• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Wait wait wait. Ghost jumping is crouching midair so you don't show up?? God DAMNIT I used that constantly. Can't believe how they choose this shit.

TCKaos

As a filthy casual I enjoy the ghost-jumping fix.

The motion tracker is supposed to display motion above a given velocity. If it doesn't do that in select situations then that's a confusing, muddy mess. The answer for HCS should be to just remove the motion tracker.

jem0208

The motion tracker is supposed to display motion above a given velocity. If it doesn't do that in select situations then that's a confusing, muddy mess. The answer for HCS should be to just remove the motion tracker.

I actually agree with this, if you're going to have the motion tracker at least make it consistent.

The best solution would be to remove the tracker from Team Arena and HCS.

Madness

I actually agree with this, if you're going to have the motion tracker at least make it consistent.

The best solution would be to remove the tracker from Team Arena and HCS.

Pros have already said they don't want it gone because they are used to it. Should be something to look at going forward for Halo 6. No motion tracker for pros. Team Arena removing it means no one will play it if it is available in BTB, Slayer etc. Because it will be exactly what Slayer Pro was in the past or the hardcore playlists. Either you keep radar or remove it from the game altogether.

jem0208

Pros have already said they don't want it gone because they are used to it. Should be something to look at going forward for Halo 6. No motion tracker for pros. Team Arena removing it means no one will play it if it is available in BTB, Slayer etc. Because it will be exactly what Slayer Pro was in the past or the hardcore playlists. Either you keep radar or remove it from the game altogether.

Of course they say that, the game would still probably play better without it...

Honestly I think the main reason those playlists had a lower population was more due to branding than the actual gameplay. Players weren't avoiding the MLG playlists because they didn't have radar. Team Arena is the main Halo 5 playlist, I don't think it would suffer much if radar was removed.

Guys I have a wild theory! :D Phil Spencer said that he wanted to move to the future in terms of first party games on PC and yes of course that is happening with the "Play anywhere" games BUT one of those games is the original Halo Wars on a definitive edition with improved graphics, achievements, all the DLC etc AND a Windows 10 version of a game from 2009 which was exclusive to the Xbox 360 I have a strong feeling that we are going to see ports of ALL the Halo games on Windows 10 BUT only the campaigns to avoid another MCC situation it's just a matter of time, what do you think HaloGAF?

wwm0nkey

Guys I have a wild theory! :D Phil Spencer said that he wanted to move to the future in terms of first party games on PC and yes of course that is happening with the "Play anywhere" games BUT one of those games is the original Halo Wars on a definitive edition with improved graphics, achievements, all the DLC etc AND a Windows 10 version of a game from 2009 which was exclusive to the Xbox 360 I have a strong feeling that we are going to see ports of ALL the Halo games on Windows 10 BUT only the campaigns to avoid another MCC situation it's just a matter of time, what do you think HaloGAF?
I think that's very possible

And...who is gonna do the porting job?

Sorry don't think its gonna happen :(

Anyone know a definitive date for when the 500g xbox one s comes out? I think the 2tb is the 31st of august. For The 500g, online says dec 31st. Lol :'(....

Hdr is getting me hyped tho. Might buy all hdr enabled games just cause.... Lol!

FyreWulff

I should finish the General achieve on 360 Wars 1 before the port comes out. Also wondering what the extend of the HW1 graphical upgrades will be.

And...who is gonna do the porting job?

Sorry don't think its gonna happen :(

Saber Interactive they made the HCA and H2A campaigns and the "project" that I'm talking about only includes the campaigns so 0 multiplayer, Forge, or anything extra like the Halo 3 ODST campaign on Halo MCC also it doesn't have to come out NOW! if you know what I mean

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

paging Stinkles to shoot down this idea since it's been covered to hell and back already

TCKaos

Makes me sad. People just cannot grasp strongholds. If you don't have a communicative team they cap two bases and then lose both trying for the third.

The story of my life in fucking BIG TEAM STRONGHOLDS YOU FUCKS THERE'S ALMOST NO REASON TO TRIPLE CAP WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING

Like, go for two of them. Go for the easiest two to defend. It's not hard to figure out which two. Boulevard? Taxi and Red Bend. Fuck Blue, they can keep Blue. Standoff? Either base and mid. The map that's like Wreckage but good? Top whatever and the one almost right under it. Entombed? Red and Trench. Shit isn't fucking rocket science, randies.

"B-but senpai we need blue base for the triple c-"

FUCK THE TRIPLE CAP. If you run them out of Blue then they'll just spawn at Red and fucking steal it from right under our noses while we're defending whatever the neutral point is because NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND is going to fucking follow you to the other base because THEY KNOW that it'd flip the spawns. You fucking idiots. It's infinitely worse on aysmmetrical maps like Entombed and Boulevard because if they cap Red Bend on either of them then they have infinitely easier access to Taxi/Trench, which is infinitely harder to defend from Blue. So if a randy goes for the triple cap then there's a 75-90% chance that they'll get the script flipped on them in such a way as to GIVE THE ENEMY TEAM A TRIPLE CAP. ONE GUY can fuck it up for the entire team almost instantly and infinitely because they and they alone get greedy.

