• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARGH
zDNx1.gif

ARGH
ARGH
ARGH
What are you taking issue with in there? I just skimmed the first page and it's just people saying Blu-ray > DVD which is pretty much true.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
What are you taking issue with in there? I just skimmed the first page and it's just people saying Blu-ray > DVD which is pretty much true.
The ones that were saying DVD and upscaled DVD are equal to the quality of 1080p blu-ray. Or that 1080p blu-ray was distracting for old films.

Gave me the same "30 fps is cinematic" posters vibe.

The ones that were saying DVD and upscaled DVD are equal to the quality of 1080p blu-ray. Or that 1080p blu-ray was distracting for old films.

Gave me the same "30 fps is cinematic" posters vibe.
Ah, didn't get that far. 9 pages bro.

Lol, I also used to be "30 fps is cinematic" guy BUT ONLY FOR CUTSCENES. Playing CoD and having normal movements in cutscenes look so smooth is really jarring when you're so used to 24fps cinema. I have seen the error of my ways and have always thought that 60fps in gameplay is paramount.

feel

Im never going to 100% Reach. So many stupid achievements added.

Really hope 343i never puts MP achievements in again unless they are milestone achievements which I am fine with.

So bad. Can't believe Frankie and Co. gave the OK to this frustrating garbage. Meeting the conditions for some of them seems almost impossible due to the way MM works, and then you have to rely on tons of luck, skill and ability to not choke when eventually they are met. Really wish I didn't care about 100%ing the Halo games.

So bad. Can't believe Frankie and Co. gave the OK to this frustrating garbage. Meeting the conditions for some of them seems almost impossible due to the way MM works, and then you have to rely on tons of luck, skill and ability to not choke when eventually they are met. Really wish I didn't care about 100%ing the Halo games.

There is no way I would have ever gotten those if it weren't for that lobby tonight.

ARGH
zDNx1.gif

ARGH
ARGH
ARGH

Oh god, I am reading this and it is painful. Either some people need glasses..or.. I dunno.

What Kind of achievements should competitive multiplayer DLC have?

It would be better if you could get them on all maps but you need the DLC to actually unlock the achievements. Unless "Living Dead" requires Defiant and Anniversary it shouldn't have achievements tied to those maps and that playlist. Im fine with Living Dead based achievements, but I dont like when any achievements need to be on a certain mappack, gametype, etc.

Map specific achievements should die in a fiery abyss. They never could be a good idea even if we had some free dlc...which we should by now in all honesty...

I agree, MP based achievements suck usually. Im sure some can work, but the way Reach has implemented them mixed with DLC worsens it. Just give us some more SP achievements.. That or some kill grind achievements, or hid skulls on the dlc maps again? Just please, dont make it so painful like the ones we have in Reach now.

FyreWulff

I don't which one worse: the one that requires you to assassinate someone out of AL (they can spin around to you instantly) or the one that requires you to specifically beat someone down from behind but NOT a full assassination animation while both of you are actively pressing the jetpack button.

Add the fact that you need to own Anniversary to get the new Defiant achievements (and then the Anniversary disc can't even load Defiant) plus the fact that you have to get them on Defiant specifically in the end is like.. stop it. Stop making these multiplayer achievements.

At minimum, Reach 1.0 let you unlock any of the DLC achievements as long as you had the maps installed. The 1.1 map-specific and having to own the latest DLC to unlock cheevements for previous DLC is straight up cash grab bullshit. I'm pretty sure they just expected people to boost these. And then there's not even any achievements for Unearthed or Installation 04.

ps. finally got enough contract work done that it'd be safe to blow away my old Vista install and upgrade to 7 (bought it a month ago). So damn good

I just got my financial aid check. I should have Internet again this weekend. It's been nearly a month since I've played on Live outside of the office. :^(

Damn, last time we played, we pillaged the world of people that thought they could play Halo. When you get them interwebz, let me know and I'll use my Xbox for something besides Battlefield 3 and watching episodes of Arrested Development.

Hi my name is Xand and I have been lurking here for way too long. I actually remember when Wilford Brimley and his beautiful stables were a topic of discussion.

I would have posted yesterday but I didn't want to admit I was accepted on the same day as Over because that is a stink that just won't wash off. I also didn't want Heckfu to off himself.

