• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Anyone getting the new Xbox? I'm thinking about it.

Heck yeah! Already pre-ordered the 500g version. Just waiting for the official release date for that to be announced. So far the 2tb is Aug 2nd. Crossing my fingers the 1tb/500g come out a week later.

My 4k tv is ready. >=D

I need to buy a 4k first I suppose to make it worth it.

True. The only thing that has me a bit worried is the audio support. Right now, there is no confirmation from MS that it will support the soundtracks the 4k blu-rays/streaming movies have, such as dolby atmos... I'd really be annoyed if i end up watching a 4k bluray and then find out the soundtrack isn't being properly processed in my receiver.

Anywho, it's only worth it if you have a 4k tv (with HDR technology imo). Which hdr tech they will use, is a mystery too. Hopefully both dolbyvision and hdr10 will be included. Still waiting to see which version Gears 4 will use.

None the less, im excited to have a dedicated 4k device soon.

Fuchsdh

Anyone getting the new Xbox? I'm thinking about it.

Don't have and won't have a 4K monitor I'm probably going to be hooking up any time soon, so no pressing reason too (even though it'd be nice to have smaller console.) We'll see what Scorpio ends up looking like down the road.

I really hope the price is attactive like the price for the Xbox One S (500g). Of course, not at $299, but a good price point for what is offered.

The base Scorpio will be $399 (probably with a 500GB HD). I bet they will give you 100 bucks for your X1 bringing that price down to $299.

Madness

The base Scorpio will be $399 (probably with a 500GB HD). I bet they will give you 100 bucks for your X1 bringing that price down to $299.

They launched Elite controller at $149.99 USD. They are launching the 2TB Xbox One Slim at $399. I think next year, a Scorpio with the specs they are providing won't be less than $499 USD at launch

Fuchsdh

That is what I'm expecting. Can't see a 6tf system going for less.

Well, a lot of it depends on what the PS4K does and doesn't and its price point. I dunno if MS can really afford to have a much pricier and powerful console; they're not playing from a position of strength sales-wise.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
They launched Elite controller at $149.99 USD. They are launching the 2TB Xbox One Slim at $399. I think next year, a Scorpio with the specs they are providing won't be less than $499 USD at launch

or more. microsoft is positioning scorpio as the top of the line bleeding edge tech for enthusiasts. they wont take a massive hit to reach the masses, xbone will be for that.

Just had a hilarious clip, could envision a top rated post on reddit and 2k youtube views....and it lags me out with 9 seconds to go, so the film doesn't exist GG 343

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I cant wait for the Scorpio to come out. My brother works at Best Buy so he is going to get me a deal on 2 4k TV's and 2 Scorpio's once they come out. I am going to teach summer school next year to get the money to pay for it all. I really do hope older games like Halo 5 will see some performance boost outside of just having their resolution upscaled.

I cant wait for the Scorpio to come out. My brother works at Best Buy so he is going to get me a deal on 2 4k TV's and 2 Scorpio's once they come out. I am going to teach summer school next year to get the money to pay for it all. I really do hope older games like Halo 5 will see some performance boost outside of just having their resolution upscaled.

Nice!!! that will be very exciting time for you. :)

Performance wise, it's already locked at 60fps. Might be too much of a time-hog to implement anything else.

Leyasu

Banned
I really hope the price is attactive like the price for the Xbox One S (500g). Of course, not at $299, but a good price point for what is offered.

Scorpio will be 399 minimum I reckon... I will be there day one, and my gf has agreed to me getting a new tv to go with it lol

I cannt wait to see what 343 pull off with it. Hopefully they will go the 1080/60 route, and try to make our eyes bleed

Trup1aya

I don't like Traviss' Halsey, but Nylund's was pushing on Mary Sue territory, tbh. I like how she's writen in Spartan Ops and 5. Good middle ground.

I didn't mind Traviss' Halsey. I disliked ONIs treatment of her: making her the scapegoat for for a program they all agreed to and benefitted from... But that's how ONI operates.

I didn't mind Traviss' Halsey. I disliked ONIs treatment of her: making her the scapegoat for for a program they all agreed to and benefitted from... But that's how ONI operates.

