• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

FyreWulff

Does that help in LASO tho?

Ah, I got confused since he was talking about saving the checkpoint, so no.

You can delay Halo 2 checkpoints by jumping around though. It's checkpointing system is pretty weird. One time I couldn't even get the game to give me checkpoints for the entirety of Sacred Icon until I save-quit the mission and restarted it completely.

So if you're doing the save-quit method, you can delay checkpoints by jumping around, and if you haven't gotten one a while, reload all your weapons and stay completely still for a bit until it gives you the checkpoint.

And if it does the no checkpoint glitch.. you're just fucked.

Fuchsdh

You can delay Halo 2 checkpoints by jumping around though. It's checkpointing system is pretty weird. One time I couldn't even get the game to give me checkpoints for the entirety of Sacred Icon until I save-quit the mission and restarted it completely.

So if you're doing the save-quit method, you can delay checkpoints by jumping around, and if you haven't gotten one a while, reload all your weapons and stay completely still for a bit until it gives you the checkpoint.

H2 checkpoints just suck. I guess it was possible to get fail checkpoints in H1, but it never happened to me, and it became a really easy setup to manage them (a la Rockslider's vids). Whereas H2 will decide to give you one at really bad opportunities, especially as I've been trying to speed run in on Legendary.

FyreWulff

The only thing I could think of that could get you out of that situation is to immediately jump down to the lower detention cell ledges and let the Covies come to you. Don't even try to go forward. Just jump down. You can camp the mini grav lifts because they can't animate out of them too.

H2 checkpoints just suck. I guess it was possible to get fail checkpoints in H1, but it never happened to me, and it became a really easy setup to manage them (a la Rockslider's vids). Whereas H2 will decide to give you one at really bad opportunities, especially as I've been trying to speed run in on Legendary.

The only time I got really screwed was when we went up to the top of the buildings on AotCR with the banshee and then the banshee fell down.

"Checkpoint"

"well shit"

Cranster

Banned

That's the problem though, before I evven get out of the lift I'm already dead 100% of the time which always make's me have to restart the entire level.

FyreWulff

That's the problem though, before I evven get out of the lift I'm already dead 100% of the time which always make's me have to restart the entire level.

Throw grenades or shoot.

I die a lot on that one at the start before the cinematic bars even go away, so yeah..

Anybody want to play any? I've just been playing daily to get a couple of gold packs or try to help the sc in anyway. Though never play for long because the game is missing something without people to communicate with or just talk to.

Also I know it's a stretch but maybe they could do one last update to get everybody on for a little bit longer. They could do some wasp variants and maybe some arena forge maps or something and add in some of the missing game types. Who knows we can still dream. Like btb pistol starts.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Halo 5 needs a new medals / achievements

'Tard Spree'
Lose 5 games in a row with a positive K/D ratio, because you were matched with idiots.

'Tard Frenzy'
Drop 2 ranks with a positive K/D ratio, because you were matched with idiots.

The Flash

Banned
"Elzar"
Be the reason why your team lost

"Nostalgia"
Make a post asking "What happened to Halo?" on Halo Waypoint

"Pixel Counter"
Make a post complaining about the number of pixels not being used because of the game running on hardware you were never planning on buying

Cranster

Banned
oh yeah. restart the level :(
I have about 6 times atleast. 343 needs to hurry up and make LASO on Halo 2 easier like they said they would in 2014.

We have heard community feedback and reviewed LASO related achievements. As a result, we are going to a more classic set of skulls to use for these achievements that reflects what it means to have Legendary All Skulls On for each playlist. We look forward to seeing LASO enthusiasts conquer a gentler Halo 2 Anniversary in the near future.

Reinstalled Halo 5

"Halo 5 needs an update - 41GB"

DZTXhmC.gif

DZTXhmC.gif

DZTXhmC.gif

Halo 5 needs a new medals / achievements

'Tard Spree'
Lose 5 games in a row with a positive K/D ratio, because you were matched with idiots.

'Tard Frenzy'
Drop 2 ranks with a positive K/D ratio, because you were matched with idiots.

The life of a solo player in a nutshell.

Reinstalled Halo 5

"Halo 5 needs an update - 41GB"

What, did you think the DLC was just gonna stay on your HDD after you uninstalled it?

C'mon man, should've been obvious you were gonna face a huge GB update when you going to reinstall vanilla Halo 5.

This ain't the Halo 3 days anymore where updates were MBs instead of GBs, space compression is basically non-existent now that we can have TB Hard Drives.

"Elzar"

"Nostalgia"

"Pixel Counter"
Make a post complaining about the number of pixels not being used because of the game running on hardware you were never planning on buying

Damn right, because of how god damn distracting my crotch is.

IHaveIce

Banned
"Elzar"

"Nostalgia"

"Pixel Counter"

The last one can also be called "Gamingside Gaffer"

Elzar one is on point

Akai__

I'll be majorly disappointed if it isn't used this weekend, to be honest. No reason why we shouldn't have at least gotten an update on its progress.

They have been using it on last weeks EU finals a coupple times. Don't see why they wouldn't use them again on the NA finals.

Also, speaking of the NA finals. Why is Simms and Gaskin there? Can we have better casters? Walshy is way better than any of these 2 clowns.

Top Bottom