• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Message from Deustchland: Aiming is really screwy, I always notice that it seems different between Arena and Warzone- like, it's more sensitive in Arena.

FyreWulff

C6f7EFEVQAAcYOu.jpg:large

Still like how the Halo series doesn't shy away from color

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just found out my local Microsoft store has started hosting Halo tournaments' once a month. Think I'm going to attend some. Should be fun.

mo60

Just found out my local Microsoft store has started hosting Halo tournaments' once a month. Think I'm going to attend some. Should be fun.

I found out my local microsoft store was hosting halo tournaments once a month like 2 months ago.I did terrible in both \ tournaments I participated in.

You know what's not a placebo? Failing to load into this warzone match right now (infinite spinning circle black loading screen). So far since the new update, it's rarer, but confirmed still a problem. C'mon and fix your shit Stinkles.

I might have figured out what may be crashing the infinite spinning black loading screen. For some reason the new annoucers might be causing this issue in all warzone playlists When I switched back to the default annoucer this issue disappeared.

I might have figured out what may be crashing the infinite spinning black loading screen. For some reason the new annoucers might be causing this issue in all warzone playlists When I switched back to the default annoucer this issue disappeared.[/QUmonth

I can't go back, I'll wear the odd black screen if it means keeping my grunt buddy... He's awesome.

"Your team killed jul 'mdama and now he's dead"

Gets me every time!

And "your team blew up tank master rok... And his tank"

Nup, not going back.

Fuchsdh

I might have figured out what may be crashing the infinite spinning black loading screen. For some reason the new annoucers might be causing this issue in all warzone playlists When I switched back to the default annoucer this issue disappeared.[/QUmonth

I can't go back, I'll wear the odd black screen if it means keeping my grunt buddy... He's awesome.

"Your team killed jul 'mdama and now he's dead"

Gets me every time!

And "your team blew up tank master rok... And his tank"

Nup, not going back.

Just recently switched to Exuberant from Buck. Will be a while before I swap to the grunt.

But man, we need more announcers for Halo 6. It's great.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I found out my local microsoft store was hosting halo tournaments once a month like 2 months ago.I did terrible in both \ tournaments I participated in.

I might have figured out what may be crashing the infinite spinning black loading screen. For some reason the new annoucers might be causing this issue in all warzone playlists When I switched back to the default annoucer this issue disappeared.

breh. Check yo pms.

Also, Proving Grounds is coming soon. It got briefly deployed but with an error. Fixing now.

+1 for Sarah Palmer voice pack :D

Kill five 343 employees in one match to unlock TalkingEggHeads pack.

IHaveIce

Banned
I still can't buy the Voice pack here in Germany eventhough my Xbox is set to english, once this issue is resolved I'm all for new voice packs

Man this feels so obvious in retrospect.

And easy, Rooster Teeth have the facilities... Just work out a deal, give them a list of all the scenarios and RT can do the job then simply send the audio files to 343.

Another idea I have had for a RvB update is oddball with Lopez's head... Complete with random comments from Lopez as you throw him around.

Madness

Hopefully they release the announcers eventually to be earned in game. I think Exuberant Witness is the best one. I saw this ExWife clip where he got a Killionaire on Super Fiesta trench or something and her phrases were so unique. They got enough in terms of req purchases from me though. Took a lot of willpower not to shell out for the helmet pack.

Hopefully they release the announcers eventually to be earned in game. I think Exuberant Witness is the best one. I saw this ExWife clip where he got a Killionaire on Super Fiesta trench or something and her phrases were so unique. They got enough in terms of req purchases from me though. Took a lot of willpower not to shell out for the helmet pack.

lYDGTex.gif

You mean this Husky Raid clip? Exuberant is the only correct choice tbh.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MyExWlFE/video/27917984

Stupid hyped today to play superior radar settings and they put it up twice, it doesn't work twice and thought, hey it should be up by the time I get off work........nope.

Proud of my dudes. This doesn't seem as unsurmountable.

Now the bad news. I got active people waiting on the waitlist to join. I mean, active in that they actually talked to me before shooting a random request. And I hate bringing it up, cause someone will always be butthurt, but I have to make some cuts. If you post here often, chances are you're fine. You don't really check a forum for a game you don't play. But if a lurker that doesn't play is reading, expect to be at risk.

