• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Koutsoubas

Is anyone receiving a ''One or members from your fireteam has high latency'' notification? My connection is just fine and I have no fireteam but it keeps appearing

Thx

I think it was JFoul who mentioned it the other day, how they were a 120 something and posted their unlock stats. I'm currently at 118 and have more unlocked, so that's probably because I followed the Bronze -> Silver -> Gold route pretty much from the beginning without straying. Here are mine:

Customization
Helmet: 187/200
Armor: 188/200
Visor: 56/56
Emblem: 170/254
Stance: 17/18
Assassination: 22/22
Weapon Skins: 47/53

Power Weapons: 74/78
Vehicle: 60/61
Power Up: 12/12​
Loadouts: 100%
6089b70d3f6934dff3f1bf6d1f8bfcff.png

That doesn't look like the standard H5 pistol...
Definitely the M6D! Look at how the magazine sticks out a bit.
Got this when trying to do BTB. Welp.

I did run into Funk the game before, so that was fun, just kept teabagging and corpse shooting him.
Nice lol, I was wondering if that was you.

JackHerer

Not a fan of Riptide either. It's absolutely terrible for slayer and strongholds isn't great either. I really dislike the layout of top mid. It's really only approachable from two narrow corridors on the inside side of the map. Jumping up from outside is a death trap.

The layout of the map is just kind of funky with a weird flow to it. There's a whole corner of the map that is almost never used except to spawn in.

I definitely think Overgrowth strongholds > Riptide strongholds.

Akai__

Is anyone receiving a ''One or members from your fireteam has high latency'' notification? My connection is just fine and I have no fireteam but it keeps appearing

Thx

We saw it earlier, too. Maybe that's why NobleGundam couldn't join our Fireteam and then dropped mid game.

Koutsoubas

We saw it earlier, too. Maybe that's why NobleGundam couldn't join our Fireteam and then dropped mid game.

I dont know who NobleGundam buddy is but this keeps appearing for the last 3 days! It's driving me insane! After testing my ping in USA and EU servers I had decent numbers(60-80ms) so I dont see the point of this message.

Do you think Halo 5 is causing itself connection problems?

Fuchsdh

Just saw this going around on twitter. Good news for Halo 5 if it really does have the best player retention (percentage obviously) since Halo 3.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-4054#entry675131

Yeah at this point if going forward Halo is just a Big Franchise instead of a Monster Franchise, they're going to have to pay attention to that retention far more. If you're a repeat Halo customer, it's probably a good thing.

Akai__

I dont know who NobleGundam buddy is but this keeps appearing for the last 3 days! It's driving me insane! After testing my ping in USA and EU servers I had decent numbers(60-80ms) so I dont see the point of this message.

He is also a HaloGAF'er. haha :D

But yeah, the last time we saw this, 343i actually stated that they were testing something.

No numbers to back it up, and 343 has not been honest about polling pros for Breakout removal. I think it's best to avoid marketing speak and push for actual game improvements.

That wasn't really marketing speak, and I wasn't praising the game instead of pushing for improvements. Just sharing some good news I saw.

Caja 117

No numbers to back it up, and 343 has not been honest about polling pros for Breakout removal. I think it's best to avoid marketing speak and push for actual game improvements.
Meh, I don't see any reason why they should be lying about it, and I'm guessing is based on percentage. not to mention Halo 4 and Halo Reach had considerate drop by this time of their respective release.

Both Halo Reach and Halo 4, based on percentage, saw a really big drop in population after 3 months of release.

E92 M3

That wasn't really marketing speak, and I wasn't praising the game instead of pushing for improvements. Just sharing some good news I saw.

No, I know your intentions were pure. I just want Halo 5 to be driven forward with visible improvements. Small victories aren't enough, if you get what I'm saying!

im_dany

It happens pretty often to me too, I have to force close the game and reopen it hoping I get connected to EU servers

Koutsoubas

It happens pretty often to me too, I have to force close the game and reopen it hoping I get connected to EU servers

I didnt know it stayed connected the whole time to the same server. I thought every mode had a different connection.

