• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

When you and your one time opponent join the same team and become best friends

ZiEcWgo.gif

what it's a reference to

Lmao, so good.

I'm gonna be in a a sort of AMA in ten minutes if anyone wants to ASK ME ANYTHING

https://zettabytempr.wordpress.com/conference/

btb pistol starts

will we see master chief in a ponch again?

would you let a grunt bake you a cake?

will you fix matchmaking for us solo que plebs?

when will we hear more about the next content update?

will you update halo 5 with hdr? TROLL-LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Is there a H5 GAF group or party that is in need of a 4th or something? I'm solo que since I just got an XB1 and I tend to gravitate toward unranked playlists because my luck wanes within the ranked playlist from que to que. I'd love to group up with some Gaffers for some Slayer or SWAT.

Also, Super Fiesta is awesome. I love it so far.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Whoa, just had a focused game with February levels of lag - grenade throws just hand waves with no product, assassination guy would just disappear, I'd die around the corner. Fingers crossed it's an one off, the games have been so very good recently.

Sai

Gotta finish up with the Bolt Shot and Binary Rifle(both at Level 3), and I'll finally have all the weapon Commendations done.

Is there a H5 GAF group or party that is in need of a 4th or something? I'm solo que since I just got an XB1 and I tend to gravitate toward unranked playlists because my luck wanes within the ranked playlist from que to que. I'd love to group up with some Gaffers for some Slayer or SWAT.

Also, Super Fiesta is awesome. I love it so far.
We have a Spartan Company, but I'm not sure if it's still full.

What time do you usually play? Or were you looking for some folks to play with you right now?

So I played the campaign again and I've been thinking. At the end of Halo 4 Cortana clones her rampant personalities. So what if the Cortana in Halo 5 is one of the rampant clones, the part of Cortana that thought AI's are superior to humans. Not only that, if that rampant clone had survived there could possibly be many Cortana clones scattered around the galaxy.

vVEZDzC.png

So now I get to this thing here which I thought would be Halo 5, but now looking at it could be set after Halo 5; which is Master Chief finding the rampant "Cortanas".

So, what if the plot of Halo 6 is that only way to stop Cortana and the created is to find all the rampant personalities of Cortana, make her complete again. When complete she'll realize what she is doing is stoopid and then we will all live happily ever after, the end.

End silly fan theory.

Fuchsdh

So I played the campaign again and I've been thinking. At the end of Halo 4 Cortana clones her rampant personalities. So what if the Cortana in Halo 5 is one of the rampant clones, the part of Cortana that thought AI's are superior to humans. Not only that, if that rampant clone had survived there could possibly be many Cortana clones scattered around the galaxy.

vVEZDzC.png

So now I get to this thing here which I thought would be Halo 5, but now looking at it could be set after Halo 5; which is Master Chief finding the rampant "Cortanas".

So, what if the plot of Halo 6 is that only way to stop Cortana and the created is to find all the rampant personalities of Cortana, make her complete again. When complete she'll realize what she is doing is stoopid and then we will all live happily ever after, the end.

End silly fan theory.

As far as we know rampancy doesn't really work like that—if an AI could eject a rampant part of yourself that could exist independently what would stop AIs from just cloning themselves incessantly to keep rampancy at bay? And we've never seen rampancy as informing personality in a way that makes sense you could "fix" that rampant part and end up with a fundamentally different AI.

I assume O'Connor's story in Tales from Slipspace will clear up a lot of ground in that regard, however. I'd willing to bet money the "it's not really Cortana" crowd are going to be disappointed.

As far as we know rampancy doesn't really work like that—if an AI could eject a rampant part of yourself that could exist independently what would stop AIs from just cloning themselves incessantly to keep rampancy at bay? And we've never seen rampancy as informing personality in a way that makes sense you could "fix" that rampant part and end up with a fundamentally different AI.

I assume O'Connor's story in Tales from Slipspace will clear up a lot of ground in that regard, however. I'd willing to bet money the "it's not really Cortana" crowd are going to be disappointed.

I never knew this was happening, gonna pick it up when it comes around.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I got the finished inks and lettering on that story last week.

jem0208

Jesus, H5’s multiplayer has spoiled me. Been playing some Destiny recently after picking up the Taken King on sale and the PvP is just awful in comparison...

jem0208

Yeah I picked it up too and am regretting it...
Honestly, I’m actually quite enjoying the PvE, the Taken King was a massive step up from vanilla destiny. The PvP still sucks giant fucking balls though, it is awful.

Anyway, probably shouldn’t talk too much about this or we’ll get HaloGAF banned again...

Gotta finish up with the Bolt Shot and Binary Rifle(both at Level 3), and I'll finally have all the weapon Commendations done.

We have a Spartan Company, but I'm not sure if it's still full.

What time do you usually play? Or were you looking for some folks to play with you right now?

I usually play in the evenings around 8 pm EST. Weekends are sporadic. Not looking for anything immediate, but I'd love to hook up with some Gaffers when I'm on.