It's happened to us more than once in a full party of moderately semi-competent players.

And while I'm here fuck all of you people that don't go for Monument either ironically or out of incompetence. Seriously what the fuck is wrong with you. I didn't know your opening gambit was to drop your pants and start lubing up so you can get fucked for 18 minutes.

Trup1aya

Filthy casuals, ruining halo since 2004 :)

Seriously, though, having the radar based on crouch is less confusing than having it based on velocity.

There's no way of knowing exactly what you velocity is. But if radar was as simple as "crouching or standing" it should be a no brainer.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Shoowwww meeeeee

Plus stopping power doss happen with autos right? Or am i just suckzor?

Mmm, that would be a tasty throwback.

Are you guys trying to get this thread locked again?

9568556_merriam-webster-declared-the-hot-dog-a-sandwich_tbcc18ccd.gif

Well, it has been removed for further tweaking since Team Arena became the HCS playlist.

That's great to hear cause if there is one thing we have too much of is game types. At this point they need to just have a separate playlist that Isn't the HCS playlist cause it's the only arena type game with objective modes and hate the fact game types are being removed being it's not in tournaments. My biggest gripe about the game is the fact that there is little game modes in arena. Like where is oddball? The tools are in the game but not in playlist, it's been there for months and nothing has been done with it.

Love the game but come on, hate that I avoid team arena like the plague because I'm the only one of my friends that play this game still and don't feel like going all in by myself.

This playlist is straight cancer. Everything I want in a social playlist is here. Matching pros-check (9 months later still cant make real social lol 343) 1/2 maps are garbage tier-check. This hurts to say, but I'm so glad H5 has had an incredibly lukewarm response and will be dead next year, maybe 343 will wake the hell up? 9 months and no Sell 5, 10, X button? like wtf??? Bad news is im stuck with H5 til CoD4R

This playlist is straight cancer. Everything I want in a social playlist is here. Matching pros-check (9 months later still cant make real social lol 343) 1/2 maps are garbage tier-check. This hurts to say, but I'm so glad H5 has had an incredibly lukewarm response and will be dead next year, maybe 343 will wake the hell up? 9 months and no Sell 5, 10, X button? like wtf???

Yeah I have no clue why the matchmaking algorithm can't just ignore MMR or whatever for social playlists. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

but in terms of other modes, aren't you high onyx/champ? Seems obvious you would match pros.

I have a feeling they're too busy with Halo 6 now to make too many changes to Halo 5.

I predict that after this June update, we won't have much

Just give me control of playlists. I'll fix everything most things. Before anyone says I'll just make everything Torque 24/7, well that hell is reserved for Akai exclusively.

Yeah I have no clue why the matchmaking algorithm can't just ignore MMR or whatever for social playlists. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

but in terms of other modes, aren't you high onyx/champ? Seems obvious you would match pros.

I have a feeling they're too busy with Halo 6 now to make too many changes to Halo 5.

I predict that after this June update, we won't have much

Yeah your right but It a joke it was created this way, how did they think this would be a good idea. And fine it was bad a launch they made a mistake, but N I N E months later its still there...just insane, yet they remove ghost jumping within 3 weeks of me learning about it.

I try to enjoy this game as much as possible but I usually get off pissed 75% of the time within 5 hours. Just ugh, I remember gaming H2 for 12 hours straight having a blast, h5 in its entirety is frustration-central.

Yeah your right but It a joke it was created this way, how did they think this would be a good idea. And fine it was bad a launch they made a mistake, but N I N E months later its still there...just insane, yet they remove ghost jumping within 3 weeks of me learning about it.

Oh yeah that's true. Stuff like ghost jumping, and super slide got patched relatively quickly.

I think it's truly sad that I'm actually most excited about UI/quality of life/playlist changes coming in the June update...if there are any :(

Just me who still regularly enjoys H5 and doesn't throw toys out of pram when I get spanked? 343 goofed on some things, but some of you don't know how lucky you are, imo.

/elitist
/condescending

Really not enjoying Arena matchmaking as of late. Lots of horribly incompetent randoms versus premades. This isn't fun, and it's certainly not fair to match solo against full teams of players while I'm thrown in with Open Mic McGee, Johnny No-Thumbs, and the leaver.

Oh yeah, and the "connection lost" and the end of the game, so I don't get any rewards and then I'm banned from matching into games. Really doing a great job stopping people from quitting games by repeatedly booting me out of games.

Yeah its nice to be back.

How do you have such bad luck with teams?

I guess small population in Aus or time I play or shit MMR from months of server issues.

To be fair, they seem to have done a decent job of feeding you kills.

I will happily share the whole game video, not the case with my play style this game.

I dont see whats wrong? You expect everyone to play well every game? You never have an off game?

Of course I have shit games, I have even posted about getting a donut myself, yeah zero kills.

My point is I expect the system to not punish those getting good stats game after game after game or searching solo/buddy. Just make champs and onyx tiers team wins with all other tiers individual ranks.

Why did the devs chose team wins only across the board even in low tier solo searching?

Top Bottom