• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Halo: MCC |OT| 1t's 2 extr3me 4 one disc

The numbers may be too much though
Welp, damn. Either this or the Bungie one, although I'm more inclined with this since it's cute and clever lol.
I just think it's a fallacy that somehow Halo is better when Radar is off. Why exactly is it better?
But I've explained why it's better for competitive play ;'[
Even when it's a high level pro game. Surely if all those players can read a Radar well and use it to their advantage then it negates it's effectiveness.
Then you increase the chances of stalemates, further prolonging encounters or delaying deaths, similar to other things we've despised in this franchise like the Bubble Shield and Armor Lock. That clip I linked on the previous page, how is it different than Armor Lock? The guy runs around a rock while looking at his motion tracker, and a guy using Armor Lock is staying alive but not moving around. Similar levels of frustrating is all I'm trying to compare here.
Maybe in scenarios where its 4 good players who can work well with a Radar against 4 who can't it's a different ball game but surely then the fault lies with the player.
The same can be said for no motion tracker.
I think people have some false assumptions that Radar off = Harder game because it's been a tradition of Pro gametypes
Imagine a pro Smash player being able to use items combined with their advanced movements; it would be even more unbalanced for the lesser-skilled player. Giving a better player even more tools to be better without much effort (or any effort in the case of motion tracker since it's not something you earn) is not as different as rewarding players with killstreaks.

EDIT:
|OT| The First Game That You Wish Had On Disc DLC
Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| No, I Think the Download is Just Getting Started
lmfao

Sephzilla

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| No, I Think the Download is Just Getting Started

8247%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20clapping%20crying%20gif%20paul_heyman%20wwe.gif

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| Finishing this download.

8247%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20clapping%20crying%20gif%20paul_heyman%20wwe.gif

iMax

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| This is the way the download ends.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| Wake me, when you need me.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| You did it. The download. It's finished.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| Patches never die. They're just missing in action.

Sephzilla

If there's any silver lining to the 20GB download it's that we've gotten a new wave of fun OT names

--

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| "All on one disk" ... "Don't make a girl a promise you can't keep"

|OT| Now entirely in resolutions that end with x1080
|OT| Figure I'll try taking the multiplayer out...mix things up a little
|OT| Guest starring ElzarTheBam

Mix

*Sigh*

I understand why people are upset about me being so against the "Bungie's Best Game of 2014" title and I get that "Mjolnir Mix" isn't the most exciting title ever. The reason I'm so against the Bungie jab isn't because I don't think it's funny, in all honesty I think it's hilarious and breathe a slight chuckle every time I see it. The issue isn't even that I don't want to offend 343 or Bungie, even if I think the title would ruffle some feathers, which it would. My issue with the title is that I just don't think it fits well enough. Destiny was a fantastic game, I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I enjoy Halo, but that's not the point. As a stand alone thing, it's a great piece of work and there's no reason to bring it up in my opinion.

However, in order to appease the people of HaloGAF and all those who find themselves hiding behind bushes while perusing about the thread, I offer the oppurtunity. I am taking down every single suggestion I see that doesn't include a Bungie reference. I will not tell which one I use until midnight EST when the thread goes live. If I don't find one I like better then I will simply stick with Mjolnir Mix and call it good.

Step up to the challenge, HaloGAF. Come up with a better title.

klodeckel

Banned
So ... Basically:

- HaloGAF blames gaming side for focussing too much on ... the download thing.

- HaloGAF ignores gaming side thread because of too much stupid talk on ... the download thing.

- One day later, HaloGAF searches an OT title and the most suggested ideas are based on ... the download thing.

Ya well. I expected something better by a community group that gets a two-generation defining package in a few days to be honest.

Sephzilla

*Sigh*

I understand why people are upset about me being so against the "Bungie's Best Game of 2014" title and I get that "Mjolnir Mix" isn't the most exciting title ever. The reason I'm so against the Bungie jab isn't because I don't think it's funny, in all honesty I think it's hilarious and breathe a slight chuckle every time I see it. The issue isn't even that I don't want to offend 343 or Bungie, even if I think the title would ruffle some feathers, which it would. My issue with the title is that I just don't think it fits well enough. Destiny was a fantastic game, I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I enjoy Halo, but that's not the point. As a stand alone thing, it's a great piece of work and there's no reason to bring it up in my opinion.

However, in order to appease the people of HaloGAF and all those who find themselves hiding behind bushes while perusing about the thread, I offer the oppurtunity. I am taking down every single suggestion I see that doesn't include a Bungie reference. I will not tell which one I use until midnight EST when the thread goes live. If I don't find one I like better then I will simply stick with Mjolnir Mix and call it good.

Step up to the challenge, HaloGAF. Come up with a better title.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| This thread will go live after a 20 GB update

So ... Basically:

- HaloGAF ignores gaming side thread because of too much stupid talk on ... the download thing.

- One day later, HaloGAF searches an OT title and the most suggested ideas are based on ... the download thing.

Ya well. I expected something better by a community group that gets a two-generation defining package in a few days to be honest.

Comic relief man.

IHaveIce

Banned
So ... Basically:

The thread will be in gaming side so it would be fitting, nobody here is taking it as serious, we like to have fun in here.
Keep calm bruh.

So ... Basically:

You expected something better from this community?

You must be new here.

HTupolev

Of course, everything labeled is subjective.
I wasn't addressing subjectivity.

I was pointing out that
1-much of what you brought up was extremely implementation-dependent, and
2-even regardless of whether something is "subjectively" or "objectively" better or worse, most of your points did not even begin to explain how something was better or worse in any sense at all!

Then you increase the chances of stalemates, further prolonging encounters or delaying deaths, similar to other things we've despised in this franchise like the Bubble Shield and Armor Lock. That clip I linked on the previous page, how is it different than Armor Lock? The guy runs around a rock while looking at his motion tracker, and a guy using Armor Lock is staying alive but not moving around. Similar levels of frustrating is all I'm trying to compare here.
It's different because
1-it's something everyone has access to all the time,
2-it can't be popped to avoid a well-executed barrage of damage,
3-you're still actively maneuvering with the person using it, so gameplay doesn't get locked up, and
4-variable exit time doesn't introduce the same sort of obnoxious unpredictability, since you can see what's happening and the other player can't just teleport around.

You're grasping at the world's smallest straws here.

antigoon

Re: radar and competitive play - as funknown said, it would just create more standoffs and stalemates. Lack of radar, imo, promotes more calculated risk-taking, which is a good thing.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
OT title of something other than a jab at the content update please.

Last thing we need is to instigate another 30 pages of bitching.

Mix

I'm serious about taking all of them and saving them for game day, I already have more than 20. Keep 'em coming or forever hold your peace.

VinFTW

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| Wake me, when the downloads finished.

Non jab, lame ones:

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| Then they must love the smell of Bvlgari

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| Yeah, we're doing a little product placement

Tawpgun

No radar makes you so lost when no one is using mics though, That's the big downside.

Destiny Radar or Soundbased radar are the best imo. You don't know exactly where they are but you know the general direction of the action.

So ... Basically:

Hey, get a load of captain broadstrokes, ain't you a great little swimmer.

Sephzilla

Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| Eh, Green RoboCop's a pretty cool guy
Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| Fights Covenant and doesn't afraid of anything

Top Bottom