• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Glass

Big news coming out of the update (besides a Sanghelios Warzone map humina humina) is that REQ warthog on a forge pallette.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Skimmed through tonight's HCS matches. Some pretty entertaining games.

I hope the podcast will be available outside of sound cloud soon.

jfoul

firefight-req-reveal-50bd2055e056423b85d5fe9ac76c6a2e.jpg

giphy.gif

FyreWulff

I won my first Halo Wars 2 match even though I was rusty as hell by going mostly energy/supply depot and injecting my obviously less rusty teammate with supplies and energy over and over again.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I need some Firefight. Shame the servers are gonna be borked for a while when it drops.

Trup1aya

These helmets...

I feel like the lead artist at whatever contractor creates this armor, is a 7 year old. And 343i just keeps accepting everything because they don't want to hurt his feelings.

I'm happy to see 343i is tinckery with adding some variety to how they make Warzone and Warzone Assualt maps. But it's a bummer that they are still using Armories. They will definately drop this habit of reusing and remixing with Halo 6 right? .... RIGHT?

Also, it looks like we may be heading to Sanghelios for a Warzone map (yay!)? Surely the Sanghelii wouldn't allow the UNSC to desecrate their home land by installing Armories and Home Bases. I mean can't we just take full advantage of the opportunity here for some interesting architecture?

I got sick of Warzone a while back, getting 2 Warzone maps and 1 Arena is slightly disappointing. Especially since they refuse to put decent forge maps into MM. I'd really like a month where we get 3 arena maps akin to a classic map pack.Getting them drip-fed is unsatisfying, especially when Overgrowth and Riptide were so bad.

I wish there were statistics available on armor pieces worn by players so we can add more fuel to the fire.

That would be skewed towards ugly armor since they're more common and easier to get.

FyreWulff

Also it'd be nice for the final game if you could change around the All Units / Local Units so that you can have All Units be the tap and Local Units be the hold. There's certain situations where it'd be better if i could just tap and redirect fire for everything.

Or just have an option that restores them to their separate bumpers, I guess.

Maybe the funniest gif I've seen from H5 so far, via Reddit

http://i.imgur.com/YcK5acS.gifv
Teammate is like, "cool I'm not dea- you idiot..." lol

I think Frankie is the one designing these helmets.
I laughed =) not sure what is going on with the helmet artists. Thankfully I'm set for like with indomitable. And please no more visors in future updates unless you're going to add awesome reach effects.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
having in blast in the community doubles playlist. make this permanent, please

I got sick of Warzone a while back, getting 2 Warzone maps and 1 Arena is slightly disappointing. Especially since they refuse to put decent forge maps into MM. I'd really like a month where we get 3 arena maps akin to a classic map pack.Getting them drip-fed is unsatisfying, especially when Overgrowth and Riptide were so bad.
Stasis is the only decent one hope this next remix is good.

I really think the one sided matches in warzone could be fixed my putting an expiration on reqs. At first it sounds awful but it would stop people from just not using them. If you are in a team that doesn't use reqs, it's a long 20 minutes...

TCKaos

That would be skewed towards ugly armor since they're more common and easier to get.

Well, you've also got a million kids running around with Mark VI GEN 1 and Noble (did they give Noble away in a pack at some point? Like everyone I see under level 30ish has it).

You've got a few okay armors in the lower tiers, but they're completely overshadowed by a bunch of things that look indistinguishable in their badness. You've got:

• Air Assault
  • Aviator[x3]
  • Legionnaire[x2]
  • Recluse[x2]
  • Recon
  • Recruit[x2]
  • Warrior[x2]

Just in commons. All of those are okay. They packed some of the lower tiers with variants of decent armor but also just a sea of:

• Breaker
  • Commando
  • Goblin
  • Hellcat (which, I get what it's referencing, but still)
  • Interceptor
  • Nomad
  • Seeker
  • Valkyrie
  • Atlas
  • Infiltrator
  • Reaper
  • Vector
  • Viper

And all of their variants (they each have at least 2)

I really think the one sided matches in warzone could be fixed my putting an expiration on reqs. At first it sounds awful but it would stop people from just not using them. If you are in a team that doesn't use reqs, it's a long 20 minutes...

Players should get a number of REQs for free when they open up the game for the first time that day and for every match that they win. The whole reason people aren't using REQs is because they're a precious commodity and they don't want to waste them, so if they get a bunch for free then they wouldn't feel like they were wasting them. Another option would be to give each player a number of default REQs that exist on a timer instead of having a limited number of them, that way every player has a certain number of predetermined REQs during every match. They don't even have to be rare REQs, just good ones. Give people Warthogs and Ghosts and Appetites for Destruction and Railguns and Lawgivers and stuff. None of those are particularly rare, they're all uncommon or common.

Players should get a number of REQs for free when they open up the game for the first time that day and for every match that they win. The whole reason people aren't using REQs is because they're a precious commodity and they don't want to waste them, so if they get a bunch for free then they wouldn't feel like they were wasting them. Another option would be to give each player a number of default REQs that exist on a timer instead of having a limited number of them, that way every player has a certain number of predetermined REQs during every match. They don't even have to be rare REQs, just good ones. Give people Warthogs and Ghosts and Appetites for Destruction and Railguns and Lawgivers and stuff. None of those are particularly rare, they're all uncommon or common.

The issue is even bigger when you consider how dirt cheap REQs become once you unlock everything like us. Unless I'm playing warzone turbo, there's no way to use them faster than I earn them.

Cranster

Banned
The servers have really been horrid lately. I keep getting randomly disconnected from games even though there are no problems with my connection.

TCKaos

The issue is even bigger when you consider how dirt cheap REQs become once you unlock everything like us. Unless I'm playing warzone turbo, there's no way to use them faster than I earn them.

Exactly. When you've unlocked all of your REQs then Gold packs are only 4000 points and I think Silvers are like 3500 (why buy them when you've unlocked all REQs though). Every pack has two boosts, so I am getting a shitload of boosts at the same time it becomes incredibly cheap to buy REQs.

I'm getting Mantises and snipers and rockets and tanks and warthogs and banshees and Answers and shit at a rate that other people are unlocking two derpy helmets covered in white tiger stripes and some Plasma Rifles and Mongeese.

TCKaos

also, where the hell is my red ranger helmet like guy on the left

Art-of-Halo-5-Guardians-07.jpg

its like mp police from reach, that I loved

Where is any of this armor? It looks like the armor a bunch of protagonists would wear. And they all have the same emblem, too, which is on the armor. It'd actually be really neat if you could toggle that.

Also, that's totally what the win poses should look like. Not a bunch of guys fist bumping and chest pounding, not a bunch of guys standing still, shit like this. Win flag? Guy at the top of the leaderboard stands there, massive banning flowing in the wind, with the rest of the team surrounding him on security.

Top Bottom