Gotta try re-open it again and again i guess!

Add me guyz if you like, same name as here!

Tow

Neo Member
Does anyone have a controller set up that gets the "feel" as close as possible to Halo 3/4?

No matter what settings I use I can't seem to get it right, it seems to change sensitivity mid shot.

im_dany

I didnt know it stayed connected the whole time to the same server. I thought every mode had a different connection.

Gotta try re-open it again and again i guess!

Add me guyz if you like, same name as here!

I don't know if that's true, but it seems plausible to me. I can't think of any other reason for the "high latency" message going on and off whenever I open the game.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I played in a slayer match once were one player on the enemy team got 68% of the kills on his team(34 kills out of 50). No one else on his team broke 10 kills. My team combined only got 30 kills and me and some other player on my team were the only one on the team that broke 10 kills. Despite having a gold rank player on my team we got absolutely destroyed by that one player.

This was the match.

Screenshot-Original.png

I have this happen many times. Most times I was in the receiving end of it, but for once I got to be "that guy":

4QWwCcd.jpg

Basically what's happening is that I was on an European server, and all enemies must have been American/Asian, and I had a 200ms advantage over them. I just killed them left and right, and their bullets wouldn't touch me. I am not that good.

European players are mostly the ones to be the suffering ones, but when once in the blue moon you can get lucky.

Koutsoubas

I have this happen many times. Most times I was in the receiving end of it, but for once I got to be "that guy":

4QWwCcd.jpg

Basically what's happening is that I was on an European server, and all enemies must have been American/Asian, and I had a 200ms advantage over them. I just killed them left and right, and their bullets wouldn't touch me. I am not that good.

European players are mostly the ones to be the suffering ones, but when once in the blue moon you van get lucky.

Where exactly can you see your latency in ms?

Chittagong

Gold Member
Where exactly can you see your latency in ms?

You can't, afaik. The pings have been established by some smart guys at Halo Waypoint forums. But you'll know it for sure, if you know what to look for.

All your hits land, you see enemies in time, grenades leave the moment you throw then => you have server advantage.

Many headshots don't kill an enemy, grenade throws lag or swing an empty hand, enemies are always ahead of you somehow => you are on an out of region server

I can tell it now right away. No way to tell when it happens, except that on your 10 qualifiers you are always out of region :D

Is Diamond 6 the highest you can be ranked right off the bat now? Just watched Spartan absolutely destroy kids in Team Arena (I'm talking like 20-5 every match) and he only matched at Diamond 6.

Caja 117

My favorite post was the guy who purposely tried to get bronze ranking and ended up in gold 2 lol.

He wasn't good enough to get bronze it seems

Is Diamond 6 the highest you can be ranked right off the bat now? Just watched Spartan absolutely destroy kids in Team Arena (I'm talking like 20-5 every match) and he only matched at Diamond 6.

Nah, he just didn't do as good in his placements, I got platinum 2 in arena, and I'm basically going to be having the same stats, until I rank up to my real level.

4QWwCcd.jpg

European players are mostly the ones to be the suffering ones, but when once in the blue moon you can get lucky.

No host advantage, just skillz fam

I realize you're being serious here, I just had to do a bit of shamelss self-promotion.

Haha still haven't had a situation where I've called in any of my RL reqs actually. I've saved like three of all the SPNKR and tube launcher variants. Will have to try them sometime when I'm fighting with a team.
I have this thought in the back of my mind that I will regret using my reqs now, because a new future game mode in Warzone would put them in to better use.

I'd love to get on and play more to contribute more often. For right now though I have to sneak in games when the Mrs. isn't paying attention.

link1201

I have this thought in the back of my mind that I will regret using my reqs now, because a new future game mode in Warzone would put them in to better use.
That's why you earn the certs. I get oni mantis's and ultra banshees regularly now so I'm not hesitate to use them when I can.

blamite

God dammit I'm gonna end up buying the Arena Req bundle, huh. Guess I should grind out a bunch of silvers first though to really get my money's worth?

Need more helmets and gun skins... and emblems...

Top Bottom