• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Cranster

Banned
Bundles sometime re-appear if the in game REQ did not load correctly, but you won't be able to buy it.
I was able to buy it, I even got the confirmation email from Microsoft.

Considering the end of halo 5...

Infinity is jumping around in the galaxy to avoid any type of communication with Cortana, in essense they are going dark. Going off the "GRID" so she can't detect where they are at. right?

Cheif, blue team and team osiris are sitting with Hasley, palmer and the Swords of Sanghelios on that planet.

Halo 6 better start out with some type of survival state of emergency. I really hope it starts right where 5 left off with the reunion. ....

I know we had a tease with Cortana and a Halo Ring, but there were also teases in vidocs of the AI (ronald) speaking with a 'nicer/lost?' cortana in a jungle environment. He was on a stationary data pad and she was walking through the bush, as if she heard him calling her.

So many questions. .. it excites me
IN additin aswell their are other questions i the air, like what has become of the Didact? Is he still a threat? Or on a path of redemption? How hard will he take it when it is not Humanity who assumed the mantle but a human created AI?

What of Lord Hood and the situation on earth?

Is the Librarian still alive and will Guilty Spark/Chakas find her?

Why will ONI want to kill Halsey and the other person (Cortana, Master Chief) when all is said and done?

So many questions and I hope 343i plans on answering them all in this saga.

What's up Halo fellas. I haven't played Halo 5 since January, and I was wondering if it was worth getting back into now. Is the game still receiving content updates? Or is what we have now all that we're ever going to get?

I don't have an Xbox One currently so I'd have to pick one up (I can get one for $100 in a couple weeks) to start playing the game again but Warzone Firefight looks fun and apparently the File Browser is in the game now?

People who have been playing this whole time, if you could fill me in that would be fantastic. Also, have they made legendary armor more common in gold packs?

What's up Halo fellas. I haven't played Halo 5 since January, and I was wondering if it was worth getting back into now. Is the game still receiving content updates? Or is what we have now all that we're ever going to get?

I don't have an Xbox One currently so I'd have to pick one up (I can get one for $100 in a couple weeks) to start playing the game again but Warzone Firefight looks fun and apparently the File Browser is in the game now?

People who have been playing this whole time, if you could fill me in that would be fantastic. Also, have they made legendary armor more common in gold packs?

There have been quite a few updates since you last played so you'll have to download it all. It's a bunch if arena maps, modes, war zone maps, and firefight.

File browser is coming in the fall though.

Akai__

The monthly content updates are done, but they have at least 1 update planned still. If you haven't played since January, you are missing like 5 updates anyways.

Firefight is okay, nothing like the original Firefight, but still okay. The File Browser is not in the game yet. It's available on Halo Waypoint, though. In-game, you still need to add people, which is not ideal. Full File Browser will launch with W10 Forge, but all we know is Fall 2016.

With all the content you are missing, you will have a hard time getting anything Legendary anytime soon. Assuming that you haven't unlocked everything from Uncommon to Ulttra Rare yet. You will need to work through Bronze, then Silver and then Gold packs or otherwise you will waste 10k REQ points for 2 Bronze REQ's.

The monthly content updates are done, but they have at least 1 update planned still. If you haven't played since January, you are missing like 5 updates anyways.

Firefight is okay, nothing like the original Firefight, but still okay. The File Browser is not in the game yet. It's available on Halo Waypoint, though. In-game, you still need to add people, which is not ideal. Full File Browser will launch with W10 Forge, but all we know is Fall 2016.

With all the content you are missing, you will have a hard time getting anything Legendary anytime soon. Assuming that you haven't unlocked everything from Uncommon to Ulttra Rare yet. You will need to work through Bronze, then Silver and then Gold packs or otherwise you will waste 10k REQ points for 2 Bronze REQ's.

I have all Commons and Uncommons, the vast majority of the Rares, and a handful of Ultra Rares.

Sordid

Playing Arena for the first time in ages and these servers are atrocious, plays like it did months ago :/ am I having bad luck or is server selection back to being rubbish again? Worst one was a wood tier play in my last match where we both started shooting at the same time and them melee'd at the same time. I didn't even drop his shields 😱

Edit:
Yes. The servers have been wonky for me these past couple of days

Just saw this post. At least it isn't just me!

I'd expect the Banished to carry over from HW2, solving the 'no covenant' issues the main line currently has now Jul is dead.

That would make sense. Their weapons and vehicles would double as REQs, Brutes could make a return to the franchise, and all the core Covenant enemy types will still be present. Maybe they killed of Jul 'Mdama to make room for Atriox in Halo 6 and the EU. Still not too happy with the decision to kill him off, though.

Defect

Yeah it can be pretty damn annoying, and the problem is exacerbated by solos vs teams. Get a few shots in, enemy thrusts/sprints away. And don't bother chasing whatsoever because radar.

It's not surprising this opinion is in the minority. I certainly don't want the thrust removed, rather I'd like the Pistol to receive a buff to a 4sk possibly or making the thrust delay shield recovery like sprint. Can't say for sure what I'd prefer, but I do acknowledge how frustrating and routine it can be.

