• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

link1201

Isn't there going to be a forge panel at RTX? When does that take place? Really hoping forge for Windows 10 is sometime this summer.
Yes, there is.
HALO PANEL
Halo fans both at the show and at home will want to make sure to tune in for this year’s panel. Join 343 Industries stalwarts, Tom French and Dan Ayoub, as they’re joined by Rooster Teeth’s own Burnie Burns, and Matthew Arevalo from Loot Crate – all moderated by the highly immoderate Ms. Kiki Wolfkill – as they discuss the future of Halo’s map and UGC creator, Halo 5: Forge for Windows 10, and the sacrifice of Sgt. Forge and the surviving crew of the Spirit of Fire in Halo Wars 2. Chat, demos, sneak peeks and a QA session are a must for Halo fans, machinima makers and connoisseurs of myth and mirth.
When: Saturday, July 2: 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Watch: Streamed live on twitch.tv/roosterteeth
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-at-rtx-2016

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
WUT?? ALG comeback sweep of Liquid. I feel bad for Liquid. Wow.

wait. did 343 announce a solo queue for wz assault? please say they did!
damn, i'm behind on the stream and thought i'd be safe from spoilers. good job heinz, ryanoob, and co!

EDIT: oh, CTF on fathom was a reverse sweep. thats a bad omen

Top two teams about to go at it next. CLG vs. Team Envyus.
T-minus 2 minutes https://www.twitch.tv/halo

I'll be like
A7MiCV4.jpg

Madness

Why do we have to search the team skins externally to be able to buy them? Such a potential miss for easy sales. Have them in the in game req store.

BradC00

hopefully this means a solo/duo queue is coming to team arena.

also, any reason why stasis is the only new map in HCS? The rocky one (Tyrant?) seems ok for competitive play? It's symmetrical and shit. I get the one stasis is built on (can't remember the name) because it has the pillars that move (hopefully the map team stops that garbage). Haven't played the newest lava map yet, however :(

belushy

Banned
Some kid in that thread saying that farming is worse in normal Warzone than Warzone Assault lol maybe its on a bigger scale but you need a lot more set up in normal WZ to do it. WA is pretty much been set up for farming from the beginning. Good change 343

hopefully this means a solo/duo queue is coming to team arena.

also, any reason why stasis is the only new map in HCS? The rocky one (Tyrant?) seems ok for competitive play? It's symmetrical and shit. I get the one stasis is built on (can't remember the name) because it has the pillars that move (hopefully the map team stops that garbage). Haven't played the newest lava map yet, however :(

Pros didn't really like Assault and Tyrant was really only good for CTF and Assault. Stasis was added and since the pros heard that the Pro Team helped design Stasis, naturally they chose that one. I think Tyrant is better but the middle area is kinda small. Plus I didn't like the floating rock platforms to each base.

link1201

I'd like to see them tighten up the mmr matching. If you've got over 75% wins in WZ, I don't want to play against you. lol

BradC00

Pros didn't really like Assault and Tyrant was really only good for CTF and Assault. Stasis was added and since the pros heard that the Pro Team helped design Stasis, naturally they chose that one. I think Tyrant is better but the middle area is kinda small. Plus I didn't like the floating rock platforms to each base.

but eden and regret slayer blow.

God dammit, that might've been the most frustrating match of Warzone I've ever played. Sorry if I blew out any of your headsets. I'm gonna cool down for a bit; I don't intend to get that angry again.

Does the extra ammo mod affect power weapons too?

I don't believe so.

I think a lot of ny problems with warzone firefight just stem from the fact the prometheans just aren't fun to fight at all, half the time I'm shooting a solider you have no visual feedback on what you're even doing to it. At least knights in 4 had a visible shield. Plus they upped the amount of teleporting which was one of the things i disliked the most about the prometheans.

