• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

m23

Playing firefight with a few competent friends is a blast. Coordinating which weapons and vehicles to bring in and when is so good. The respawn time in Round 5 is a bit much though.

Karl2177

I wish spectator mode would keep following a player even after their match has ended. I've been watching hyper (miss with the h2 beam rifle), but it doesn't follow him once his match is over. I understand why it doesn't, but it would be a nice feature if they could tie matches together.

Guys I need your help I need to know what is the time limit of the Halo Legendary loot crates I mean what is the deadline of the signups for the first one

Akai__

I would wager a bet that your real life job is some type of supervisor/manager.

So hire akia for CM.
so he can boot me from nda surverys lol

You would lose the bet. The only thing I manage is my life.

And I know you are joking, but I wouldn't be able to do that job. I love Halo, but I'd rather play the game and discuss/speculate about it with a community.

343i should hire someone who is well known in the Halo Community
(please no Halo Follower or Ready Up Live, though)
and someone who can write a CU before 4am European time.

belushy

Banned
I wish spectator mode would keep following a player even after their match has ended. I've been watching hyper (miss with the h2 beam rifle), but it doesn't follow him once his match is over. I understand why it doesn't, but it would be a nice feature if they could tie matches together.

Maybe in the new Observer mode...... but who knows we're getting it.

And I know you are joking, but I wouldn't be able to do that job. I love Halo, but I'd rather play the game and discuss/speculate about it with a community.

I love Bravo, BUT THIS IS IMPORTANT

IHaveIce

Banned

Moa!

Or as a European go to bed and read the community update in the morning. Those weekly updates never were released in a European friendly time, even at Bungie. It was always 1-4am.

#RIPclaimerHub

???
Site says:
Order by August 15th at 9pm PT to get yours!

Unless I'm missing something else.

Link

Thanks I'm having some problems on the site because sadly they are not shipping the crates to Mexico FATstronaut is going to help me with that, I just wanted to know when was the deadline thanks for the help

Akai__

I love Bravo, BUT THIS IS IMPORTANT

I thought he would understand after he has been to Germany for Gamescom and stayed up until 4am by himself. Probably not up to him anyways.

Bravo is a good guy, though. Promotion totally deserved.

That would make sure that I'd never read a CU update ever again.

Or as a European go to bed and read the community update in the morning. Those weekly updates never were released in a European friendly time, even at Bungie. It was always 1-4am.

NA and Europe are probably the 2 continents with the most Halo players. If you want to reach your Community by these Community Updates, you should release them at a good time. Even 4 hours earlier would already be good enough for most people.

Reading them on the next day straight up sucks. By that time, it's basically "Schnee von gestern".

With silvers so close to being finished, I'll grab a gold pack bundle before the ultimate sale ends. You can thank me later for those non-monthly-small-ish updates.

Trup1aya

Assault needs to be a permanent playlist..

It'll likely never get its own playlist (just as ctf and strongholds don't have their own) but I really hope it gets added to team arena.

It kinda sux that the pro's have to like it in order for this to happen. I don't mind having a pro playlist, but we need a good old fashioned team objective playlist.

Bit of a shame really that they aren't coming monthly anymore I wonder what that will do to the player count, I feel like a lot of people kept coming back because new stuff was being added in regularly. I know they obviously can't keep it up forever but it would have been nice to get to October so there were a full year of monthly updates.

Yeah. Obviously 343i can't continue to make in-house content at their previous rate. They likely need all hands for their next project. But with the apparent success of the Req system, and alleged growth of the player base over the last few months, it would have been nice if 343, contracted someone to continue making maps, since it appear to to be worth when it comes to sustainment.

Especially now that Certain Affinity has lost their Doom contract.

Fuchsdh

It'll likely never get its own playlist (just as ctf and strongholds don't have their own) but I really hope it gets added to team arena.

It kinda sux that the pro's have to like it in order for this to happen. I don't mind having a pro playlist, but we need a good old fashioned team objective playlist.

Yeah. Obviously 343i can't continue to make in-house content at their previous rate. They likely need all hands for their next project. But with the apparent success of the Req system, and alleged growth of the player base over the last few months, it would have been nice if 343, contracted someone to continue making maps, since it appear to to be worth when it comes to sustainment.

