• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

im curious, what do you guys think we're gonna be realistically getting from firefight?

i mean dream scenario is the ability for 12 people to spawn tanks and actually still have their hands full with higher waves (presuming its even wave based)

Welfare

Also, if anyone at 343 in charge of WZ reads this. I feel like I came up with a pretty good solution to core farming, though I'm sure I'm not the only one to say it.

Once a team caps all 3 bases, the Core should start to overheat for being exposed, the team with the core exposed has a set amount of time to capture a base, or it explodes. Make it 5 minutes or something, and it doesn't reset.

It's one thing to 3 cap and continue killing bosses, but we faced some shit heads last night that left Captain Womick up and every boss after that the entire game while they farmed us in our Core for 20 minutes. This is easily fixed, c'mon 343.

That sounds cool. Basically a timer for the dominating team to end the game. If you trip capped the enemy, there shouldn't be a reason for why it would it take more than a few minutes to end the game by core'ing.

But then if that is introduced, teams would just never get more than 2 bases. They would probably let the enemy get legendaries so that games don't end as fast.

Add a surrender option, or you know, don't pair randoms with teams.

Just a thought.

Ramirez

That sounds cool. Basically a timer for the dominating team to end the game. If you trip capped the enemy, there shouldn't be a reason for why it would it take more than a few minutes to end the game by core'ing.

But then if that is introduced, teams would just never get more than 2 bases. They would probably let the enemy get legendaries so that games don't end as fast.

Add a surrender option, or you know, don't pair randoms with teams.

Just a thought.

If they don't cap all 3 bases it at least gives you a chance to fight. The problem is getting stuck in a base with only 2 exits.

Not pairing teams with randoms won't happen in WZ, the search times would be insane for large groups, I'm sure.

Welfare

If they don't cap all 3 bases it at least gives you a chance to fight. The problem is getting stuck in a base with only 2 exits.

Not pairing teams with randoms won't happen in WZ, the search times would be insane for large groups, I'm sure.

Apex 7 has the best base because of the "back" exit. Why can't all maps have a third entrance/exit :(

Also I think these teams in WZ can deal with the long search times if that would be the case. The only real casual section of matchmaking and 343 are going to look out for the farmers looking to get Achilles? No thank you, I want an enjoyable match when searching solo.

Ramirez

Apex 7 has the best base because of the "back" exit. Why can't all maps have a third entrance/exit :(

Also I think these teams in WZ can deal with the long search times if that would be the case. The only real casual section of matchmaking and 343 are going to look out for the farmers looking to get Achilles? No thank you, I want an enjoyable match when searching solo.

Well I mean are you really going to make your entire player base suffer long matchmaking times because of 4-5 shit bag SCs? Not every large group does this type of nonsense.

Delusional illusion.
You have no chance.

Fuchsdh

Yep even a teleporter in the back on the two-exit maps would really help reduce the opportunity and incentive to stay complacent and farm kills.

What would be a good solution where Abuse wouldn't apply?

Current situation is the unlimted time-limit where a team can spawn-farm up to 1000 points to end the game.
possibilities:

• Introduce time limits in Warzone?
  • Create scenarios such as noted by Ram? (time limit introduced when core is vunerable)
  • Surrender option? (Restrictions in place to combat quick surrenders of full groups)

I want to believe they already are looking into this and hopefully input a good 'sheild' to stop teams from spawn-farming and creating a undesirable experience on both ends of the field.

Tawpgun

Apex 7 and noctus seem like the most balanced maps.

Apex due to the back exit and the spire being not as powerful as the fortress or garage. And noctus for its radial map design and monument being easier to attack.

Sometimes it feels if a team caps fortress or
Garage you can't recap.

Welfare

Well I mean are you really going to make your entire player base suffer long matchmaking times because of 4-5 shit bag SCs? Not every large group does this type of nonsense.

How many teams of 8-12 are out there? That is not going to be a majority of the player base in Warzone. It's solo players or teams of 2-4. Restricting matchmaking to big team matchmaking (which has existed before!) would not affect anyone except for those big teams.

Sure, there is a valid complaint to be made about search times for big teams, but I think it should be necessary if it means that overall matchmaking is improved for non/small teams.

Tawpgun

900x900px-LL-f837bcf0_carmelo-anthony-face-geeksandcleats.png

Is that so??
Yeah I think only Elzar can demod

Kappa

Welfare

Actually, this is an idea I've had in my head for awhile.

Why not have an A.I squad attack bases periodically throughout the game? This A.I squad will always take out the marines in the base, and if left alone, the A.I reset the base to neutral. This keeps players on their toes to protect bases and if farming the core, distracts the attacking team to send people to stop the A.I or even stopping the attack outright if the base resets to neutral.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
I have not been playing Halo much as of late so can someone explain this kill farming? Is it just the team ignoring everything else once they have you at the core, and just killing you repeatedly?

If that is the case, can't they set it up where the home base deploys turrets and marines outside its base so it can give you fighting chance to get out of the base?

As in let's say that the team has you at the core. The moment your core is expose, turrets are constructed in front of your base to suppress the initial wave of vehicles incoming and marines are deployed in front of the base as well. This serves as a buffer so your team can get their act together and make the push outside. Would something like this work? Figured it would abide by the warzone rules.

What if the team can annihilate the turrets and marines like no problem? They can just make them get progressively stronger the longer they take to kill the core. At that point they either capitalize or the team is able to push out with brute force?

I guess what would be even better is instead of buffing the marines with health that are outside the base, they begin to change from ODST to spartans as they get progressively stronger if the team takes too long to kill your core. Once you take control outside of your base, there is a two minute buffer before they despawn.

At this point I am just thinking of something that sounds like fun. lol

mo60

I have not been playing Halo much as of late so can someone explain this kill farming? Is it just the team ignoring everything else once they have you at the core, and just killing you repeatedly?

If that is the case, can't they set it up where the home base deploys turrets and marines outside its base so it can give you fighting chance to get out of the base?

As in let's say that the team has you at the core. The moment your core is expose, turrets are constructed in front of your base to suppress the initial wave of vehicles incoming and marines are deployed in front of the base as well. This serves as a buffer so your team can get their act together and make the push outside. Would something like this work? Figured it would abide by the warzone rules.

What if the team can annihilate the turrets and marines like no problem? They can just make them get progressively stronger the longer they take to kill the core. At that point they either capitalize or the team is able to push out with brute force?

I guess what would be even better is instead of buffing the marines with health that are outside the base, they begin to change from ODST to spartans as they get progressively stronger if the team takes too long to kill your core. Once you take control outside of your base, there is a two minute buffer before they despawn.

Yes. It's pretty much that. The team that actually does kill farm you in a warzone match may also go after the bosses on the field to.

@DeputyMoonman

No you can not blow up your own core with power weapons if you can't do it with loadout weapons.

Fuchsdh

Yeah, Halo 5 maps could use some teleporters in general.

Of course you would say that :p Honestly I think excising teleporters from maps is A Good Thing, especially when you compare the map quality of Halo 1 and 2 to other entries in later games. Things like man cannons and grav lifts are better ways of getting people across maps while also keeping you aware of your surroundings. A teleporter at this point is only preferable because it's clear you can't change the maps substantially to make them flow better.

Of course you would say that :p Honestly I think excising teleporters from maps is A Good Thing, especially when you compare the map quality of Halo 1 and 2 to other entries in later games. Things like man cannons and grav lifts are better ways of getting people across maps while also keeping you aware of your surroundings. A teleporter at this point is only preferable because it's clear you can't change the maps substantially to make them flow better.
And how easy would it be to camp where the teleporter teleports players? I don't think it would work very well in Halo 5.

E92 M3

That's a good idea, but the turrets can't be too strong, otherwise it would defeat the opposing team's minor victories to get the core open. I like the idea about the marines transforming into Spartans.

If your opinion isn't of the norm/majority it's pretty likely you get a ban. It's childish really.

Yeah, but that's a discussion for another time lol.

Fuchsdh

And how easy would it be to camp where the teleporter teleports players? I don't think it would work very well in Halo 5.

The push-pull spawning of Warzone would probably prevent most of that (as it's hard to die and immediately respawn in a position where you can inflict maximum damage), as would shielding the location from easy vantage points or immediate fire. Setting up a camp on another location still draws away people from the main core either way, so it's still a net benefit.

That's a good idea, but the turrets can't be too strong, otherwise it would defeat the opposing team's minor victories to get the core open. I like the idea about the marines transforming into Spartans.

Yeah, but that's a discussion for another time lol.

Let's just have the marines compose and then become wardens. pulling an all out war where the team must defeat the defending team and the 7 wardens of doom in order to achieve victory.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member

I guess strong enough to give you a solid buffer for the first wave.

Akai__

Daily reminder that Team Slayer is a weakass game mode.

Objective 4 lyfe.

I'd agree if Team Arena was handled better. I can't have any fun in that playlist, because it comes down to playing Strongholds 90% of the time and I really don't like Strongholds. I also can't take Arena serious, with stuff like Radar and Pro Players crouching with Automatic Weapons.

Every MLG playlist was handled better than what we have now. That's how I currently feel, unfortunately.

IHaveIce

Banned
Eventhough I agree about Automatics Proplayers stated now many times why 4v4 halo 5 without radar would be really annoying. You are just too damn fast around a map.

What's the higher amounts of kills that players end up with in a normal wz match? 30-50? I honestly don't know. I had a game where I went 40+ without using any vehicles and I imagine that's not really that special.
So what's the higher amount of kills that players end up with when kill farming? 60+?

If the game can boot people for going AFK, would it be much harder to see that a team has control of all 3 bases and players on the attacking team have acquired an absurd amount of post-vulnerable-core kills in comparison to the defending team and the amount of time that has transpired?

Why not just auto-ban/remove players from games the same way you get removed for going AFK? I'd think it would be pretty easy to start tallying the number of kills the attacking team gets as soon as the core becomes vulnerable to where it's obvious they're not trying to destroy the core. Like the stats should be pretty consistent on the average number of kills a team gets while trying to capture the core versus while kill-farming. Just set some thresholds and done.

EDIT:
I guess strong enough to give you a solid buffer for the first wave.
The only downside to this is that it makes it that much harder for teams not kill-farming to destroy the core, especially randoms. How do you balance it properly?

Trup1aya

All they need to do to reduce the spawn killing in Warzone, is have AI recapture bases and increase req level speed of the team that gets trip capped.

It would put core defenses back online after a time and put pressure on the aggressors to end the match quickly.

Top Bottom