• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Karl2177

I think everything but AI should easily be done by May if not sooner, TBH. We're already on rank 5 on quite a bit of stuff.

First Strike is gonna be the real killer at that point.

EDIT: It comes to a grand total of 15400 First Strike medals from tier 1 to the end of tier 5.

blamite

I just got booted out of two consecutive games (and wasted a couple RP boosts ;_;), are the servers acting up or is this something on my end?

I got us a first strike anyway, assuming it got counted even though I didn't finish the game.

Pretty sure no one has the helmet, Whiskey is 3 commendations away, They were the first to get the armor, I'm assuming they have to be the first to get the helmet as well, lol.

Good lord, rank 5 Proms is 30K. RIP

ah I was mistaken, I though Whiskey had it, and another group.

How does it feel different this time? I did not see any difference on my end when playing yesterday for a few hours. I'd like to see your results as this may just be you not playing for a while and trying to adjust to their new MM. Might be playing against people who are a little better than previously, idk.
Okay like I said before my previous settings for Look sensitivity and acceleration were 4 & 4 before said update. Now that I've actually did some 1v1 with a friend I've settled with 2 & 1. Since 3 & 3 still felt off. I think I know myself better than anyone else saying it's probably me not playing for a week. I've gone 2 weeks without playing Halo 5 to have no issue getting back into the game like normal.

And it has nothing to do with ppl being better than before b'cuz throughout 90% of my game experience I went 1 digit in my kills and double digits in my deaths per game. That never happens for that long. I could still get a decent amount of assists to make up for getting negatives. So I know something is definitely off and it's not my skills it's actually this update to the controller change. Believe it or not.

Bread

Banned
tryin my best to help out with the vehicle kills tonight

spending all my req power on ghost ultras, banshee ultras, and tanks.

blamite

I had a kinda bad time in Warzone tonight, but at least I got 12 or so Prometheans kills? We've got this! Hopefully WZ Firefight is out before we need to grind for the helmet...

jfoul

I'll work on the ground vehicle kills when I get home. Pretty easy to get kills in certain WZ assault situations.

I hope we get a permanent 4v4/5v5 social playlist with Fiesta as one of the game modes soon, it's so much fun and has forced me to use weapons I usually neglect like the Hydra.

Ade

All weapon commendations done, except the sodding Splazer. Rank 4 1/25...

Is it me, or is the Splazer lacking?

Vanilla splaser sux, the other models are great... You can really cut loose with those, unfortunately they are a bit hard to come by.

I have been playing loads of fiesta and I just can't get any kills with vanilla splaser.

One of the reasons im most looking forward to warzone firefight is actually seeing armor variations.

They added so many more colors, along with an obscene amount of cosmentic reqs since the beginning, but you never see other players except for in game.

I actually miss halo 4's "card" system in pregame lobbies.

Okay like I said before my previous settings for Look sensitivity and acceleration were 4 & 4 before said update. Now that I've actually did some 1v1 with a friend I've settled with 2 & 1. Since 3 & 3 still felt off. I think I know myself better than anyone else saying it's probably me not playing for a week. I've gone 2 weeks without playing Halo 5 to have no issue getting back into the game like normal.

And it has nothing to do with ppl being better than before b'cuz throughout 90% of my game experience I went 1 digit in my kills and double digits in my deaths per game. That never happens for that long. I could still get a decent amount of assists to make up for getting negatives. So I know something is definitely off and it's not my skills it's actually this update to the controller change. Believe it or not.

did you see my post after this talking about some controller update? im not sure if you're using the elite or not but i beleive you.

Welfare

Problem would be do you just block maps wholesale? Because doing game types on maps would be a nightmare, but you're also drastically cutting your options.

In SC2, I think it blocks the maps outright, but in the system I proposed, it would only make it so that those maps are the least likely to be selected while matchmaking.

How long does the game let you afk in wz? I had to step away for a minute and came back to being booted to the main menu. Doesn't matter really. Both my games were with awful teammates. No one would try and recapture any of the bases as a group and the loss was guaranteed. Just curious because I wasn't afk for that long. But I still got 200 xp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Looked at my medals on waypoint and apparently I got 1 watcher kill out of 2 wz games. I'm so helpful lol.