Especially now that Certain Affinity has lost their Doom contract.

That's some rather poor reporting from Polygon. Blame the contractor for the flaws of the game instead of the actual designers? Doubt CA decided on everything in a vacuum.

Trup1aya

That's some rather poor reporting from Polygon. Blame the contractor for the flaws of the game instead of the actual designers? Doubt CA decided on everything in a vacuum.

Well I think Polygon was just reporting the news (which was first reported by Eurogamer after an interview) we don't know if their contract initially included post-launch support. But it's pretty telling that iD announced the move 1 month after launch, and in an interview about the MPs issues. It seems to me that iD used CA as the scapegoat.

But now that those guys seem to have a little less on their plate, I'd love to have them working in Halo content!

Fuchsdh

Well I think Polygon was just reporting the news (which was first reported by Eurogamer after an interview) we don't know if their contract initially included post-launch support. But it's pretty telling that iD announced the move 1 month after launch, and in an interview about the MPs issues. It seems to me that iD used CA as the scapegoat.

But now that those guys seem to have a little less on their plate, I'd love to have them working in Halo content!
Oh no I definitely got the sense Id was leaving CA to roast, but it's stupid that the journo isn't interrogating that premise at all.

Yeah, it's impossible for 343 to keep making monthly updates in house. They have to work on the new project and I think the Req System will give less money as the months go by because more people have all the items (except for paid skins and stuff like that)

Yeah, it's impossible for 343 to keep making monthly updates in house. They have to work on the new project and I think the Req System will give less money as the months go by because more people have all the items (except for paid skins and stuff like that)

They need to add
new
BTB
maps.

Akai__

Like Tom French said at the RTX Panel: "It's all about time and ressources."

He also said that we will be happy, so there is that.

Trup1aya

Yeah, this I why I wish they would have a more robust economy.

Currently items are actually Rare. There is actually an unlimited number of each item, gated only by how much a player is willing to play/spend to get them all. There is a finish line for everyone.

If they had truly limited items, and a way to buy/sell/trade them... It would keep the RP and $ circulating and generate revenue for continued investment.

The current system makes RP useless once you're done with Reqs.

Zereta

HaloGAF, as I've been getting more and more back in Halo 5, I've unlocked a couple of legendary REQs and that led me to a question...

Why would I ever use any of those if I lose them after one use? (or in the case of Firefight, lose them after 5 seconds becaue 5 Knights and 15 Crawlers spawned right in front of me)

Like I got Tartarus' Gavel and Nornfang earlier and was PUMPED and then I realized I will never use those items ever because I like having them and what are the odds I'll see them ever again.

Legendary and Mythic REQs shouldn't be a one-time use, rather an item that can be re-obtained with RP. They're like trophy weapons, once you have em, they're yours but you gotta spend RP that you would spend on packs to get them again.

I was looking forward to getting the Halo CE Pistol after using it on one of the BTB maps, now not so much.

Trup1aya

HaloGAF, as I've been getting more and more back in Halo 5, I've unlocked a couple of legendary REQs and that led me to a question...

Why would I ever use any of those if I lose them after one use? (or in the case of Firefight, lose them after 5 seconds becaue 5 Knights and 15 Crawlers spawned right in front of me)

Like I got Tartarus' Gavel and Nornfang earlier and was PUMPED and then I realized I will never use those items ever because I like having them and what are the odds I'll see them ever again.

Legendary and Mythic REQs shouldn't be a one-time use, rather an item that can be re-obtained with RP. They're like trophy weapons, once you have em, they're yours but you gotta spend RP that you would spend on packs to get them again.

I was looking forward to getting the Halo CE Pistol after using it on one of the BTB maps, now not so much.

Once you get a certification for a weapon, it'll show up much more frequently in req packs.

For example, Eventually you'll get a norfang cert, then there will be a high chance of getting Norfangs in subsequent gold packs.

Won a game of slayer and my console locked up so much that it did a full reset by itself. Green boot up screen for the minute plus to get back to the dashboard. Never had the console crash like that before.

Top Bottom