The only problem with stuff like the Wahrer Boltshot is while that logic sounds fine on paper and would be kinda intuitive after figuring it out, if you try applying similar logic to even 50% of the existing sandbox things start falling apart and become a bit too complicated for someone just jumping in. I mean hell, just look at how many people here had no idea you could charge the new Incineration Cannon.

I honestly think it'd be worth exploring a KI Dojo-type series of tutorials if we got more technical weapons (and it would also allow new players to pick up on Halo mechanics, e.g. shields versus health, headshot capability, etc.), but at the same time I can't imagine the average shooter player would subject themselves to weapon tutorials like that.

I see you replying to your own top of page post :)

I really enjoy the REQ system and variety of weapons but prior to FF/Forge updates players had very little time to discover the nuances of unlocked or tiered weapons. I need to spend some time with Forge now to climatise myself, also vary up my REQ weapon usage in FF for this same reason.

Completely agree on the KI Dojo tuts as well. Throw in some music and medal pop ups as well, shit turn some solo FF into Dojo type stuff. The code would mostly be there for this too. Add some scripting, some voiceover work and BAM. Rounds check, REQs/level check, post carnage check, UI overlays during rounds check...etc.

The other route is something like COD where you have the time trials and scores for tutorials, that's pretty damned sweet too.

H3 is the GOAT.
It's my least favorite Halo.

I actually forgot about H4, that's how bad it was.

I'm referring to the MP. I can't enjoy H3 MP. I tried to play today (if you are playing a multi playlist on MCC you are forced to play H3 lol) and I can't like. It's my opinion though.
Akai will kill me in my sleep

I'm referring to the MP. I can't enjoy H3 MP. I tried to play today (if you are playing a multi playlist on MCC you are forced to play H3 lol) and I can't like. It's my opinion though.
Akai will kill me in my sleep

The game really hasn't aged well at all when it comes to gameplay.

Low ass FoV
Slow ass movement
Weapons are just shit for the most part.

The maps are good though.

I'd rather play Halo 3 than have shite from CoD continue to inundate halo.

Halo 4 was shite... halo 5 was a step in a better direction, sans Microtransactions and sprint and ADS.

Halo 4 was shite... halo 5 was a step in a better direction, sans Microtransactions and sprint and ADS.

I'm not defending we should introduce more Cod stuff. At all.
I don't think "ADS" is a problem in Halo 5, but I know some people don't like it.
Sprint isn't unbalanced anymore, but Halo could live without it.
Microtransactions are fine. Really fine.

Akai will ban me in my sleep
On a good connection with BR starts on certain maps like Guardian, Halo 3 can be fun. But that only holds true today because when H3 was the most populated Halo game between 2007-2010, it was a goddamn nightmare for me. Many feel that way about it today, how it didn't age well, but imagine how those felt who disliked it back then and wanted something more in line with what we have today.

The reason I like Halo 3 nowadays is because it's generally less laggy, is 1080/60, and isn't the Halo game most people are playing. Halo 5's multiplayer, for me, made Halo 3 more enjoyable as a palette cleanser to revisit the days of Halo's past, for better and worse.

Trup1aya

I feel like ADS and Sprint are basically non-issues (though I hope the nerf Spartan Charge).

As far as microtransactions, I genuinely enjoy opening up req packs and getting items. The fact that people can choose to buy them instead of earning them doesn't effect my enjoyment at all.

I think Halo is more than just a step in the right directions. Its far from perfect, but many ways it's better than its predecessors.

jem0208

The microtransactions in H5 are a complete non-issue.

I’ve played a tonne of Warzone without ever having bought a req pack and I’ve never had an issue.

Kinda like how ADS is a complete non-issue.

Sprint I can take or leave, it works fine in H5 but they could remove it and it’d still be an amazing game.

Trup1aya

So at one point today, Halo5 was the top topic on Reddit thanks to this minigame

1: the reception of this minigame really makes me wish forge was available from launch. I think the "sustain" efforts would have been more effective.

2: it also further makes me wish we had custom browsers. Why bungie&343 no like customs browsers?

The Flash

Banned
I'd rather have sprint remain personally. DOOM 2016 has made me realize that I crave faster paced shooters, even though that game didn't have sprint. Y'all know what I mean.

ADS on the Pistol is unnecessary. I wanted to test a 5sk Pistol with a 2x zoom by combining the CE Pistol and H5 Pistol, but couldn't get it to work. It's a shame how the H5 Pistol only has the increased ammo variant but none with a classic zoom, energy bullets, silencer, etc. like the other loadout weapons received.
I'd rather have sprint remain personally. DOOM 2016 has made me realize that I crave faster paced shooters, even though that game didn't have sprint. Y'all know what I mean.
You want sprint because you like fast paced shooters, then you mention how DOOM doesn't have it, but you expect us to know what you mean.

So no.. I don't know what you mean :b -- You can clearly have fast paced shooters without sprint. In fact, it's easily arguable that shooters can be more fast paced without sprint artificially slowing combat down: you can't shoot while sprinting, and people sprint away from battles all the time.

FyreWulff

Show of hands, how many people have a working 360? Doesn't have to be specifically hooked up, just in your possession.

edit: this is Halo related

Top Bottom