• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Strider

Idk how many of you know about it already but there is a website halocarnage.com that will display the info we want in the post-match screen. You just type in your GT and your most recent game will be displayed.

Obviously 343 should (and I assume they will) add in this info so we don't have to use a site like this but at least it's something in the meantime... Whenever I'm curious about my previous match I just go check out this site really quick.

Also Blood of Suban might be my new favorite weapon for warzone. Gun is so damn good.

BraXzy

Well if we did a custom game, i'd have to waste about 90% of the time playing to make sure we gave you a successful ground pound clip.

i don't know how many times it may take you to get one where the person is standing still.

I'll have you know my ground pound skills are on point. I'm not quite #5 in the world for ground pound kills like a mate of mine, but I'm sure I'm in at least the top 100000.

Have the seen my mid air ground pound in Stay On Target? Pfft.

F2CjfLD.png

Everybody pulling Nornfangs and Noble Helmets out of their Victory packs, but I'm the true winner here.

BraXzy

Idk how many of you know about it already but there is a website halocarnage.com that will display the info we want in the post-match screen. You just type in your GT and your most recent game will be displayed.

So it's definitely all there available in the API. I still can't comprehend why that stuff wasn't included. It's so annoying getting an amazing medal and no one gets to see it at the end. I wanna show off when I eventually do good :(

Everybody pulling Nornfangs and Noble Helmets out of their Victory packs, but I'm the true winner here.

I think the highest thing I've gotten is an ultra rare boost, don't sweat it. Those Gambit: Assists are pretty cool though.. right?

Strider

So it's definitely all there available in the API. I still can't comprehend why that stuff wasn't included. It's so annoying getting an amazing medal and no one gets to see it at the end. I wanna show off when I eventually do good :(

Don't worry they'll have it in before you do good :)

I'll have you know my ground pound skills are on point. I'm not quite #5 in the world for ground pound kills like a mate of mine, but I'm sure I'm in at least the top 100000.

Have the seen my mid air ground pound in Stay On Target? Pfft.

All i know is that im in the top 5% according to halotracker SO HAH!

Besides, with our timezone differences we couldn't really match up anyway.
:(

daedalius

Your argument was that something like the CE pistol which is way harder to use, but has the potential to get a sub 1 second kill as a starting weapon would be good for noobs. I'm saying, said noobs would never ever land that ~1 second, however good players occasionally would. All that'd do is make the "noobs" rage at the fact "That guy is killing me way quick and I'm still hear trying to land one shot."

No one should ever say go play something else. But git gud as Jem says ;)

That was, in fact, not what I was suggesting at all. I didn't say anything about the CE pistol.

I could indeed use the CE pistol far better than this current one, even with the claims of "it had way less aim assist" so who the f knows what my issue with my controls are.

Apparently I need to play on a monitor(and not on my TV with amazing stereo system) and get taller sticks for my controller, just so I can play halo at a basic level(which I did just fine with every other halo before this, without extra bullshit)!

xgz9nkR.gif

I'll have you know I'm top 2% for ground pound kills, which, when looking at the numerical rank, isn't all that impressive haha.

Welp, time to play halo 5 so i can provide clips that out-shine BraXzy.

can't wait for the replies of "shouldn't be hard to get 1 kill" :p

Ramirez

That was, in fact, not what I was suggesting at all. I didn't say anything about the CE pistol.

I could indeed use the CE pistol far better than this current one, even with the claims of "it had way less aim assist" so who the f knows what my issue with my controls are.

Apparently I need to play on a monitor(and not on my TV with amazing stereo system) and get taller sticks for my controller, just so I can play halo at a basic level(which I did just fine with every other halo before this, without extra bullshit)!

nah

BraXzy

My bad, someone else got quoted and I thought it was you.

Also, I play on a crappy HD Ready (not Full HD) TV with what I assume is a terribad response time and regular sticks. People are suggesting ways to better your game, it's not their fault you aren't adjusting to the game at default.

Welp, time to play halo 5 so i can provide clips that out-shine BraXzy.

I am behind you 100% and believe in you entirely.

BraXzy

When was the cut off point for the OG community montage? I can't remember and I don't know what date to start looking at my clips :3

At launch right? I'll just look at November onwards.

Karl2177

Best things I've gotten out of an Arena win package was a stance and a Legendary RP Arena boost. I want more Warzone boosts because I actually play that more.

maximrace

So I'm hosting a custom game night with 16 players but only 12 are able in party chat and customgames we don't hear eachother. Any solutions?

Glass

CS;GO fan boiz trying to ruin my game! Get out I say!