Fuchsdh

How long does the game let you afk in wz? I had to step away for a minute and came back to being booted to the main menu. Doesn't matter really. Both my games were with awful teammates. No one would try and recapture any of the bases as a group and the loss was guaranteed. Just curious because I wasn't afk for that long. But I still got 200 xp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Looked at my medals on waypoint and apparently I got 1 watcher kill out of 2 wz games. I'm so helpful lol.

No idea. I've definitely been idle for longer than a minute or two without getting booted (my controller died/couldn't find fresh batteries immediately and the like)

Then again I never quit so I dunno if the system holds repeated incidences against you more rigorously or anything like that.

Ryde3

who ever mentioned that chrome extension for Halo Waypoint God bless you!!!! I finally just sold all my REQs and I recently finished my silver packs. Gold's here I come!!!!

Vanilla splaser sux, the other models are great... You can really cut loose with those, unfortunately they are a bit hard to come by.

I have been playing loads of fiesta and I just can't get any kills with vanilla splaser.

The vanilla laser is a joke! I can't believe I actually completed the laser commendation, the thing can barely make a dent in a Spartan. I really wish 343 tweaks the laser like they tweaked the Rail Gun.

Selene's Lance on the other hand is a thing of beauty. The tickling targeting laser (that's how I call it) is fucking brilliant.

Ramirez

448 Ground vehicle kills.

1,756 Promethean kills.

All we need is for everyone to get on and kill 17-18 Proms and we're there! I know I can count on all of you. /kappa

E92 M3

448 Ground vehicle kills.

1,756 Promethean kills.

All we need is for everyone to get on and kill 17-18 Proms and we're there! I know I can count on all of you. /kappa

I'll work on the Prom. kills tonight. I want the armor more than the helmet.

Ramirez

Also, if anyone at 343 in charge of WZ reads this. I feel like I came up with a pretty good solution to core farming, though I'm sure I'm not the only one to say it.

Once a team caps all 3 bases, the Core should start to overheat for being exposed, the team with the core exposed has a set amount of time to capture a base, or it explodes. Make it 5 minutes or something, and it doesn't reset.

It's one thing to 3 cap and continue killing bosses, but we faced some shit heads last night that left Captain Womick up and every boss after that the entire game while they farmed us in our Core for 20 minutes. This is easily fixed, c'mon 343.

im pretty sure im on like, every page of the thread now, but if theres people not contributing in the Spartan Company im still a daily player.

Also, if anyone at 343 in charge of WZ reads this. I feel like I came up with a pretty good solution to core farming, though I'm sure I'm not the only one to say it.

Once a team caps all 3 bases, the Core should start to overheat for being exposed, the team with the core exposed has a set amount of time to capture a base, or it explodes. Make it 5 minutes or something, and it doesn't reset.

It's one thing to 3 cap and continue killing bosses, but we faced some shit heads last night that left Captain Womick up and every boss after that the entire game while they farmed us in our Core for 20 minutes. This is easily fixed, c'mon 343.

Y'know, they could add an actual, literal surrender button in there. If more than half of that team's players hit it, the game ends.

Surrender in wz would be cool. But it should only be an option when it hits a certain time. Wed have groups surrender at 30seconds in just to farm rp or some shit. Because ppl wouldnt surrender if they lost their rp/xp for time invested or boost used.

Ramirez

There are reports of Ramirez booting people from the company. Stay vigilant out there boys!

Yea, have my eyes on one particularly Patriots fan that plays with rocks.

Yea, feel like a surrender button could be abused, my idea is better, thank you. ;P

Karl2177

I had an idea a while back, I think I only shared it on hgs, but w/e. You have to use req pies (or whatever they are called in game) to spawn at a base. This means you can't instantly spawn on top of a base without paying a bit.

Ramirez

Diplomatic immunity

900x900px-LL-f837bcf0_carmelo-anthony-face-geeksandcleats.png

Is that so??

Top Bottom