• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Infinite |OT| Campaign. Evolved.

buenoblue

I'm in. Cutscenes looked super washed out but in-game looks fine. Fps counter says 60fps but seems a bit stuttery.

ManaByte

Something something MP. Something something cosmetics.
NUzlkAR.png

Last edited:
I'm in. Cutscenes looked super washed out but in-game looks fine. Fps counter says 60fps but seems a bit stuttery.
I noticed this in the multiplayer cutscenes, the training part that had some story/dialog. I was hoping they would fix it. The color space is all off causing the washed out look.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Something something MP. Something something cosmetics.
NUzlkAR.png
I like this. I'm not invested in the mp cosmetics in a sizeable way, but I did notice that some of the MP armor unlocks are obtained through the campaign, and I dig that. It gives them a pinch of exclusivity, while also giving some incentive for the campaign side-missions (if this is indeed how they are obtained).

buenoblue

Yeah I'm loving it so far. Only thing anoying me is the grapple is the right button but comes out left arm. I keep pressing the wrong button lol.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
lol one of the grunts just shouted 'Its a great day to be meeee' as i was shooting him :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The grunts are hilarious so far. I love them and sometimes even feel bad about murdering them until the little assholes blow me up with their grenades.

The Grunts were great in Halo 5 too. I remember one of them sitting on a cliff in Sanghelios and having a "serious" discussion with one of the Elites, it was so funny.

Sakura

Performance isn't really as good as I'd like. The game isn't ugly but it's not that great either and I'm not sure why I only get around 40FPS in most of the open world.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Was watching my son playing the XSX version and the game looks and plays fantastic on our HDR TV. Halo is back, finally 343 is where they should've been many years ago. Can't wait to play the PC version tonight.

Last edited:

Phase

Performance isn't really as good as I'd like. The game isn't ugly but it's not that great either and I'm not sure why I only get around 40FPS in most of the open world.
Some reviewers mentioned the low fps in the open world. Hopefully they can optimize it...

Stuart360

Just a little tip if anyone hasnt realized yet, some of the collectable stuff doesnt show up on the map, such as the spartan upgrades. It helps exploring off the beaten track.

It didnt pre install the fucking campaign at all even though i clicked multiple times. I have to download and install now…. boooooooo

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Heroic is the way to go right? I just got to the outside section on Normal and haven't died yet. Is there any way to change difficulty or do I have to restart?

gow3isben

So whats the verdict on the open world? Cookie cutter or not? I hate this trend in gaming but is there anything Halo does that makes it stand out in that aspect like Witcher 3 or Elden Ring is seemingly doing?

Had a quick go which ended up being about 4 hours. Feels sooo good to play and the combat puts most shooters to shame.

I struggled not having parkour in other games after playing Dying Light and can already see I will struggle without the grappling hook as soon as I load up another FPS.

I think it looks good in Dolby Vision and the soundtrack is goosebump inducing.

The open world feels good and not like a Ubisoft game with 5000 POIs.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Heroic is the way to go right? I just got to the outside section on Normal and haven't died yet. Is there any way to change difficulty or do I have to restart?
Haven't booted it yet but Staten did a recent interview explaining how in the past the games were designed around Heroic difficulty and scaled down for Normal/Easy and up for Legendary but with Infinite they designed the game around Normal and scaled respectively from there. He mentioned Normal is now the "intended" experience where Heroic was in past games.

I'm still going to play on Heroic on my first run though, fuck it. Tradition is important.

Top Bottom