It's something I'd love to have too, I'm surprised they haven't already done it considering the animation is there. I'd defo make a thread on Waypoint, that get's way more attention from Bravo who passes that stuff on. Some skins just need to be shown off/looked at, especially on peoples streams.
Git gud.

Haha I'm terrible at CS but I do like the way it does some things and how crazy people get over certain aspects like rank or skins. I actually made a reddit thread on the subject of inspecting weapons a while back, it made it to the top of the front page, alas no 343 flair! No doubt cuz they are already working on implementing it and didn't want me thinking I'd given them the idea, I'm ok with this.

BraXzy

WOW you can do that??

Don't think that's repeatable. Probably a network mishap.

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say server issues but god if it didn't grind my gears at the time, the lucky son of a gun :3

I'm getting an elite controller today. Can't wait to finally try it out.

Welcome to the Elite club! Where you finally learn to git gud.

I recommend trying a bunch of variations with paddles and thumbsticks till you find something you're comfortable with.

My set up: Default control scheme. Regular thumbsticks. Two Small paddles in top slots. Jump (A) on right paddle, Thrust (B) on left paddle.

Haha I'm terrible at CS but I do like the way it does some things and how crazy people get over certain aspects like rank or skins.

Since it already is a thing that happens in game I wonder how difficult it actually would be to have it trigger off a button input instead of an idle time. Hopefully a few extra lines of code? ;D

JackHerer

For my Elite I use two paddles with bumper jumper. Thrust on left and scope-in/ads on the right paddle. This allows me to do stabilize jumps easily without having to use auto-stabilize because I can hit scope on the paddle and immediately tap A with my thumb right after instead of having to move my thumb from the stick to the button. Extremely useful.

Plus not having to click the stick in to zoom allows me to keep my aim steady and not get thrown off.

I love this controller it's such a joy to use. The perfect controller for H5.

For my Elite I use two paddles with bumper jumper. Thrust on left and scope-in/ads on the right paddle. This allows me to do stabilize jumps easily without having to use auto-stabilize because I can hit scope on the paddle and immediately tap A with my thumb right after instead of having to move my thumb from the stick to the button. Extremely useful.

Plus not having to click the stick in to zoom allows me to keep my aim steady and not get thrown off.

I love this controller it's such a joy to use. The perfect controller for H5.

I don't kinda understand, I'm on normal controller with bumper jumper, with auto stabilize, jumps are really easy imo, LB - RS - spam LB+LS.

So many folks in this thread say they are "good" at Halo, but there are so many of you stuck in Gold/Platinum.

Technically Plat is not bad, but if you are a decent player, you should be able to move up to Diamond.
Oh no you did not! haha I kid lol. Honestly, from what I've seen, the people that I know or imagine to be pretty good don't boast a lot, and the people who aren't as good, which definitely includes me, just like to talk about the rare and occasional game where we do go off. And yeah, that probably does involve playing against people that are even less good. but it's about mentoring the young padowans man.
EaA0pYv.jpg

Trup1aya

I dunno that you need all that. I played all the other Halo's just fine. But now I'm older, my reflexes slower and it took me a little longer to get comfortable with the sticks this time around.

Even getting into MCC took me a while at launch, and I was damn decent at Halo2 and 3 back in the day.

Just pick a setting, and stick with it for a while, and everything will be alright.

How many more hours for the X GAMES?

Starts in 2 hours. Here's the sched for those too lazy to click through:

Thursday / EST TIME
5:30 PM Group A - Team Allegiance vs. Epsilon
6:30 PM Group B - CLG vs. PENTA Sports
7:30 PM Group A - Renegades vs. Team Liquid
8:30 PM Group B - Evil Geniuses vs. Dream Team

Friday / EST TIME
2:30 PM Group A - Renegades vs. Epsilon
3:30 PM Group B - Dream Team vs. PENTA Sports
4:30 PM Group A - Team Allegiance vs. Team Liquid
5:30 PM Group B - Evil Geniuses vs. CLG
6:30 PM Food Break
7:00 PM Group A - Team Liquid vs. Epsilon
8:00 PM Group B - Evil Geniuses vs. PENTA Sports
9:00 PM Group A - Team Allegiance vs. Renegades
10:00 PM Group B - CLG vs. Dream Team

Saturday / EST TIME
2:30 PM Semifinal #1
4:00 PM Semifinal #2
5:00 PM Food Break
6:30 BM Bronze Medal Match
8:00 PM Gold Medal Match

jem0208

Anyone planning on making a threat on gaming side for the X Games tourney?

I would do but I'm stuck on mobile so it'd be a bit of a pain.

Top Bottom