Also some of the objectives tend to be annoying in that "hey defend this thing! Oh wait its on the other side of the map and the enemies have it down by 25% already"

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Plus they upped the amount of teleporting which was one of the things i disliked the most about the prometheans.
Just a couple games ago I had 4 soldiers teleport out of a building to surround me and melee me to death. It was really odd behavior because usually they stay inside buildings and also total bullshit because there is absolutely nothing you can do to save yourself in that situation.

Also a knight decided to tell me what's up lol

Good games tonight!

Screenshot-Original_1.png

Something something team matching

But seriously, it's just one of those games where I was the right kind of zen tired, where I just didn't really miss many shots. 5 hat tricks was pretty cooool

beware of dick smigel

The most nefarious hobbit of them all.

Well shit.

Now to never use it.

Just started a Firefight match, got dropped in just in time to see the Forerunner core get destroyed. Hadn't even spawned yet. :lol

Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind if they just cut that one altogether. There's just too many enemy spawns to make that one even remotely fun.

EDIT: Well dang.

Vico

Playing Warzone Firefight solo is definitely not the same thing than with a team. Between quitters, inexperienced players who don't do the objectives, and zero teamwork, It's both not fun and hard to win. I think I'll wait for my friends to play that mode...

mo60

This match was painful.
Screenshot-Original.png

My team barely won this match because we had only one base for almost the entire match plus I was kinda crippled by the req system not working in the match so I was stuck with my basic pistol and AR combo the whole match. I did pick up battle rifles and other weapons off the ground at time and did got a lot of kills when I did this but I also died a lot. The enemy team was for some odd reason struggling to take out the mythic grunt mech at the end while we took down one of the standard bosses while they were struggling to take down the grunt mech and we managed to pull ahead in the last minute or so of the match.I also managed to kill Jul with my pistol.Also about half of my team left close to the end of the match.

mo60

I'd like to see them tighten up the mmr matching. If you've got over 75% wins in WZ, I don't want to play against you. lol

I don;t want to face teams with members that have a 98% or 99% win rate or a win rate that is somewhere near that because these matches usually end with my team being destroyed or being farmed for like 10 minutes straight.

Also, wow at the people complaining about the change.At least this change will limit the ampunt of wasps that fly in the sky to spawn trap people in warzone assault matches early in the match.

It feels refreshing for nothing having a garage or fortress as mid base for a war zone map. So good. Attack on Sanctum could be the best Warzone map.

MouldyK

Warzone Firefight is exactly what this Casual Solo Fan needed.

PvE will always be my favourite thing to do in any game.

Even if we lose quite alot.

JMizzlin

Absolutely loving Warzone Firefight. Really galvanised Halo for me tbh.

My one qualm is round 3 Phaeton squads. No party I've been in has managed to beat them yet! Nerf pls Frankle.

Also, I guess while we're on it, it'd be great if the final round countdown didn't start til the enemies had spawned.

Bessy67

I wish people would stop taking huge vehicles on defend the base objectives. You're doing the team no good when you're flying around in a wasp or driving a scorpion while all the enemies are inside the garage...

link1201

I don;t want to face teams with members that have a 98% or 99% win rate or a win rate that is somewhere near that because these matches usually end with my team being destroyed or being farmed for like 10 minutes straight.

Also, wow at the people complaining about the change.At least this change will limit the ampunt of wasps that fly in the sky to spawn trap people in warzone assault matches early in the match.
I'd imagine if you've gotten over 75% wins you're on a team. I wanna play against the 50/50 crowd. lol

I wish people would stop taking huge vehicles on defend the base objectives. You're doing the team no good when you're flying around in a wasp or driving a scorpion while all the enemies are inside the garage...
I wish they would all the to spawn inside. I'd prefer to guard the entrances as the waves try to break in.

Zereta

Is it by design that I can take down 80% of a boss's health and because I left to reload and get some ammo and someone else finished it off, I get zero credit?

Loving Firefight so far but in a mode that is so difficult, having the work I do as part of the team go completely unrecognized in the game is very disheartening.

Top Bottom