EYEL1NER

Proud of my dudes. This doesn't seem as unsurmountable.

Now the bad news. I got active people waiting on the waitlist to join. I mean, active in that they actually talked to me before shooting a random request. And I hate bringing it up, cause someone will always be butthurt, but I have to make some cuts. If you post here often, chances are you're fine. You don't really check a forum for a game you don't play. But if a lurker that doesn't play is reading, expect to be at risk.
I'm not anyone who is checking names because he is trying to police the SC or anything but I look at names online every now and then. Like, I used to look at a few names every once and a while of some of the older players in the SC that I never see online. I usually only play at nights after midnight here, so I don't auto-assume that they are inactive but I'm just curious. I know a lot of time when I would look at random people whose names I didn't recognize last year, it seemed like everyone was playing a ton. I'd say "Okay, I've never seen this dude online but he plays more than I do, and seems to be a million times better than me as well."
Isn't that last part the case for most of the company members though?
A few nights ago I was looking up the list at names I didn't recognize that were higher/older than mine and was surprised to see that there were people who hadn't played since like August or people who had played like one or two games since Jan 1st. But then again, those were the results of that audit that was conducted and posted about, so I shouldn't have been too surprised.
I don't know the best way to do it, but maybe just by going through and finding the person who has gone the longest without playing and then putting it to the thread/SC? Not by using anyone's name but just a "Hey, someone wants in and I'm eyeing at a guy in our group who hasn't played in literally 10 months... Cut him?" I can't see anyone having a problem with that.

I played a game or two after the update downloaded for me but didn't know what anyone was talking about re: the aiming issues. I'm not a pro player by any means and haven't ever tooled around with the sensitivities to figure out what I like. I don't use an elite controller and I keep my sensitivities at default usually. They are set to three in this game. But I just played a game right now where the aiming felt awful. I jumped into it, ran around a bit, got into a BR battle, and was surprised by how bad and sluggish it felt. If I was more experienced and more technically experienced, I could probably find better words to describe exactly what was happening but all I can say is that I did not care for it at all.

EDIT: Just played a second game, this time a WZFF match rather than a BTB match like before. It was quick because it threw me into a round 4 match. Same thing, aiming felt awful, even in an Oni Wasp with its gun. I don't know what the issue is but I don't care for it.

Madness

I will definitely rank again for the season this weekend. I tried to play action sack like you guys recommended to help with splatters. I got some golf game where people left on the other team, just wasn't fun. Managed to get 2 assassinations on am afk'er and didn't touch the playlist again. Will probably just do warzone but by time I get sniper, no one is rolling in any warthog or ghosts to easily snipe.

First time I've ever gotten massive fps drops and stuttering on arena maps. 343 your incompetence knows no bounds. Maybe it's my internet or Xbox?

i wont lie, i dont think i've played within a couple of weeks. Things have come up and xbox time has been limited.
Shameful. I'm pretty sure I haven't played since last Spring, maybe early Summer. I too have had so many things going on in life that I just haven't had the time. Marriage. House. Baby. I'm like a whole new me! Only recently have I started playing games again. Finished Unravel, Ori and the Blind Forest, and now working to finish Sunset Overdrive which i never did for some reason. But those are much easier games to just play in short bursts. When I play halo, i have to play for extended periods to get in a groove and stay fresh.

link1201

I have been grinding reversals lately. Reversals should be done in the next week or two probably.
Doing Spartan Charges in SWAT yields quite a few reversals in my experience. Kinda like a two for one deal.

I need to do another session farming Spartan Charges myself.

Shameful. I'm pretty sure I haven't played since last Spring, maybe early Summer. I too have had so many things going on in life that I just haven't had the time. Marriage. House. Baby. I'm like a whole new me! Only recently have I started playing games again. Finished Unravel, Ori and the Blind Forest, and now working to finish Sunset Overdrive which i never did for some reason. But those are much easier games to just play in short bursts. When I play halo, i have to play for extended periods to get in a groove and stay fresh.

congrats x3! im in the boat with wife, 2 young kids. hopeuflly i can buy a house soon but denver market is ridic.... i am really sad :(

Top Bottom