• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

They were close range and got melted. They serve their place in the sandbox. Spread could be wider, but hey.

I think the encounter would have been far more interesting if close range pistol duels had taken place. There's not much scope for an out strafe and shots missed at that range with autos in play.

Ade

Doesn't the armor only get awarded if you're in the company at the time you get to level 3? so i wouldn't get the armor piece for that level right?

Sorry wasn't aware you didn't have the armour, as pointed out though, once you have the armour it'll be a damn sight quicker if you join the gaf group

-Ryn

Banned
The aiming... it's... so good! It's been a while since I've played this game and holy shit, the difference is immediately noticeable.

Now my only question is, can I actually earn Mark V Delta?? I can't find anything about how to get it anywhere.

The aiming... it's... so good! It's been a while since I've played this game and holy shit, the difference is immediately noticeable.

Now my only question is, can I actually earn Mark V Delta?? I can't find anything about how to get it anywhere.

It's not available yet it will arrive in 2017

-Ryn

Banned
It's not available yet it will arrive in 2017
f1wo2Z2.gif

WELP at least there's this custom browser. I gotta say I am very impressed with this update. Well done 343. Ya fixed aiming, breathed new life into custom games, and have added a shit ton of new content. I salute you!

Halo 6 has a solid foundation to work off of it seems.

Akai__

I just can't take Simms... I'd rather watch every single tournament muted, instead of hearing his Bronze tier opinions.

There is no way to use our private Twitch chat on a phone right? I'm watching the stream and my Seahawks
loose :(
at the same time

Unfortunately, no. It never received an update to make thinks even better, either. Seems like Twitch forgot about it.

I just can't take Simms... I'd rather watch every single tournament muted, instead of hearing his Bronze tier opinions.

Unfortunately, no. It never received an update to make thinks even better, either. Seems like Twitch forgot about it.

Damn that sucks :/

Put AtomicJorge as caster again! ;) at least on HWC MX City 2017 :p

Karl2177

I'm gonna start quitting every BTB Strongholds have I get put into. The spawns are so broken that the fun factor goes instantly to zero. In what world would controlling blue base and bottom mid on Recurve cause the enemy to spawn outside blue base?

Akai__

First the t2 hate, now simms!? GTFO

People hating on T2 have no clue what they are talking about. Dude has more knowledge and skill than whole HaloGAF together. I guess people don't like his half aggressive sarcastic tone, but I find it hilarious.

Simms is just a nuisance. Yes, I chose that word, because he is overusing it and even T2 is saying it now. His "predictions" about what will most likely happen are also wrong every time. Only person who is worse than him, is probably GoldenBoy. Both can stay out of Competetive Halo and nothing of value would be lost.

Said it before, but totally agree. It's not even his opinions that bug me per se (even though not much there). It's his inability to commentate even half competently. Half the stuff he says is nonsense or pointless, and the other half is wrong by the time he says it because he takes so much time trying to sound clever all the time.

Halo casters in general need to learn that not everyone is Puckett and needs to be talking every second of every match.

Simms is just a nuisance. Yes, I chose that word, because he is overusing it and even T2 is saying it now. His "predictions" about what will most likely happen are also wrong every time. Only person who is worse than him, is probably GoldenBoy. Both can stay out of Competetive Halo and nothing of value would be lost.
Ok, now you've gotta get out of my head.

Also, Simms' annoying ass obsession with hitmahcurz. And his inability to talk about them in any interesting way. And his insistence to mention them every time he sees them.

I'm gonna start quitting every BTB Strongholds have I get put into. The spawns are so broken that the fun factor goes instantly to zero. In what world would controlling blue base and bottom mid on Recurve cause the enemy to spawn outside blue base?

It's not the spawns that are broken, it's your teammates. Once again, let's quote Kaos:

The story of my life in fucking BIG TEAM STRONGHOLDS YOU FUCKS THERE'S ALMOST NO REASON TO TRIPLE CAP WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING

Like, go for two of them. Go for the easiest two to defend. It's not hard to figure out which two. Boulevard? Taxi and Red Bend. Fuck Blue, they can keep Blue. Standoff? Either base and mid. The map that's like Wreckage but good? Top whatever and the one almost right under it. Entombed? Red and Trench. Shit isn't fucking rocket science, randies.

"B-but senpai we need blue base for the triple c-"

FUCK THE TRIPLE CAP. If you run them out of Blue then they'll just spawn at Red and fucking steal it from right under our noses while we're defending whatever the neutral point is because NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND is going to fucking follow you to the other base because THEY KNOW that it'd flip the spawns. You fucking idiots. It's infinitely worse on aysmmetrical maps like Entombed and Boulevard because if they cap Red Bend on either of them then they have infinitely easier access to Taxi/Trench, which is infinitely harder to defend from Blue. So if a randy goes for the triple cap then there's a 75-90% chance that they'll get the script flipped on them in such a way as to GIVE THE ENEMY TEAM A TRIPLE CAP. ONE GUY can fuck it up for the entire team almost instantly and infinitely because they and they alone get greedy.

It's happened to us more than once in a full party of moderately semi-competent players.

And while I'm here fuck all of you people that don't go for Monument either ironically or out of incompetence. Seriously what the fuck is wrong with you. I didn't know your opening gambit was to drop your pants and start lubing up so you can get fucked for 18 minutes.

Really needed this update to pull me back in. Gears 4 and Titanfall 2 distracted me quite a bit.
Still getting used to the new aiming (didn't really have any problems with the way it was before), but it doesn't seem bad either.

Love the KOTH additions. Definitely got a bunch of assassinations and other medals for the company there just now. Social playlists are also a very welcome addition.

Akai__

Halo going Dreamhack. Well, that's very nice.

Said it before, but totally agree. It's not even his opinions that bug me per se (even though not much there). It's his inability to commentate even half competently. Half the stuff he says is nonsense or pointless, and the other half is wrong by the time he says it because he takes so much time trying to sound clever all the time.

Halo casters in general need to learn that not everyone is Puckett and needs to be talking every second of every match.

Ok, now you've gotta get out of my head.

Also, Simms' annoying ass obsession with hitmahcurz. And his inability to talk about them in any interesting way. And his insistence to mention them every time he sees them.

Yep yep. Agreed with everything here.

BizzyBum

2017 should definitely be a better year for Halo eSports, especially if they implement those HCS changes we keep hearing about regarding radar, splinters, and automatics.

I know it would be expensive but I still wish they hosted an event in NYC. The only place I'd be willing to go for an event since it's so close to me.

Top Bottom