much good. Hydras I can get kills with but I don't understand the logic, I think I read that they are supposed to go behind cover but I can only score direct kills.

Always aim for the ground of the enemy's feet with the plasma caster. Charge it up if you think you can get a direct stick.

Hydra is hit or miss for me. If you aim high and to the side when locked on to an enemy the missles have a better chance of getting behind barriers if they hide.

dunno if that really helps...just takes practice.

Ramirez

If people are in close proximity to you, aim the PC at your feet and the grenades will detonate on them. Long shots with it are little more than luck and to be a bother, really. Charged shots are good to stick on ceilings and such if you know someone is hiding there.

With the Hydra, once you're locked on, pull your aim far away and up and it should allow the missles to track behind cover unless the person knows you're aiming at them and they evade. Direct shots with a Hydra will rarely work unless you're behind someone who is completely unaware of you. The Hydra can be an absolute monster on Eden/Plaza, I'm not even sure why it's on Riptide, TBH.

Top Bottom