• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Play first game of day. Figure "I'll go into Fiesta and have a chill game to warm up". -> Match against Mikwen. I only went -1 but teammates goin' double digit neg bombs so w/e.

Figure "fuck it, I'll just go into FFA since I'm playin' pros anyway in Fiesta". First game (my second placement match of the season) play against some onyxes and 2 champions (including Prototype, another pro, who ended up winning a close match). Still got third.

Feeling notbad.gif.

Nice, when ya going pro :)

Just for reference here's the primary connection we're talking about. Not exactly shit and more than enough for Halo online. I'll test my other ISP connection tonight and post its lame stats too.
5298809595.png

Really happy my first two placement matches were wins in slayer. :)

Feels good when someone tries to run around the pillar in empire, and you just climb up top and ground pound the heathen.

You can't run from me.

Also had a weird assassination as if I timed my sprinting to stop perfectly. when I pressed the melee I went into an assassination animation instead of Spartan charging.
To me it should have been a Spartan charge. Idk but I'll take it. lol

I really hope they post a blog/update tomorrow on when we can expect memories of reach. Plz and ty Tashi, Frankie and 343i lurkers. We see you creeping.

TCKaos

Making an imgur album now with some 50-ish screenshots (which might get reduced for brevity's sake) of HaloGAFCOM After Action Report #0: "Full Party Wipe, New Game?"

Guess what happens.

Strider

One thing I love in OW that would be cool in the req system is the spray paints. Gotta get into the habit of spraying them after getting kills so they show up in the killfeed lol

Like this one

I really like the req system and they could do so much with it. Doubt they introduce a new type of req entirely in H5 but Halo 6 there can be sooooo much more. Id love victory poses and sprays :p

Madness

Did they change some metrics for Super Fiesta. I get far less rare REQ's this week than last week. Last week was guaranteed a legendary a match etc. Now I pretty much just start or get plasma pistols and suppressors and carbines.

TCKaos

HaloGAFCOM After Action Report #0: "Full Party Wipe, New Game?"

I don't know how to delete anything in an album, so I titled anything I wanted to remove but couldn't "Misc."

Here are some shots and descriptions:

Operation: DEMON SHRIEK
0D7KWZJ.jpg

Our first UNSC-GAFCOM joint operation is to rescue a researcher from ADVENT custody. This entails breaking into the least secure prison ever seen, and taking them to a pregenerated evac zone. The team is given 15 rounds to get themselves and the VIP into the area and evacuate the battlefield.

Given his condemnation of the mistreatment of scientists within the UNSC, YourExWife volunteers himself and Prinz Eugn for the op, joined by Jorge-052 and John-117.

Struggle Against Time
Box8fdD.jpg

Here we see the sniper in his natural habitat: close, tight quarters with little cover. ExWife fires this shot and misses. At this point there are only 4 combat rounds until the evac leaves without our troops.

Encounter (Continued)
Ppgaax9.jpg

Wahrer sprints into an area that the game states is safe and totally won't burn him. He pops out of cover and fires a single well placed DMR round that snags the Sectoid in the chest, bringing it down for good.

As I continue to struggle through XCOM 2 I'm open to suggestions for mods and such and, if you'd like to volunteer for service, I'd be appreciative. Some of you have been drafted (such as ExWife and Eugn) and I've taken the liberty of snooping through your Reach shit so that I could copy your likeness as much as possible. I have almost no Halo 4 armor, and in this particular instance only opted to use it because I couldn't find Akai's Reach service record.

The mod affords me pretty much as much customization as there was in Reach with a few quirks here and there and the lack of visor colors.

mo60

I was teamed against PistIn the number 2 halo 5 player in terms of spartan rank right now and some spartan company he is a member of in a warzone turbo match.Literally everyone on his team was SR145+. My team lost that match pretty badly.
Screenshot-Original.png

Another group of players crushed the team I was on even worse than the members of the blacklist spartan company did in another match.
Screenshot-Original.png

The instant the team I was on got out of our home base a bunch of banshees and phaetons were waiting to destroy my team.
Screenshot-Original.png

Well you know what I mean. Genesis nature aesthetics and not purely forerunner.

Remember those crazy trees? Yeah I want that. All over the place.

its plain weird more awesome places from the campaign werent/havent been lifted for maps.

I really, really, really, really, hope post launch support continues in the same capacity post june

Well you know what I mean. Genesis nature aesthetics and not purely forerunner.

Remember those crazy trees? Yeah I want that. All over the place.

A natural environment in Halo 5 arena? Keep dreaming.

:(

its plain weird more awesome places from the campaign werent/havent been lifted for maps.

I really, really, really, really, hope post launch support continues in the same capacity post june

I want them to hold off on Halo 6 until the next console and maintain Halo 5 as a service. Round out the arena maps, add BTB maps, etc...

I think they ill slide information in when Bonnie is on stage talking up Halo Wars 2. Something like; "... I can't wait for all of our Halo Fans to enjoy a revolutionary expeirence with Halo Wars 2 this holiday. But, that's not the only thing we have for our Halo fans this Holiday season. Halo 5 Guardians will still continue to receive content updates as we start ramping up Halo World Championship Two Thousand Seventeen. *fade to black to que video of Halo 5 content update tease and a montage of HWC 2016 finale to generate hype*

A natural environment in Halo 5 arena? Keep dreaming.

:(

I want them to hold off on Halo 6 until the next console and maintain Halo 5 as a service. Round out the arena maps, add BTB maps, etc...

Buildings are cool and all, but Spartans need training in areas that aren't man made :p

Haven't played in days

Gonna be so garbage when I hop back on :(

but ....

6CbxaPc.jpg

One day I'll get an Unfrigginbelievable and my journey will be over. Probably not though. The only time I got one was in Reach and all I did was stay in the Scorpion on Hemorrhage. lol

I can't even get a Perfection in H5 and my highest have only been Killtrocitys and Running Riots. :(

BraXzy

I can't even get a Perfection in H5 and my highest have only been Killtrocitys and Running Riots. :(

I don't think k I've had a single perfection this game. Not that I ever had that many in past games but, it definitely feels harder to stay alive in this one.

Top Bottom