• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

EYEL1NER

I've re-finished Silvers since the update which added new stuff. Now back to Golds.
I don't know who I'm trying to kid, I'll probably have moved onto Halo 6 long before I would reach the point where I would be done with Golds.

BizzyBum

Ugh, hate when I hop on BTB and face off against clans like Allegiance. Everyone is SR 150+ and they all have like a winning percentage of 98%. One dude has a lifetime 70% accuracy. I know it's all BTB but jesus how is that possible?

JoeLT

So everyone seems to have their dead zones set to 0? Why isn't it like that by default? Should I be setting mine to zero as well? I have an elite controller for reference, is there anything I should be changing in my controller config as well?

With the resurgence in lapsed players... I think another community montage is called for? What do we reckon folks?

With my role over at Forgehub, it'd be good to include custom community content too.

Thoughts?

I need a US phone to redeem microsoft rewards offers. Can anyone do me that favor?
I hate MS for only letting you 'Muricans use that program.

nillapuddin

OG
3ZT6Uzx.jpg

Update 1 (2012~)
ZbCZ7xA.jpg

Current
QXSWqxO.png

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=442713&page=100000

With the resurgence in lapsed players... I think another community montage is called for? What do we reckon folks?

With my role over at Forgehub, it'd be good to include custom community content too.

Thoughts?

sounds good! My clips are pretty lame, but id like to see some cool ones from the fine folk we have here in HaloGaf. :)

Fuchsdh

Gone whole-hog on that Xbox white huh? :) At least you're not trying to match the book covers (that way lies madness...)

I think this is my favorite, because if he had Spartan charged or assassinated you (for the company) he woulda' won. But he went for a terrible ground pound and you cleaned him up :p

Fuchsdh

Thoughts?

Still got clips I don't think you used from the last one :)

nillapuddin

Gone whole-hog on that Xbox white huh? :) At least you're not trying to match the book covers (that way lies madness...)

Ugh, you know that's my eternal struggle. Not to mention since I'll be getting new physical copies of books for Christmas I'm gunna have to figure something out, there's no room at all on my shelf.

IHaveIce

Banned

Thoughts?

shouldn't you sit on a ton of clips, we sent to the email and didn't get a 2nd montage of?

*hides*

Karl2177

Has anyone else had the issue where the charge port on the controller dies? I've gone through 2 controllers now. I know it's not the charging cable or the batteries because I've tested them on other controllers. When I looked it up, people said it could happen on the controllers that shipped with the original line of consoles.

Looking at my old clips .. wow .. embarrassing LMAO.

Maybe i can do something within the next month and show something worthy!

all these pro's doing ninjas while i sit here thinking a double kill is special LOL T_T .....

One this still not fixed is the solo vs team.
Do you like pissing people off? Is it so hard?

Last night it seemed better than it used to be in WZ, at least. The party limit makes it a lot harder to farm when you have six randies going for the core.

You can still do a lot of damage with six people though, I had one game where they pulled out three wasps at the beginning, which kind of sucked. You can definitely tell when you are playing people with a deep REQ locker.

Detective

Last night it seemed better than it used to be in WZ, at least. The party limit makes it a lot harder to farm when you have six randies going for the core.

You can still do a lot of damage with six people though, I had one game where they pulled out three wasps at the beginning, which kind of sucked. You can definitely tell when you are playing people with a deep REQ locker.

Wz is amazing now. Six people ia no problem at all.
The arena is more frustrating.

Fuchsdh

Yeah I get the balance of the Wasp, but when one team can spam it they still punch way harder than their REQ level considering you don't have any anti-armor attachments for your BR at LVL 3 to effectively teamshot. They should really be knocked up to level 4, or else they really need a weaker shield or health.

Wz is amazing now. Six people ia no problem at all.
The arena is more frustrating.

Yeah, I try to play arena solo every once in awhile, but even fiesta seems to be full of parties that apparently think it's srs business.

Yeah I get the balance of the Wasp, but when one team can spam it they still punch way harder than their REQ level considering you don't have any anti-armor attachments for your BR at LVL 3 to effectively teamshot. They should really be knocked up to level 4, or else they really need a weaker shield or health.

Well, as Karl and I pointed out not too long ago, aerial vehicle balance is ass. Even Wasps are not that easy to hit since they are quick and have a whole other dimension to move in.

Speaking of Karl,

Thanks Karl!

KARL.png

----

I'm glad we agree that Halo should have more gritty, depressing realism.

Fuchsdh

Well, as Karl and I pointed out not too long ago, aerial vehicle balance is ass. Even Wasps are not that easy to hit since they are quick and have a whole other dimension to move in.

Definitely. Seems like aerial vehicles in Halo should really function more like glass cannons, and it's bizarre we're still having issues with balancing Banshees and their flips n' shit six years after Reach introduced us to that crud.

I think part of the problem specific to Warzone is there's less open areas on most maps where aerial vehicles are completely exposed, and since most of the maps are so sprawling there's often not a distinct disadvantage to going somewhere else—they'll be people to kill over there, too.

No reason at all other than I have another account that doesn't get bombarded with invites and hate mail non stop. If I had started on my public account I'd have stuck with that. As it is I have about a zillion unused reqs on my MP account, and less on my other account.

hate mail?

HATE MAIL?!?!?

for Frankie... hate mail... FOR FRANKIE.

#fucktheworld

BizzyBum

Wasps can be annoying early on in Warzone but for the life of me I can't figure out why no one trys to shoot them down. If your entire team just focus fires you can easily dispatch it, the maneuverability of the Wasp is ass.

Sometimes I see the same Wasp up for an entire Warzone Assault match and it drives me crazy.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Wasps can be annoying early on in Warzone but for the life of me I can't figure out why no one trys to shoot them down. If your entire team just focus fires you can easily dispatch it, the maneuverability of the Wasp is ass.

this is every flying vehicle in halo ever

Fuchsdh

Sometimes I see the same Wasp up for an entire Warzone Assault match and it drives me crazy.

Were it so easy...

this is every flying vehicle in halo ever
Not with the Banshee. That damn thing is a nuisance and needs to be balanced. With someone who knows how to fly it, it can be one of the most frustrating things to go up against in this game.

It's like going from "Okay, I can kill this thing if I put enough shots into it" to "Wow I've been shooting this fucker for the entire match and they're just flipping everywhere, ducking in and out of cover. Why am I playing this mode? Why am I playing this game? Doesn't 343 care that people have been complaining about this since Reach? Ima just go play something else before I snap my digital copy of Halo 5 in half.." lol

EYEL1NER

If I spawn a flying vehicle, I wind up getting shot down before I can even locate an enemy to kill. If the enemy team spawns a flying vehicle, that player will lead their team in kills and their vehicle will last the entire match.

Fuchsdh

Not with the Banshee. That damn thing is a nuisance and needs to be balanced. With someone who knows how to fly it, it can be one of the most frustrating things to go up against in this game.

It's like going from "Okay, I can kill this thing if I put enough shots into it" to "Wow I've been shooting this fucker for the entire match and they're just flipping everywhere, ducking in and out of cover. Why am I playing this mode? Why am I playing this game? Doesn't 343 care that people have been complaining about this since Reach? Ima just go play something else before I snap my digital copy of Halo 5 in half.." lol

Why it doesn't have a shorter boost gauge with flips tied to that, I dunno. People have been suggesting that since Reach.

Top Bottom