One and the same, tbh. It's not just ONI, it's essentially every character in the book. Even some of the IIs are throwing shade her way. When you write a character that's despised by every single sympathetic character in the book, it's clear that whatever her personality traits on her own, you want her to be despised.

jem0208

I used an Ultra-Rare RP Victory for arena... it gave me 1400rp in total.........................
Exactly, completely pointless...

On another note I just had an amazing game of big team slayer on guillotine.

6jhkRcb.png

I’m meanbean by the way.

The guy who went 0 and 15 on my team has a kda of -5.8... His tool of destruction is mêlée at 99 kills...

CE to me has hands-down the worst maps in the series. As much as I like them and have fond memories of them, the multiplayer was a rush job and the maps really feel like it. Corridors and teleports and campable spots galore, combined with a spawning system that was incredibly easy to abuse. CEA really highlighted that (and despite the gratuitous power weapon additions all of Certain Affinity's remakes were much better than the original Bungie maps.) With some love and the fact that people aren't spawning with 3SK weapons with basically unlimited ammo these days you can make them play a lot better.

But there's no saving Chiron.

This is correct.

One and the same, tbh. It's not just ONI, it's essentially every character in the book. Even some of the IIs are throwing shade her way. When you write a character that's despised by every single sympathetic character in the book, it's clear that whatever her personality traits on her own, you want her to be despised.

Yeah, it would have been far more interesting if it was treated even ambiguously as a Machiavellian ONI thing rather than being presented as the sincere feelings of main the characters you are obviously supposed to identify with. Something like:

Character A: "This Halsey, thing I dunno man, doing what she did to those kids was pretty messed up."

Character B: "The focus is strange. It's not like she was working alone; you don't make super-soldiers in your garage. ONI obviously isn't giving us the whole story."

Character A: "Yeah, but what do I know already I don't like."

Character C: "SHUT YER FACEHOLES TIME TO KILL SOME HINGEHEADS"

Trup1aya

Naomi was understandably emotionally torn since she has an opportunity to get reaquainted with her family, and Sarin was essentially brain washed by the Vice Admiral. I found it to be a bit of poetic justice when she learned at last that Halsey had actually saved her from a life of hardship and almost certainly a childhood death, and actually enabled her to become the most powerful human in the Universe.

Mendez' attitude toward Halsey doesn't make much sense... Beyond that though, I was fine with it.

Fuchsdh

Naomi was understandably emotionally torn since she has an opportunity to get reaquainted with her family, and Sarin was essentially brain washed by the Vice Admiral. I found it to be a bit of poetic justice when she learned at last that Halsey had actually saved her from a life of hardship and almost certainly a childhood death, and actually enabled her to become the most powerful human in the Universe.

Mendez' attitude toward Halsey doesn't make much sense... Beyond that though, I was fine with it.

Yeah, Mendez is the only one I don't think quite gels well, in part because we really never got much interplay between Halsey and Mendez personally. In the end though the books have plenty of perspectives aside from Halsey hate (the trilogy ends with BB's brain donor saying that while it's easy to scapegoat Halsey, he knows he enabling it along with everyone else.)

Nope. They will have something ready for the "Starting at $399" splash screen for next year's E3. Microsoft got kicked in the nuts by Sony on their price. It won't happen again.

Exactly, completely pointless...

On another note I just had an amazing game of big team slayer on guillotine.

6jhkRcb.png

I’m meanbean by the way.

The guy who went 0 and 15 on my team has a kda of -5.8... His tool of destruction is mêlée at 99 kills...

Yeah i think im just gonna end up selling everything except xp for arena. So deflating. Lol

Yeah, it would have been far more interesting if it was treated even ambiguously as a Machiavellian ONI thing rather than being presented as the sincere feelings of main the characters you are obviously supposed to identify with. Something like:

Character A: "This Halsey, thing I dunno man, doing what she did to those kids was pretty messed up."

Character B: "The focus is strange. It's not like she was working alone; you don't make super-soldiers in your garage. ONI obviously isn't giving us the whole story."

Character D: "hurr durr... Scientists are all heartless idiots. Fuckin eggheads are the problem with everything. The fact that they're the only reason we're alive is beside the point. Hate fuckin eggheads..."

