• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

I finally got the Halo 2 Battle Rifle.
Screenshot-Original.png

Now I just need to get the prophet's bane and then I will have all the loadout weapons and power weapons unlocked.

Welcome to the club. Your members jacket is in the mail. We meet every other Tuesday. Password is "G0SU is wood tier".

For people that doesn't go to the gaming side too often:

Bravo AKA I don't like HaloGAF said:
I do believe you'd be very pleasantly surprised with not only the number of players who jumped on during the free play period (holy moly lots! by golly it worked!), but also the amount of Halo 5 players each day and month - this isn't something we've talked about yet, but I am rather happy to share that even before the free play period, Halo 5 has had the highest monthly active players for a Halo title since Halo 3.

Also exciting (and not yet discussed, either) is the increase that H5 has seen in players each month over the past few months (we just got done looking at June numbers, which are once again higher than the previous month). As you can imagine this is pretty darn exciting to see, and this thread seemed like an appropriate place to share this news for the first time :)

I'd have to get approval from the powers that be to say more in terms of specifics, but you should rest assured that together, we're quite a strong army.

That's good to hear. What thread is this from?
I'm curious to know how many req packs they sold during the free period.

Here my friend:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1244023&highlight=halo
Be cautious. It's a positive thread about Halo 5. You might think you are on drugs

Bravo AKA I don't like HaloGAF

lol

I'm surprised it has more active players than Reach. Reach was pretty massive.

I was going to do a Reddit joke, oh well ;)
Me too. I thought Reach had a good playerbase

BizzyBum

For people that doesn't go to the gaming side too often:

That's great to hear. I thought it was dropping off every month. This game totally deserves it, too. In my eyes 343 has redeemed themselves from the catastrophe that was Halo 4. While the campaign was average, the MP and core gameplay is the best it's ever been for Halo.

Expectations for Halo 6 are now super high since the framework is set (I'm hoping they don't change much) plus it being developed on more powerful hardware with Scorpio/PC.

I finally got the Halo 2 Battle Rifle.
Screenshot-Original.png

Now I just need to get the prophet's bane and then I will have all the loadout weapons and power weapons unlocked.

I'm jealous, been wanting a H2BR since it came out.... Finally finished Uncommon and Rare items though so I'm close!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
that's great news about the active users in Halo 5.

Man, I was hoping Optic was going to come back. They needed that slayer win. Also, EG continues to disappoint.

Seriously. Even the one right now is turning into a shiz storm. -_- ....

It always happens. The same few people that don't like the game or 343i feel the need to go into every Halo 5 thread, and express their hate for it. We understand, you don't like the game or the direction 343i is taking Halo. Move on if you hate it so much. I don't see why you feel the need to keep repeating yourselves, after the first 50 times we understand you don't like it.

It always happens. The same few people that don't like the game or 343i feel the need to go into every Halo 5 thread, and express their hate for it. We understand, you don't like the game or the direction 343i is taking Halo. Move on if you hate it so much. I don't see why you feel the need to keep repeating yourselves, after the first 50 times we understand you don't like it.

Right? I'm just waiting for Jack to come in and say something along the lines of..

"Halo is not halo with 343, they should make a different game instead of halo beacuse i dont like halo 5."

Also, Solo Q won't come for Halo 5. Its way too late and the MM algorithms would require too much work to change now

Lol. It's literally flick a switch tier work. All they'd have to do is limit teams of three and four to play other team so three and four. They just restricted WZA to teams of 6. There's no need for a seperate playlist.

Finally got around to finishing my placement matches after the break I've been taking. I like how they put me up against +2300 Onyxes premades, good times. Anyways I got Diamond 1, so whatever idc.

Nothing changes.

When I finally do my placements I hope I get lower than diamond, tired of taking this game seriously lol

I wouldn’t mind as much if there were some decent rewards involved with rank, but there isn’t anything. All you get is an emblem that looks almost exactly like the previous month’s emblem and that’s it. What’s the point of trying to do well when it doesn’t mean anything because it’ll get reset in a month or two and the rewards are non-existent. Or you could give us true social playlists.

However, I’m pretty much beating a dead horse.

Which numbers from where?

Because what Halo 3 just counted people who completed multiplayer games within a certain window of time. It didn't count everyone actually signed into Halo 3.

It was a 24 hour daily count. Halo Reach is when they counted active players, but I think it counted only people in matches.

Akai__

Thought people would be interested in this:

Halo 5's core MP is a thing that would be refined and tuned in the future, not rebooted, reinvented or reset. That doesn't preclude any number of improvements, additions or completely new modes and methods of play, but the team does recognize the core strengths, advantages and extensibility of the current MP tune.

It's elementary.

Next 343i Panel is at SDCC btw. Takes place between 21st and 24th July. Most likely about Halo Wars 2, since Dan Ayoub tweeted about it, so not sure if they will have anything about Halo 5 there. Maybe they will tell us in 1 of the CU's.

Thought people would be interested in this:

Next 343i Panel is at SDCC btw. Takes place between 21st and 24th July. Most likely about Halo Wars 2, since Dan Ayoub tweeted about it, so not sure if they will have anything about Halo 5 there. Maybe they will tell us in 1 of the CU's.

Maybe tonight? *crosses fingers t-minus 8 hours

I'm hoping itll be a less occurrence then grinding to onyx like previous months. Still expect it cause my MMR is probably diamond/onyx tier

Your MMR is all that matters for determining your opponents. It's dumb as shit and makes placements pointless after the first couple seasons, but that's the reality.

I'm hoping itll be a less occurrence then grinding to onyx like previous months. Still expect it cause my MMR is probably diamond/onyx tier

Doesn't instill much hope D:

:( .. i looked at my last two matches and both teams had Onyx and/or diamond players.
Yet here i am, mr Platinum pleb wood tier, givin em a good ol' ground pound'n.

seriously love giving people a ground pound in arena.

So I'm completely out of wasps. I only have like 600k RP available to get more. I'm thinking of blowing through like half a million RP (golds and silvers, 4k and 2k each, respectively) in a vain attempt to replenish my stores. If I stream it, would you guys want to watch and maybe make friendly wagers on the final results re: wasp req card #'s?

So can we change the subtitle of the spartan company to "slurpjerking" or would that be too gauche?

My favorite thing "What does latency have to do with anything?" EVERYTHING.

"Where the bullet actually hit"

THAT'S NOT WHERE IT ACTUALLY HIT-- THAT'S THE ENTIRE FUCKING POINT

Top Bottom