• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

I mean if they were making maps like High Ground or Burial Mounds or Powerhouse I'd be fine with non-competetive maps, but when it's something like Overgrow that's just not good anywhere it really does feel like a waste. (I think Riptide is fairly good though, and I prefer Torque over Stasis by a fair margin)

Riptide consists of camping blue room now, it's awful.

Not bad for almost a year later, for a smaller tourney.

#weback

Qb3Hbyj.jpg

Trup1aya

The RB6 pro league had more than Halo. It was their grand finals but I don't see the Grand Finals being much better viewers wise either, honestly.

Hurts as a long time comp Halo fan...

eh, the competitive gaming landscape has changed a lot since halo was on top. Going forward, it'll be extremely rare to see a console exclusive be the top dog. I think H5's viewership in pretty decent, considering.

That said, I don't think ESL/343 have done all that great a job maximizing viewership... ESL has an inexplicable aversion to open HCS LANs, Spectator Mode still blows for online matches, @halo and @xbox never tweet the streams.

They have made some improvement at the end of the season: the Facebook live streams have been picking up a 1-2k extra viewers and they FINALLY started giving out req packs to all viewers.

We'll see if Sunday's action can draw in anymore viewers.

blamite

Anyone happen to have data on what the most damaging rocket launcher is for Firefight? I haven't used all of them to compare, but High-Five seems pretty awesome in my experience. I've been taking some pretty serious chunks of health off Wardens with it and the tracking range is huge and super useful. Maybe Ad Vic or SPNKR EX is more powerful though?

Also Talon of the Lost is greeeear for those obnoxious Prometheans bosses, don't pass it up just because it's a Needler!

Glass

I mean this was an end of season play off right? The actual grand finals for the HCS had a total of 100k viewers, whichever way you cut it I'd say that was impressive for a console exclusive e sport on Twitch.

Trup1aya

I mean this was an end of season play off right? The actual grand finals for the HCS had a total of 100k viewers, whichever way you cut it I'd say that was impressive for a console exclusive e sport on Twitch.[/QUOTE]

It's also worth mentioning that Facebook has greatly increased Halo's exposure. the post on Halo's page advertising e6 v nV was seen almost 85k times.

Twich is a tough market to crack, cause it'll always be predominately PC centric and core gamer centric. Asking the majority casual console crowd to download a seperate app to watch people play a game is a tough sell...

But everyone already has the Facebook app, and hot topics spread virally. I think this will be great for halo, and Esports as a whole.

Anyone happen to have data on what the most damaging rocket launcher is for Firefight? I haven't used all of them to compare, but High-Five seems pretty awesome in my experience. I've been taking some pretty serious chunks of health off Wardens with it and the tracking range is huge and super useful. Maybe Ad Vic or SPNKR EX is more powerful though?

Also Talon of the Lost is greeeear for those obnoxious Prometheans bosses, don't pass it up just because it's a Needler!

Pretty sure RLs that shoots real rockets rather than hydra rockets are stronger. Against wardens you really want vehicles not power weapons though.

Top Bottom