I certainly don't want thruster removed either. The only ability I want gone is Spartan Charge, or at least the dumb lock on it has.

I don't know how to fix my issue with the thruster though. It's similar to Sprint in Reach and 4, where it's used to run away from battles since you can thrust into cover then sprint away. I'm not going to chase and teammates are usually worthless.

Hmmmmmmm.... so you're saying you can't follow through with your kills?
I was expecting a dumb "git gud" response from a platinum. Not surprised it's from you!

mo60

I can't seem to win many warzone matches anymore even if I do well in them. My win rate has been tanking for like the past month or so. Is anyone here struggling to win warzone matches now.

I've played 63 team arena games over the last 3 days. I have 18 wins. This game is so difficult to win at when you play by yourself. Really shows how fun this game is when I have a 28% win percentage but still want to play another game.

You mean until January right? Because they have added lots of stuff since then.

What I really want to get out of gold packs is the new stuff, specifically the Reach armor sets. I know the Kat and Jun pieces are only Ultra Rare, so surely it won't be that difficult to get them if I play consistently for a few weeks, right?

Magwik

Banned
What I really want to get out of gold packs is the new stuff, specifically the Reach armor sets. I know the Kat and Jun pieces are only Ultra Rare, so surely it won't be that difficult to get them if I play consistently for a few weeks, right?
You've got dozens of uncommon and rares to unlock first.

BizzyBum

Nah fam, expect to grind for weeks unless you get super lucky.

I certainly don't want thruster removed either. The only ability I want gone is Spartan Charge, or at least the dumb lock on it has.

I don't know how to fix my issue with the thruster though. It's similar to Sprint in Reach and 4, where it's used to run away from battles since you can thrust into cover then sprint away. I'm not going to chase and teammates are usually worthless.

I was expecting a dumb "git gud" response from a platinum. Not surprised it's from you!

Well even if I got a perfection I'm still wood tier to halogaf, so I gotta get em' in while I can!!

Recently completed Halo 2 on Legendary but MCC won't unlock the achievement. Anyone know how to fix it? In the achievements it says the requirement is 100% complete.

Recently completed Halo 2 on Legendary but MCC won't unlock the achievement. Anyone know how to fix it? In the achievements it says the requirement is 100% complete.

Don't have a clue. I have the same thing with H5 solo campaign, finished it legendary in all missions and received the in game pop up for achievement but on Waypoint it only says Heroic.

Why do you even bother FUNKNOWN?
cXvuk3Y.gif

Out of curiosity, I looked on the Halo Waypoint website to see what I was missing:

- 1 Common body armor
- 10 Uncommon body armor
- 10 Uncommon helmets
- 12 Rare helmets
- 14 Rare body armor

Once I get all of these (which is possible just from Silver packs), all of my armor drops will be either Ultra Rare or Legendary.

I like the look of some of the less rare items. Raijin looks pretty cool.

If I play every day for a couple hours, how long do you reckon it would take to get through these drops?

Esque7

Don't have a clue. I have the same thing with H5 solo campaign, finished it legendary in all missions and received the in game pop up for achievement but on Waypoint it only says Heroic.
Just finished H5 on legendary and have the same issue. I really don't care about achievements though so it's not a big deal, but weird 343i haven't fixed this issue yet.

Magwik

Banned
Out of curiosity, I looked on the Halo Waypoint website to see what I was missing:

- 1 Common body armor
- 10 Uncommon body armor
- 10 Uncommon helmets
- 12 Rare helmets
- 14 Rare body armor

Once I get all of these (which is possible just from Silver packs), all of my armor drops will be either Ultra Rare or Legendary.

If I play every day for a couple hours, how long do you reckon it would take to get through these drops?
Emblems are also req pack unlocks
Aka they are your nightmare

Getting a spartan charged does not affect a player's ability to shoot. That is to say, there is no delay or stun keeping a player from shooting immediately when Spartan charged.

Here is the proof.

The ability to melee is also not affected. Spartan charge only has a knock back effect on the targeted player.

Also, Spartan charge is more powerful than a regular melee. It takes shields as well as half health, while melee only takes shields.

Damn!!! Haha putting me to shame.
12 bullets right?

My Asian lag makes actually counting the shots a lot harder, my first perfect in that clip looks like a 6 shot but I think the 6th one is actually after he was dead, the 2nd perfect is fine though, the 6th shot is clearly sideways after the headshot sound.

- 1 Common body armor
- 10 Uncommon body armor
- 10 Uncommon helmets
- 12 Rare helmets
- 14 Rare body armor

That is 47 REQs which means 24 silver packs, you can easily get one silver pack in half an hour so 12 hours tops, you can also sell your useless REQs to accelerate that process. Use Halo Waypoint Tools to mass sell your REQs, you don't really need the mongeese, non-ONI gungeese and a bazillion warthogs.

Top Bottom