Trup1aya

But all of the main characters where ONI shills essentially. It's not like we got any insight from a true outsider.

1: The stories followed Insurrectionts who had their children kidnapped.

2: Adults who were kidnapped, then lied to for decades, only to learn the truth of their past after decades of non-stop combat

3: officers and operatives within a showy organization who only are trained to carry out missions without regard for personal ethics. They are content with being on a "need to know basis"!Part of one persons mission apparently included scapegoating Halsey every chance she gets in order to save face.

I guess the story could have benefited from a nuetral party. But why would ONI hire an operative if they couldn't get him/her to subscribe to their doctrine?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Got the Collectors Edition today for $40. Pumped to have a digital copy now.

Also, open my free login req pack and got the whispered truth magnum. Nice to get some ultra rares in those packs.

Madness

Nope. They will have something ready for the "Starting at $399" splash screen for next year's E3. Microsoft got kicked in the nuts by Sony on their price. It won't happen again.

They got kicked in the nuts because they introduced a console significantly weaker than their competitors along with always online, no used games and forcing Kinect on users at the height of the NSA spying paranoia.

There is no way in hell the specs they are promising for a next year launch will be $399. Everything they've said about it has been that it is meant to complement the other Xbox Ones but is for hardcore gamers. Scorpio will smash PS4K if the rumored specs stay the same. Scorpio is a console for 4K television owners and owners who want to push their visuals to the max (on a console). It isn't being pushed as low level mainstream adoption.

Trup1aya

They got kicked in the nuts because they introduced a console significantly weaker than their competitors along with always online, no used games and forcing Kinect on users at the height of the NSA spying paranoia.

There is no way in hell the specs they are promising for a next year launch will be $399. Everything they've said about it has been that it is meant to complement the other Xbox Ones but is for hardcore gamers. Scorpio will smash PS4K if the rumored specs stay the same. Scorpio is a console for 4K television owners and owners who want to push their visuals to the max (on a console). It isn't being pushed as low level mainstream adoption.

I dunno, the Scorpio is slated to sell at a premium. But come holiday 2017 $399 would be a premium price to pay for a console this late in the cycle, and those specs should be obtainable by then w/o breaking the bank.

I can see it coming in a $399, but I also see the $499 argument as well.

One subscriber from my YT channel draw this to me and asked me to share it with you because he says that we should not give up on the Achilles helmet :')

UaE8cyK.png

One subscriber from my YT channel draw this to me and asked me to share it with you because he says that we should not give up on the Achilles helmet :')

UaE8cyK.png
For some reason I had a super strong urge to play Destiny
(dear god pls help me)
, so it'll be a while till I can contribute.

We're definitely getting it though. Perhaps when Halo 6 launches

Cheeky little opener solo OS/bomb arm last night. I could almost feel the enemy sigh about it.

http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/66abc6f7-5128-4c5f-a657-c3ec10d7f50b

Also a trade in on X1 to Scorpio would be nice, hopefully splitscreen coop and multi returns to Halo. I don't want to buy another xbox for my son and I to play together.

In Assault Preview I've been losing to Onyx teams recently, rightly so as they out slay me/randies team consistently, but last night I got my revenge on an Onyx party. I even had the game turning/winning solo stealth arm despite us getting out slayed big time:

Screenshot-Original.png

FyreWulff

Sony was also more willing to push the camera over the side of the boat to hit that 400$. Microsoft should have either made Kinect optional or eat the Kinect's cost in hopes of getting it established.

It's so fucking weird though how the One Kinect is like, fucking gone, and it came with most Ones, while the 360 it was a late addon and seems to have retained more Kinect integration than the One.

Bessy67

I feel like people in firefight always forget about their cheap req power weapons, and some of them are really good in certain situations. Defend against prometheans objectives get a lot easier if you have a couple people call in Closed Fists or Razor's Edges.

Got the Collectors Edition today for $40. Pumped to have a digital copy now.

Also, open my free login req pack and got the whispered truth magnum. Nice to get some ultra rares in those packs.

I usually get at least one legendary out of the daily packs everyday. Actually pulled two legendary warthogs and one Sword of the Faithful yesterday.

Top Bottom