So here I am today just a boy, standing in front of Halogaf, asking it to love me.
Asshole. You are a motherfuckin' asshole. Didn't quote me at your first post? It's over, Xand. I'm done with you.

Hello, Xand <3 <3

Edit.: Before Halo 4 comes out I'm trying to get all achievements in every Halo game and Super Meat Boy.

Yeah, I just don't understand how someone didn't notice how bad they were. Achievements aren't supposed to be easy, but when the challenge comes from the fact that matchmaking only gives you a tiny chance of getting the gametype and map you need then the challenge isnt a fun one lol.

Its also not exactly a challenge to jetpack and assassinate another jetpacker, that just comes in an extremely rare circumstance. The assassinate an armour locker is so ridiculous I wonder if they even realised people can spin around while in armour lock? I cant remember the other ones, but they were all pretty bad.

Achievement's just reeked of money grabbing. Why else would you package achievement's for an older DLC package?

Please hire someone to slap you in your collective faces if you ever try and release another set of achievements that bad 343. :p
Or just get someone to invigilate, without the face slapping

TheOddOne

The idea of stepping into the shoes of Master Chief, alone on a planet filled with crap like that thing hunting me as I make my way across a vast and impossibly ancient landscape like we've seen in the Concept Art trailer? The prospect of Halo 4 being like that makes me wet.
You and me both.

Hire Retro.

My wish came true, they are finally here! Both of them!

Are we going to play some Reach tonight? I'm feeling a lot better now and I haven't touched my Xbox in 3 days now. She's feeling lonely.

More than two hours without posts?

Anyway, me and some buddies will be running a BTB lobby tonight at 8pm EST, we'll test heavy map variants and it'll be DLC required.

Whose in?

I'm the sort of guy that is quite content with not having full gamerscore on any game. With Halo Waypoint though they are actually tying those really bad achievements with in-game content... which sucks. Look at all of ye cheezing for them. You're certainly not the only ones. Players like you are the players that want as high a gamerscore as possible on Halo games, essentially boosting that Waypoint rank.

So then what will you have? A waypoint rank which will only serve to highlight who in your friends list cared enough to endure some of gamings worst achievements. The multiplayer achievements are stupid but that's where I stop with them. I'd rather a lower gamerscore than putting myself through that any day.

Damn, last time we played, we pillaged the world of people that thought they could play Halo. When you get them interwebz, let me know and I'll use my Xbox for something besides Battlefield 3 and watching episodes of Arrested Development.
I really miss Reach. The new Anniversary gametypes were a blast. And new bloom feels so good.

As for multiplayer achievements, I don't mind the "play x amount of y" ones, especially if it gets more people to play Objective games. I think if you set the achievement to 100, it might have a lasting effect on player voting behavior in Halo 4. (But stick to the core playlists: "Play x amount of Team Objective or Team Slayer." I don't want to see "play x amount of gametype." That's going to establish the worst type of player behavior: Mr. Only Votes for One Gametype and Quits if He Doesn't Get His Way.)

So then what will you have? A waypoint rank which will only serve to highlight who in your friends list cared enough to endure some of gamings worst achievements. The multiplayer achievements are stupid but that's where I stop with them. I'd rather a lower gamerscore than putting myself through that any day.
Do people really care about their ranks? I for myself just want to see all Halo games in the "All achievement sections" of the dashboard. It gives me satisfaction.

Btw. Happy Birthday, Nutter!

I really miss Reach. The new Anniversary gametypes were a blast. And new bloom feels so good.
I really miss your voice.

Multiplayer achievements better not be in Halo 4. I don't know how the community can be anymore clear on this. Nobody likes 'em, nobody wants 'em. There's no reason for them to be in Halo 4 unless MS forces 343i to do it.

Multiplayer achievements better not be in Halo 4. I don't know how the community can be anymore clear on this. Nobody likes 'em, nobody wants 'em. There's no reason for them to be in Halo 4 unless MS forces 343i to do it.
There are people who like the Multiplayer achievements.

blamite

I doubt anyone would care if Halo stopped having multiplayer achievements, at least not enough to stop playing if they otherwise wouldn't have. I mean, CoD games haven't had any, and they seem to be doing all right.

TheOddOne

Should be like COD, all singleplayer achievements and no multi achievements for mappacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom